Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All plot rights go to the CW and executive producers, writers and their character development. Heartofice... More

characters & trailer
character theme songs/ships (main characters) & outfit links
chapter 1 - I Know What You Did Last Summer
chapter 2 - True Lies
chapter 3 - Original Sin
chapter 4 - For Whom the Bells Toll
chapter 6 - Handle With Care
chapter 7 - Death and the Maiden
chapter 8 - Dead Man on Campus
chapter 9 - The Cell
chapter 10 - Fifty Shades of Grayson
chapter 11 - 500 Years of Solitude
chapter 12 - The Devil Inside
chapter 13 - Total Eclipse of the Heart
chapter 14 - No Exit
chapter 15 - Gone Girl
chapter 16 - While You Were Sleeping
chapter 17 - Rescue Me
chapter 18 - Resident Evil
chapter 19 - Man on Fire
chapter 20 - What Lies Beneath
chapter 21 - Promised Land
chapter 22 - Home
Bloopers

chapter 5 - Monster's Ball

1.1K 21 29
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Tory: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 4.23 "Graduation", in Damon's room, Damon and Elena kissed passionately.

From 4.23 "Graduation", in Stefan's room, Stefan smiled a small, happy smile, holding either of his hands on either of Alex's cheeks, kissing her passionately.

From 4.23 "Graduation", in Steven's Quarry, Stefan and Alex stood on the cliff over the waterfall.

Silas looked at Stefan. "Hello, my shadow-self."

Silas put Stefan into the safe that they had Alex put in. He smirked, locking Stefan inside, tipping it over the edge.

The safe fell over the edge of the water fall, sinking into the quarry.

From 5.04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls", in the library of the boarding house, Damon, Alex, Elena, Kaylin and Nicola were talking.

Elena approached Alex, placing her hands on her shoulders. She took a deep breath. "Bonnie and Lindsey are dead, Alex."

From 5.04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls", in Liv's room, Liv and Cristian were talking.

Cristian held Liv by the arms, trying to comfort her. 

Liv started to cry. "Luke's gone. Bonnie's dead. Lindsey's dead. They gave up their lives so that me and my brother could have our lives back, and I didn't even know about it."

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the cabin, Stefan, Tessa and Tory were in the middle of the ring of herbs.

Tessa put either of her hands on either side of Tory's head, pulling her further into the circle, standing in front of Stefan.

The circle of herbs surrounding them was lit ablaze.

Tory screamed, her magic lashing out, making the flames burn higher and brighter.

Liv stepped closer. "What the hell are you doing to her?"

"The only way to take Rosalita's power is to take hers," Tessa told them.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", on the road, Rosalita fell to her knees. She seemed to be crying tears of blood.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the cabin, Tessa put her hands on either side of Stefan's head, starting the spell.

"What are you doing to our brother?" Kaylin asked.

"I'm frying Silas' brain," Tessa told them.

Stefan's eyes began to bleed, almost like he was crying tears of blood.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the woods, Silas' eyes began to bleed, almost like crying tears of blood.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the living room of the boarding house, the Salvatores, Alex, Elena, Liv and Cristian were talking.

"Stefan..." Nicola trailed off in relief. "We missed you."

"I have no idea who you people are," Stefan told them.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the bar, everyone was facing off.

Valentina had a gun aimed at the group.

Tory ignored her completely, unaware that she looked exactly like Alex, because she was in too much shock to see Luke there with her. "Luke?"

Katherine looked at her sister in shock. "Valentina."

"Hello, Katerina," Valentina told her.

"What the hell is going on?" Cristian asked.

"Rosalita got to us," Luke answered. "She's in our heads."

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the woods, Tory and Luke were talking.

Tory backed away.

Luke walked closer.

"We saved Alex," Tory told him. "We saved her from Silas. We can save you from Rosalita."

"Rosalita is a lot stronger than Silas is, Tory," Luke told her. "I don't know how you're gonna save me."

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the hotel room, Katherine and Valentina were talking.

"Klaus fed you vampire blood before he killed you?" Katherine asked.

"He thought that I would be around you more during our long lives so that the Petrova Curse could turn us against each other," Valentina told her.

