How To Steal A Heart

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any upda... More

Driveway
Air mattress
Shopping cart
Reunion
Step one
Home alone with you
Group date
William
Hide and seek
Hike
Basorexia
Paint twister
Too close
Memories
Ryan
Aggravating
Bad influence
First date
Chasing
Blamed
Charlie
Movie marathon
This summer
Moving out
Pool day
Miami
Exhausted and upset
Cut short
Love?
Regret
Break it
Laundry disaster
Grounded?
Alone
You've got to be fucking kidding
Secret
Eve
A/N
I love you
Epilogue

Step two

12.9K 383 352
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter eight: Step two (Jacob's POV)

"We shouldn't, there's a difference," I gave her a pointed look. 

"No, we couldn't. We couldn't do that to Julia," she huffed. 

Why is it about Julia? I don't even understand why that matters. If we were to like each other, isn't that all that should matter? That is if we like each other which we currently don't. Great. 

"We don't like each other. Why are we talking about this anyway?" she asked in confusion. 

"I don't know," I shrugged before sighing and leaning back. 

I want her to like me but I don't like her. What kind of logic is that? 

It's not hard to catch feelings for someone like her, it'll become a problem if I do but she doesn't. So I'll wait until she does. Step two, Jacob. 

"We should get back inside," she stood up slowly. I followed her and as we were walking up the steps, she tripped, almost falling. 

I managed to catch her but I think she hurt her foot. "Are you okay?" I asked in concern. 

She looked down at her broken flip flop. "Stupid flip flop," she mumbled before taking it off and holding it in her hand. 

"Will you be okay?" I asked while opening the door for her. 

"I'll walk it out," she shrugged. She let go of my arm that she grabbed onto before going up to her room with my help up the stairs and coming back with a different pair on. After a while, she was walking fine again. We were all just lounging around in the living room and talking. 

"Jacob, come here!" Julia called out from the kitchen. After that day when I went into her room, we talked everything out. She had every right to be mad after what I did but I'm glad we're past it now. "I see you've been hanging out a lot more with Maddie," she wriggled her eyebrows at me teasingly. 

I just shook my head with a small smile tugging at my lips. 

"Do you like her?" she asked, completely serious. 

"No," I shook my head with uncertainty. 

"Why'd you call her beautiful?" she smirked at me. 

Did she tell her? 

"We tell each other everything, dude," she laughed while making herself hot chocolate. "Do you like her?" she asked again. 

"I don't know," I sighed in defeat. "I know she won't like me," I shrugged. 

"Why not?" she questioned in confusion. 

"Because. Would you be okay if she did?" I gave her a pointed look. 

She opened her mouth to answer but froze and began thinking about it. She closed her mouth and sighed, "I don't know," she mumbled. 

"Exactly why," I said. "It's whatever, she doesn't see it happening anyway," I waved my hand dismissively. 

"Come on, Jacob. You've won girls over before. Step two," she nudged me. 

"She's different Julia. She's important to all of us. I can't mess around with her," I shook my head while running my hand through my hair. 

"Good," she sighed, "Because no offense, but I don't see it working," she said while grabbing her cup and going to sit with everyone else. 

That was bitchy and unnecessary. 

I simply rolled my eyes joining them there. I was about to leave the kitchen but I saw Mads standing up and heading over so I stayed, making myself a cup of coffee as an excuse. "Hey," I smiled at her while she grabbed a mug and poured hot water into it after placing a teabag in it. 

"Hey," she smiled back. 

"Mads," I leaned against the counter and she turned to me curiously. "Would it matter what she wanted if you really liked me?" I asked. 

She didn't answer and continued making her tea. Once she was done, she left the spoon in the sink and turned to me. 

"If I really liked you? No, it wouldn't," she answered before going and joining everyone again. 

So I do have hope

Okay Madison, step two. Flattery gets you places. I smiled to myself while going and sitting with everyone. We all stayed up pretty late, hanging out, talking, watching videos, the girls took some pictures and then we all dispersed into our rooms. 

"Jacob-" I turned around and faced her door where she stood looking at me. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Nothing. Night," she smiled. 

