Iᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴜᴍ (Bᴏᴏᴋ 1) (editing)

By jtorres19

He did not move from the spot where he stood. He did not hear Jace calling out to him. He did not notice the... More

Introduction to Imperium
Chapter 1- The Fall of Terra
Chapter 2- The Jewel (editing)
Chapter 3- If You Play With Fire...
Chapter 4- Something Wicked This Way Comes
Chapter 5- Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Chapter 6- The Hidden Castle
Chapter 7- Revon (Part 1)
Chapter 7- Revon (Part 2)
Chapter 8- Secrets Have A Way (Part 1)
Chapter 8- Secrets Have A Way (Part 2)
Chapter 9- Never Ending Fantasy (Part 1)
Chapter 9- Never Ending Fantasy (Part 2)
Chapter 10- Someone's Always Watching (Part 1)
Chapter 10- Someone's Always Watching (Part 2)
Chapter 11- Creatures of the Obscurum Jungle (Part 1)
Chapter 11- Creatures of the Obscurum Jungle (Part 2)
Chapter 12- Let It Go (Part 1)
Chapter 12- Let It Go (Part 2)
Chapter 13- Search for Us (Part 1)
Chapter 13- Search for Us (Part 2)
Chapter 14- Running For The... (Part 1)
Chapter 14- Running For The... (Part 2)
Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 2)
Chapter 16- Leap of Firth (Part 1)
Chapter 16- Leap of Firth (Part 2)
Chapter 17- The Takings (Part 1)
Chapter 17- The Takings (Part 2)
Chapter 18- Long May She Reign (Part 1)
Chapter 18- Long May She Reign (Part 2)
Chapter 19- It's Just the Beginning (Part 1)
Chapter 19- It's Just the Beginning (Part 2)
BOOK 2

Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 1)

80 14 2
By jtorres19

Previous Chapter

Catherina chuckled, squeezing her niece then releasing her. "Not at all. You are a queen Rayna. That power is inside of you. You will one day have that with you always." She kissed her forehead, "Goodnight, my little queen."

Rayna chuckled, "Goodnight, Aunt Catherina."

Rayna slept peacefully that night, feeling as if she could take on anything that could step in her path.

Part 1

Rayna lies wide-awake throughout the night and well into the morning as thoughts circled around her head. All she could think about was the upcoming day.

June 9th.

They had  finally made plans for their journey; on the nineteenth of June, they would set off to go through the Obscurrum Jungle and collect the items they needed to create the Occidere weapon.

The day was drawing closer and closer, and much was weighing on Rayna's mind about the whole thing.

There was much debate on whether they should tell the Bellator's of this plan. To let them join them, or just wait until to tell them until they have returned from their journey; if all of them returned. That was the most daunting thought of all. They spoke with King Silas and Prince Coilleach about their plans. Both tried to warn them against it, saying it was too dangerous of a journey especially when they are not as familiar with the jungle.

King Silas was the least bit happy with what they were telling him. He was even more shocked that Kalevi was agreeing to all this. He had to at least try reasoning with them."You cannot go this journey alone, none of you know these lands, if you aren't killed within days, you will end up lost forever." King Silas said shaking his head. His eyes fell on Rayma, "And it is most certainly too dangerous of a journey for you to travel, Queen Rayna."

Rayna shook her head, "I am going. It's not up for discussion. I am the one that needs to do this so I am going on this journey. I am aware of the consequences that could arise, and so are the others. And we are not alone, we have one another, we can easily protect each other."

King Silas continued giving her a lecture on all that could go wrong, but she just met each of his arguments with an answer of her own.

Prince Coilleach looked between the two rulers, both so stubborn and set on their opinions he knew neither would budge as he listened to them argue back and forth. So they needed a compromise and he thought of just the thing. He got both of their attention, waiting until they quieted down. "I will journey along with you as well as five members from our guard." He looked between the two of them then let his eyes fall on Rayna. "That is the only way we are agreeing to this."

Rayna felt a chill run up her spine at the thought of something happening to Prince Coilleach. "Coill, there is no way-"

"I am going, Ray, that part is non-negotiable." He crossed his arms over his chest giving her the look he got when he was determined.

She groaned thinking he is so like his father. She turned to King Silas, "What do you say about your son's crazy idea?"

She shouldn't have been surprised by his response. King Silas just smiled, "I think it's the smartest thing that has been said throughout the entire conversation."

More lives were going to be put at risk. It was constantly weighing on Rayna's mind as she thought of each person that was in danger. Each creature they were going to have to face was deadly. The only one that would be simple was the faeries' blood and they already got it during their conversation with King Silas. Catherina kept it in one of her little bottles and stored it away.

