Curiosity Killed The Wolf • A...

By lost_arteest

Amane Yugi and Nene Yugi's five-year-old son Kyurei Yugi may be just a bit too curious. A series of one-shot... More

How Did You Meet?
How Are Babies Made?
A Rival?
Thank You!! (& more!!!)
What Happens When You Eat Watermelon Seeds?!
Accepting Requests!!! (and fanart time!!)
Are My Siblings Here Yet?
I got fanart?!
Are We Really Getting a Hamster?
Hey! It has been a while!

Why Don't They Understand?

940 42 52
By lost_arteest

violet13m: can you make a chapter about kyu and the twins playing, and kyu is trying to communicate with them but they won't listen, so kyu gets mad and asks why they don't understand

Let's hope this is to your liking!

At first, the twins were a quiet duo; they didn't often cry or scream. It wasn't until their older brother decided to play with them that the real fits would happen and not just from the babies.

Kyurei was a hyper and exuberant child by nature so mixing him up with his otherwise meek and shy younger brothers didn't exactly go as planned. The older boy had started off being behaved and using the baby toys that were constantly strewn around the living room (that got on the parents' nerves quite a bit especially when tripping over them or stepping on them) to amuse himself and his brothers. But, like most young children, he got bored and wanted to do something more "grown up".

Soccer was grown up to him, so he went to fetch the soccer ball from outside. Just as the adventurous child was about to punt the ball to Tsuki who was calmly sitting on the carpeted floor and teething on a stuffy, he was scooped into Nene's arms.

"Kyu, what do you think you're doing?" The woman asked in a warning tone all the while bouncing her oldest son in her arms.

Kyurei whined and squirmed to get down. "I'm playing with Hoshi and Tsuki, mommy."

"My little wolf, for one, you know you're not allowed to play ball inside," she explained, setting him down. He just gave a huff as if to say he didn't care. "And two, Hoshi and Tsuki are too young to play soccer."

"But playing soccer is super fun!" Another attempt, this time at a throw in to Hoshi. Nene snatched the ball out of his little hands and tossed it outside.

Nene gave a gentle smile, though she was quickly losing her patience. "I'm sure they'll love to play soccer just as much as you do, just in a few more years. Now go outside to play."

The brunette had an idea. "How about the pool!"

That was harmless enough. She agreed and went to set up the blue kiddie pool in the backyard.

The twins were gently sat into the basin of low water and a few water toys were thrown in. Kyu flew out of the house in his little star-patterned swim trunks, floaties on his arms. He had a bag filled with little figurines of superheroes. Three figurines were fished out of the bag, and one was given to each twin.

"Let's play superheroes!" he announced happily. "Hoshi, you get to be the sidekick! Tsuki, you are the villain! And I obviously get to be the strongest superhero of all!"

Hoshi, curious, started chewing on the plastic toy that was handed to him much to Kyu's dismay.

"No, Hoshi! Don't eat my dolls!" As he stopped one twin, the other followed suit and chewed on his toy.

"Not you too, Tsuki!" This was getting frustrating for the kid. He had been looking forward to playing with his brothers since the moment he heard he was going to be an older brother, but this was not at all what he expected.

No matter how many times Kyu explained to them what they were playing the other two just blinked back at him. His frustration was reaching a breaking point; he just wanted to play and have fun! Why didn't they want to have fun with him? He wrenched the toys out of the babies' hands and threw them back into his bag. The twins started to tear up and wail, missing their new chew things.

Nene had been trying to continue her manuscript and watch the children at the same time, but she wouldn't get any work done at this rate.

"Momma! Hoshi and Tsuki aren't listening to me!!" The tyke had marched out of the kiddie pool fuming.

"Listen, sweetie, I can't do much about that," the busy mother explained, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Stomping his foot, he yelled, "why not!"

"Kyurei, they can't understand yet."

"Why don't they understand?"

"Because they're only ten months old. They aren't at the stage of understanding all that much." And she went back to working, grumbling under her breath.

Kyu gathered his toy bag and went inside where he found the home phone and dialed the phone number written on a sticky note under the name 'Aoi'. The phone rang a few times, Kyu waiting patiently with his arms crossed. If his siblings weren't gonna play with him and his mother wasn't going to pay attraction either, he would have to find someone else.

Someone picked up. "Hello?" A man's deep and stern voice flowed through the line.

"Hi, Uncle Akane! This is Kyurei, can I talk to Mura, please?" Kyu pleaded.

Akane wasn't going to let this pass without knowing what was going on. He was still quite bitter about the birthday incident. "Kyurei Yugi, why do you need to talk to my daughter? Anything you tell her I can know as well."

