Magic // Magi the Labyrinth o...

By DerpyTea

"Never forget who you are, where you are, and where you came from. It's easy to forget but hardto remember."... More

Chapter one
chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven

Prolouge

588 8 2
By DerpyTea

Memories

"Hm~" a female hummed in satisfaction having her 5th book done. "Interesting"

She sighed under her breath while stretching her aching body, hearing a satisfying crack she let out small giggle while laying her head on her bead. She was just a kid, who looks innocent and pure for this world.

But she's not.

Reading books is her passion and it will never change that. But hearing her having an arranged marriage leaves her a bitter feeling, she knew it's for the sake of her country, for the people.

But why can't she decide who she will be marrying?

"Books is the only thing I have in this world, and oh.." she looked toward her side having her hair sprawled behind her "I still have my father and mother"

She left her bead while adjusting her long dress. She faced the mirror, looking clearly at her own reflection. She was unique, they said she was perfect.

"Yeah right" she scoffed at that thought lifting a piece of her hair up she could only raise a brow from its unique color.

She was a combination of a Fanalis and Aoikira , pink hair with light blue tips from it. She thinks it looks weird, to others it's a blessing. Having her mother's strength while having her father's manipulation of magoi and intelligence is an incredible thing.

But to her, it's a waste of time.

"They'll probably marry me for having this..." she looked down having a small frown on her mouth, she was upset. "To think having a fiance at this young age"

She was just a fucking 6 year old girl.

She made a small jump on her bed laying down again while grabbing her 6th book of the day. She usually reads 30 books a day, it was tiring but it was worth it.

"Knowledge is important in this world" she mumbled her eyes glint in curiosity while flipping through every page.

Suddenly, a knock could be heard outside of her room.

Ah, it's dinner time.

She stood up again and tidied her self up, satisfied by her look she opened the door only to see her maid's tired face.

"It's dinner time hime-sama" her maid let out a tired smile, her eye bags noticable for her to see.

"I see...." she let her maid to guide her through the dining room where her parents are located. She gave a simple tug to the maid's sleeves making her look at the princess in curiosity. "You should take a break sometimes..."

She whispered, her face having pink tints on her cheeks. The maid let out a few tears making the princess panic at her.

"Ah...hime-sama...!" She wailed out while cupping both of the princess's hand as the maid knelt down "you don't have to waste your breath on a maid like me"

How dramatic of her maid can be.

She let put a sigh seeing her maid being exaggerated by her emotions again. She ignored her maid's crying and continued her walking. It was like a never ending maze. She felt goosebumps noticing the silent hallways and not seeing the usual busy maid or guards passing around.

At least she was barefooted, since her dress is long it hides her feet. Making her roam wherever she wants, but she still wants to stay at her room.Seeing the giant door she was about to open it until her nose caught a scent.

Fire.

"Mother! Father!" She yelled out worriedly while slamming the doors open. She knew she would be scolded for having no manners.

But she didn't care.

There was something wrong just by sniffing the air.

Her breath caught in her throat seeing the dining room lit on fire. She was about to hyperventilate until she saw her parent's dead body. Blood splattered all over the wall their body decapitated as their internal organs scattered across the table.

"What the...." she mumbled holding her stomach, she felt sick and she couldn't deny that. "No one noticed....this?"

Judging by the smell this fire started before I was here

Realization dawned upon her, as her face paled. She ran fast towards her room but she suddenly tripped making her body kiss the floor harshly. She winced in pain, standing up, she looked behind her only to see her maid's dead body brutally murdered. Deep gashes on her stomach as her head was twisted in a horrible way as her internal organs spewed outside. Just like her..

"Just like may parents..." her body felt numb. She looked forward and continued to run despite her own body aching from the impact.

It's  a trap

Everything was clear to her, just hearing the silence outside of her room. Just by seeing her maid's chaotic uniform.