Rayna threw the covers off herself, feeling anxious. She walked over to her window and looked out into the trees in front of her. It was still dark out, couldn't be earlier than four in the morning.

Then a thought popped into her head. She didn't second-guess the thought; she just went with it rushing as quietly as she could to get ready for the day. She pulled on her dark green summer dress, pulled on her cloak and wrapped her sword belt around her waist. Just in case, she thought to herself. She didn't know if there was any danger waiting for her in the jungle, but she needed to be prepared for it. She grabbed her boots from beside her door, not putting them on so that she wouldn't make too much noise. Opening her door slowly, she peered out to make sure no one was in the halls. She stepped out of her room and moved quietly going to the left down the hall towards the staircase. After she was safely down the stairs, Rayna walked into the drawing-room and pulled out a piece of paper off the desk.

I wanted to go for a ride through the jungle to the Perpetua Sea. I will be back soon. Don't worry, I will have the dryads escort me. ~Rayna

She placed it on the counter in side the kitchen, while also grabbing an apple out of the basket that Jewel had just brought in the other day.

Rushing out the door, not looking back as she closed it, she ran towards the stables as the sun began to rise. She needed to get there before six.

Her horse was startled to hear the doors open so early, but once Rayna gave her the apple, she calmed down. Rayna grabbed the saddle and placed it on her horses back and was ready to go with seconds to spare as she brought her horse outside the stables. She closed the doors very quietly and made sure that they were secure. Rayna needed to hurry before Revon awoke. She mounted her horse and rode off towards the Obscurrum Jungle.

Surprisingly the dryads did not stir at her presence she waited for a second, but they remained in slumber and she did not want to wake them, so she continued on sure she would be stopped at some point down the road. Of course, she thought to herself, it would be better with no escort at all, the less to explain the better.

She road a little quick, but not in full run not wanting to alert any of the creatures of her presence. Her hood was up, of course as she road on. Her focus was solely on her goal as she moved along the dirt path. She was surprised at how long it finally took for her to be stopped along her travels.

"Queen Rayna? What in the world are you doing up so early in the Jungle? And with no escort!" Rayna slowed her horse to a stop, groaning as she turned around at the voice coming from behind her. Prince Coilleach.

Rayna cringed slightly to herself, but turned and smiled, turning her horse in his direction. They circled one another, "Prince Coilleach! How nice to see you. I know it is early, but I am on a quest, you see. And I did not want to wake the poor dryads at the edge of the jungle. They looked so tired."

Prince Coilleach rolled his eyes at her, "Really, Ray? You didn't want to wake them?" He crossed his arms over his chest and raised his eyebrow, "Or did you not want an escort on your 'quest'?"

Rayna bit her lip and narrowed her eyes, "Alright, maybe I wanted to make the journey alone, but I really did feel bad, they looked very tired and I did not want to wake them, Coil and that is the truth."

Coilleach chuckled at her admission and started to walk, motioning her to continue forward. "So what is this quest that you are going on? From what I can tell you are headed in the direction of the kingdom?"

Rayna sighed, "No, I am not that insane. I am actually traveling to the cemetery. I-" she paused thinking through her words. "I want to see my father and mother's graves and... and mine."

"Really?" Coilleach was skeptical of her. "Or are you wanting to see a certain someone that visits your grave every Sunday at say oh eight o'clock on the dot?" When Rayna remained silent he got his confirmation. He sighed, "Rayna, this isn't a good idea. If he sees you-"

"I'm not stupid, Coil." She spoke softly, "I won't be visible to him, I just... I just want to see him one last time before we go on our journey." Rayna looked up at him, the sadness clear in her eyes, "I don't know if I will see him again."

That made Coilleach puff out his chest, determination clear in his tone. "You listen to me Rayna Imperium, you will make it out alive from this journey, do you understand? Dying is not an option. You will see him again." Rayna smiled softly and nodded her head, but he could tell she was still skeptical of it all. He sighed, "But I will go along with your insanity and escort you to the cemetery."

Rayna's small smile turned into a wide grin. "Thank you, Coil."

He smiled back, "You're welcome you mad queen."

Rayna just chuckled softly, and they continued on their journey to the cemetery in comfortable silence. Rayna felt at ease now, knowing that he was there beside her to accompany her on the journey. She trusted the creatures of the forest, but you never know what is lurking in the shadows.

Coilleach decided to teach Rayna some more on the creatures of the forest to watch out for. She knew most of the ones he was speaking of already, but she let him inform her. For all she knew, there was something she didn't know.

