How To Steal A Heart

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Frenemies: #1 (2nd May 2020) Charming: #2 (19th July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any upda... More

Air mattress
Shopping cart
Reunion
Step one
Home alone with you
Group date
Step two
William
Hide and seek
Hike
Basorexia
Paint twister
Too close
Memories
Ryan
Aggravating
Bad influence
First date
Chasing
Blamed
Charlie
Movie marathon
This summer
Moving out
Pool day
Miami
Exhausted and upset
Cut short
Love?
Regret
Break it
Laundry disaster
Grounded?
Alone
You've got to be fucking kidding
Secret
Eve
A/N
I love you
Epilogue

Driveway

29.3K 537 372
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter one: Driveway (Madison's POV)

"Bye Mr. Matthews!" Julia and I screamed while walking to my car. "Oh, my god, thank god school's finally over. Help! Help! He- nevermind," she huffed, dropping all her books to the floor. 

Let me catch you guys up, I got to West Campus High in Sacramento, and today was finally the last day of school before we went off on summer break. We were taking all our books home as study material but didn't think of doing so till now. Hence, our books are falling everywhere while we trip every two steps. 

I'm Madison but pretty much everyone calls me Mads, or Maddie, whichever you prefer. "Give me a minute," I laughed while balancing my books in one arm and on my knee while I grabbed my car keys from my back pocket. I drive on a permit but I'm a pretty good driver. 

My birthday is June sixteenth and I'm almost seventeen but sixteen as of yet, it's whatever. I live with my brother Nick and my best friend Julia. Our parents work in business together and travel all the time but live in New York, so us kids live together here in Sacramento. We like it here. 

She has a brother too, a twin, but no one's heard from him. Not since he went to boarding school a while ago. We don't talk about him, no one's fond of him. 

"Here, open the door and put your books in first," I said before quickly running to the driver's side and opening the backseat, throwing all my books in there. I sighed, shaking my now numb arm before throwing my backpack off and getting in the seat. 

She did the same and huffed, leaning her head back. "Buckle up, please," I said while starting the car and putting my seat belt on before backing out of the parking spot and heading home. I live about ten-fifteen minutes away from school so it's really easy to come and go. We all live in my house since it's closer and Julia's isn't too far but it is now a dead place. We all live together and we all take full responsibility. Or well, try to. I end up taking most since Nick is just- Nick. 

I drove home, Julia and I talking the entire time and pulled up into my driveway before halting the breaks. 

"Ow!" Julia screeched. "Whose car is that?" 

I looked carefully to read the number plate. 

"Hold on," I took my seatbelt off and stepped out of the car. That car looked really familiar and I just couldn't put my finger on it. 

"Looks familiar," Julia said while stepping out. 

It does! 

"Julia, is something you need to tell me?" I turned to her nervously. 

"What?" she looked at me dumbfounded. 

"Is someone coming over?" I questioned. 

"No?" she said but it came out like a question. 

"Then please tell me why your brother's car is in our driveway?!" I exclaimed. 

"That's not his- oh, my god it is!" she gasped. "He's in-" A different voice cut her off. 

"New York? Nope, not anymore." 

I closed my eyes and let out a breath before turning around slowly to face him. 

Jacob Dallas. The devil himself. This guy is such an asshole, I cannot even begin to describe his asshole-ness. Is that a word? I don't know. 

"What're you doing here?" Julia stepped forward. I'll leave this to the twins. 

"Hi, Julia" he nodded at her. "Madison," he smirked at me while walking closer. 

I don't know what it is, but this guy has always found flirting to be a good way to pass time, and it's often with me! I just glared at him, staring straight into his eyes while he towered over me. 

"What're you doing here?" Julie questioned again but he wasn't answering her, he was just staring right back at me. 

"What're you doing here, Jacob?" I asked. 

He sighed and I tried to step back but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I huffed while cursing under my breath but standing there. It's just best to listen to him, honestly. Otherwise, he never gives it up. 