"You've been controlled by Rosalita for three centuries?" Katherine asked in shock.

Katherine grabbed the phone from Valentina. "Rosalita. What do you want with me?"

Rosalita got out of her car. "Your blood is the Cure, Katherine. And your sister Valentina pissed me off. I want her to die."

From 5.02 "True Lies", in his classroom, Wes walked in. "I'm Dr. Maxfield."

From 5.04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls", in Wes' lab, Jesse and Wes were talking.

"The good news about having vampire blood in your system is that's step one to creating a new vampire," Wes told him. He pulled out a needle. "This is step two."

Wes injected Jesse with the contents of the needle.

Jesse's heart monitor's beeping starting to accelerate as Jesse seizured. The seizures came to a stop. The heart monitor came to a stop, flat-lining.

Jesse lied dead on the gurney.

From 5.03 "Original Sin", in the street, Rosalita and Luke were talking.

"How am I still under your control if you don't have your powers anymore?" Luke asked.

"Because my powers are stronger than my brother's," Rosalita answered. "There's still a trace of my compulsion somewhere in your head. And you're going to help me get my powers back."

Luke didn't answer, glaring at her.

Rosalita smiled.

-----~-----

Day One

Morning - Whitmore College - Dr. Wes Maxfield's Lab 

Wes collected some blood in a petri dish, waving it over Jesse, who was lying on a gurney.

Jesse started to breath heavily, transforming, trying to reach toward the blood, but he was tied to the gurney, restrained. 

Wes put the blood away.

"Dr. Maxfield, please," Jesse told him. "Why are you doing this?" He laid back on the gurney. "My insides, they're burning up. I'm hungry."

Wes pulled out a voice recorder, pressing record. "Subject 62547. After his initial transition, 62547 has undergone three days without feeding. Subject is weak but lucid." He was wearing latex gloves, opening Jesse's mouth. "Upper left and right cuspid normal after blood stimulus is removed."

Wes turned a small flashlight on to look into Jesse's eyes.

"What are you doing to me?" Jesse asked.

Wes spoke into the recorder. "Pupils are at full dilation." He waved the light over Jesse. Jesse narrowed his eyes against the brightness. "Sensitivity to light. An obvious eleven on a scale from one to ten."

Wes wrote some notes on a pad.

"What the hell is happening to me?" Jesse asked. "Why am I so hungry?" Wes looked at him. "What are you doing to me?" 

Wes spoke into the recorder. "Subject is confused yet self-aware. Personality seems intact. Hunger remains primary focus. All in all appears to be a perfect candidate."

Wes grinned, turning off his recorder.

-----

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)

-----

Whitmore College Campus - Outside

(Song:) You Don't Know - Brooke Annibale 

Elena was writing on her diary, looking around to see other students on campus.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear Diary, do you ever get sick of me writing about death? It's been four days since Bonnie and Lindsey died. Or four days since I found out they died. Bonnie wanted me to go back to school, so here I am, back at school. Studying, going to class, trying to move on like everyone else."

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Liv's Room 

Liv was sitting in her room on her bed, looking around of the windows, having her arms wrapped around her knees, sadly.

Cristian stood in the doorway, leaning against it, looking at her sadly.

Elena: (voice over) "Liv took their deaths the hardest. She blames herself because they both died in the spell that Bonnie started to bring her and Jeremy back, pulling Lindsey and Tory in. Cristian has been trying to be there for her, but there's only so much Cristian can do in this situation."

-----

Old Witch House - Basement 

Tory was alone in the witch house, looking through the grimoires, trying to find a spell to help with anything anyone was going through, even though she knew it would be useless because she didn't have her powers.

Elena: (voice over) "Tory explained that the spell had practically sucked Lindsey and Tory into it, causing all of them to die. They had to bring Tory back, of course, so the Other Side would stay intact."

Tory grew angry and frustrated and sad, throwing the grimoires across the room into the wall, making them fall.