The now seven-year-old sighed and rushed an explanation (most of which sounded like gibberish) of the situation.

"So can she come over?"

Burping her youngest, Aoi was listening in on the call and gave her husband a face that told him that he needed to stop being a helicopter parent. Murasaki was also staring up at her father with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

"Fine, fine. She'll be there in around thirty minutes," he gave in, speaking through the line.

Kyu was overjoyed when he saw the Aoi family car...until he came face to face with Reiji. Or face to chest is more like it.

"Why are you here?" the younger questioned aggressively. Both boys folded their arms and growled. All the excitement Kyurei had for his friend's appearance dissipated, only left with hostility.

"You interrupted my playdate!" Which was the truth. Reiji and Murasaki had been playing a game of Candy Land with the other Aoi children when the call came through. Hearing her best friend's name leave her father's lips, the purplette had quickly abandoned the game and begged for the phone. Though the other children were fine with continuing the game without her, Reiji wasn't. The squirt crashed my date!

The tension was so thick it could be cut with a butter knife. To make matters worse, Nene had come back inside after getting the twins out of the pool and was very surprised to see the two other kids and her friend. She wasn't pleased that her oldest son had called over company without asking but she would deal with that later.

Murasaki huffed, pushing the boys away from each other and walking straight between them, her attitude brightening at the sight of the babies.

She bopped Hoshi's nose, cooing sweetly. The baby wrapped his tiny hand around Mura's pointer as the girl asked her best friend why she was called over, causing her to squeal affectionately.

"Yeah, my little wolf, what made you think you could call over some friends without asking?" The ashen blond woman reprimanded.

"Because! I wanted to play with someone who can actually play soccer and not ruin my action figures!" His agitated yell didn't sit well with his brothers and they began to wail. "Ugh! They're so annoying!! I hate them!!" In the spur of the moment, the awful words left the temperamental child's mouth. Nene gasped handing Hoshi over to Mura and Tsuki to Akane, grabbed Kyu's arm and dragged him into his bedroom.

Kyurei was frightened. He had never seen his mother so furious before, her normally gentle demeanor gone. Sure, he did do a lot of naughty things, he's a kid, and his parents did scold him however never like this.

"Kyurei, please tell me you didn't mean what you said." Her voice was steady but her eyes told a different story.

The brunette huffed, pretending he wasn't worried about what would happen if he said one wrong word. "Of course I mean it! Hoshi and Tsuki do nothing other than cry and chew things! I have no one to play with!"

"This isn't about having someone to play with! I thought that you were excited to have siblings! How could you say such awful things about your brothers?" That was the breaking point. Both mother and son burst into tears.

In a watery babble, the child screamed, "what about me, mommy! What about me! Even before they were born you and daddy were busy with work with only few exceptions and the only time I ever had anyone who was willing to play with me was when I was with Mura. Now you're even busier with Tsuki and Hoshi. They don't want to play with me, they want to steal my parents!"

Nene's heart broke and she kneeled in front of him, wrapping her arms around the shaking kid. "Sweetie..." she didn't know how to respond. "We never meant for you to feel like we didn't want to spend time with you. Distractions happen, life happens. Hoshi and Tsuki aren't stealing us, I swear. Since they are younger than you, they need more help because they aren't big boys yet like you."

The shaking didn't stop nor did the sniffles. The mother continued, "I love you, my little wolf. And I guarantee that when the twins are just a bit older they will play the same games you do. Me and your father are going to do all we can to spend time with you, just like the old times with star gazing and bedtime stories."

The ruby eyed child lent out his small pinky. "P-Promise?"

"Promise!" Nene smiled warmly, gladly sealing the deal and wiping away his crocodile tears.

They sat on the floor of Kyu's bedroom, the soft, pale blue carpet under them. The child's breathing slowed to normal in his mother's lap as they rocked back and forth. She left soft kisses on his little head while he played with her teal tipped curls.

"I'm sorry, momma." It came out as a soft, barely audible sound that broke through the thick silence.

"I know," she whispered, lips pouty as she rested her chin on his head.

He had his arms and legs wrapped around his mom's torso, squeezing tightly as if afraid to lose something. "I don't hate my brothers. Or you and daddy."

"I would hope you'd never."

"I'm sorry for inviting over friends without asking, too."

Nene jolted up, completely forgetting the guests she had left. "It's okay, but don't do it again. Next time I won't just let you walk away without a spanking. Now let's go back and treat our guests right. We wouldn't want them to be stuck taking care of more babies than they need to."

