REPLACEMENT | JIKOOK |COMPLET...

By ggukieminie

An Au in which Park Jimin had to replace his deceased twin brother as father (who gave birth) to the daughter... More

SOON
1. You're my Dada
2. Just Comrades
3. Never Leave You Again
5. Raven Grimoire
6. No way
7.1. About Last Night part 1
7.2. About Last Night part 2
8. A glimpse of Kissing Him
9. Yeol-set and Vixen
10. Dare You To Know
11. Dead Man tells No Tales
12. Introducing Sarang to Him
12.1
13. We Meet Again
14. Save Me
15. Try me
16. Too Good To Be True
17. Jeonlous
18. Kisses To Make Up
19. First Date
20. Home
21. Living With The Jeons
22. The plan
23. Family Day
24. The triggering factor
25. Big Suspicion
26. The fourteenth member (?)
27. šŸ”žBirthday TreatšŸ”ž
28. The Not So Happy Birthday part 1
29. The Not So Happy Birthday part 2
30. Till We Meet Again (RIP Mr. Park)
31. After a Storm comes a Calm
32. Dazed and Confused part 1
33. Dazed and Confused part 2
34. Jihyun and Jimin
35. šŸ”žLosing itšŸ”ž
36. Busted
37. Turn of events
38. Go back
39. To Reach Out
40. Way Too Good At Goodbyes
41. I'm Home
42. Signs and Symptoms
43. Positive: Happy but with Unsettling Thoughts
44. The Trial
45. The Truth
46. Fulfilling a Promise
47. The Lull Before the Storm
48. Missing
49. Violence is Beneath Me
APPRECIATION
50. Comeuppance
51. Freed
52. Start Anew
53. Love or Obssession
54. Not Over Unless I tell You
55. Leo's death and A new case
56. The Heir
57. A bond That Never Breaks
58. Fated
59. It's a Yes
Shameless Promotion
60. Tie the Knot (the end)
300k
A/N
A/N (2)
Update
61. Five years after

4. Take Responsibility of What You Said

14.3K 776 245
By ggukieminie

" Dada, why are you not touching your food? " Sarang looks up at Jimin, who seems bothered.

Jimin blinks, realizing the fact that he was indeed spacing out. He was thinking of the situation he has put himself into. How the hell did he end up inside the house of the prosecutor and now eating breakfast with the latter and his daughter? He can't find the right word for it.

He looks at Sarang, who is looking back at him. Those innocent and pure eyes are fixated on him, he can't look away without feeling a tinge of guilt. He maybe numb and rude, but he is still human. He sometimes softens for few  people, Sarang is one of them.

" Jimin, you are making Sarang worried of you. What are you doing? " Jungkook chimed in as he takes a sip of his coffee. He is giving the blonde man a warning look, that he should behave infront of his daughter.

Jimin spat a low tsk. He was there for Sarang, can't bring himself now to think of the prosecutor. " I am going to eat later. You should eat first. " He tries to feed Sarang but the latter shakes her head.

" Dada, you should eat too. Appa said that you are going to accompany me later for School. " What? Jimin was shock to learn such from Sarang. He has no idea about it. The prosecutor didn't tell, neither did they talk about this.

" That's right. Your dada will bring you to your school starting today. " Jungkook agreed, voice is clear enough to catch Jimin's attention.

Sarang joyfully claps her hands while jumping on his chair and Jungkook can't help it but to smile at the scene. But Jimin wasn't feeling it. " I didn't say that. Nor did I agree to any of these. " He asserts a strong denial. He's aware of his own mistake of telling them that he won't leave them again. He reacted on the spur of moment. He did, now he's regretting it but somehow he isn't planning to fulfill thesame. He can't waste his time to babysit a kid, though he grows to adore. Besides the fact that she's not his own child, his sick father needs his attention more.

Sarang looks at him, teary eyed. In her head, she thinks Jimin is rejecting her. Not wanting her to be his child. Jungkook saw the sadness on her face. He clenches his fist, jaw tightens as his chest aches. He doesn't like what he sees. He shoots a glare at the blonde man, who is at thesame time looking at his direction. Seems like he has something to say to Jungkook too. " Jimin, do you not hear yourself? If you didn't want any of this then you shouldn't have told us those. You made Sarang hope for it. " Jungkook grumbles, making sure his voice is low enough so that his daughter can't hear whatever he says. He also leans his body on the table in a position that he doesn't look like he was attacking Jimin.

