Love, War, and Best Friends (...

By KingPerseus160

Percy is betrayed by who he thought was the love of his life. He leaves camp to complete a quest from Chiron... More

A New Quest
New Information
Sortings and Meetings
Complete Domination
Secrets Behind Closed Doors
Revelations
A Little Skirmish
Recovery
Getting Use to Things Again
A New Class? A New Club?
The Return
New Experiences
A Little Brawl
The Plans
The Betrayal
Attacks
High Risks and Consequences
Captured - Multiple Times
Back to Hogwarts
The Battles
The Final Battle
The End
~Author Note~
A New Story

Meeting the New Girlfriend

7.1K 116 77
By KingPerseus160

Annabeth

I woke up on a good night's rest and got out of bed ready for today. I looked around my cabin to only see a few blonde haired kids still lying in their beds. It was currently almost the end of December. I choose to stay at camp year round to help the new demigods adjust to life here since I have been here practically all my life.

I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I changed into a fresh set of clothes, the usual orange Camp Half Blood shirt and blue jeans. Looking at the time it was 45 minutes before breakfast would start. Time to wake my half siblings up as cabin counselor should.

"Everyone wake up! Don't want to be late for breakfast now!" I shouted loud and clear, waking all of them up. I watched as half of them got up and went to the bathroom while the other half were acting as if they were dead.

"Five more minutes pleaaase Annabeth." I slurred a drowsy voice. I looked over my left to see Nick, the youngest child of Athena at a tender age of 8. He reminds me of when I first came here.

I smiled and walked over to his bunk kneeling to his level, "I'm sorry Nick but you have to get up and get ready for the day."

"OK fine." replied the son of Athena.

Within half an hour, everyone was ready to go to the pavilion for breakfast. They all lined up behind up as we walked out of the Athena Cabin. It was a beautiful day as if it were still the summer. Thank the gods for letting the camp controlling the weather so it wouldn't be bad weather. As we walked we walked by the Poseidon cabin. It has been four months since he left and hasn't turned up anywhere. The cabin hasn't been occupied since that day. Where have you gone Percy? I've constantly asked Chiron to let me have a quest to look for him, but he always says that Percy is fine. Sighing I let my mind wonder on other things, trying not to think about Percy because all I can think about is when he left.

As we got to the pavilion, I saw other cabins filling into their respective tables. I caught a quick glance of Nico talking to Will, Jason and Piper holding hands, and Leo with Calypso. Leo had come back a month and half after Percy left. He came in on Festus scaring a bunch of the new campers. At first I didn't like Calypso but we grew to become good friends. Hazel and Frank were back at Camp Jupiter since Frank was now praetor. The gods however had put there portals that can instantly let you travel to the other camp.

Chiron stomped his hooves' and the talking quieted down, all heads turning to him. Clearing his throat, "As you know today is Friday so we will be having our Capture the Flag game. - a bunch of cheers went off - Keep to your regular schedule and enjoy breakfast and the rest of your day."

As the dryads brought us our food, we went and sacrificed a portion of our food to the gods, "For you mom." I murmured.

I quickly went back to the Athen Table and started eating, stopping in between and talking to my siblings whenever I was interested in what they were talking about. I started to space out from their conversations, thinking about some plans for the upcoming game of capture the flag.

After breakfast, the Athena cabin had sword training, we had it with Nico since they were the only ones from their cabins. The new teacher was Jason, sometimes it would be Nico though. Jason was good with his gladius respectively, but Percy was still better.

"Hey Annabeth." said a certain son of Hades materializing next to me causing some yelps from my siblings.

"Nico don't do that!" I shouted a bit annoyed from his scaring me.

"You should have saw your face." he said with a smile on his lips.

I scoffed and continued walking towards the arena. When we got there, Jason was already practicing against some new automations that the Hephaestus cabin had made. They were better for than the plain dummies. They were good for beginners, but its good to have something that actually can fight back. Everyone watched as Jason sidestepped the automations sword and cut its head off. He barrel rolled out of the way of a spear that impaled the ground where he was standing. Jason quickly recovered and shot lightning at it, completely frying it.

"C'mon blondie, stop showing off." taunted Nico as Jason finished off the last automation.