Elena: (voice over) "I can't believe that we all looked her in the eye every day, and we didn't notice the pain she was going through, especially after what happened with Luke recently, on top of losing Bonnie, Lindsey, and Ryan. And Eliza, we didn't notice how much it was killing her to keep this secret from us because our friends asked them to."

-----

Flashback - 5.04 "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

Day - Mystic Falls Cemetery - Salvatore Mausoleum 

Alex and Stefan were sitting on the bench.

Stefan put his hand on Alex's.

Elena: (voice over) "Stefan had it the easiest." 

Alex started to cry.

Elena: (voice over) "He doesn't even remember Lindsey and Bonnie."

Stefan picked up the bell they had left there.

Elena: (voice over) "Not that anybody has seen him, except for Alex, who is avoiding pretty much everyone."

Alex took the bell. She rang it, crying harder.

Stefan wrapped his arm around Alex, pulling her closer, letting her lean into him.

Elena: (voice over) "She still blames herself for what Silas made her do to Bonnie's dad, AKA, Lindsey's guardian." 

-----

Whitmore College - Outside

Kacie was walking along the grounds, alone, looking around.

Elena: (voice over)"Kacie is also back at Whitmore. Even though she's worried about Matt, he told her to come back. And then there's Caroline, who is back with Tyler." 

-----

Girls' Dorm Room

Caroline and Tyler in bed a their dorm room. Caroline laid over him, giggling.

Elena: (voice over)"He's been a healthy distraction for her, to say the least." 

-----

Outside

Elena was sitting on her bench. 

Elena: (voice over) "And I've adopted my own distraction. Dr. Wes Maxfield. My roommate was killed by a vampire, and Dr. Maxfield covered it up, and I'd like to know why."

-----

Flashback

Day - Wes' Classroom 

Class was being let out.

Wes looked at Elena. "Welcome back. See you at the costume ball tonight?" 

"I wouldn't miss it," Elena told him. 

Wes nodded.

-----

Now

Day - Whitmore College - Outside

Elena was sitting on the bench.

Elena: (voice over)"Besides, the more I have to think about, the less time I have to miss Bonnie and Lindsey..."

Elena shed a tear.

Bonnie, invisible, was standing next to her. "I'm right here, Elena, and I miss you, too."

Bonnie put her hand on Elena's shoulder, but neither of them felt the touch.

Elena: (voice over)"But in the meantime, I choose to believe that they're watching over me, because that's who Bonnie and Lindsey are."

Elena's cell phone vibrated. She looked at the Caller ID. 

Damon 

Elena ignored the call.

Damon appeared behind her. "Busted."

"Hey," Elena told him.

"Hey, Miss Avoiding-Me-For-Three-Days," Damon told her.

"Avoiding you?" Elena asked. "What? We've been talking."

"Texting," Damon told her. "One time. 'Want to be my plus one at a costume ball?' Winky face."

"And you never replied," Elena told him. "So I'm guessing this special, in-person visit means 'yes'?" 

"Definitely will maybe consider thinking about it," Damon told her. 

"It's at 8:00," Elena told him. "Caroline got us costumes."

Elena kissed Damon, standing to leave.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"Where you going?" Damon asked.

"To class," Elena answered. "I'm late."

Elena picked up her things, walking away.

(Song Ends)

-----

Girls' Dorm Room 

Caroline and Tyler laid on the floor. Tyler laid on top of Caroline.

"Oh, before I forget, I talked to the register, and your major is, drum roll, Sociology," Caroline told him.

"How about we don't talk about my major right now?" Tyler asked, kissing her.

"And I compelled you a single," Caroline told him.

"Definitely don't want to talk about my dorm room," Tyler told her.

Caroline pushed him away. "Well, we could talk about the hybrid-sized jerk that you've been for not calling me back. Ever." 

"How many times do you want me to tell you?" Tyler asked. "I've been helping a werewolf pack in the land of no cell phone reception."

"Well, lucky for you, I figured out away for you to make up for it," Caroline told him. 

"I thought I did make up for it... a couple dozen times," Tyler told her, starting to kiss her again.

Caroline laughed. "You are escorting me to the Whitmore historical ball."

Tyler stopped kissing her. "The what?" 