Jimin sighs. " I know I said those and was sorry if it made Sarang hope for something I can't give. " He explains. Lately, he's been explaining himself to others. Jimin doesn't bow to anyone, nothing but rude and someone who doesn't care about others. People find it  difficult to connect with him and most of the time, they just ignore him like he doesn't exist at all.

Jungkook stood up. The harshness of his movement causes the creaking sound of his chair that was pushed away. " Sarang, baby finish your meal. " He told her daughter, trying to sound gentle as he suppresses his fumes against Jimin.

" Okay Appa. " Sarang agrees, unaware of the tension right now. She even speaks with Jimin next. " Dada, come on. Feed me more. " She opens her mouth, motioning Jimin to give her food.

" No. Sarang, you will eat on your own. " Jungkook stops her. Sarang looks up to his father as she can't believe what she heard. She was about to protest but Jungkook speaks again. " You're a big girl now. You eat while I am going to speak with Ji-- your dada. " Jungkook was fast enough to change his choice of words. He is just being careful around his daughter.

When Sarang finally agreed without asking anymore, Jungkook didn't waste more time. " Follow me. " He told Jimin. Without protesting, Jimin followed him quietly to the place where Jungkook thinks Sarang will not follow after them. They went outside, at least one meter away from the door.

" What are you saying that you can't give it to Sarang? " Jungkook didn't even let themselves rest a bit, he immediately confronts the blonde man.

" I have no time for this kind of  arrangement. I've got important thing to do that demands more of my time and attention. " Jimin was again explaining. He is starting to get sick of it. This is so not him.

" I know that you're an asshole. But somehow I gave you the benefit of the doubt after you said those words. For a moment, I thought you've changed. That finally, you care for Sarang. But hearing you right now, I could tell that you got worse than before. At least last time, you left her without saying anything. Unlike today, you are willing to give up Sarang for this one thing, because it is important to you. " Jungkook is beyond disappointed. He lost the last straw of respect he has for the blonde man. " If that one is important like you blatantly said, then what is Sarang to you?! "

Jimin didn't speak not because he doesn't feel answering but because he was taken aback. Yeah, what is Sarang to me? Why I care? It's true, she's my niece. But she's the daughter of my brother who happens to be the person I hate and I doubt if I can forgive him ever.

" What? Can't even say it? Was it too hard to say that she's important to you? Oh- Let me guess, she's not, was it? " Jungkook snorts. Jimin didn't yet speak. He was looking at Jungkook with a blank face. That only infuriates Jungkook. His anger is consuming him, totally losing his ability to think. " For pete's sake Park Jimin, she's your daughter! Even if she was only the result of you being horny at that time, she's yours! What kind of father are you?! After abandoning your child, you have no remorse at all! This day, you want to do it again, huh?! I'm not letting you this time, so you better get your act together and start acting like a good father to Sarang! " Jungkook lashed out, breathing is unsteady.

" Are you done? " Jimin snapped while  Jungkook frowns at the question. The prosecutor was gasping for air, talking makes his mouth dry and tires him. " For a man, you sure talked too much. Much that I didn't get it all. " Jimin shrugged his shoulders, taking the situation lightly.

" You're just pretending to not hear everything. And if you did, you are not trying enough to decipher it. "

Jimin lets out a fake hum. " Hm. You're not as bad as you seemed to me during our first encounter. " He scoffs.

" How can you treat this as some kind of a joke? Don't you see how serious I am? This is about Sarang's sake, I don't play around. " He glares at the blonde man who decided to laugh at his poor attempt to shake him. Who was he kidding, Jimin mentally comments.

" Who said I'm joking? " Jimin counters.

Jungkook snorts. " Then why can't you stop laughing? " And he scoffs while narrowing his eyes on the blonde man.

" Because you're funny? " Jimin shrugged, but Jungkook only rolls his eyes at the remark. " But why the sudden change prosecutor Jeon? I thought you don't like me touching your daughter as you shoved me away yesterday- would you look at that, here you are sounding too desperate to make me stay. " He tilts his head to the side. " I'm telling you, it takes more than a mere scolding to get in me. "

" What is that supposed to mean? "

Jimin throws his arms on his chest, crossing them together. " To simply put it, I have no plans to babysit your daughter so I'm saying No to you. "

Jungkook grunts, despised the way Jimin said it casually. " You make it sounds like she is not your daughter. Unfortunately, She is! " Jungkook gave him a pointed look. " I don't care about your reasons or possibly excuse. Take responsibility of what you said. You take care of her for as long as she needs you, and never leave her side. "

Jimin looks up to the Prosecutor. " I will take responsibility of my words. But not with yours too. I never said I am going to live with you both in as much as dropping her to the school. And it's not my problem if she believed what you told her. You caused it. You take care of that. It was my mistake to swear but don't add things to what I said making me responsible to it. " He points out.

