Rizzoli & Isles: Do-Over

By KarnnaSmith

What if Rizzoli never had a miscarriage? More

Chapter One: Birth Part 1
Chapter Two: Birth Part 2
Chapter Three: Day 1
Chapter Four: Preparing
Chapter Five: Baby Shopping
Chapter Six: The Night Before
Chapter Seven: First Day of Kindergarten
Chapter Eight: The Bullet
Chapter Nine: The Zoo
Chapter Ten: Another Day
Chapter Eleven: Guess Who?
Chapter Twelve: Welcome Home
Chapter Thirteen: Like Old Times
Chapter Fourteen: Home
Chapter Fifteen: The Beach
Chapter Seventeen: Hangover
Chapter Eighteen: Back to School
Chapter Nineteen: Falling
Chapter Twenty: The Family Picnic
Chapter Twenty-One: Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Two: Sick
Chapter Twenty-Three: Sick Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Four: Sick Part 3
Chapter Twenty-Five: Sick Part 4
Chapter Twenty-Six: Jane's Secret
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Happy Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Morning After
Chapter Thirty: Morning Sickness
Chapter Thirty-One: The Carnival
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Carnival Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Three: Hands Off
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Proposal
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Return Home
Chapter Thirty-Six: Surprise!
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Baby?
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Cravings
Chapter Forty: Breakfast
Chapter Forty-One: Gender Reveal
Chapter Forty-Two: Baby Planning
Chapter Forty-Three: Back To Work
Chapter Forty-Four: The Final

Chapter Sixteen: A Party

276 4 0
By KarnnaSmith

Jane Rizzoli

This year the Boston Police Department Homicide, Drug Squad, and Medical Examiners were all having their party together in the large conference room at the Police Station. Stanley and Ma were catering. Only Ma was excited to be invited. Stanley was just going to set out the food and alcohol then he was going to leave.

Three hours until the party starts. I talked Casey into going with me.
Maura was going to go to the party with Jeb, a colleague who also worked in Washington D.C. He was in town to give a speech at a medical seminar.

I looked at myself once again in my full length mirror and smiled. My hair was in a low bun with loose curls and I was wearing a pink pastel crisscross, open back dress with a high split which showed a bit too much skin for my liking, but Maura somehow persuaded me to buy it. Besides, it looked good on me. I paired it with my brand new iridescent, glitter block heels which matches the dress perfectly. I opted against any jewelry not wanting to overdo it.

"You look so pretty, mommy!" Isa came forward and hugged me.

I turned away from the mirror to face her and she gasped at the sight, smiling brightly.

"You've been spending too much time with your dad," I muttered. Isa giggled as I sat her in front of the vanity mirror and hugged her. "Thanks baby."

Isa leaned back into my touch as I brushed and began to braid her hair before bed. When I finished I placed a kiss on top of her head and put the comb down beside me on the vanity. "Now come on. It's bedtime."

I gently wrapped my arms around Isa to pull her in an embrace.

Isa giggled quietly and allowed me to settle her on my hip. "Can we does one more story, Mommy?"

Entering her bedroom, I pursed my lips and pretended to think about that for a second before I smiled and put Isa back on the floor. "Of course. Go pick one."

"I wants the story of Peter Pan," she said softly.

I lifted Isa up so she could reach the book on the bookshelf, allowing her to grab the book herself. "Thanks, Mommy." The girl smiled politely as she headed to bed, climbing up on it and waited for me to sit next to her.

I sat beside her, relaxing Isa in my arms. She lowered her bear and absentmindedly fumbled with my fingers on her stomach as she focused back on the fairytale. Not even halfway through the book, Isa finally fell into a restless sleep after being snuggled into my chest where she rested against soft, warm skin.

I walked back into my room and turned around when I heard the bathroom door open. He stood shirtless, moving his gaze over my whole body.

Feeling my cheeks heat up, I turned to leave the room but he takes my wrist and twirls me around wanting to get the full effect of my attire for tonight.

"Casey stop it. You're making feel self conscious."