"Then why don't you come over here and show me what you got." replied the son of Jupiter.

Nico smirked and held out his hand. The shadows materialized into his Stygian sword that I have seen many times.

"Yea fight!" Jessica shouted enthusiastically from the stands. The rest of our siblings nodded and shouted their approvals. They wanted to see one of the seven and another demigod who was practically part of the seven spar.

"Ready to lose zombie boy?" questioned the boy with electric blue eyes.

"I should be asking you that." said Nico.

"Annabeth will you do the honors?" asked Jason.

I nodded," First to be disarmed loses. Ready... fight!"

Both Nico and Jason charged at each other. Nico feinted at Jason's right but, Jason saw this and went for Nico's left. With a less than a second to spare, Nico readjusted and blocked Jason's gladius. Swords locked, Jason decided to put some electricity into his sword shocking Nico.

"Hey!" shouted Nico.

"What's wrong Neeks? No one said anything about not using powers." Jason responded innocently.

"One, don't call me that and two, if you want to play like that then let's go." The ground started to shake as it opened between the two of them. About 15 skeletons climbed out of the ground in full armor and weapons.

"Only 15? I was hoping for a bit more." Jason said with a bit of cockiness.

Nico walked up to the mass of skeletons and went into the middle of the group. Then something happened that I have never seen him do before. All of the skeletons turned into Nico. Now standing there were 16 exactly looking the same Nicos. I couldn't tell which one was the real one because they had mixed themselves up. Jason looked at the group warily now as they surrounded him.

"What happen Jason? Worried that you don't know which one I am?" asked all the Nicos at the same time.

"Nope. I'm worried for you because I still don't think this is fair for you." joked Jason.

Pulling out my Yankee's baseball cap and drake bone sword (AN: its drake bone right?), I put on the hat and walked down to the arena.

By the time I got down from the stands, there was a little tornado surrounding Jason and only two Nicos left. Jason had some cuts all over him. His shirt was all cut up with sweat on his forehead. I walked towards them completely unknown to them under my invisibility.

Jason sent his tornado randomly at one of the Nicos and charged the other one. The tornado hit the Nico and sent him flying back. Jason quickly attacked the other one and noticed that this one was slower than what Nico could do. He stabbed his gladius into the shoulder of that Nico and its arm broke off, the Nico faded and revealed a skeleton. The son of Jupiter finished off the skeleton and turned to see Nico getting up.

Jason smirked, "Guess your little plan didn't work Neeks."

The son of Hades shrugged and charged at Jason. I analyzed as Jason got into a defensive stance while Nico was getting closer. Seeing an opportunity, I ran towards the two. I got there just in time as their swords were going to clash, I swung my sword in a diagonal angle and twisted my wrist. Both of their swords flew out of their hands, and I smiled at my work.

"Huh?"

"What just hap-"

I took off my hat and revealed myself standing there triumphantly. "Looks like I win boys." I turned to my siblings to see their surprised faces.

"Always remember to expect the unexpected. Out there, there may always be more enemies than there seems." I explained.

"What did you do that for Annabeth?! I was about to beat him!" shouted Nico.

"Oh please Nico, you were the one who was about to lose." defended Jason.

"Anyways, everyone come down here and get a sword that is balanced for you. We have wasted enough time already." I said.

"Um, yea. Today we are going to start off with practicing your stance." ordered Jason.

~~Line Break~~

The rest of sword training went by quickly. Now we had some free time to do whatever before I have to teach my siblings about Greek mythology. Currently we were sitting or in the grass by the lake. The sun was shining on the lake making a beautiful scenery. I was told by Thalia that she crashed Apollo's chariot in here after I got captured by Thorn. I would not want to be in that chariot when that happened. I wonder what it looked like when it happened.

Deciding it was a good time to start the lessons I called everyone in, "All right everyone gather around." It took a few moments before everyone created a half circle around me.

"Since I'm feeling nice today, I'll let you all talk to each other and tell me what you would like to learn today." I explained.

My siblings started to talk amongst themselves before turning their attention back towards me and Tommy said, "Can you teach us about the minotaur? Also we were wondering if you could show us the horn that Percy Jackson ripped off from it."

