The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Unpleasantville

6.1K 163 13
By slRose18qn

Laura's POV

I was in my room lying in bed with Stefan and Elena hovering around me asking questions about the man I crashed into the other night. It was really hurting my head because I don't remember a single thing about the guy.

"Laura, who was that man you crashed into?" Elena asked.

I groaned in annoyance at her stupid question. "I don't know. I didn't see his face. He was wearing a hoodie." I told her and sat up. "All I can remember is that there was these black boots coming towards me."

Elena turned to Stefan with a worried look. "Do you think it might have been a vampire?"

Stefan was in deep thought. "I don't know. Damon said he was able to put his bones back together, it would make sense that he's a vampire." He explained.

"What do you think he wants with me?" I asked him.

He shrugged to answer. "I don't know. But I will protect you, I promise." He said.

I let out a breath at his assurance.

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

It was school and we had just finished our classes when Caroline and I were walking together across the lawn. "It's so pretty. Thank you. God, it'll go with, like, everything." She was examining the necklace I gave her laced with vervain.

Stefan thought it would be safer if we gave out all the vervain to our family and friends until they caught the vampire.

"What's the occasion?" She asked me as we sat down for lunch.

"No occasion. Just a gift I wanted to give to you. I saw it in a window store and thought it would look great on you, and it does." I said smiling proudly. "Lesbian friend necklace? 'Cause we're freaky like that." She winked playfully and we both laughed.

"Your friendship is important to me." I told her earnestly.

"Aw. Thanks." She said.

I watched Caroline observe her necklace a little longer before she noticed the sad look on my face. "Hey, are you dealing with it okay?" She asked me concerned.

She was hinting at the fact I was adopted. I sighed deeply shaking my head. "I'm fine, I guess. I mean I still can't believe it." I told her as I unwrap my sandwich.

"Well, of course you would be. I was too. I mean who knew you and Elena were adopted." She said.

"I didn't believe it when Elena told me but the way Jenna reacted when we asked her says it all... We're adopted." I said sadly.

"Well, how's Elena dealing with all of this?" Caroline asked.

"She's not talking to Jenna, she's angry at her for hiding the truth from us." I told her.

"Well it's not Jenna's fault." Caroline said.

"I know, but Elena's being Elena. She's stubborn but she'll come around soon." I said.

"Let's hope so."

~ ~ ~

Elena, Bonnie and I were hanging out at the grill and we told her we were adopted. She was just as shocked as Caroline when I told her. "I checked our birth certificates, and it said our parents are Miranda and Grayson Gilbert. It just doesn't make any sense." Elena explained being confused with it all.

"Which is why you should ask Jenna." Bonnie suggested. "And by ask, she meant actually talk to her." I said.

Elena scowled in silence. "First of all, the Elena that I know would want to know the real truth, good or bad." I said in a know-it-all.

"And second of all...?" Elena asked chopping down on her fries.

"You just found out your boyfriend is a ...vampire." Bonnie said quietly so no one could hear. "So unless your birth parents are aliens... how bad can it be?"

But Elena still wasn't so sure she was ready to talk to Jenna yet. "Okay, you two talk it out. Bonnie, convince her to talk to Jenna. I'm out of ideas." I looked at Bonnie then got up from my seat grabbing my bag.

"Wait, where are you going?" Elena asked.

"I'm missing something that goes with my dress and Caroline will definitely make a comment on it." I said and they both giggled.

The decade dance was coming up, I got my dress picked out but I just need a few accessories to go with it.

"See ya."

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

I finally picked out some pretty earrings and a sparkly ring from the store and was walking over to my car across the road when my phone went off in my bag. Without checking who the caller was I answered it.

"Hello."

"Hello Laura." I didn't know who the person was, he didn't sound familiar. "Who's this?" I asked getting my car keys from my bag.

"You hit me with your car. Is that a new one?"

I froze and I snapped around to see if anyone was watching me when I spotted a man wearing a hoodie standing across the road from me. I recognise the clothes were the same as the man I hit my car with.

"You got away from me." He made his way over to me and I freaked out. "You won't next time."

I frantically opened the door to get in and quickly drove off. I didn't know what to do or where to go but I knew I didn't want him to follow me home so I went straight to Stefan and Damon's place.