"Not a chance," he whispered, pinning me against the wall with my hands above my head. I looked up at him and he looked down at my lips then back up at my eyes. "You have no idea how beautiful you are,"he whispers in my ear making my heart beat faster.

I lowered my head feeling an overwhelming shyness hitting me. "I mean it."

He leans towards me and bites my lip making me unintentionally moan. He smirked and moves his hands to my waist pulling me closer towards him. "I want you,"he whispers in my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

"No," I say turning my face away from Casey, "We have a party to attend to, remember?"

He hesitated, then frowns and moves away from me, nodding. He slipped on his top and buttons it up then puts his tie on and blazer over it. "We got plenty of time."

I bit my lip as I racked my eyes over him. "How about a glass of wine?"

He took a hold of my hand and nodded, leading me out of the bedroom, downstairs, and inside the kitchen.

I went for the refrigerator and brushed by Casey feeling the familiar electric sparks as we touched. "Sorry, I can hardly walk in these heels."

Casey smirked. "Maybe you should take them off until we get ready to go.

"Good idea." I proceeded to slip off the shoes.

"Oh, Tommy called and—" He paused.

"And?" I looked up and caught the guy enjoying a generous glimpse of my breasts as I was bent over in front of him taking off my other heel.

"Casey!" I quickly straightened up.

Casey still staring tries to recover by finishing, "Um.. ah... He has a late meeting but will be here shortly."

My brother had planned to watch Isa while Casey and I go to the dinner party. Luckily, we still had about an hour and so to spare before we had to leave.

Casey leaned in and slowly kissed my neck. "Sorry but like I said before you are tantalizingly beautiful tonight Jane."

I took a sip of the alcoholic beverage and looked away, blushing big time. I covered my visage with my hands to hide away my burning cheeks.

He quickly reached out to me and  lowered my hands, noticing my invisible redden cheeks. Casey couldn't keep himself in check any longer.

My hand brushed over his. "I just want wine tonight, baby."

He frowned. Much to his annoyance, Casey didn't even notice my tease.

"Baby, I'm yours." I murmured still dazed from the tingles I felt through my body.

He chuckled. "Now was that so hard?"

"Oh hush." I stuck my tongue out.

He then lifts me up on the cold, hard counter as his hands ventured over my curved body, exploring. He leaned in, softly kissing up and down my neck as I let out little whimpers of anticipation. He works his way back to my tender, smooth lips.

"Jane" he whispered slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them.

I smiled as my heart fluttered at his voice. I clasped my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful, I thought, as I leaned in for seconds...

_________

The party was in full swing the music thumping softly as Casey and I arrived . We stopped at the doorway to the conference/party room and surveyed the crowd . We could see them but we had yet to be noticed.

I looked around the room and laughed, "My mother really went all out on the decorations."

Casey laughed looking at the overly gaudy decorations. "Angela never seems to do anything half way, does she?"

"Nope, not my Ma." Casey and I laughed.

Still not moving from the doorway, we enjoyed our anonymity for a little while longer.

A look of surprise on my face as Casey leaned in and kissed me. Feeling his incredibly soft lips, I couldn't help myself from deepening the kiss by putting my hands on his neck and pulled him closer. We were getting lost in the kiss. Casey traced my lower lip with his tongue. I parted mine and allowed his access. The feel of each other tongues connecting made us both softly gasp.

From behind us came the loud sound of a throat being cleared. Casey and I broke apart and turned to see Maura in a gold, sparkly low cut short dress. Her breast were out and proud, standing next to Jeb who couldn't take his eyes off of them.

"Jane?!" Maura's jaw dropped, taking in the full look. "You look absolutely stunning!"

"Maura you've already seen me in this dress."

"But not the entire getup!"she squealed, getting in between Casey and I. "Smile!"

The flash from Jeb's phone near done blinded the two of us as Maura sneaked over to view the image. "Definitely a keeper."

Together, we enter into the party and found our way to the bar. With our shots of Tequila in hand Maura and I smiled at each other as we clink our glasses together and down the shot. The men just shook their heads at us women and took a drink from their beers. Quite frankly I had lost count of how much alcohol beverages I had drunk.