Jungkook grits his teeth, scowling. " Mistake?! How can you say that?! If what you said was a mistake, what are you doing here then? You shouldn't be here. If you haven't appeared today, Sarang wouldn't have gotten the idea of you coming back to make things right. You came to us on your own accord. I didn't even share you our address. " Jimin was speechless. He himself is confused as to why he's here stuck with the Jeons. He doesn't want to admit it but Jungkook has a point. Jimin personally went to this house after asking people around the exact address. What alibi should he give now? He got none. " I'm not forcing you to be with her all the time. Just spare time for her, that's the least you could do to make up those years she longed for your presence. "

Jimin is working his ass off to raise money. He barely had the time to visit his father in the institution the latter is temporarily staying for his treatment. No time to rest too. To take care of Sarang now is suicidal. It's like he got a gun, pointed it to his forehead and pulls the trigger himself. He can't do it. He can't give up one for the sake of taking care of the little girl, risking his father's condition on the process.

" I will not do it. " Jungkook clenches his hand into a tight fist. Jimin is making him furious for being stubborn yet. " My father needs me. I will take care of him, don't have time for somebody else. "

" That somebody else is your daughter! " Jungkook huffs but Jimin's gaze not wavering. " If you want to make up an excuse, do it properly. As far as I remember Park Jimin, your father is already dead. In fact, you don't have a family now. "

Jimin realized something. So Jihyun did that. He told that father is already dead and that he was alone eversince. And he used my name while he is lying to everyone. I wonder what show he has put up. How everyone sees him. That bastard has been living his life like he wished to have while we were left at our small town and me working my ass crazily to have something to eat.

He made it appear that we are dead so no one will suspect who he was. Pretending to be somebody else, so that if he ever dirtied my name he can just go back to being himself and I, Park Jimin, will clean his mess.

Tsk.

" If you don't believe it, there's only so much I can do. " Even when Jimin didn't try to elaborate it, Jungkook understood it that the extent Jimin is willing to give was to spit his reason, it's up for Jungkook to believe it or not.

They are in that situation that their eyes locked, when Sarang comes into the frame. " I'm ready for school. " She exclaimed. Her eyes are delighted. Something that Jungkook haven't seen while they lived together. Surprisingly, he smiles at the sight, forgetting about the tension.

Jimin steps away from Jungkook. " Dada, where are you going? I thought you are going to drop me to school. " Sarang panicked after noticing that Jimin turns his back, starting to leave. Jimin thought that the longer he stays, the harder to stay away. " Dada? " Sarang desperately calls Jimin again.

Jimin glances back, the little girl was staring up to him, all innocent eyes fixated to Jimin. He sighs, what am I going to do with this kid? He asks himself while mentally humming. I can't just give in, everytime she looks at me with these eyes.

This is dangerous and he needs to shield himself against it.

Sarang slowly makes his way to Jimin, not wasting a time to hug Jimin tightly. "  Dada, please don't leave us again. You promised that you won't. " She begged. 

Shit. Not with this scene again!, Jimin mentally irks. He shifted his body to create space but Sarang didn't let him, pressing her body more. If Jimin wants to, he can easily free himself from the hug but he has to hurt the little girl to do that. " Tsk. Cool, let's do it. " Jimin recited in a sing song manner, like he is not giving a fvck anymore. Sarang smiles at the statement, confidently unwrapping his arms on Jimin as she holds his hand instead.

" Thanks. " He heard the prosecutor mumbles to him after he bids his goodbye to his daughter in which Jimin  merely nods to acknowledge it. " Take care of my Sarang, please. " Jungkook added, he fully entrusts his daughter to Jimin.

When they are already inside the bus, Jimin immediately called Taehyung. " Tae, I'll be late today. Please tell it to the manager. "

" Hello to you too. " Tae scoffs as Jimin immediately told him his purpose of calling without him greeting Taehyung first. " And why is that? It's barely two days when you started working, you already getting late? "

" Tae, I'm not asking your opinion. That's the least thing I want to hear right now. Just tell it to the manager. Bye. " Jimin was about to end the call but Taehyung yells loudly.

" Wait! " Jimin winced at the shout, forcing him to push the phone away from his ear. " Why? Where are you right now? You tell me every details Park Jimin! "

" Tsk. Will you calm down. " Jimin mutters. This is what irks him whenever he tells something to Taehyung. The boy just panics, doesn't stop yelling until Jimin explains about his situation.