Rayna had been reading more and more on the creatures of the jungle. Though most creatures were kind, there are some who were not so kind in passing. There were the ogres travelers need had to keep an eye out for always within the jungle. They were not the brightest creatures out there, but when provoked they can be vicious. And when they are hungry, they are determined. They were large creatures; the tallest ever documented reaching eight feet tall. They can be head coming from a mile away. They have large feet and don't know a thing about being quiet. For hands, they have sharp nails, almost like claws that have been known to kill easy. Their appetite was for anything.

Another creature they needed to be cautious of were the wolves. They came in packs and hunt mostly at night. Some can be friendly; if they are found as pups they can be trained to be companions while hunting. But the wild ones... they look for the weakest out there and feast.

Others that need to be looked of for were Cyclops and giants. Giants were generally a friendly bunch. But if they feel threatened in any way, they would attack. Mostly all it took was stepping on a person to do the job. But they do not live close to normal civilizations in the jungle. They live deep, deep within the Gigas Mountains. That was their homeland. They reach the height far past the trees. And when they walk the earth rattles with them.

Cyclops were not so easy to deal with. They have been called the one-eyed giants. Again they will leave people alone if left alone. But they are not friendly in the slightest. They were known to be angry all the time. They mostly live in caves along the base of the Gigas Mountains.More than likely because they were referred to as the 'stupid' Giants. Giants and Cyclops do not get on well, as can be expected.

Snakes were tricky ones as well. Some can be venomous; meaning the venom that leaked from their teeth was poisonous. The way that one can tell the difference between non-poisonous snakes and the poisonous ones was poisonous snakes have a pupil that is an oblong shape with peaked ends, like a slit in the center of the eye. While non-poisonous snakes have a round pupil. One must be more careful after a storm passes. They lurk in the grass and come out from hiding.

Dragons, of course, were some of the most dangerous. They breathe fire onto anything that gets in their way. But there was not as much of a worry in the farther north parts of the jungle where Terra sat. Not often were dragons seen around there, more during the warmer seasons did they pass through. But they mainly stayed in the Quama Desert were seasons did not exist, only heat.

Lions, tigers, Griffins, Hippogriffs, Unicorns, Jabberwocky, cheetahs, Basilisk, crocodiles, alligators, Chupakabras, and Sirens, they were all creatures that were not to be trusted. They solely ran on instinct. They were predators of the jungle, each in their own separate parts of it spread far and wide. Rayna hoped  while on their journey in search of the ingredients, they passed very few of them along the way.

Time passed, and as they drew nearer to the cemetery Rayna grew more nervous. It would be the first time she was in his presence alone since they were children. Not that he would know that she was there, but still.

Coilleach stopped them so they were about five miles away and covered by the trees completely. She would have to go uphill from here. "Alright, now what are you going to do to make yourself disappear or whatever?"

Rayna rolled her eyes as she got down from her horse and turned to him. "I am going to cast a spell where you will not see nor hear me. I will have to be a little far a way for when I reappear, I will startle my horse too badly if I am too close. The spell will only last for an hour."

"And you are sure that this spell will work?" Coilleach asked, slightly skeptical of a spell that could do all that.

Rayna nodded her head, trying to avoid biting her lip. "It most definitely will. I have recited it over and over again, it should work no problem." I hope, she thought to herself.

Coilleach nodded, a little hesitant at the thought, but he trusted her to be careful. He waited for her to cast the spell.

Rayna took a deep breath. What she didn't tell the prince was that she would have to perform a little blood magic to cast this spell. It was one thing just making one's self disappear; it was another to remove any traces of one's self and being invisible at the same time. She would deal with the consequences later, knowing very well that her eyes would give her away.

She closed her eyes, placing her hands on her necklace, and began. "Invisibilia nudus oculus ad me. Fac me ad aliorum aures inaudita. Remove a me print pede terram. An tantum pro horis est."

She vanished before his eyes, and he kept a grip on the horses' reins. He whispered to the empty space around him, not sure if she was still there. "An hour, little queen. And not a minute more."

A/N: It took everything in me not to just post the entire chapter. I literally argued with myself. Hope you guys enjoyed this part!!!! Get ready for Thursday!!! I am already ready for it!!! XD

Love,
J

4/7/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 224 19
(Epic Fantasy/LGBT Romance) COMPLETED & PUBLISHING A Guard's Request will be published with Fantastic Books Publishing in October of 2023, but I have...
493 98 17
To victory, we march, breaking oppression's chain, Till the dawn of shadows heralds our reign. **** Akeshia used to be a place where mages, hunters...
121K 11.8K 35
***WINNER of the "BREATHTAKING: A FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL WRITING COMPETITION!" "You are a secret kept from the world, but not from me."...
590 145 30
"I saw you and you were just standing there. I started walking towards you and you-just-just stood there." Stuttered Stiles. "I tapped on your should...