Holding on to His Promises

By mistymatic

Demi Frances grew up together with Storm Dylan Hunt since they were kids. Being friends with this gifted and... More

HOLDING ON TO HIS PROMISES
Prologue
Chapter 1: Trip to Lolo Max's Hacienda
Chapter 2: The Annoying Christmas Vacation
Chapter 3: Left Together
Chapter 4: First Dance
Chapter 5: Dylan's Influence
Chapter 6: Crush Booth
Chapter 7: Promise
Chapter 8: Find a Way
Chapter 9: Than I'd Ever Thought
Chapter 10: Tricked by a Genius
Chapter 11: It's in their Blood
Chapter 12: Haunted
Chapter 13: Mood Wings
Chapter 14: Out of the Blue
Chapter 15: Stay Together
Chapter 16: More Than That
Chapter 17: Smart Move
Chapter 18: Love with a Reason
Chapter 19: Now Official
Chapter 20 - Our Christmas Eve
Chapter 21: Unfair
Chapter 22: Long Wait
Chapter 23: Through the Night
Chapter 24: Anxious
Chapter 25: Something Eternal
Chapter 26: Argument
Chapter 27: Against the Law
Chapter 28: Right Way
Chapter 29: As Long As I Live
Chapter 30: Wait for the Future
Chapter 31: More than Demi
Chapter 32: Fight this Battle
Chapter 33: I Believe
Chapter 34: Have Mercy on Me
Chapter 36: Someone Else
Chapter 37: Never Ends
Chapter 38: In His Eyes
Chapter 39: The Pain of the Past (The Last Chapter)
Epilogue
Reflection & Writer's Note

Chapter 35: Faith Matters

1K 52 8
By mistymatic

I was woken up in the morning hearing the music player playing a song. I had never woken up in the morning with such peace like this. I love this kind of atmosphere.

"Heal me Oh Lord,
And I will be healed
Save me and I will be saved
Heal me Oh Lord
And I will be healed
For You are the One I praise
You are the One I praise . . ."

My eyes became misty bacause of some tears forming there in so much joy. I felt comfort while hearing that song.

"Thank you, Lord . . ." I whispered while letting my tears fall. I had never said that before. But now, I wanted to say that over and over.

Napatingin ako sa may bandang gilid ko, at nakita ko roon ang pamphlet na binasa ni Mommy para sa akin. Kinuha ko iyon at muling binasa ang kwento ng lalaking isang bulag na pinagaling ni Hesus. It was really amazing. Napangiti ako nang matapos kong basahin iyon.

I tried to sit up, forcing my body to move. The pain was still there but I'm holding on to what Jesus said that my faith has healed me. Sinubukan kong bumaba sa kama, hanggang sa napaluhod ako sa sahig. I moaned when I felt the pain on my back.

"You can do it, Demi," I cheered myself with a fighting spirit.

I crawled, heading to the direction of the window. I endured the pain while I was trying to stand up and reaching for the window. Nang mahawakan ko ang bakal nito, doon ako kumapit at pinilit na tumayo. "Aahh!" I felt my bones reacted. I closed my eyes and relaxed myself. I took a deep breath and then stood up straight by holding on the window as my support. My hands and feet were shivering.

"Demi!" I heard Mom's voice. I turned my head to her who was rushing to come to me. She worriedly held me to support me. "What are you doing?" she asked with fear in her voice.

"I'm trying to walk."

"Hindi mo pa kaya! Halika na!" Niyakap niya ako para pigilan ako. Sinubukan niyang tanggalin ang kamay ko na nakakapit sa bintana pero hindi ako bumitaw.

"Just let me, Mommy," I told her.

"No. Go back to your bed. Baka kung ano pang mangyari sa 'yo."

"No, God already healed me, Mommy," sabi ko, at doon siya napatigil. Kitang kita ko ang pagkunot ng noo niya dahil magkalapit lang ang mga mukha namin. "Last night, I encountered God. I know He healed me," I told her. My eyes began to water again.

Napatitig siya sa akin at tila pinag-aaralan niya ang mga sinasabi ko.

"God is real, Mommy." My voice broke as I broke down in tears, "I'll get well soon!" I blubbered.

Niyakap niya ako. Naramdaman ko ang pagyugyog ng balikat niya dahil sa pag-iyak. "I believe that!" she breathed.

***

Nilapag ni Mommy sa kama ang tray na naglalaman ng plate na may rice at steamed vegetables. Ganito palagi ang inihahain niya sa akin dahil ito ang bilin ng doctor. Kasama rin ang pag-inom ng mga fresh fruit drinks.