" Why are coming here late?! Did you get yourself into trouble while on your way?! Tell me about it. Did they hurt you? Who are they?! Are you in a hospital? Tell me! "

" Tae, stop. I'm fine. "

" You're lying. Give me the address of the hospital. I'm coming right now. " He demanded, as he collects his thing to get ready, didn't mind that he was working at the moment. He will leave it behind for Jimin.

" Tss. Go ahead. You go chase the bus. "

" Okay. Get it. Wait- what bus? Wasn't it supposed to be ambulance or something or taxicab at least? Why a bus? " Taehyung asks innocently as he imagines Jimin was unconsciously lying there blooded, forgetting the fact that if Jimin was unconscious he wouldn't be calling him right now.

" Stupid. " Jimin mutters under his breath.

" Excuse me?! It's never stupid to ask. It's not my problem if you can't appreciate my care, I will care for you anyway. And you can't do anything about it than to deal with it. "

" You're embarassing yourself, seriously. " Taehyung merely pouted at the remark. " I'm fine. I'm on my way to bring Sarang to her School. After this, I'll report for work. "

" You should have told me that earlier!  You just want to act too cool, leaving it a suspense so I will ask you! Playing hero,  amp! " Taehyung nags, yelling loudly as if he swallowed a whole megaphone. Just imagine someone with a deep voice nagging at you. It's like a lion growling at you. " But wait, you mentioned about Sarang? Can you give her the phone, I want to talk with her shortly, please? " His voice went from a yell to soft.

Jimin put the phone in a loudspeaker mode. " Go on, speak. "

Taehyung clears his throat, unaware that everyone behind the line can hear him. " Hello baby girl. " He greeted, very warm, suits Taehyung personality so well.

Sarang eyes widened as she didn't expect it. " Uncle pretty boy? "

Jimin furrows as he heard a giggle from Taehyung. What the fvck is that?! " Yep. It's me. Your one and only uncle, Kim Taehyung, a.k.a the prettiest boy who loves you. Hihihi. " Jimin changes the phone to its normal mode to personally respond to Taehyung. And so as not to make the conversation more strange as they caught everyone's attention to them now.

" What the hell are you teaching on her Taehyung? Stop with your gayshit! " Jimin shouted, he is disappointed to say the least.

" What's wrong with that? You're gay, and his father too. I'm sure she's aware of that fact already. " Taehyung argues, feigning innocence to the accusation.

" Doesn't mean you have to corrupt the child! " Jimin mutters lowly, preventing others to hear it especially Sarang who are watching him as she blinks her big round eyes .

" Eh? Did I hear it right? Park Jimin is getting the I-should-act as a good father feeling right now? " Taehyung didn't hide the tease in his voice. " Finally starting to care for Jihyun's daughter huh? " Even when he wasn't looking at Taehyung right now, he could tell the smug on his face with his brows wiggling at him. " Or maybe feelings for the prosecutor? "

" Tsk. You know I don't give a shit about any of that. " Jimin didn't falter, Taehyung knew Jimin the most but he can't stop teasing him now.

" I have a feeling that something in you have changed a little, you are becoming ge- "

Jimin cut him off before he even finish his sentence. " You don't want to go there, if I were you. " Tae chuckles. The lack of the mention of his name indicates that Jimin is losing his patience. And Taehyung is still on his right mind to even dare to step out of the line.

Taehyung knew almost all of Jimin secrets. And none of those was given to him through initiative, he forced Jimin to say it to him. He doesn't stop yelling until Jimin will speak. His bestfriend is very secretive and acts very cool, that is not okay with Taehyung. He needs to know because if worse comes to worst, he can protect Jimin(not physically cause he knows that Jimin is good with that) but through his connection.

" Okay. I'll stop, you're no fu- *toot* " Jimin hang up the phone with a tsk. Just a minute after, he received a text.

From: Taelien

Yah, why did you hung up the phone?! I didn't even finish my punch line!!!  Okay calm down Taehyung. *Breathe some air* Okay, I'm okay now. You hoe, better take care of yourself. I know you would jump into trouble when given the chance, just please be careful. Love u.

This bitch doesn't know when to stop.

From: Jiminie

Just say what you're told.

Taehyung was so excited to check the reply only to read something that makes his jaw dropped. " That's fvcking sweet, you know that? Come on just say I love you too pretty Taehyung and I want it with a heart. " He texted again but only received a middle finger emoji as a response, causing him to laugh loudly.

" tsk. " Jimin hissed as he returns his phone to his pocket.

" Dada, did you fight with uncle Tae? Why did you end the call so soon? " Sarang innocently asks as she took his hand again.

