Sapphire's Vow

By sweetblunch

What would the divorce heiress do if she's constantly crossing paths with her ex-husband lately? Sapphire St... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30

EPILOGUE

154K 5.3K 793
By sweetblunch

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

We were married a month later in a beach wedding at the private island my family owns as per my radiant wife's request. It was only a simple wedding ceremony with family and close friends in attendance.

Expect no less from a jewelry heiress, I mused silently, watching her walking down the aisle.

Sapphire was wearing a simple white dress with no veil, her blonde hair was braided on one side with small flower ornaments clip made of diamonds scattered around her hair courtesy of her older sister, Amethyst, and a simple white-gold necklace with a small rectangular sapphire pendant around her pretty neck a gift from me after we got engaged again.

She was also barefoot and have a while bouquet of flowers in her hand. It was way too different from our first wedding when it was all grand and lavish celebration that leaves everyone in awe.

As expected, the whole St. Clair clan flew to Greece to witness our wedding since Sapphire is forbidden to travel until she gave birth we informed them about our intention to marry again and our baby news via conference call. As I thought, they were all delighted at the news especially Daniel who couldn't hide his happiness at the baby news.

As for my family, at first, they opposed the idea that I am planning to marry my ex-wife again but I firmly told them that I would marry her even if they are against the idea and I am willing to forget that they are my family and they could disown me if they want. Only my cousin, Dionne was happy at the news of our impending nuptials. In the end, they accepted my decision with a heavy heart.

I could see that my mother was trying to forget the pain Sapphire had cost when she divorce me two years ago and she was pretty much excited for our unborn child. As for my aunt? I sighed deeply. That's a different story.

Now I stood at the makeshift altar at the beach watching my beautiful bride with a slight baby bump walking towards me in the arms of her grandfather. Did I mention that I was wearing khaki pants white long sleeve shirt that rolled up to my arms and barefoot at my wedding also? It was Sapphire's idea she wanted to have a simple wedding as possible even our guests were bare-footed at the beach with their fanciest white beach outfits. Oh yes, the theme of our wedding was all white.

Emerald pinned a stem of white flower on my shirt that she pluck from Sapphire's bouquet to look like a man who was about to get married she said.

"Hey," I said by way of greeting when she finally arrive at the altar. I must admit that I was still as nervous as the first time we wed as I carefully took her hand from her grandfather.

"Hey, stranger. Not having second thoughts about this?" She teased with her green eyes danced with happiness.

"Not at all," I replied solemnly.

So much had happened since we learned that she's expecting again. From temporarily leaving her work and stay at home to avoid risk for her pregnancy. She's now spending most of her time learning how to cook authentic Greek food from our housekeeper though from time to time she's still accepting phone calls from the St. Clair Diamonds if they want to ask her opinion or suggestion about something the employees in their company were under strict order not to stress her so much.

We also bought a seaside villa as a permanent residence since I thought that the penthouse is not suitable for raising a child. Sapphire was now growing her own garden filled with herbs and flowering plants to occupy most of her time and instead of running now as she usually favored I joined her on a walk on the beach every morning to have some fresh air. All in all, she settled on a domesticated life but I will not object if she chose to return to their company after she'd given birth.

Finally, we're on the part of the wedding ceremony when we're about to say the wedding vows. I never spoke my wedding vows as solemn as I am right this moment. After all, it's not every day that a man was given a second chance at love and marry the same person again. Sapphire on her part misted with tears upon saying her wedding vows.

And then, the wedding officiant pronounced us as man and wife. I cradle Sapphire's face in my hand as if it was the most precious thing I ever held in my arms and kiss her to celebrate our union and this time I knew that it will last.

When the party was progressing my wife and I were crowded by her sisters, of course, they were eager to see Sapphire's slight baby bump this was the first time they would see her after announcing her pregnancy.

"I'm so happy for you guys," Amethyst commented while holding hands with her five-year-old son. "Now Max can have a little cousin to play with."

"Granddad is now surely over the moon with another impending great-grandchild for him," Emerald stated, sipping her champagne. She reschedule her modeling job abroad last minute to attend our wedding. She said she couldn't miss this for the world. "I'm sure he will forget some crazy ideas he has on his head from now on."

"I don't think so, Em." Roman Vasquez joined the conversation approaching us with his wife in his arms with a knowing smile on his face. "If you think that can sway your grandfather with a baby news with his plans you need to think twice."

Emerald raised her glass towards our brother-in-law. "If you will just give Daniel another great-grandchild then you are saving the rest of us."