"I'm back," he smirked, "The school couldn't keep me there so they requested I pull my name out and I gladly did. After that mom and dad talked to John and Rose," Those are my parents. "And I was told to come here. To live with you guys." 

You're telling me that his parents and my parents decided he's gonna live here with us? Lewis and Elizabeth, his parents, decided to do that? We're all on a first-name basis here. Okay, can he stop staring into my eyes like that? It's kinda creepy. 

"Why don't you move back to our place? You can't live here," Julia huffed. 

"Why not? It's her place, let her decide," he nodded at me. "You've got two spare rooms, Mads. It's a big ass mansion." 

It's an old ass mansion too. It's been here since my great grandparents and we've only renovated it once. It is huge but that's because my entire family used to live here. Parents, grandparents, and my uncle and aunt. Now obviously, they don't. It's in great condition though, all white and polished. I don't like it. Looks too perfect for the chaos that we create inside, doesn't justify it. 

"Which bedroom do you want?" I sighed in defeat. 

"Maddie, what are you doing?!" Julia looked at me, bewildered. 

"He needs to live somewhere, Julia. If our parents said here, then here it is. Which room?" I turned back to him. 

"The one upstairs," he smirked. 

Maybe I shouldn't have given him that choice. There are three bedrooms upstairs. Mine, Nick's and one guest. Julia stays in the one downstairs where the other guestroom is. Of course, he remembers where my room is, he used to barge in there like he owned it. Before boarding school, he lived in his own place by himself which is why I don't understand why he can't do that now but the bottom line is, he can't. And we all are gonna have to deal with it. 

"Now if you will," I sighed, "Can you move your car out of the driveway?" I arched an eyebrow at him while folding my arms across my chest. 

He narrowed his eyes slightly on me, looking me head to toe. "Missed ya," he mumbled before getting in his car. 

I got into mine and backed up so he could too. I parked in my driveway and he drove up, parking his car behind mine. Great, so I can't get out without him either. I should have parked behind him. I got out of the car and slammed my door shut, opened the back door and grabbed all my books. I was about to drop them but he caught them in time. 

"I'll get them," he smirked. I rolled my eyes and locked the car before leading everyone into the house. 

"What about your stuff?" I asked while grabbing a bottle of water before going up to my room with Jacob following. 

"It'll come in tomorrow morning," he replied while placing my book on my desk. 

"Okay," I sighed while placing my car keys on my desk. 

He grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. "What're you doing?" he asked, his voice low. 

"What am I doing?" I questioned in confusion, my voice softening in front of him. Damnit! Why does it do that? 

"You can't avoid me any more, why are you still trying?" he arched an eyebrow at me. My breathing got a little heavier when he leaned in next to my ear. "You're stuck with me now," he whispered. 

I shoved him back and rolled my eyes. "Get out of here, Jacob," I huffed. 

"Why?" he plopped down on my bed. 

"Or don't, I will," I shrugged before going into Nick's room. I knocked before opening the door and he was sitting there with his girlfriend, Riley. "Hey," I sighed. 

"You met him, huh?" Nick questioned, putting his phone down. 

"He is such a pain in the ass," I groaned. 

"What happened?" Riley questioned. 

"Jacob's back," I huffed. 

"Dallas?" she questioned and I nodded. "Don't tell me he's living here," she sighed. 

"Sorry," I shrugged. "I'm sorry to myself," I shook my head before going downstairs to grab water. I grabbed a bottle from the fridge and closed it to see Jacob leaning beside it, making me jump when he appeared out of nowhere. "What?" I said through gritted teeth. 

"Needed water," he shrugged before taking my bottle and drinking from it. He handed it back to me but I shoved it back to him before going into Julia's room. 

"You're making a huge mistake. He's gonna drive us all crazy," Julia scoffed. 

"You don't think I know that? Parents' orders, Julia. We'll figure it out," I shrugged. 

I mean how long can someone keep their bullshit going? It's not gonna be that bad. He had to have matured a little

Right?

.

.

.

.

.

That's the first chapter for you guys!!!!!!!

What do you think about the characters???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...
396K 10.3K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
357K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
182K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...