I stared at him in shock. Out of all there is in Greek Mythology, they have to ask about that monster specifically and bring up Percy.

He looked at me nervously, "I m-mean if that's ok with you Annabeth."

I shook myself out of my stupor, "Um no it's fine, but may I ask why the minotaur?"

"We have heard the stories about Percy and we want to know about the first monster he fought." replied Tommy.

"Well the first monster Percy actually fought was Alecto and I'll have to go ask Chiron if I can go get the horn. You're in charge Tommy, just don't get into trouble. I'll be right back." I said.

The last thing I saw before I walked away was Tommy nodding. Hearing about the horn brought back all the memories from when I first met Percy. I try not to think about him whenever I pass by his cabin, but I don't know why the horn is bring back all these memories. Gods wherever you are Percy, I miss you.

As I walked by some campers in the strawberry fields, I overheard them talk about these two new demigods. Apparently one was male and the other was female. The weirdest thing I heard was that they looked like they were almost in their late teens. If so they should've have been claimed and came to camp a lot earlier than now. There is no way they could be Roman because we constantly update each other about new campers or anything else that happens. The last time they got a new camper was about a month ago and it was a 10 year old son of Ceres.

Whatever, I thought, more campers here means they are safe from being attacked and killed out in the world.

I arrived in the front of the Big House five minutes later and I saw the front door on the porch open. I'm just going to ask Chiron really quickly so I don't get in his way on explaining about being demigods.

Walking into the house I heard a some voices talking Deciding to announce myself and just do what I came here for, "Chiron I nee-"

I stopped dead tracks and stared at a certain green eyed son of Poseidon.

"Annabeth." he said. The curly brown haired girl next to him eyes flashed murderously briefly before going back to normal. I wonder what that was for.

"Uh Annabeth what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your cabin and doing a lesson?" questioned Chiron.

"Y-yea, they wanted to know if they could see Percy's minotaur horn so I decided if I could ask you if I can get it." I finished with a quick glance at Percy and the mysterious girl.

"That is up to Percy's decision now that he is back." replied the centaur.

"Um uh er yea I guess so?" said the son of Poseidon awkwardly.

"Listen Percy, I know it's been a long time since we had our uh um fight. I wanted to say I was sorry for overreacting and all. I was wondering if you would forgive me and maybe things can go back to what they were before." I said feeling a weight lift from my shoulders.

The brown haired girl, whose name i yet to know looked at Percy with slight worry. I looked at her up and down and figured she was about my height and looked really intelligent. On closer inspection I noticed a necklace around her neck that looked exactly the same as the one Percy had. I couldn't make out what it said on the necklaces since they were a bit away from me. Percy still had his camp necklace on too however.

I looked at Percy and he was just looking at me, his face unreadable even for me. After a few moments of standing in awkward silence Percy opened his mouth.

"Annabeth, I think in time we could become friends again, but I don't think we could date again." he said.

At that my hope flew out the window. Why wouldn't he want to be back to get together. Does it have something to do with this girl?

"B-but why?" I said my voice hoarse, throat dry.

The brown haired girl finally decided to speak for the first time since I got here, "Annabeth right? Listen a lot has happened in these past four months and I know what happened between you and Percy. You had a chance and you blew it."

She had an accent, and English one? What is someone from Britain doing here?

"I don't who you think you are coming in here and talking to me like this, but you better watch yourself. Why don't you go back to Britain?" I said through gritted teeth, my temper rising rapidly. Who does she think she is?

"First of all the name is Hermione Granger. Second of all I can be here because I'm Percy's girlfriend." said the girl now known as Hermione confidently.

I stared at her in shock. Four months and he has already moved on?

"Why don-"

"Ok, Annabeth. I think it's time you go back to your cabin mates and I don't think Percy will let you have the horn anymore." ordered Chiron.

Just then Jessica came into the room we were in. Everyone looked at her and I could tell she felt how thick the tension was that she could cut it with her sword.

"What are you doing here Jessica?" asked Chiron completely confused.

"Oh uh um Tommy sent me to go see what was taking Annabeth so long..." she trailed off nervously.

"I was just leaving, c'mon Jessica." I ordered my half sister.