"Can't do that yet." Ruby looked up to her husband with a grin. "We want to enjoy each other's company before bringing a child to the equation."

"You are a traitor, sis!" Emerald announced angrily. "You just joined granddad's enemy camp."

Everyone laughed except Emerald and Amethyst—or should I say, the remaining single among Daniel St. Clair granddaughters. Moments later, we were approached by the man in question. "Amethyst, lass. Can we talk privately?"

"As in right now?" The eldest granddaughter asked warily.

The patriarch nodded with a reassuring smile. "This won't take long, I promise."

"Mommy?" Her son inquired innocently.

She kneeled down to level with her son. "This will not take long. Stay here and I will be back later." She smiled reassuringly to her son before kissing the top of his dark hair. "Be a good boy, okay?"

Max nodded and we all watch her mom trailing behind Daniel for their 'private talk'. I shook my head in resignation this man never wastes time. He already eyed his next project minutes after his other grandchild say I do.

"I'm outta here," Emerald announced desperately maybe sensing the impending danger that's coming in her way very soon.

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

I walked on the busy airport in Rome finding my way to the exit terminals trying not to collide with other people. Summer in Italy was not the best time to conduct business when you will be joining a mob of tourists finding their way out of the airport and everyone was eager to find their way out of the busy airport.

I was only barely out of my beach dress from the wedding of my sister, Sapphire—ironically, to her Greek ex-husband before I hopped to the plane board to Rome. I still can't believe it.

Our sly grandfather, Daniel, had managed to marry off two of my sisters within six months. He was unbelievable in his matchmaking skills—or meddling as I privately called it.

First, Ruby who had just come home after years abroad early in January, my rebellious younger sister had come to New York to hide to her husband the Spanish billionaire, Roman Vasquez. For some circumstances when they first married it was only out-of-convenience for her husband's part. Soon enough the handsome Spanish traveled to New York to woo his defiant wife. Not only Roman had managed to capture my sister's elusive heart despite her unpopular opinion about marriage.

Then Sapphire had followed. Two years after her divorced my sister had been more than ready to move on with her life but her ex-husband, Loukas had something to say about it. Before my sister knew what was happening Loukas once again playing as the central character in her life. The ruthless Greek billionaire had managed to swept-off her feet for the second time.

I grimaced at the thought I already regretted my decision to leave my son in Greece with my family I should have brought Max with me here so maybe after my job we could take a little vacation before returning to New York he would probably like it here.

I already book a room here at the hotel all I want to do is rest now. I dug my phone in my bag and dialed Ruby's number.

Max would be staying with my younger sister, Ruby, and her husband until I get back. After a few rings, I heard my sister's familiar voice. "Hello?"

"Ruby, it's me. Where's Max?"

"Hold on," Ruby replied on the other line. After a moment I heard the familiar voice of my little boy. "Hello? Mommy?"

My heart melted completely at the angelic voice of my son just hearing his voice ease away all my restlessness from this business trip. How I miss my little boy so much. "How are you...?"

I was talking animatedly to my son when I collided with the solid chest of a man. "Oh! Scusi. Mi dis—"

The apology I was saying stuck in my throat when I met the pair of familiar caramel brown eyes who are staring at me with intensity.

No way!

This was a nightmare. He couldn't be... I started to think silently then my frozen brain remember that my son was still on the line.

"I'll call you later, darling," I mumbled absently. I couldn't look away from his gaze as if he also couldn't believe that I was standing in front of him. "I love you, too," I said before disconnecting the phone call. My hand was trembling when I carefully put back my mobile in my bag.

I blinked praying he would disappear if I do that, but he was far too real for my imagination—he was very much real, standing in front of me. He was towering over me from his six-foot-four height.

"Amy..."

I knew that deep sexy voice who ruthlessly invading my dreams for the past six years.

"Lover, amore?" he asked casually, but there was a cold smile playing on his lips while his eyes were hard and ruthless and all those emotions I'd seen in his face were directed to me. God help anyone who messed with him.

Because no one played him for a fool, all right.

He is Prince Francesco Calvetti.

The Italian prince who broke my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 170 50
Stavros Venieris is one of the most powerful landlords in the town. Although not of noble origin he managed to make the largest fortune in the area...
3.8K 237 12
SAIDA AU Separation happens due to a lot of reasons. Couples often say that they're done, they don't want to work on the relationship anymore, but th...
2.5K 320 21
Alexander's wish to live a simple life away from the burden of the Christos name hits a brick wall when he finds himself between love and an arranged...
40.1M 424K 37
What happens when two are summoned together by a long remembered deal between two enemies to force their alliance in the industry business. Heartbrok...