~ ~ ~

When I got there I explained what happened to Stefan and he was listening attentively with a hard look. Elena was just as freaked out as I was. "You met him too?" Elena asked.

"Too? You're being stalked as well?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I was picking out my outfit the yesterday and there was this man just standing outside the store watching me." She explained getting the shivers.

We both looked at each other with a worried look and Elena sat next to me out of fear. "What does he want with us? If he's trying to kill us why call first?" I looked at Stefan.

"It's because we're predators. We hunt. We stalk. It's often as exciting as the kill." Stefan explained and I breathed out heavily.

Elena noticed and squeezed my hand. "Everything's going to be okay." She told me but I couldn't bring myself to nod because I was still scared.

"I want you two to have this." Stefan gave us the pocket watch that was Jeremy's. "This is Jeremy's pocket watch." Elena said looking at it.

"How did you get it?" I asked him.

"I took it from Damon, who took it from Logan, who must've taken it from you." Stefan explained. It was definitely our pocket watch what it was different than I remembered.

"What happened to it?" Elena asked examining the difference in the watch.

"Well, it's not just a watch, it's a.. it's a sort of compass, but it points to vampires." Stefan did a demonstration and the arrow fluttered before pointing directly to him.

"Why did dad have this?" I asked.

"Gilberts were one of the founding families, and back in 1864, they were among those who sought eradicate the vampire. The compass was used to find us." He explained.

"Did you know them?" I asked.

Stefan nodded and closed Elena's hand with the compass. "Yes. I want you to keep this. That way, you both will know if you're ever in danger." He said looking at the both of us with a serious look.

We both nod to him and I squeezed my sister's hand trying to calm myself from the fear I was feeling.

~ ~ ~

Elena and I just got home to get ready for the dance when we walked in and saw Aunt Jenna tidying up the living room. She was already dressed in her 50s outfit ready for the dance.

I was a bit taken back by her efforts and felt the need to tease her. "Wow, Aunt Jenna. The 50s called, they want their clothes back~" I teased.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Jenna laughed sarcastically at my joke.

Elena ignored us and walked into the kitchen because she still refuse to talk to Jenna. Seriously, grow up Elena.

"Oh, I spoke to the insurance company, car's totaled. You can keep using mine for now." Aunt Jenna told me.

"It's a shame because it was my favourite car I picked out. But thanks, Jenna." I came over to hug her and glue my cheek to hers. "So can I ask you why you're dressed for our decade dance?" I looked at her confused by her wardrobe efforts.

"Actually Alaric asked me to help chaperone." She smiled shyly.

That's when I realised why she was so dolled up. "Oh, so are you guys a thing now?" I asked hopefully because they make a cute couple. "Well, hopefully after tonight, we will be." She smiled so hopeful.

"This is so weird. You and my history teacher." I fake a shiver and she slapped me on the arm. "Ow." I faked whined, she just rolled her eyes.

"What do you think Elena?" I turned to my sister who was eating an apple with her back towards us. She didn't say anything.

"Elena, the silent treatment thing is getting old." I told her.

She finally turned at us. "Why didn't you tell us, Jenna?" She said sharply disregarding Jenna's happy moment. I glare at her for ruining the moment but she ignored me.

Jenna took a deep breath before she answered her, I could tell she was struggling to get the truth out. "Your mom was going to do it eventually. I never thought I'd have to."

"If my mom was here right now and I asked, she'll tell me the truth." Elena looked at her sharply, hurting Jenna's feelings once again. "Elena, it's not her fault. If mom was here and we asked, it wouldn't have been easy for her to say it." I argued with her.

"No, Laura, it's okay." Jenna stopped me from arguing with my sister.

She turned to Elena to start her explanation. "Your dad was about to leave his office one night, when this girl showed up. She was sixteen, a runaway, and about to give birth. He delivered the babies, and he gave her a place to stay, but a few days later, she disappeared. And there you both were." She said and I was slightly getting interested in the story.

"Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby. I-it just wasn't happening. All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom." Jenna said and Elena stayed quiet.

"Then, why were our parents' name on our birth certificate?" I asked still confused about that query. "Your dad was a doctor, Laura. He took care of it." She answered.