Casey suggested that I eat something. "It is not wise to be drunk on an empty stomach."

"I'm not hungry."

"Well I am," Maura smiled and stood up. "Jeb come with me to the food table. I'm starving."

"It was nice meeting the both of you." Jeb wrapped his arm around Maura's waist, using his free one to shake Casey's as he smiles at me.

Maura started to go with Jeb but looked back to me. "We'll meet up later, okay?"

I was drinking my second shot as I nodded a 'yes' to Maura. Casey chuckled and said, "We'll catch up with you guys later. That is if I can pry the tequila away from Jane."

I gave Casey an evil look while I picked up the next one. Now determined to drink as much tequila as I possibly could just because he made the comment.

"C'mon Jane your Mother is waving for us to come over." Casey set my glass down and waved off my next order to the bartender. He then grabbed ahold of my hand, leading me in the direction to my mother.

Apparently, both Korsak and Frost had already beat us there.

Ma seeing them approaching her, "Vince, Barry you both look so handsome tonight." Both Detectives were wearing brand new suits.

They both puffed out their chest a little at her compliment. "Angela you are looking very beautiful tonight yourself."

Ma was wearing a multi colored shiny dress that sparkled like a disco ball under the lights above the food tables.

"Thank you gentlemen." She twirled around to show off her dress to the Detectives.

Korsak smiled. " Is Jane here yet?"

"Right behind you." The three turned heads as Casey and I approached.

"Janie! You look so gorgeous," Ma cooed over me as she pulled me into her arms. Nearly squeezing all life from out of me.

"You can close your mouth, Frost." Korsak teased which earned him a glare from Frost but he just laughed.

Frost didn't say anything but stared at me until Casey coughed, clearly a fake one. He blinked repeatedly as if he was finally out of some spell.

"Well Angela I think I need a drink I'll talk to you later." Frost nodded and nearly dragged Korsak over to the bar to get some drinks.

"Well you two are missing something," Ma reached behind her on the table and picked up two party hats and put them on my and Casey's head. His hat was metallic purple with gold streamers, pretty simple compared to the monstrosity sitting on top of my head. It was huge and had a peacock looking bird with rainbow colored streamers flowing out every side of it. "Janie I saved that for you. There was only two that came with the package we ordered. Don't you just love it?"

Lucky me.

Casey burst out laughing.

"Not funny!" I was completely embarrassed. What the hell was Ma thinking.

"Even with the hat you still look stunning tonight," he said softly. I rolled my eyes in reply as he took my hand in his.

We both turned around, fighting back laughter as Maura and Jeb approached wearing their hats as well.

"I can't believe Ma is making you wear the same hideous hat as mine."

"I didn't think it was so bad until I saw it on you." Maura laughed, straightening the hat on my head.

"Sorry Doc but it's not looking too hot on your head either." I smacked the beak of the peacock on Maura's hat and we both laughed. "I think these hats call for a shot, what do you think?"

"Definitely!"

The guys followed close behind as Maura and I started our walk towards the bar. When we got there the thundering round of laughter from Korsak, Frost, and Frankie was loudly heard.

Frankie circled Maura and I. " Good God! Did you two lose a bet or what?"

"Alright alright enough. You are standing between me and the bar. If you don't want to end up like these birds I suggest you move."

Frankie raised his hands and gave up, stepping out of our way. Korsak grinned and Frost muffled a laugh as we approached them at the bar. I looked at the two, "Go ahead and get it out of your system."

"Jane I always knew you were a proud woman. But I didn't know you were as proud as a peacock." Everyone starts laughing. Frost high five Korsak.

"Asshole."

"Maura are those hats your next autopsies?" Everyone laughs but Maura who clearly didn't understand the joke. "I do not perform autopsies on birds...I"

I stopped Maura from talking by shaking my head at her. "Maura it was a joke."

Maura still not getting it laughed and went along with it.