She helped me to sit up and lean my back against the headboard; and then she sat beside me. Sinubuan niya ako para pakainin.

"I have a gift for you after this," she said with a smile on her lips.

"Really?" sabi ko bago sinubo ang pagkain na nasa kutsara.

"Yes."

Bahagya lang akong ngumiti. Nang maubos ko ang pagkain ko, lumabas si Mommy. Nang makabalik siya, may dala siyang paper back, at saka niya inabot sa akin. "Here." Kinuha ko iyon at tiningnan ang laman. My lips parted in surprise when I saw that it was a Bible! Nilabas ko iyon at tuwang tuwa na pinagmasdan.

"Wow! Mommy, thank you! I love it!" I told her with so much joy.

"I know, you want that."

"Yes!"

She just smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I love you," she sweetly said and then patted my head.

***

The next days were amazing. Little by little, my faith was getting more stronger by reading the Bible. Pastor Trent visited me and he taught me how to pray. And every morning Mom was helping me to walk on the side of the window as what I did before. I saw my improvements. My feeling was getting better. My healing process wasn't a blink of an eye, but it taught me how to trust God more and to be more patient. My strength renewed and the pain that I'd been dealing with before was gone.

Mommy was combing my hair while we were both sitting on my bed and facing the mirror. We were going to the hospital today for my check-up.

"I'm nervous," Mommy said and took a deep breath.

"It will be fine."

Daddy drove us to the hospital. Some nurses assisted me for the examination. After the long process, we waited for the result.

While we were waiting on the waiting area, I saw an american girl with a bald head like mine sitting on a wheel chair. She was younger than me. I guessed she was 18 years old. She looked pale and gloomy. That was the effect of the chemotherapy. Kasabayan ko ito noon lagi sa pagpapacheck up.

I smiled at her when she looked at me. She smiled back at me, but she later looked away. Kinausap siya ng babaeng nagbabantay sa kanya na sa tingin ko ay ang mama niya, at pagkatapos ay iniwanan siya nito.

I was staring at her because she didn't look fine. After a moment, my eyes widened when her nose bled, and her eyes shut. I alarmed. Ngunit bago ko pa man masabi kay Mommy, dumating na ang bantay nito. Nagsisigaw ito nang makita niyang hindi na gumagalaw ang babae. She already passed away. Napuno ng ingay ang parte ng hospital kung nasaan kami. I felt sadness while looking at them.

"Gano'n ang kinatatakutan ko noon," I heard Mommy said when some men took the dead body of the girl, so the place became quiet. "I always watch you while you are sleeping. Kasi, baka hindi ka na gumising." I could sense fear in her voice.

I just hugged her. "I'll be fine, My."

It took a few minutes before the doctor finally called us. I was a bundle of nerves, but there was a little bit excitement in my heart.

"It's a miracle, Mrs. Frances. You are cancer free now," the doctor announced.

"Oh my God!" Mommy exclaimed with her hands over her mouth, while Daddy was shocked.

My eyes moistened and my lips parted in surprise. Mommy suddenly hugged me with rejoicing. I hugged her back while a sound of laughter escaped from my mouth in happiness.

"Oh, Jesus . . ." I whispered while bursting into tears of joy. You're so faithful, I thought. He fulfilled His words. He healed me, indeed!

Dad also hugged me with tears in his eyes. I hugged them back.

This was the proof that the word of God is no joke. It is not a tale nor a fiction. The word of God is alive and powerful. It can change lives. It can heal lives. Just have faith, and you'll experience the awesome power of God in an unexpected way. If until now you're doubting miracles, you don't really know who God is.

Mommy told the good news to Auntie Rona and Pastor Trent. They went to the house and prayed with us, thanking God for the miracle. I decided to attend the services in the church every Sunday. Pastor Trent was so glad to hear that from me. Yes, I decided to give my life to God as a living sacrifice.

I really cried to God when the evening came. I was alone in my room. I kneeled down on my bed, crying in the goodness and greatness of God. I didn't know how to thank Him, so I just kept saying, "You're so good!"

Ngayon ako napaisip na bakit ngayon lang? Bakit ngayon ko lang nakilala ang Panginoon? At bakit ngayon ko lang naisipan na kilalanin Siya sa buhay ko? Sobra-sobrang kagalakan ang nadarama ko. Hindi ko maipaliwag. Ganito pala kasarap sa pakiramdam ang may Diyos kang inaasahan. Napapawi ang kalungkutan at kapighatian. Punong-puno ka ng pag-asa, dahil alam mong may magagawa Siya. God will do something if you believe that He can do something. Your faith matters.

