Still Falling for You [NH yea...

By ChloeLaPomme

Editing slowly January: Toward the future/Vision Fabruary: Hands March: Fanfic/fanart inspo. (by @shamyliciou... More

Information
January - Toward the future/Vision
February - Hands
February - Hands
February - Hands
February - Hands
March - Fanfic/Fanart inspo
April - Too late/Missed opportunities
June - Honor/Sacrifice
July - Movie inspired
August - Cultures/Around the world
October - Horror
October - Horror
October - Horror
November - Crime AU

March - Fanfic/Fanart inspo

208 26 6
By ChloeLaPomme

Manga/Animé: Naruto de Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 982
Published: 03/26/2020
Summary: It's time for Hinata to wake up.
Author's note: This short story has been inspired by shamyliciouss fanart

Flashback

Despite her state of fatigue, Hinata succeed to stay away from time to time. It was often to go purk somewhere or because her muscles were hurting so much that she couldn't sleep but at least, she could be in touch with reality.

It's like that she saw the storm unleashed on the boat the day of the departure. Firstly, she believed she was dreaming but when the sun rose the next day, she realised they really had left the island!

Locked in the captain's sleeping quarters, she thought no one would come see her during the voyage but, to her surprise, the whole crew came visit her to distract her or tell her anecdotes which would happen on the deck.

She too would've loved to be outside but she was too weak and unfortunately, her toughness of spirit seemed to be not enough anymore to prevent her to relapse and to push away her feeling of being trap which became worse when they dropped anchor in a small cove of Kiri, that they reached in no time.

See the continent from her window but not be able to land on it greatly frustrated Hinata. She would've wanted to explore it with the others. So, pushed by the need of doing something during her days, she searched the sleeping quarters. In drawers and cupboards, she found severals logbooks, drawings and maps updating by the Uzumaki themselves.

However, she waited for Naruto's permission to explore them. Oftenly, he would sit with her to read them or to tell her a few of his memories until dust. Then, he would accept to help her go on the balcony for breath a bit of fresh air. Holding her close to him, he would attract sea water with his fingers to hers. It would always impress her.

It was a life full with adventure and friendship like this one that she wanted to live.

***

When Hinata saw the eyes of the man that Naruto brought to his sleeping quarters, she shived. In addition to his light rotten smell, his long white hair and his dark clothes weren't more reassuring. But she said nothing when the blonde nodded. Behind him, the eight pirates all seemed to hold their breath. Narrowing his eyes, the old man watched the younger one before letting a sigh pass his lips and crossing his arms.

So it was him Jiraya? His name was often mentioned in the Uzumaki's logbooks. Apparently, he was the spirit of the marsh and a really good friend of the family, known to be gifted at healing and for his important role in the learning of Naruto's power.

"It'll cost you my dear little client" was the first thing Jiraya said towards Naruto before smiling at the sight of the big and full of money purse the later was showing him. "What Hinata is suffering of is something I'm not supposed to heal. It could change the world's future."

"You know your secrets are well kept with me." the blonde was in his captain mode. Seeing the older hesitate, he added "All I ask you is to heal her."

Once again, his eyes fell on Hinata who felt her heart beat like crazy. It was like living in a dream for her but she should've be prepared for something as crazy as that since she had heard the story of a pirate capable of controlling the sea.

Suddenly, her bleeding started again and as Naruto was ready to come near her, Jiraya stopped him. Wiping her nose in a handkerchief, she saw the old man bented to watch her for several seconds. Then, he extended his hand, asking to see the handkerchief. She did as she was told without asking questions.

Under the crew's gaze, Jiraya spent a good fifteen minutes at Hinata's sides during which, he examined each of her limbs then her yellowish skin, he took her temperature, mixed her sweat and blood to some foul-smelling mud he had taken from one of his small bottles before finishing with his ear listening to her heart.

Following this, he took a black-petaled flower and plunged it into a glass of salted water. He put the glass on the young girl's forehead and she shoved at the contact with the cold glass.

"So, what it is?" Naruto impatiently asked.

"Aedes aegypti or will be named in the future years, the yellow fever mosquito. Hinata had been bit and she was suffering from that fever. By the way, I have to congratulate you, not many men and women can survive that type of virus. Also, I would advise the whole crew to look closely at what I'm doing. Since you all had been in contact with her in an environment infested by that mosquito, it can happen that you feel sick too."

The eight comrades trembled with fear. It was hard for them not to fear Jiraya as they found him strange and not very sociable.

"How do you feel my dear little Hinata?" he asked as he looked at her again.

"Better" she confessed with a frank smile which relieved everyone, especially the captain.

Once Jiraya took her hand and wrapped it around the glass, he stood up and extended his open hand towards Naruto, meaning his work was done. Hinata was surprised by it. She swallowed anything and in less than twenty minutes, he was saying that she was out of danger. Without waiting, the captain gave him his purse without any doubts on his face and, in exchange, he took a bunch of those black flowers.

"Every day during one week, she'll have to hold on her forehead a glass of salted water with one flower inside. No travelling during that time and when her skin will be back to normal, she'll be heal."