"It's the one time a year where they put their whole collection on display, and everyone dresses up as famous historical figures," Caroline told him. "I got Stefan and Alex each a costume. And Matt and Kacie. Even they're going. Come on, Tyler. I mean, how cute will we be as Bonnie and Clyde?"

"Seriously?" Tyler asked.

"You're right," Caroline told him. "Let's not talk."

Caroline pulled him into a passionate kiss.  

-----

Outside 

Elena walked through campus, seeing a guy looking at Megan's picture on a small shrine. 

The guy sighed deeply, sadly.

Elena approached him. "Hey."

"Hey," the guy told her.

"I'm Elena," Elena told him. "Megan used to be my roommate. Did you know her?" 

"We knew each other growing up," the guy answered.

"Oh, wow," Elena told him. "I'm sorry."

The guy shrugged, grabbing an old wilted flower from the shrine, standing. "Pretty sad memorial, huh? Guess it's not exactly cool to mourn during fall rush."

"Everyone mourns differently," Elena told him. "Some do flowers. Others do what their loved ones would've wanted." 

"Yeah," the guy agreed. "Well, what Megan would have wanted was to still be here. Alive."

"They said she committed suicide," Elena told him.

"Yeah, I know," the guy told her. "That's what they said."

"So, then, what do you think happened?" Elena asked.

The guy grabbed his bag from the ground. "Yeah. If you care about her, get her sunflowers. She liked those." 

The guy started to walk away.

"Hey, do you have a name?" Elena asked.

"Yeah," the guy answered. "I do." 

The guy continued to walk away.

-----

Hotel Room 

Valentina answered her phone. "Rosalita. Cut to the chase, Rosa. What do you want?" 

Rosalita was in her car on a street. "I want Katherine Pierce and Tory Donovan." Luke was in the passenger seat of the car, glaring at Rosalita. "What do you think I want?" 

"I know you do, which is why I took one of them away from you," Valentina told her. "You can't finish what you and your brother started without one half of the equation."

"You really think that you can protect your sister from me forever?" Rosalita asked.

"I think that I'm gonna try," Valentina answered.

"Aw, that's so sickeningly sweet that I just threw up in my mouth a little bit," Rosalita told her.

Valentina rolled her eyes. "Get over yourself, Rosa."

"Here's the thing, Valentina," Rosalita told her. "I don't really care about what you need. I only care about what I need. I'm a little selfish like that." 

Katherine rolled out of the bed lazily, walking toward the mini fridge.

"Then, why don't you mind control a whole town of people and find out where I'm holding her?" Valentina asked. "Oh, that's right. You can't. Give Luke Thompson my regards."

Luke smirked, looking away out of the window.

Katherine pulled out a bottle of water, dropping it on the floor.

Rosalita smirked in amusement, annoyed. "Well, I'm very well aware of my current super power predicament, thank you very much. And even though my powers are on the down low, thanks to a former friend stalker witch who can't seem to take a hint, it doesn't mean that I'm not still brilliant and crafty and becoming rapidly well-versed in the power of cellphone tracking."

Valentina hung up. 

Rosalita smirked, hanging up, looking out of her car window.

Katherine looked at Valentina. "Little tip, sister to sister. Don't piss off the diabolical ones. Can I please get some proper food?"

Katherine closed the mini fridge's door.

"We'll eat lunch on the road," Valentina told her. "Let's get out of here."

"Or just hand me over, let Silas take his little sip of my blood so that he can cure himself of immortality, and we can all be on our merry way back to finer accommodations," Katherine told her.

"A little tip, sister to sister," Valentina told her, pulling on her leather jacket, pulling her hair out from underneath the collar. "Don't offer to hand yourself over to the diabolical ones when you don't know the whole story."

"Indulge me," Katherine told her. "What's the whole story?" 

"Silas needs more than just a sip to cure himself, and he's not the only one that wants to be cured," Valentina told her. "They need every last drop of your blood in your body."

"But I'm human now," Katherine told her, frightened. "If that happened, then--"

"You die," Valentina finished. "You can see why I didn't want to hand you over. Now come on. Let's go." 