I stormed out of the Big House with Jessica hot on my heels. She quickly caught up to me and asked, "Who were those people Annabeth? And why are you so mad? Also, what about the horn?"

I slowed down and looked at her, "The boy you just saw was Percy Jackson and the girl is his 'NEW' girlfriend.... As for the horn we aren't getting it anymore."

"Oh."

We walked in an awkward silence back to the lake and the rest of our siblings. Nick was the first one to see us and he pointed at us. When we got closer, Tommy asked me, "What happened Annabeth?"

"Nothing we aren't doing Greek Mythology today. Just stay around here for the rest of the time before we go for lunch." I murmured not in the mood for talking.

I sat down looking at the lake, hugging my knees. I could hear my siblings asking Jessica what happened and her telling them what she knew. I could hear them get excited to meet the legendary Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon. I didn't care though, I was furious. I stopped listening to their conversation until I heard them talking about being nervous about the possibility of having to face the son of Poseidon. Then I realized, if I was on the same team as that Hermione girl, I could place her in a spot where I know for sure she will get beaten at, or maybe even sneak up on her myself. If she was on the other team, I would make sure to go after her. Plans started forming in my mind.

I must have got to lost in thinking about plans that I didn't hear my siblings calling my name. They only got my attention when Chris came up and shook my shoulder. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"It's time for lunch."

"Oh ok." I said getting up and dusting off my jeans.

We walked to the pavilion and sat the Athena table. I didn't see Percy, Chiron, or even Hermione anywhere. I could tell everyone else were wondering where Chiron was, he was always the first person here.

After a few moments, Chiron came in, "Sorry for my tardiness children. I will tell you why I was late in just a moment. Although once I announce this person's name, you will already know why."

"I would like to introduce back a camper that some of you may now. Others just heard the tales I have or some of the older campers have told. I would like to welcome back after four months, Percy Jackson. He has also brought someone with him, Hermione Granger." Chiron said in a clear voice.

At hearing Percy's name, I saw Jason, Nico, Piper, Leo, Calypso, Rachel, Clarisse, Katie, Travis, and Connor all perk up and look around. Two figures walked into the pavilion and all them got up and ran over to Percy. They all tackled him into a hug while Hermione just stood there awkwardly. I heard a few 'Where were you?', 'Don't disappear without saying anything!', etc. The campers who had never met Percy were staring at Percy in awe as if he was a god, in which case was close.

"Everyone settle down, you can ask Percy questions after lunch. For now return back to your tables." Chiron ordered.

Everyone went back to their respective tables, however Percy walked past the Poseidon table and went to sit with Chiron along with Hermione. Why wasn't Percy sitting at the Poseidon table and isn't Hermione suppose to be sitting at whichever table her godly parent was.

Lunch started a few minutes later with everyone going to sacrifice some of their food. I noticed Hermione didn't come up to the brazier and give some of her food. I looked at her suspiciously, I'm sure she knows that she has to sacrifice some of her food even if she doesn't know who her godly parent is. Maybe she wasn't a demigod and just a clear sighted mortal. I have to find out somehow.

~~Line Break~~

The rest of the day went by quickly because all I wanted to do was to find out who team I would be on during capture the flag. Either way, I was going after Hermione for revenge. That dumb Brit talking back. (AN: No offense to any of you if you are British)

All the campers gathered around the Chiron. The only source of light was the moonlight and some of the torches around us.

"Alright everybody listen up! You know the rules, no maiming or killing. Magical items are also allowed." said Chiron.

Everyone just nodded, eager to play the game.

"Now for the two teams, on Red Team we will have..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 13.7K 27
After Gaea and Voldemort's defeat, various demigods enrol at Hogwarts. They befriend Harry Potter, fail homework assignments, and train the wizards t...
15.3K 259 20
When Minerva McGonagall gets into contact with her old mentor, the Immortal Trainer of Heroes, Chiron, to oversee the healing of her students in the...
61.1K 1.1K 32
'I see your broken self reflected in my eyes and feel my heart clench in pain as if I were the one so hurt.' Harry Potter x Percy Jackson crossover
4.1K 149 56
At first glance, Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon, the Hero of Olympus, survivor of Tartarus, the defeater of Monsters; but deep within his roots...