"I don't want to die yet..!" She whispered harshly at herself while gripping her dress to run more properly.

Slamming her bedroom door harshly she locked it fast and took neccessary things with her. She took a small bag and put her important books filled with informations of her Empire, her mother's necklace and earrings that she gave her, and her dad's present. She never opened it, but now's not the time.

"Pro-protection...I need that" she whispered, adrenaline rushing through her veins. She took a small dagger and hid it inside her dress.

"This dress is too long" she spat out in distaste having her slow down. She took her dagger and rip it until it reaches to her knees. Satisfied by the length, she took her heavy bag and hid her dagger again. While wearing a cloack to hide her identity.

And ran again. Never looked back.

Where will I go?

That thought almost made her slowdown. She gasped for breath seeing her far away from her home, her adrenaline washed off making her fatigue crash down at her form.  She could feel her feet burn from not wearing any shoes, she could even feel it throb.

"Thank....god" she continued to wheeze "I got my mom's Finalis blood on me"

"A-am I saf--"

Her home suddenly exploded. Her head whipped  fast to see her own home covered in flames, her mouth began to tremble as a lump in her throat began to form seeing her own home gone. She ignored people's shout of worry and continued to walk forward.

Never look back.

"I wonder what my home looks like now...." she muttered as people began to gather to her home.Their shouts of worry turned to a shout of horror. Adjusting her bag, putting it to her front for safety, she tried to find money to any of the pockets but only to find none. "Great, just great! I don't have any money"

Her eyes began to droop making her stop at her tracks. She let out a small yawn, looking around she found her self on the beach where the boats are located.

"I need to find a cave or some--"

"Hey miss"

She was caught of as a hand grabbed her shoulder softly, on instinct she took her hidden dagger while swinging her body behind the person and cutting his cheek.

"Woah!" He yelped in surprise, feeling his cheek stung as blood began to trickle down. His violent hair flew a little from the wind.

"W-who are you?" She asked still holding her dagger harshly as her heart began to thump. Seeing the familiar hair color she let out a gasp accidentally dropping her dagger.

"You're S-Sinbad...right?" She asked with a hopeful tone as gust of wind blew the cloak on her head making her identity revealed. She grabbed his arm as tears began to blur her vision.

"Please....help me" her voice cracked as she grabbed his arm, her body collapsed from fatigue making Sinbad steady her "someone killed my family"

Sinbad could only rub circles on her back as she made the princess sat down on the soft sand as she began to cry, her stress came crashing down to her shoulder. It was too much for her to handle. Too fast for her to comprehend.

"I don't know where to go..." she gripped her ruined dress harshly, she looked back at him as her puffy eyes stared to his "I-I'll pay you back someday, I swear!"

"Princess..." his deep voice cut her off noticing her panicked face, he gave her a reassuring smile "I'll help you..."

She suddenly hugged him as she gave dry tears to him while shouting her thanks at him. Sinbad could only laugh at her but deep down,  he knew she went through a lot.

"What is..." pushing her slightly to make eye contact "your name princess?"

Of course Sinbad knew her name since she's Tsushigi's only daughter, but he had to talk to her since she was still too tense.

"My name...?" she mumbled, as her body began to sway tiredly making her almost to pass out but Sinbad was too quick and held her slow to him like a brother would do. "Its...  Atsukei Tsushigi"

She mumbled before she passed out to his arm while gripping to his sleeves tight. Sinbad carried the sleeping girl on his arms, while taking her dagger and went to the inn where Ja'afar and the others are located.

That happened a couple of years from her past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 6K 60
Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon conqueror? Yes, but not an ordinary one. Wi...
117K 5.6K 32
*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* Ashlyn's life had been anything but easy. Her father left years ago and her mother is very abusive, both...
6.1K 224 15
You're a traveling musician, just looking for the finer things in life while doing enjoying the ride and doing something you love: creating music. Of...
20K 467 22
𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘉𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘪�...