-----

Rosalita's Car 

(Song:) Will Do - TV On the Radio 

Rosalita was in the driver's seat.

Luke was in the passenger seat. "Well, with a feisty side like Valentina's, it's no wonder she's Katherine's sister."

"Oh, honey, you haven't seen the half of it," Rosalita told him.

"And I would really rather not to," Luke told her. "So, why don't you just let me go home?"

"No can do," Rosalita told him. 

"Why are you still doing this?" Luke asked.

"Ruining you and Tory's relationship?" Rosalita asked.

"Yeah," Luke answered. "Is it because Klaus and Elijah left town, so you can no longer ruin their relationships with Kaylin and Nicola?" Rosalita tilted her head in answer, looking away. Luke rolled his eyes. "To the point where you almost got Kaylin killed, repeatedly, because you pitted them against each other." Rosalita smirked. "So now that those couples are out of the window, you turn your focus on me and Tory to try and ruin us. Great."

Rosalita chuckled. "Be flattered that I think you two are on that high of a level as a Salvatore/Mikaelson couple. And it's just as much fun to mess with you and Tory as it is to mess with Kaylin/Klaus and Nicola/Elijah. And getting your brother Ryan killed was a fun time, too." Luke glared at her furiously. "I still have a little tiny bit of mind control over you, Luke. And I can have a little over Valentina if I get close enough to her. But, see, it takes physical contact." She ran her hand along Luke's shoulder seductively, maintaining contact to get into his head, straining to do so because of Tessa's spell. "It might be harder to do, but you're going to help me to set things back the way they were."

"And how am I gonna do that?" Luke asked, resisting.

Rosalita leaned closer to him, within inches. "By helping me get to your girlfriend."

Rosalita started to kiss Luke to force her way into his head.

Luke pushed Rosalita off of him into her seat. "You can get into my head, Rosalita, but you can't get into my heart. That spot's already reserved for the Doppelganger of you that is not a psychopathic bitch."

Rosalita was annoyed.

Luke rolled his eyes, getting out of the car.

(Song Ends)

-----~-----

Flashback

Day - Salvatore Mansion - Living Room 

Jeremy, Eliza and Tory were sitting on one of the couches. Liv sat on the arm of the couch next to Tory.

Kaylin and Nicola were sitting in chairs next to the fire place. 

Damon and Cristian were standing. 

"So, as we know, in a psychotic lapse of judgement, Bonnie started the spell to bring Jeremy and Liv back to life, which sucked Tory and Lindsey into the magic, and all of them died in process," Damon told them. "Bonnie and Lindsey brought Tory back so that the Veil wouldn't come crumbling down and everyone was back for good, but to do so, they had to stay dead." He looked toward the other chairs. "May they rest in peace."

Eliza showed him her glowing bracelet, gesturing toward the couch across from them. The glow went from a calm flash to mild pulsing. "They're actually right over there. So is Ryan."

Bonnie, Ryan and Lindsey were sitting on opposite sides of the couch.

Lindsey waved at Damon, knowing he couldn't see her. 

"Whatever," Damon told them. Bonnie looked Damon up and down skeptically. "Hi to you too, Ryan." Ryan smirked. "The whole point is, Cristian and I just happen to know a supernatural being who just happens to want to die, and in the spirit of Nature needing balance and life for a life and all that stuff, Cristian and I think that we could find another, and it would be a huge waste of two perfectly good deaths."

"What are you talking about?" Kaylin asked.

"Something no one else except those in this room need to know about until it works," Damon told them.

Nicola leaned forward. "Wait. You want to work with Silas?"

-----

Now 

Day - Mystic Grill 

Damon, Cristian and Silas sat at the bar.

"So, why did you call me?" Silas asked.

"Same reason you answered," Cristian told him. "You need help, and we're gonna help you." 

-----

Flashback 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

The group was talking.

"From the beginning, Silas' whole bad-guy plan was to kill himself, pass on to wherever he was gonna pass on to, and reunite with his dead girlfriend, Amara," Damon told them. "Or Poppy, or whoever the hell he wants to be with in the after life. Tessa wants to die, and have him stuck on the Other Side with her forever. Cristian and I want to use their deaths to bring Bonnie and Lindsey back to life." 

