Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 16:Think Fast
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chapter 26:What Comes Around
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 29:Surprises
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 36:But
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 14:Side Effects

13K 451 569
By mochi729

Two weeks had passed, and it was the day before the stupidest day of the year. The school day had just ended and all of the girls were whispering to one another. Yeonmi looked at them and rolled her eyes.

Felix made his way to her desk and gave her a smile. Yeonmi rolled her eyes at him as well, but in a joking manner.

"Am I walking you to the car again?"He asks.

"No, not today."Yeonmi replies.

"Why?"

"Just because I should be walking with Jaemin and the others. You've been walking with me everytime, rumors are flying around the school."

"Oh, are they?"

Be bold, this is your only chance Yeonmi.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"Yeonmi tells him as she picks up her bag.

Before Felix could say anything Yeonmi kissed him on the cheek then sprinted out of the classroom. She smiled to herself as she ran away. It took her a second to figure out where to go, but she decided to go to Renjun's locker. When she got there she was a smiling mess, and Renjun knew everything.

"Did you do it?"He asked.

"Yeah,"she said excitedly. "I'm making stuff for Valentine's day, so tell Taeyong I'm only going to the store and I'll walk home."

"You're actually doing something for Valentine's day?"Renjun looked at her surprised at the words that had come out of her mouth.

"I think I'm over what happened three years ago. Plus this time it's for more people than just one person."

"Well, Taeyong isn't going to let you walk home. Go walk to the store near the school now and buy the things you need. We'll wait in the car for you, just don't take five years."

"Can you take my backpack?"

Renjun nods his head and Yeonmi takes off her backpack, handing it to him.

"You have your wallet? And you have something right?"

"It's in my pocket."Yeonmi explains before bolting off.

She ran out of the school and went to the store near the school. As much as she hated Valentine's day, this year felt different. Maybe because she actually had brothers she cared about this year, or because she found an escape from a five year prison.

Walking into the store she was greeted by the worker, and she bowed back respectfully. Yeonmi made her way to where all the chocolate was. She picked out a few bars and went to go pay for them. It was the only thing she needed, everything else was at home.

When Yeonmi stepped outside the van had just pulled up. Jaemin opened the door and stepped out for her to get in first. When she went in, and when Jaemin also went, Taeyong zoomed off.

"Hyung, why the rush?"Jeno asked.

"We have a raid to get to. Yuta overheard about a warehouse with drugs and guns. If we acquire all of this we'll be loaded, not to mention we have to pay for more upgrades for the safe house.

Everyone, this means when we get home to change clothes, meet Ten for earpieces and tracking, meet Winwin for weapons, and go to Jaehyun for more information."

"How long are we going to be out?"Yeonmi asked, concerned about the amount of time she had to prepare everything.

"Well the warehouse is in Daejeon, so it'll take two hours at most to get there. When we get there we all have to spread out and scout the area before raiding. We'll be home by 12 the latest if we leave homebase by 5:45."