"They didn't want to lose either of you, so they kept it quiet, told as few people as possible, but if anyone ever wanted proof, they had documentation." She finished and we were left to process everything.

"What else do you know about her? The girl"? Elena asked.

"Just her name. Isobel." Jenna answered.

~ ~ ~

Jenna had to leave early to be chaperone for the students that were coming earlier than us but I'm sure she just wanted to see Alaric. Jeremy went with her because he was on punch bowl duty so it was only Elena and I getting ready for the dance.

I curled my hair to make it a lot easier to braid and pinned them into a bun. I decorate it with a red ribbon and tied around my head like a headband. I wore the black dress with red polka dots and my red heels. I quickly applied my makeup on and slipped on my new pair of earrings and my ring.

I was all prepped and ready to go but Elena was still not done yet because her hair dryer was still going. And I couldn't leave without her because I was her ride.

"Elena! Are you ready yet?" I yelled over the hair dryer. "Yeah, just a minute!" She yelled back after switching off the dryer.

"Hey Jenna? Jeremy?" She called from her room. "They already left like an hour ago. You're so slow." I complained.

Her expression changed and she turned to her bed. "What's wrong?" I frowned. She walked over to her bed and picked up the compass. It was turning like crazy.

She stared at me with fear in her eyes and so did I. "Call Stefan now." I told her and she quickly went to get her phone dialing his number. She ran downstairs holding her phone to her ear and I followed after her.

"Where is he?" She asked.

"Ah, thank god. This compass was spinning. Stefan must be here. Thank you." She said to Damon I figured.

I sighed in relieve that Stefan was coming and was about to head back upstairs when I saw the man in the hoodie behind Elena.

"Elena!" I shouted.

His face shifted and grabbed her going for her neck and she screamed. Stefan came through the door and quickly pulled him off her and Elena fell to the ground. I ran over to her and she grabbed me panickily.

Stefan threw the guy at the tea table and it broke. The vampire quickly escaped to the front door. Stefan turned to Elena and hugged.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked her and she nodded but she was still in shock.

I looked at the door with my jaw dropped. That vampire was invited in.

~ ~ ~

"How'd he get in?" Damon asked as soon as he got here.

"He was invited in." I said swallowing in fear. "He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night." Stefan explained.

"Well, he gets points for that. Did he say what he wanted?" Damon asked. "No, he was too busy trying to kill me." Elena gave him the 'duh' look.

"And you have no idea who this is?" Stefan looked at his brother. "No." Damon shook his head but Stefan looked at him doubtfully. "Don't look at me like that, I told you we had company." Damon told him.

"You think there's more than one?" I asked and he raised his eyebrow. "We don't know." He answered taking the issue lightly.

"Damon... he was invited in." Stefan stared at him hard and Damon nodded getting the picture. "Then we go get him tonight." He said and looked at me. You up for it?"

"What do I have to do?" I asked.

"Let me take you to the dance, Elena goes with Stefan and we'll see who shows up." Damon suggested slinging his arm around me. "I'd rather go with the killer than you." I said and threw his arm off.

"Laura will be coming with us." Elena glared at him and grab my hand protectively. I smiled at my sister for saving me from going with Damon.

"It's a bad idea." Stefan shake his head in disagreement.

"Till we get him this house isn't safe. For anyone who lives in it." Damon told him then turned to me. "It's worth a shot."

I knew he was right. That vampire just tried to kill Elena and he was invited in. I can't sleep knowing a vampire can get into our house at any time.

"I'll do it." I decided and turned to my sister. "How 'bout you Elena. You in?"

She was unsure but saw the brave look in my eyes and finally mustered up her courage to join us. "Yeah." She said hesitantly.

Stefan looked at the both as if we were insane. "I can trust that Stefan will keep the both of us safe." I said Damon's face fell like he was jealous.

"Besides, we will be staying in a crowd. He won't do stupid, will he?"

~ ~ ~

Elena and I were dancing with Bonnie and Caroline as soon as we arrived to the dance. I was supposed to be having fun but I couldn't really enjoy myself when I knew there was a vampire out to get us. We don't know what he wants and why he was going after us.

The whole night I had both Salvatores watching us like a hawk, I was feeling so violated and uncomfortable. As I danced I would sneak a look at Damon because I couldn't help but be drawn to him. Suddenly he looked my way which shocked me and I looked away.