-----

Now 

Day - Mystic Grill 

Damon, Cristian and Silas were sitting at the bar.

"What makes you think that I need help?" Silas asked.

"Well, for starters, you're still here," Cristian answered. "As in, why do you suck so badly at killing yourself?" 

-----

Flashback 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

The group was talking.

"To die, he has to be mortal," Damon told them. "If he's mortal, then he's a witch, and if he dies as a witch, then he's stuck on the Other Side forever, just like Tessa wants."

"Unless he kills the Key," Cristian told them. "AKA, Miss Tory Donovan." 

Tory sighed, looking away. "He already tried to bring down the Veil to the Other Side. He failed. We out-smarted him."

Kaylin noticed that Jeremy and Eliza were paying attention to the ghosts. "They know we can't hear them, right?" 

"Ryan thinks Silas wants to destroy the Other Side completely," Jeremy told them. "Meaning, that he doesn't want to kill Tory anymore."

"No such luck," Tory told them, scoffing.

"There may be another option, if he knows that we'll protect her," Ryan told them. 

"Powerful spells are bound by something even more powerful," Bonnie told them. "The moon, a comet." She looked at Tory. "A Doppelganger. The Other Side was made 2,000 years ago, and it still exists. That means Tessa must have bound it to something that could exist just as long." 

-----

Now 

Day - Mystic Grill

Damon, Cristian and Silas were sitting at the bar.

"A mystical Anchor," Silas told them. "That's what binds her spell to the Other Side, other than the Key. If I can't get to Tory, then I want to destroy the Anchor. Qetsiyah, or Tessa, or whatever the hell she's calling herself these days, she wants to protect both of them. So, she's the only person that knows where the Anchor is hidden, but, fortunately, she will be at the Whitmore historical ball this evening."

"Really?" Damon asked.

"Mm-hmm," Silas answered.

"I thought you and Rosalita lost all of your psychic powers," Cristian told him.

"Rosa still has some leeway, more than I do, because a spell like Tessa's wouldn't last long on her, not after 2,000 years of doing what Rosalita does," Silas told them. "I did, but I still have my incredible powers of observation. I observed her buying a Cleopatra costume today."

-----

Flashback 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

The group was talking.

"Back to Cristian and my's original question," Damon told them. "Let's say Silas destroys the Other Side, cures himself, becomes a witch. Is it supernaturally possible that he can do a spell that swaps her life for his life once he--pfft--kills himself?" 

"Supernaturally, yeah, it's possible, but this is the same Silas who had one of my best friends murder my father," Bonnie told them. "He as ruthless as Rosalita, and whatever spell he could do, there'll be some consequences. There always is. So no."

"Our answer is definitely not," Lindsey agreed. 

Liv leaned forward in anticipation. "What'd they say? Tell me."

Jeremy opened his mouth to answer.

Eliza looked at the others. "They're in."

Bonnie, Ryan and Lindsey looked at Eliza in shock. "What?"

"Yes," Liv cheered, looking at Tory with a smile.

Tory looked skeptical.

Jeremy looked at Eliza in shocked confusion.

Eliza smiled a small, awkward smile back, already looking as if she felt a little guilty about lying, but not much.

-----

Now 

Day - Mystic Grill 

Damon, Cristian and Silas were sitting at the bar.

"So, we have a deal," Damon told him.

"Well, we have half a deal," Silas told them. "I'm resurrecting some witches with my and Tessa's death, but we have yet to discuss how you're helping me."

"Well, you've yet to tell us what you want," Cristian replied.

"Oh, it's fairly simple, actually," Silas told them. "I want you to kill Stefan." 

Damon and Cristian looked shocked and confused, processing, exchanging a look.

-----

Lockwood Mansion - Foyer 

Tory walked downstairs to see Matt standing in a costume. "Who are you again? Lewis or Clark?"

"Ask Caroline," Matt told her.