Yeonmi only sighed and leaned back into her seat. This wasn't her first late night mission, in fact it was her third, but she needed to be at home. With what she needed to make she would need a few hours, and then she would need another hour to do homework.

~~~

They arrived at the warehouse, all 22 of them with some backup at standby. They surrounded the warehouse at a distance, some hiding with others, some hiding alone. Yeonmi was currently hiding behind a crate, trying to block the wind from getting to her.

It was cold and her jacket wasn't enough to keep her warm. She was waiting for Taeyong to give the okay to enter the warehouse. Suddenly, Yeonmi heard footsteps behind her and whipped around with her hand on her gun.

The person put their hands up and walked towards her slowly. She had seen their face before, but only in a picture.

"You're Yeonmi right? It's Xiaojun, please tell me you know who I am so you don't shoot me."

"I've seen a picture of you."Yeonmi says before lowering her hand. "Did you need something?"

"Just thought I could introduce myself."He said with a smile.

Yeonmi smiled back at him, his aura already welcoming to her. Xiaojun made his way next to Yeonmi, hiding behind the crate with her. Even if she tried, Yeonmi couldn't help but stare at him.

His visuals are unreal. He's like a prince.

All she could do was stare, but she quickly turned away when he turned to look at her. He let out a small laugh and it only made her melt even more. Although she was mentally melting, physically Yeonmi was still shaking.

Xiaojun noticed this swiftly. He slipped off his jacket and put it around Yeonmi. Completely shocked Yeonmi tried saying no and tried to give it back, but he only put it back on her; she thanked him before putting it on properly.

He's so sweet. Everyone else would've scolded me for not wearing more layers.

"*In Mandarin The jacket is so big on her, she looks so cute in it."He said under his breath, but it was loud enough for Yeonmi to hear.

"*In Mandarin Thank you."

Xiaojun looked at her in shock.

"*In Mandarin You understood what I said?"

"*In Mandarin I know many languages."

His voice is so soothing.

"Alright, let's move in,"Yeonmi heard Taeyong say through the earpiece.

"Well, I'll see you in there Yeonmi."Xiaojun smiled at her before running straight towards the warehouse.

Yeonmi ran in herself, and as she did she saw everyone else. Taeyong was the first at the door, he quickly opened it and fired three shots before entering. Everyone else filed in after him and killed those who were keeping watch over the supplies.

"Ten, call Minjun to bring the trucks closer to the warehouse, we've got it. Everyone, start grabbing crates and bring them outside."Taeyong instructed.

Everyone followed Taeyong's orders. Yeonmi picked up tinier crates while the others picked up the larger ones. As they were carrying crates out a commotion arose outside.

"Hyung there's more of them!" Jeno shouted just as shots were heard.

The boys began rushing outside, and Yeonmi stood there for a second unsure of what to do. Sure, she had been trained, but it had barely been a month.

"Yeonmi-ah, stay by the door with your knife in hand. If it's someone you don't know stab them. Of course if it's Hendery or Yangyang be cautious; these men are older anyways those two are babies."Xiaojun says to her before rushing outside to help the others.

Too scared to do anything else, Yeonmi stayed by the door staying hidden from the battle. She had her pocket knife in her hand, praying that she didn't have to use it.

"Go inside, protect the supplies!"She heard an unfamiliar voice shout.

Her eyes widened and she backed away from the door, but to her luck someone had entered before she could hide. Adrenaline took over her as the man began to attack. At first he tried to fire his gun, but he had run out of bullets.

The man charged at her with a knife in his hand, but Yeonmi was able to dodge him and stab him in the back. She was shaking with fear as the man fell to the ground, she picked up the knife he held in his hand to hold in her left hand. More men continued to file into the warehouse.

Yeonmi waited for them to charge at her first. She ducked as two men reached her and she took out their legs before stabbing their backs. Her body was on overdrive but it was life or death, and she wasn't dying tonight. They were heavyweights, which gave Yeonmi that advantage of moving around swiftly.

Her hands were covered in blood, and Xiaojun's jacket was getting bloodier by the second. For a minute it was silent, but more men started charging in. Yeonmi kept attacking them as they attacked her, so far she had sustained no injuries. All of that changed when someone had snuck up on her.

They came from behind her, after she had just killed another man. She quickly turned around and had met an arm slashing down on her. Yeonmi quickly put her arm up and a burning sensation had sliced down her hand. Wincing in pain she kicked his legs and knocked him to the ground.

The man grabbed Yeonmi's leg before she could move, and pulled her to the ground next to him. With her quick thinking Yeonmi hand her knife positioned downward, and as he pulled her down gravity did the rest and her knife pierced his chest. She rapidly got up, almost too fast that her head spun for a second.

"Yeonmi!"She heard a voice shout from outside.

Yeonmi looked up, and the men had stopped coming in. Her vision was slightly blurry and she was still shaking. Someone started jogging towards her, she still couldn't see who it was. She blinked a couple of times and she finally saw who was running towards her, it was Jaemin who also was covered in some blood.

The knives fell out of Yeonmi's hands on their own, her body suddenly becoming weak. Jaemin went to her and held her tight, not giving her a second to speak.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you had to do all of that alone. We didn't realize any of them had entered the warehouse."Jaemin whispered into her ear.

Yeonmi couldn't speak or move at the moment, her body had gone numb. Her breathing was irregular and her Jaemin could feel her every heartbeat. Soon enough the other members made their way into the warehouse, surveying the massacre around them.

"Yeonmi, I'll take you back to the van, you're done here."She heard Taeyong say.

"Taeyong, I'll take her back."Xiaojun offers.

Taeyong nods his head, giving his approval. He started to walk towards her as the others began taking crates out. Jaemin let go of Yeonmi and she met Xiaojun half way. The two of them left together.

A pair of eyes followed Xiaojun and Yeonmi as they left the warehouse.

Since when did they get so close?