***

Seven days later, when Hinata stepped on the desk, the whole crew warmly welcomed her. Music, dance, drinks, food and good atmosphere were gathered under the stars of the last night they were spending together at Kiri and for once, everyone was smiling. Relieved, Naruto cheerfully took part of the festivity without actually letting the young girl out of his sight. She could feel his gaze on her back and, see his face painted with joy, made her happy. She was cross with herself for having caused him so much trouble.

Now that the party was over, it was time for apologies and acknowledgements, she thought as she sat on the bed. When she saw him enter the room, she straightened. At the huge grin he had on his face, she waved him and, as soon as he had closed the door, she jumped on her feet, her gift in hands.

"When I searched your sleeping quarters, I found some threads and... so... I had time to sew it..."

She did her best to fix her mistake but needless to say that his hat wasn't as elegant as before.

"It's perfect..." He said under his breath. "Thanks Hinata."

His so honest eyes made her heart rapidly beat in her chest. Fidgeting her fingers, she mumbled a 'you're welcome' as he put his hat on his head. It was the final touch. He had everything back now and yet, his gaze was stained with a sad glow.

"Now, get dressed" he said as he gave her her old marine clothes. "We're going out."

Anticipation gave her goosebumps. She get dressed, followed him to the barque and once they arrived at the beach, she felt like her heart was about to explode since it was full with excitation. The closer they get to the port, the quicker she walked. It's maybe why he took her hand, to keep her close to him. Looking at him, she saw his face hidden by his hat shadows and, noticing his expression, she blushed.

With him by her side, she discovered a new facet of the night life. Disguised, no one laid eyes on them as there was so many people in the streets. Bars were open, music reigned in the air, laughs busted out here and there. Some pirates had animals on their shoulders, other had women on their laps. They passed by drunk fighters who weren't aware that they could hurt each other and their fights attracted so much attention that no one wanted to stop them in order to let the bets rise.

"Look how beautiful and colourful the dawn is! You know Naruto", Hinata kept blabbing as they were going back to the barque. "I wanted to thank you for all the things you did for me! I also wanted to say I was really proud of you when I understood we left the island. I wasn't expected you to decide to cross the eddies... for me...! I'm so happy you regained confidence in yourself! I... I'm so sorry for-"

"Hinata", he caught her. "You're completely drunk. Focus on your steps and stop apologising. I... I should be the one thanking you", he added high enough just for her to hear him.

"Thanks for tonight! I... I know we could've been caught given your reputation... I had such a good time! And next time, we'll show them how we fight! Next time, we'll tell them our adventures ! Naruto ?!" she exclaimed as she caught his cheeks with her cold hands. "You're all red! You don't have a fever, do you? Well of course not, you supposed to be yellow when you're sick...!"

"Fuck Hinata", he busted out laughing in front of her wide innocent eyes before putting back a lock of her hair behind her ear. "When did I fall in love with you?"

"What?!"

Their steps stopped in the sand. His hand cupping his lips and the expression of panique Naruto had on his face made Hinata understand that she had correctly heard what he just told her. Despite her certainty, she opened and closed her mouth several times.

"You... You what...?"

"Hold on Hinata. It's... It wasn't supposed to happen like that..."

Suddenly, his warm hands caught her arms and all the while Hinata was waiting for him to repeat, she felt a presence behind her. Instinctively, she turned around but a hit knocked her temple and she fell into darkness.

End of flashback

She was spinning too much, it felt too hot, she felt sick and it was unbearable and when she felt she was going to vomit, she woke up. Hands drove deep into the wet sand, she saw her reflection in the salted water. Gusts of wind wiped her face, pushing away the fog wrapped in her mind. A headache rose and she put a hand on her dry blood.

"Naruto!" Remembering what happened, she looked around her and realised she was back on Uzushio island. In the end, her memories weren't matching reality. She panicked.

« Hold on Hinata. It's... It wasn't supposed to happen like that... »

Her heart broke, her lips trembled and her tears rolled down her cheeks. He pretended to have feelings for her to better attack her in the back. But why? Why? She felt to much manipulated, cheated, betrayed to try finding an answer. With her broken breath, she suffocated. The air didn't want to go to her lungs. A knot in her chest tightened, tightened, tightened,...

"Naruto! Naruto!" she screamed again and again.

"Mutiny! Mutiny!"

That scream woke her up. With her unsteady breath, Hinata sat up like a spring in her hammock which kept pitching, pulling her out of the mist numbing her brain. Calm down, she was on the Tenseigan. She wiped the sweat on her forehead. She dreamt of the past, dreaming again of the same nightmares she had during her first nights without Naruto. She pressed her hand against her heart.

Everything had felt so real as if she had experienced it again.

I never ever edited a chapter so much before posting it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784 25 42
VariousNarutoCharatersxReader Ft.Music Aesthetics. ━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━ Updates: Slow Start:[6/6/22] Finish:[7/20/23]
17K 622 33
One-shots for the NaruHina fair on tumblr! Enjoy! https://www.tumblr.com/nh2022
322K 9.6K 30
........ February 04 2019: #3 in Naruko December 30 2018: #82 in RANDOM January 13 2018: #98 in RANDOM January 18 2018: #204 IN FANFICTION December 2...
12K 273 9
I love you.... Naruhina College Au {Completed} ~RANKINGS~ #1 in newexperiences {3/25/21} #1 in hinanaru {5/2/22}