After I prayed to God, I lay down, still thinking of the goodness of God. But all of a sudden, I remembered Dylan. A smile formed on my lips because I felt excitement. I was so excited to tell Dylan about God. Sigurado akong matutuwa siya.

I was interrupted when I heard the door creak open. It was Mommy, holding a glass of fresh milk. She gave it to me.

"My, alam po ba ninyo kung nasaan ang phone ko?" I asked her.

"Oo, narito sa cabinet mo." Tinungo niya ang cabinet ko, binuksan iyon at kinuha ang cellphone ko roon na halos ilang taon kong hindi nagamit. Inabot niya iyon sa akin.

Sana umaandar pa ito.

I drank my milk straight and then gave the empty glass to Mommy; and she left.

Binaling ko ang tingin ko sa cellphone na hawak ko. I pressed the turn on button. I was relieved when the screen lighted up. Hinintay kong bumukas iyon. Finger print ang password niyon kaya nilapat ko roon ang daliri ko. Bumilis ang pagtibok ng puso ko nang buksan ko na ang wifi nito at ang daming notification ang nasilitawan. I was really excited. Ang tagal na panahon ko ring hindi nasilayan ang mukha ni Storm kahit sa litrato man lang dahil nakatuon ang isip ko sa pagrecover mula sa sakit ko.

I went to twitter, because he was active there before. I searched his username. Mas lalo atang bumilis ang tibok ang puso ko nang makita ko ang profile picture niya. Ngunit napakunot-noo ako dahil 'yun ang profile picture niya noon pa man bago ko siya iniwan. I clicked his profile and checked his tweets. I stopped when I saw the date of his last post. It was 3 years ago.

Storm is now signing off as a YouTuber. Thank you so much for your support and love from the beginning until the end. I love you guys, but I really need to leave this world for the sake of my Christian life. God bless you all!

What does it mean? I thought.

Tiningnan ko ang mga tweets ng fans niya sa Tweets & replies section. He had some stolen pictures there taken by his fans.

It's been years when Storm said goodbye to us. I miss him 💔

It's not easy to move on but we need to respect his decision to leave his career as a YouTuber. He's now a musician in a church guys. He never left his passion, but this time he's doing it for God.

He's now playing in the church guys. You can see him there. He's now a Christian.

I will still follow his journey. I've been his huge fan since then, and I won't stop supporting him. It's not a problem if he's playing now in the church. I love Storm still.

Napatakip ako ng bibig ko dahil sa gulat. I couldn't believe what I read. Storm left his dream. He left fame.

Tiningnan ko ang messages ko, at nakita ko ang mga messages mula sa mga kaibigan ko, pero hinanap ko ang kay Dylan. He had a one message there 4 years ago:

Where are you? And why I can't contact you?

Lumipat ako sa Instagram at tiningnan ang profile niya roon. Nakita ko naman na iba na ang profile picture niya. Kailan lang ang last post niya roon. He was active here. Hindi ko maiwasang mapaluha habang tinitingnan ang mga pictures niya roon. He looked so mature now and was more handsome than before. Tila halos kuha sa church ang mga pictures doon at may mga Bible verses. May mga pictures doon ng isang batang lalaki na sa tingin ko ay tatlong taong gulang pa lang . Tila kinabahan naman ako at bumigat ang pakiramdam ko. No, this can't be his son, I thought. Nakita kong may picture siya doon na may kasamang babae at napapagitnaan nila ang bata na nakasuot ng birthday cap. I read the caption:

Happy birthday to my cutiest nephew, Mark. I love you and will always be here for you.

"Nephew . . ." I breathed with relief in my voice.

I checked the profile of the woman. She was Peachy Hunt, Dylan's cousin on his father's side. Napangiti ako at nawala ang kaba na nararamdaman ko.

I clicked his solo picture. He was smiling while holding an electric guitar. I touched the screen of my phone, touching his face as if I could really touch it.

"I miss you so much . . ." I said while sobbing. My tears were welling on my cheeks nonstop. It almost wet my shirt. "See you soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 529 35
Felicie Tarcelo is a woman who loves to compete. The reason? It's because she believes that she will never lose. Confidence fuels her competitiveness...
5.4K 241 33
FANGIRL SERIES #1: YOU ARE MY STAR by pinkishrose02 Mula nang mabigo sa pag-ibig, isinumpa na ni Rysemaro Cassy Trinidad (23years old) sa isang malak...
4.4K 632 34
Sinagtala Imaree Restito, also known as Sina, grew up without a father by her side. Her father died from an accident even before she was brought into...
1.1K 280 18
PETERBOROUGH ENCOUNTERS [COMPLETED] Regan has Davina's heart ever since they were little. Inseparable as described by people surrounds them. But how...