~~~

They all went home after the successful raid. Many of them began taking a shower, while others waited around to wait for a shower to be open. Yeonmi got lucky and she was able to beat Mark to the bathroom, to her surprise he didn't even argue with her.

After her shower she went to do her homework. She didn't bother to go eat dinner with everyone else, she just wanted to be able to sleep in peace. A knock came at her door, but she was too in thought to pay attention to it.

As long as I finish my homework I'll be okay. I just need to wake up at six to start baking and getting the chocolates done. If everything goes right I'll be able to change at eight then get everything ready before Taeyong drives us to school.

"Yeonmi?"

"Hmm?"She answered without even looking at who entered her room.

"Taeyong wants you to come down and eat dinner."

"Tell him I'm busy doing homework and that I'm on a diet so I'm not going to eat."

She heard the door close and she continued to do her work. A three minutes later her door opened, and again she paid no mind to it. A tray of food was placed next to her homework, it was only then she looked up.

"Eat, I don't care that you're on a diet."Taeyong tells her before patting her head. "If I come to your room and it's still there I won't leave until you eat." He says before leaving.

In the end, she did eat it.

~~~

She tossed and turned in her bed, with cold sweat dripping down her face. It didn't take long before Yeonmi woke up with a scream. The moonlight shined through her room, and she looked down at her hands only for them to be covered in crimson blood. She rushed to the bathroom, turning on the bright lights before turning on the sink.

The lights blinded her for a second, but her movement continued. Her breathing was rapid and tears were falling down her face. She turned the water hotter and hotter, using more and more soap, but the blood still lingered on her hands.

At this point she was numb, nothing had felt real. All her pain was absorbed to tears and sobbing. She heard something, but she couldn't make out the sound.

"Yeonmi-"she heard ever so faintly, but it didn't matter to her.

"Yeonmi!"The voice shouted once more.

It was only a second before she was pulled out of her trance. A hand pulled her hands out of the burning hot water and pulled her close to them. Her hands felt like they were on fire, and her tears kept falling.

A hand held her close while the other caressed her head, stroking her hair in an attempt to calm her down. Everything that had built up was let out now, and there was nothing she could do to stop it. The weight came crashing down and she dropped; the person caught her and slowly went to the ground with her.

"It was only a nightmare. It was only a nightmare, it's not real."The voice repeated to her.

In a minute Yeonmi was picked up and carried back to her room. They laid her back down onto her bed and sat down next to her. They used their hand and caressed the side of her face to calm her down.

It didn't take long for Yeonmi to fall back asleep, or for the person that took care of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
2.9M 127K 84
➥ Mafia/Gang au ➥ "I could shoot you dead right here- don't try it."
53.5K 2.4K 59
❝ fuck me like you hate me. ❞ ( 🍯 ) in which lee jeno is 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗰 and somehow manages to catch the eyes...
20.7K 603 45
♡ school romance "Please don't treat me like an outsider to your life..." "You treated me like one before. Why can't I do the same to you?" ❗ TW! abu...