" He's working at the moment. " Jimin replied, helping Sarang to take her outside the bus.

" I want to meet Uncle Tae again, dada. Can I do that? " Sarang happily follows  Jimin while the latter is dragging her through their hands that clasping together.

" Yes. You can do that later. " Jimin replied, wasn't bothered that Sarang is swaying their hands while walking the hallway.

" Dada, are you going to stay with us for good? "

" No. I will take care of you temporarily and once in a while only. " Jimin casually answers as he sees no point for lying.

Sarang stops. " How long Dada? " She asks.

Jimin was forced to stop too, to look at the little girl. There he saw her looking up to him with a sad face.

Tsk. Great Park Jimin, you just have to spoil her happy day.

" For as long as I can and until then, I want you to be strong. Do you understand that Sarang? " That even when Sarang doesn't get it, she nods cutely. " Good girl. " Jimin smiles. " Let's continue walking, we're not that far from the gate. "

Jimin accompanied Sarang only up to the gate, parents are not allowed to enter inside anymore. But then he forgot to give her bag so Sarang went outside, the guards aren't aware when she did that. No one saw her sneaking out the gate.

Jimin isn't aware too. He was already gone the moment he saw Sarang completely entered the gate, with the mindset that she had no chance of leaving the campus  without a parent or guardian picking her up. 

Sarang was running in the hallway, already gone too far away from the gate, hoping to still find Jimin. She forgot to take her bag, which was slung against Jimin's shoulder.

She was busy looking at people faces that she fails to take notice of the one crossing the road. Cosequently, they bumped together, both were thrown away. The other one is bigger and older than her by two years, and a boy.

Sarang wasn't hurt as she stood up to ask the boy who remains on his spot looking up to her with a wide eyes, so shooked of the incident. " I'm sorry. Are you okay? " She speaks with the boy in her sweet and soft voice. But then the boy suddenly cries. " Please, don't cry. I didn't mean to bump you. " Sarang panics, hesitating to go near the boy.

" I'm going to report you to my brother and his gang. " Said the boy who stood up, scaring Sarang a little, then storms away.

" Wait.. " Sarang runs after the boy who lead her to the wild pack of thugs waiting to toy their next victim. " Wait.. I didn't mean to- " Sarang stops following the boy as she notices that she's at the dead end and blind alley. It's creepy out there, but those awaiting her are creepier.

" Hyung, she pushed me. Look at my knees. " The boy he was following, exclaimed calling the attention of a group of men.

" What? Who? " One of the men stood up properly to meet the boy, having a short glimpse at Sarang who was looking at them, scared to get closer. Even attempted to step away but the others were fast enough to stop her, blocking the only way for her to escape.

" Going anywhere missy? "

" P-lease don't h-urt me mis-ter. " Sarang lips tremble as she finally took a clear look at the people who are with her. They wear a lot of piercing, they reeked that of mixed smell of alcohol and cigarettes. Their eyes' color were red and they didn't seem to walk straight, all looking busted. Some keep on falling over while laughing like crazy. They got tools on their hands, knives and thick metal pipe.

" Oh no no.. We want to play a game. You aware with the You run and I chase you game? The hide and seek? That when I found you, I'll have to beat you. " Sarang is so confused, how does a six year old kid understand this kind of stuff. The thugs are so high right now, they just want the fun, mindless of who the victim was.

" I'm sorry mister, I don't understand. Please just let me leave. " Sarang was already crying, fear is slowly eating her consciousness. She is scared.

The sight merely causes the sinister laugh from the pack. Struggling, Sarang run but someone jumped on her and a loud yelp echoes the dark alley.

" Tsk. "

By that time, Sarang was stuck in the dark alley, Jungkook received a call from the Principal informing him that Sarang is missing. He had a scheduled Pre Trial in one hour, a very important case. He has been working this case for months, gathering evidence to prosecute the accused. If he was to abandon this now, the case will be dismissed for want of prosecution. If he will proceed with the hearing, Sarang will be endangered.

----

Sorry this chapter is somehow boring. Look forward to the next one. Hehe. I'll update soon.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 13.6K 86
"I have expectations! And no one except Agust D can fulfil them". "Jimin, Agust D is a fucking celebrity! He doesn't even know you exist and you are...
106K 6.1K 110
When the emotionless man who is cold as ice couldn't sit still after accidentally bumped into an innocent fluff ball and just couldn't stop thinking...
28.1K 2.5K 19
As an abondoned child , Jimin didn't have much choice but agree with the marriage, arranged by his father and step mother to a mysterious business ty...
521K 11.1K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.