The Royal Proposal

By AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Violet Ellis, the Director of Cora's company- is one of the leading electronic companies based in NYC... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 12

3K 129 4
By AuthorCYPhere

Emilia Ellis

As soon as Dad left, I put one of my hand on my hip and glared at him.

"You want to explain something to me?"

"Explain what?" He asked innocently.

"You lied to me about that brooch."

His eyes soften, just a tiny bit. "It technically allowed you inside."

"With dramas added." I remarked.

"You still owe me a date." He said.

The audacity of him to even bring that topic right now. I know, I agreed to go on a date with him, but whatever he pulled out yesterday was simply, unacceptable!

"How did you get my number?"

"Your cousin."

"Beautiful." I said sarcastically. "Didn't they find it weird, you asking for my number after giving me the damn brooch?"

"I pretended that my phone's battery died and I needed to text you to ask where you were and well I texted myself your number."

"They didn't technically give you the number." I pointed out.

"Same thing." He shrugged.

"How did you manage to get my Dad to bring you here is a mystery."

"Oh.. well, initially I was not planning to come here.. I was going for the game. Your Dad came to pick us up.Then I brought the subject that I wanted to surprise you and he was thrilled and he drove us here." Then I noticed his outfit, underneath his windbreaker was a white shirt, he wore a dark trouser and golf shoes. He looked quite handsome. I lied, he looked more than quite handsome.

"Genius." I said sarcastically as I made my way to the counter and sat on the bar stool.

One of the staff came to ask his food restrictions. Apparently, he has none.

"If my brother sees you here, you know you are in trouble."

"I don't get why they are not fond of me?" He questioned loudly.

"Because you lied to me." I said..

"Well, if you were smart, you would have figured-no one gives out expensive brooch as a security measures."

"Are you calling me stupid?" I gasped and looked at him with fury in my eyes.

"I didn't use the term, stupid." He pointed out.

"But you said if I was smart enough.." I emphasized on the word, smart.

"I just think you are pretty innocent."

"And so you decided to take advantage of my innocence?"

"You do have a smart mouth."

"So, all this time you thought I have a stupid mouth? Don't change the topic." I hissed, annoyingly at him.

He threw his head back and laughed and for a moment. I forgot what I was arguing with him about.. He wiped his tears and looked at me.

"I knew you were pretty smart the moment I met you." He sighed and give me a smile. "You saved a random stranger."

I am still not use to that topic and I still get worried and embarrassed about it. "I think it's all about right places and right timings.."

"But I must say, you were pretty responsive and quick." His eyes held a strong emotion that I couldn't point out. "Many people would have been afraid to help."

I was glad Zara and Leo interrupted us and served us our breakfast. We ate quietly until David walked down the stairs, tiredly and stopped in the middle of the staircase and rub his eyes. That's right, brother. You are not seeing things.

He grudgingly walked towards us.

"David." Chase said, cheerfully. To me it was as if he was teasing David,knowing he dislikes him.

"Mr.Reynolds."David kept his tone polite and watched him, intently. Most likely, trying to figure out his moves.

"Just Chase. Care to join us for breakfast?"

The way he said it, made me feel like we were the guests here.

"Sure." David said wryly as he took a seat beside me in the bar stool. "How come you joined us this morning?" He looked at Chase.

"Your Dad dropped me off here." Chase smiled.

David muttered something under his breath. I finished my breakfast quickly and stood up. "I have some unfinished work to complete." I said taking my plates and passing it to one of the staff. "It was nice having you here, today."

"Pleasure is all mine." Chase said with a smile. I feel like he is trying to get on my nerve, or maybe his personality is like this. He definitely have good looks, but he knows how to push someone's buttons.

"Bye." I said rather too happily.

"Wait." Chase said stopping me. Of course, he have to say something.

"Yes." I turned around with a sweet smile, but inside I was glaring at him.

"I think we need to have some words." He said.

"Okay, I'm done." David suddenly interrupted and looked at Chase. "Mr.Reynolds."

"Chase." He corrected David.

"Chase, with all due respect. I think my sister doesn't like you much, and I would not push her into doing things that she doesn't like."

"I think we should let her decide." He glanced at me and then at David. "With equally due respect, I think you should allow your sister to be the one making the decision and speaking for herself." He give David a challenging look. David was perplexed by his words and looked at me.

"Okay." I said to Chase. No one talks to my brother like that. "Don't talk to my brother like that. I made a hasty and stupid decision, alright and I'm sorry."

"You two siblings know I'm telling the truth. I don't have to know you guys for too long to understand this."

"Understand what?" I asked.

"He and Daniel." He chuckled. "Has always been protecting you. That's not difficult to point out, but they make decisions for you. You may be good at making decisions for the company that you work in,but you have poor social skills and poor decision making skills when it comes to your own personal life. They have sheltered you for too long,that you have no idea how to handle personal issues without thinking of consequences."

My mouth dropped opened at his talk. He was smiling at us the whole time, but his eyes was dark and stormy.

"Okay, Mr.Reynolds." David said. "I would request you to please leave."

Chase shrugged. "You know, I'm right." He said. "I'll see you guys, this evening."
And before David could question what he meant. Chase answered for him, "Your Dad invited my family for dinner at your family home." He winked at me before walking out of the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
452K 17.2K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...
3.5M 106K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
111K 2.9K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...