"Night," I replied before going into my room while she went into hers, both of us closing our doors. 

~~~~~ 

I woke up to a loud knocking on my door. I glanced at the time of my phone while getting up and opening it. It wasn't locked anyway. "What?" I asked while rubbing my eyes, my voice was hoarse from just waking up. It was Nick and he looked scared. 

"Do you know where Madison is?" he asked in a panic. 

"What do you mean? She's sleeping," I answered. 

"No, she isn't. I heard her on the phone with someone and when I went to check on her after a while, she wasn't there," he explained. 

"Have you checked the house?" I asked. 

"Everywhere," he huffed. 

Where the hell did she go? Where could she be? 

I sighed when it hit me. The park. She went to the park. She seemed upset and bothered about something and whenever she is, she goes to the park. "I think I know where she goes, I'll go get her," I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs. 

"I'll come," he said eagerly. 

"Don't," Riley held him back. "Let Jacob go. She might not wanna be around people right now." He hesitantly agreed and I sped to Fruitridge Park. 

It was closed but we both knew a way around the entrance. I used to meet her there before I left for New York. I parked my car a little further than I had to because I'm not allowed to be here at this hour and I ran to the entrance, jumping over the fence and there she was, sitting on a bench under the roofed sitting area. 

She had her head in her hands and she was just staring at the ground. I ran over to her, a little out of breath by the time I got there. She jumped, getting startled before standing up and letting out a breath when she realized it was just me. "You scared me," she sighed while sitting back down. 

"I scared you? You scared everyone else! What the hell are you doing here?" I asked while sitting on the bench opposite to hers. 

"I just needed a minute," she shrugged. 

"Did you walk here?" I asked and she nodded. "Madison, are you alright?" I sighed. 

"I'm fine," she lied. 

"Yeah, that's why you ran here without telling anyone," I said sarcastically. 

"It's stupid," she said. I waited for her to continue. "I'm just missing people. My parents aren't here, not gonna be for my birthday either, my brother's a little occupied with his girlfriend, as usual, I had Julia but I don't wanna steal her time with Noah so I just..." she trailed off. 

"Need someone to talk to?" I asked. 

She nodded slightly before standing up while taking a deep breath. "Can we go home?" she asked. 

"Do you want to?" I asked. 

"I think we should," she nodded. 

"That's not what I asked," I huffed. 

"Yeah," she sniffed, "I kind of want my blanket now," she wiped her tear-stained cheeks before leading the way out. I walked beside her in a comfortable silence until we got to my car. I stood there awkwardly, not unlocking the car. "What?" she asked. 

I gave in, "A hug?" I offered. 

She chuckled before wrapping her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her waist. She felt alone when she wasn't and she didn't deserve to. She's not wrong though. Her parents aren't here, her brother's here yet somehow he isn't, Julia's slipping away. 

Maybe flattery isn't the way to go. I know it works and it'll work with her too but maybe not right now. Maybe right now being there is what she needs, it'll help as a bonus anyway. 

"Thank you," she inhaled while pulling away. 

"Anytime," I replied. 

After that, I drove us home and we stepped inside to Nick still awake and waiting on the couch. "Oh, my god, Maddie. Where were you?" he sighed while hugging her. 

"The park," she mumbled sleepily. 

He let out a chuckle before going up to his room with Mads and I following. 

I walked her to her bed but before she lay down, she turned to face me. Her hands clenched and unclenched into fists before she nervously stood on her toes and held my face, pressing a kiss to my cheek. 

"Bye," she looked down while tucking her hair behind her ear shyly. 

I think that's where it hit me. 

That's where I felt it first. 

I liked her. 

"Bye," I smiled before walking out and into my room. I fell on my bed with a sigh. 

I'm going to ask you out, Madison Coleman. And I'll bet you thousands, that you will say yes. 

You'll say yes.

.

.

.

.

.

And that's chapter eight babies <3

What do you think Madison's feeling? 

What will Jacob do?

Please vote and comment <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 57.1K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
15.1M 302K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
397K 10.3K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
319K 3.8K 40
𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄- A stubborn grumpy girl, who lost mother when she was just a kid. Soon she finds out she has to move from Australia to America...