I haven't seen him in a few days and I was getting sucked in by him again. My heart was beating loudly every time I look at him, there were moments I wanted to act on it but I didn't want to get hurt again so I pushed the feeling aside.

"You see him?" Elena murmured to me. I looked around the room before answering her. "No, you?" She shook her head.

"I'm going to grab some punch." I yelled over to the loud music to the girls.

They kept dancing and I went over to the punch bowl table to have a timeout. I was standing around looking for anyone that stood out but I didn't see the guy in the hoodie. Moments later the girls were tired of dancing and came over to me.

"Having fun?" I asked them.

"No, but this took about two hours. So I'm at least staying half of that." Caroline said gesturing her outfit being proud of her work. I breathed out a smile at her comment. That's so Caroline.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bonnie nodded at him, she wasn't pleased to see him. I turned back at Stefan and Damon who were not dancing and being obvious.

I turned around biting my lip. "He wanted to come. As my date." I told them.

"So the two Gilbert sisters are dating the Salvatore brothers, should have seen that one coming." Caroline snide glaring at Damon. She was still hold a grudge at him for mistreating her.

"He's not my boyfriend. He's never going to be." I said firmly, muttering the last bit as I held the cup to my mouth. "Since Elena is dating Stefan, I'll be seeing a lot of Damon. I just have to put up with him. Besides it's not like I can kill him." I said.

"There's a thought." Bonnie said staring at Damon. "Hmm I'll help." Caroline joined and clink glasses with Bonnie. I shake my head at them.

"Hi Bonnie." I turn around to see Damon walking up to us smirking creepily at her. "Wanna dance?" He asked her.

She gave him a glare and turned away. "I'm outta here."

"Please give me another chance." He stopped her but she rejected him and left. "Back off, Damon." Caroline scoffed and followed her.

I clapped my hands in amusement. "Damon Salvatore being rejected for the first time. Such a rare occasion." I said sarcastically.

He smirked and turned to me. "Would you like to dance with me?" He held out his hand for me. I stared at it before looking at him.

"In your dreams." I turned away.

Damon grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "You really want to play that card?" He said getting annoyed with my attitude. "Let go of me." I stared at him hard but he doesn't let go.

"I said I was sorry." He argued.

"And I said I never want to see you again. Now. Let. Me. Go." I repeated myself. He still doesn't listen and held me tighter.

"Damon, let her go." Stefan came up behind him with Elena at his side. I was so glad to see him and made a face at Damon.

He reluctantly lets me go and I yank my hand away from him. He pressed his mouth in a line controlling his anger and turned to his brother. "Do you mind? I'm having a conversation with her." He said pissed.

"Well, she clearly doesn't want to talk to you." Elena pointed out.

Damon growled beneath his breath and he turned back to me again. He grabbed my hand roughly. "I'm not taking no for an answer." He said and dragged me out to the dance floor without my consent.

"Damon!" I squealed.

He pulled me into his chest and placed his hand on my hips and leaned into my ear. "You're going to listening to everything I have to say and you're going to dance with me." He said with his fake cheery voice not wanting to attract eyes on us.

I didn't want to make a scene and draw attention to myself so I went along with his selfishness. A slow song came on and Damon put his hands on my hips, I reluctantly put my arms around his neck. I didn't dare to look at Damon in the eye because I knew I would melt if I did. But I could feel his hot gaze staring into me.

"Oh, and before I forget. Here." He reached into his pocket and clipped something around my wrist. It was the bracelet Stefan gave me.

I look at Damon who had a smirk wiped across his face. "You stole my bracelet?" I look him not impressed.

"Yep." He said popping the P. "Since there's an angry vampire running about I thought you should wear it. For now." He smirked widely.

"Gee, how thoughtful of you." I said with bored sarcasm.

"Laura..." He turned serious. "When I said I was sorry, I need you to believe that I meant it." He stared into my eyes seeking for forgiveness.

"How can I?" I exclaimed. "How can I believe that you're capable of moving on from a relationship you've been holding onto for over a century?"

"Because I'm stubborn like that." He shrugged.

"You're pursuit after me just proves that you're still not over her, Damon." I told him and he became quiet.