Indeed Akane and Murasaki had been taking care of the twins, Reiji close by for any needed assistance (he was quite experienced in the babysitting department mostly in part because he took care of the Aoi children with Murasaki a lot. That's not to say he always knew what he was doing).

Mura sprawled on the floor, yanking the blond boy to sit next to her. Hoshi sat quietly observing the two older children while chewing on his pacifier and Tsuki squealed excitedly, bouncing on the floor. The older girl waved around a stuffy in front of the scarlet eyed baby and he looked up questioningly before grabbing the stuffed animal softly and hugging it to his chest. Rei hesitantly put out his finger and Hoshi grabbed it gently, his eyes the definition of innocence. Even if Reiji wouldn't admit it, that made him soft.

Akane had been busy preparing the baby food, thinking that the babies were hungry, when he looked up from the kitchen counter and yelped. "Tsukiya! Tsukiya is walking!"

Yes, he was indeed walking. The two children had been so distracted by the cute, shy twin that they hadn't been watching the other. So using the lack of eyes on him, Tsuki had pulled himself up using the coffee table and started to waddle.

Mrs. Yugi popped into the living room at that moment and squealed, cooing Tsuki over and clapping her hands.

Kyurei was right behind his mom, fascinated by how well the baby was padding forward. Everyone was cheering, even Reiji and Akane.

After calming down their excitement, Nene sputtered out an embarrassed apology. "Thank you for taking care of them for a bit, Akane." The woman smiled, sheepishly. "I apologize for everything that's happened today."

Mura waved it off. "It's okay. It was pretty fun. Right, Rei?"

The blond boy dropped his previous smile from looking at the waddling child, arms to crossed. "Sure, I guess." His pose was meant to come off as one that demonstrated irritation, though the heat on his cheeks said the contrary. Not that he enjoyed taking care of babies, he just enjoyed being with the purplette.

Kyu padded over to his brothers, hiding behind his mother. Was he afraid of what they thought of him? Yes, actually.

"You scared, squirt?" Reiji scoffed, leering at the kid. "They're just babies."

The brunette just scowled, approaching the said babies who were sat on the carpeted floor.

"Hello Hoshi," he mumbled softly while twiddling his thumbs, before turning to the other. "Hello Tsuki."

Mura watched her best friend lovingly. She thought that he was being cute.

"I'm..." he sniffed. "I'm sorry. I should be a better brother. I love you two." He wrapped his arms around both babies gently, as if afraid they would reject him. Truthfully, since they are indeed babies, they didn't quite get what was going on but loved the very heartfelt embrace.

Turning to Mura, the brunette asked pleadingly. "Mura, would you help me be a good older brother?" Kyu tugged at the girl's sleeve.

"Of course!" The purplette replied without a second thought. "I am the oldest of all my siblings after all, I'm certified for these things."

Kyu gave her a hug of appreciation causing Akane to panic.

The overprotective man sputtered. "What do you think you're doing? Hands off my daughter, little man!" And he did, hugging his uncle as thanks.

Reiji fumed.

"What? Want one too, Reiji?" Mura asked teasingly.

He snorted, "as if."

That didn't stop Kyu from giving him a light (awkward) hug, Mura wrapping her arms around the boy as well. This was actually quite endearing, though the blond boy would never admit it. "Eh, I guess you're not that bad, kid, but that doesn't mean I like you."

a/n: So sorry for the delay, online school was very busy and 2020 became impossibly worse 😢. I will probably have one last chapter before I finish this series of one shots, if you have any requests you are more than welcome to comment. I hope for happier days and stay safe 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 148 18
Nene Yashiro and Amane Yugi hate each other. They are completely different. In different worlds entirely, they are two people who could never see eye...
3K 29 12
D̸o̸ y̸o̸u̸ y̸o̸u̸ k̸n̸o̸w̸ a̸b̸o̸u̸t̸ t̸h̸e̸ 7̸ w̸o̸n̸d̸e̸r̸s̸?̸ Y̸o̸u̸ d̸o̸n̸'̸t̸?̸ W̸a̸n̸n̸a̸ k̸n̸o̸w̸ t̸h̸e̸ f̸a̸m̸o̸u̸s̸ o̸n̸e̸?̸ H̸e̸r̸ n̸a̸m̸e...
24.5K 737 14
-(°•*×◇○×*•°)- Yashiro Nene, a kind and sweet highschool girl who is searching for a new part-time job so that she could fend for herself. Yugi Aman...
45.3K 1.4K 19
when you open this book, you think you'll get a love story, but you are horribly mistaken. this story is filled with sadness and one-sided love. but...