"I'm going to bathroom excuse me everyone. Order me another shot, please." Casey nodded allowing me to go through.

I smiled as Maura walked with me to the bathroom. Entering, I looked up and got a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

"Oh God, Maura what was Ma thinking when she ordered these hats?"

Maura shook her head. "I don't know but we're the only two worthy enough to get these hats to wear. Did Angela tell you these were the—"

"Only two in the whole package and she saved them just for us," Maura and I said in unison and laughed.

"Aren't we the lucky pair."

We eventually exited out of the bathroom holding our hats in our hands and made way back to our dates.

The party was steadily growing. Everyone was telling stories, laughing and catching up on everyone's personal lives. Which pretty much was non existent when we're chasing murderers every other day.

Casey and Jeb were at the bar in the middle of a conversation when I walked up to him.

Casey opened his arms and I fell into them. My head fell and rested in defeat on top of Casey's shoulder. He took his hand and placed it on my chin, lifting my head so that we were looking into each other eyes. We held each other tightly not wanting the moment to end.

The bartender came back and handed over my drink. I reached forward to pick up the glass filled with iced water. I raised an eyebrow, catching another glimpse at the man who smiled back down at me.

I forged a subtle smile and grabbed Casey's beer and with him watching, I took my tongue and circled the top of his beer bottle.

Casey's eye watched hungrily before he took ahold of my hand. "Time to go, Jane."

I rolled my eyes and began to walk away. "Party pooper."

The music played on and the guests filled the center of the room.

"Then dance with me." He swung me around.

I protested. "I don't want too."

"Who's the party pooper now?" He smirked.

"Still you," I retorted.

"I know you want to dance with me. Your body language says it all."

I gave him a sigh and allowed Casey to lead me a few feet toward the dance floor where there was several feet of open space.

Casey brought our connected hands up toward his chest, resting them between us and wrapped his other around my waist while I brought my other arm around his neck, pulling us even closer.

He slowly lead me in circles, pulling me even closer with each step. I looked up at the man in his arms and couldn't help but grin when I saw that Casey was gazing back at me as if I was the only person in the room.

Before I could fully register what was happening, we both began to close the distance between us and I felt my heartbeat go wild when I finally felt Casey's lips on my own. It didn't last more than a few seconds, but it felt like hours.

Casey pulled back, grin still in place, still looking me square in the eye. In a quick burst of insane courage, he kissed me again, quicker this time, but still with every bit of love and passion.

"I love you, Jane."

I smiled back at him, capturing his lips once more before resting my head on Casey's shoulder, lightly kissing his neck before whispering in his ear, "I love you too. So much."

I rested my head against Casey's chest, listening to his heartbeat. Casey leaned down and placed a small kiss to the top of my head and released my hand, bringing his own down to clasp together at the small of my back as I placed my hands behind his neck.

Midnight was approaching as Casey and I subtly escaped the party unnoticed. We shared laughs walking out hand in hand.

Tommy greeted us as we made our way inside. Thanking him for babysitting, Tommy said his good nights and shut the door behind him.

We were a complete mess. A second hasn't gone by since Tommy left. But we just couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. As we took each step, our clothes went away looking back I saw our shoes, and clothes on the floor. We settled in the living room and went at it.

He rolls down the straps of my dress as he plants love bites all over my collarbone. I bit my lip. Loving the way his lips felt on my skin.

"Bedroom," I murmured still dazed from the tingles I felt through my body.

He then tackles me down on the couch  along with him.

"I've got a better idea."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 149 17
So this story is mostly about Meredith and Derek and if there was never a shooting. Would Mer still be pregnant or would she still have had a miscarr...
32.1K 499 16
what it seemed in the media that alessia russo was none other than a single pringle , but what if that is not true and that she had a whole secret li...
5.7K 293 29
Do you ever wonder what if would be like if that one thing never happened? What it would be like if that ONE THING turned out differently? Well, now...
6.8K 136 6
What if? What if events before Robert's Rebellion and the end of the Targaryen line occurred differently? What if Lyanna Stark did have some feelings...