"I know why you took me to Georgia with you. You wanted me there to serve as a reminder why you're still here." I said and he didn't dare to look me in the eye which proved my theory.

"We want to believe in each other then believe me when I say this, I hope you get Katherine out..." I told him and he looked at me. "Because I want you gone the minute you find her." He froze at my words and I push myself away from him trying to hold back the tears.

I saw Jeremy serving at the punch ball and wiped away my tears. I walked over to my brother acting natural. "Hey Jer. How's it going?" I forced a smile.

"Boring as hell." He said in a lazy tone.

"Well, that's what you get for not turning up your assignments." I said with the 'I told you so' look. He rolled his eyes at me and I giggled.

He noticed something wrong with me and furrowed. "Hey, is something wrong?" He asked. He must have noticed my red eyes.

I quickly brushed him off. "Nothing, it's just hot in here." I said.

"Hey." I turned back and saw a girl who looked sixteen approaching us. "Jeremy. Who's this friend of yours?" I nudged his elbow.

"Laura, this is Anna. Anna, this is one of my sisters I told you about." He introduced us.

"Wow, you two really do look alike." She commented staring at me intensively. Jeremy and I both look at each other weirdly of the girl.

"Um, maybe it's because we're twins." I said laughing at the obvious.

"Yeah..." She responded still staring at me in a trance. I was getting uncomfortable around her so I thought I should leave.

"I'll see you around Jer." I told him and he nodded.

I was slipping through the crowd when I noticed over at the far end of the gym... it was the guy! The guy who's stalking me!

I panicked when he saw me and quickly went to look for Stefan when I found him dancing with Elena and giggling in each other's arms. I went up to them and coughed in my throat to grab their attention.

"Stefan, back door to my right." I alerted him in a low voice. He turn towards the direction I pointed out on alert. The guy noticed Stefan was staring at him and started to leave.

"You guys stay together. Go find Damon." He told us and went after him.

I didn't want to see Damon again but this was important I had to push aside my hate and look for him. We went through the crowd but couldn't see any Damon anywhere when my phone went off.

I picked it up without checking who the caller was. "Hello Laura." It was that man's voice. "Here's what you're going to do." He said and I looked around the room trying to find him.

"Laura, what's going on? Who is that?" Elena noticed how scared I was. "He's somewhere in here." I told her and she snapped a wide look.

"There's an exit door behind you, you have 5 seconds." I turned around to find the door opened.

"No."

"Or your brother dies." He said and I froze. "What's he saying?" Elena asked but didn't bother to answer her and turned to Jeremy.

The man was metres away from Jeremy who had no idea what was happening around him. "I can snap his neck so fast I bet there will be no witness." He smirked.

"He's going to kill Jeremy if I don't leave." I told her and turned to leave. "No, Laura." She stopped me from leaving. "He's going to kill Jeremy!" I said in a panic tone.

"Now start walking." He ordered me.

"Don't you dare hurt him." I warned him.

"Then do as I say and keep walking." He said eyeing my brother. I glared at him before running towards the exit.

"Laura!" Elena called after me.

I ran down the corridor with my sister chasing after me when I reached the exit door of the building. I tried to open them but they wouldn't budge. I turned around and saw the man calmly walking towards me.

Elena grabbed me and led me to the cafeteria. We ran towards the doors on the other side trying to break through when I was grabbed by the neck and face the vampire.

He threw me across the room hitting the wall and I fell flat on the ground. I groan at the impact and looked up to see my sister being thrown across the table knocking down papers and pencils along the way.

The vampire flipped the table to scare us and Elena grabbed a few pencils before being grabbed by her collar and pushed up against the wall. I struggled to get back up on my feet to help her.

He bared his fangs at her and she became scared. "Elena!"

She quickly stabbed him with the pencils in his stomach and he groaned in pain letting her go. I saw a broom by the vending machine and grabbed it. I snapped the head off with my kneecap with little effort and I ran over to the vampire to stab him in the heart. But his reaction was quick and he grabbed me.

I felt an instant pain in my wrist when he gripped hard around it. Elena picked up another pencil from the ground and tried to stab him again, but he grabbed her by the neck cutting off her airways and she struggled to breath.

His grip on me was painful and I dropped the stake at his feet. He smirked and kicked the stake far from our reach. "I'm going to have twice the fun." He chuckled shifting his face.

Stefan came into the room before he could do anything further and grabbed him by the collar throwing him across the cafeteria. Stefan stepped in front of us protectively when the vampire got back on his feet.

"Hey Dick." Damon appeared behind him with the stake dropped on his shoulder. "Nobody wants to hurts you, we just want to talk."

The vampire laughed at him before turning back to attack us when Stefan stabbed him in the stomach with the stake Damon threw to him. The vampire croaked weakly in pain and fell on his knees.

"Now you feel like talking?" Stefan stared at the vampire. Damon walked over to aid his brother with the questioning. "Screw you." The vampire said through his teeth.

Stefan stabbed the stake deeper into his stomach and he yelped in more pain. I felt sick at the sound of the stake breaking through the guy's organs.

"Wrong answer." Stefan gritted. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because it's fun." The guy answered prompting Stefan to stab the stake into him again. "What do you want with Elena and Laura?" Stefan asked another question.

The vampire stared at us with obsessive eyes. "They look like Katherine." He said.

Damon and Stefan looked at each other surprised, and so were we. "Wait, you knew Katherine?" Damon looked at him.

"Aww, you two thought you were the only ones." He said looking at the brothers. "You don't even remember me." He said grunting through the pain.

"Tell me how to get in the tomb." Damon demanded. Of course he would ask that question. He only cares about Katherine.

"No." The vampire refused.

Stefan twist the stake in him and he groan. "The grimoire." He answered after being tortured. "Where is it?" Damon asked urgently.

He smirked at Damon prompting Stefan to stab the stake in again and he groaned more louder. "Check the journal. The journal. There's Jonathan's journal. Johnathan Gilbert's." The vampire managed to speak through the pain.

"Who else is working with you?" Stefan asked him but he stayed silent. "Who else is there?" Damon repeated more harshly.

"No. You're gonna have to kill me." He said refusing to talk any more.

Damon looked disappointed and gestured Stefan to go ahead and kill him. Stefan nodded and staked him in the heart.

Elena and I gasped in shock. "Wai-wha- How are you going to find the others now?" Elena panicked.

"He had to die." Damon told her.

"But..." Elena stammered. "Elena, he's been invited in." Stefan reminded her.

I was staring at the dead vampire still scared from the experience when I felt Damon's hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" He looked at me with concern.

I nodded slowly. "I'm fine."

Damon's POV

We finally caught the guy but apparently he was working with someone which adds to more problem that could be coming to us soon. I took Laura home because I was still worried about her and I escorted her all the way to her room.

"I'm fine, you can go now." She gestured me to leave without even looking at me. But I was scared of leaving her alone. "You sure?" I looked at her concerned.

"Yes, so just go!" She snapped at me.

I was hurt by her harshness and Laura seemed to regret raising her voice at me. "Damon, I-I'm sorry. I'm just tired right now." She apologised.

I nod sadly. "You should get some rest." I told her and turned to leave. "Damon wait!" She stopped me.

"...Thank you."

I was a bit taken back. "You're welcome."

Silence took over us and we were standing around waiting for the other to speak, whenever I looked at her she would quickly avoid my eyes. It hurts to see her avoiding me like this. She looked away from me at the dance too.

The tension was killing me.

"We finally got our guy but that doesn't mean we should let our guard down. He's clearly working with somebody." I try to break the tension.

"I know." She nodded. "Do you know who it might be?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. We might not be the only vampires in this town so you should be careful." I warned her.

There was another moment of silence as we stand around being awkward with each other when Laura finally looked at me. "Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked me.

"I know you're only staying around me because I look like her but... look at me, Damon." He said and I did. "I am not Katherine."

I looked at her silently taking in what she just said. I know that.

I know you're not Katherine.

I honestly don't know why but I keep finding myself attracted to her when she's clearly not my Katherine. Katherine was selfish and cared for no one but herself, thinking about it now I don't know why I loved her this much to wait for her all these years.

Laura was different. She had a heart and she cared. She cares about anyone that loves her. She even cared for someone like me.

Maybe that's what drew me to her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
86.6K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...
91.3K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...