"Well, tell Kacie, or your Sacajawea I said hey," Tory told him. "You better hurry and get the hell out of here before you piss an Indian hybrid off about being late." Tory walked past him. Matt turned after her. "And don't worry, Silas and Rosalita are not gonna get me. I'm gonna go see if Body-Guard Kaylin or Samurai-Nicola need any company."

"I thought you were already supposed to be over there," Matt told her.

"I am," Tory told him. "But, obviously, I'm running late." She pulled her leather jacket, looking at Matt. "I'll be fine. Don't worry."

Matt looked behind Tory with a knowing look.

Luke appeared behind Tory, wrapping his arms around her, restraining her, putting a hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming. "Shh, shh."

Luke lowered his hand from her mouth.

"Luke?" Tory asked incredulously, worriedly. Matt watched, smirking. Tory looked at him in realization. "Gregor."

Luke was in pain to do this. "I'm sorry, Tory."

Luke took Tory away.

-----~-----

Restaurant

(Song:) Send Him to Me - Barbara Brown 

Valentina and Katherine were sitting at a table. 

Katherine was eating pancakes. "So, you spent 500 years looking for me, but your search was postponed because Rosalita got into your head 300 years ago. She still has control over Luke, and she doesn't have her powers. How? Why Luke?"

"Because, unlike me, Rosalita took Luke's complete control, because he would never willingly do anything she told him to," Valentina answered. "I only went along half-willingly because she said that she would help me find you."

"I bet this is not the way that she would help you find me," Katherine told her.

"You're telling me," Valentina told her.

"So, you did everything that Rosalita told you to do?" Katherine asked.

"Not everything, but I did some pretty hideous things," Valentina answered. "Still, you did terrible things that weren't forced on you. Word on the street is that, in 1864, there was a vampire roundup in Mystic Falls, and you sold out many vampires, including your best friend Pearl and her daughter Annabelle and her nephew Cristian Hunter. The only one who lived to survive was Cristian." 

"I was running from a hybrid," Katherine told her. "I needed to jet solo. I threw a couple of vampire names on the hit list. Sue me. I also ripped the heart out of Cristian's girlfriend, Liv Gilbert, and fed her brother, Jeremy Gilbert, to the big bad immortal Silas, but they came back to life. I impersonated their oldest sister to make my ex-boyfriends to make out with me, staged a fake fight to trigger my lover's werewolf curse, and his nephew and niece's, AKA Tyler and Kacie Lockwood. Kacie, who you had a threesome with along with Matt Donovan. Ooh, and I chopped off this douchey guy's fingers with a butcher knife once. That was cool. And I compelled Eliza Forbes to be a slave for me even if she was on vervain."

"I ripped a mother away from her daughter, having her killed for my own benefit," Valentina told her. "Well... Rosalita's. But I heard you did the same thing to Lindsey Davis' mother."

"She wouldn't do a tiny linking spell to Alex and Elena Gilbert," Katherine told her. "Speaking of Alex, I loved the way that you shot her in the heart. Talk about a mirror mirage. Oh, if you need any help on impersonating Alex the way that I can impersonate Elena, just ask me. I can help you tone the accent down a little."

Valentina smirked, tilting her head slightly. "We've both done terrible things, Katerina. Willingly or unwillingly. For survival or not."

"What are you getting at, Valentina?" Katherine asked.

"No matter what you did, I've done worse, by handing myself over to Rosalita in hopes of finding you," Valentina told her. "It doesn't matter what you've done. You're still my sister."

Katherine smiled a small smile.

(Song Ends)

Valentina was suddenly in pain, holding her head.

Katherine looked confused, a little worried. "Vallie? Vallie, what's wrong?"

Valentina groaned in pain, holding her head, standing. "Rosalita said that she could use Tory to get her powers back. I didn't think that she would start to get them back so soon."

Katherine stood. "What, you're telling me this is some kind of psychic attack?"

"Rosalita's controlled me for three centuries," Valentina told her. "Doesn't matter if she's powered down now. She still has an inkling of mind control in me."

Valentina saw a wooden cane hanging on a booth. She grabbed it, breaking it in half over her knee, stabbing herself in the stomach, breaking the wooden piece off in her abdomen so she wouldn't try to attack Katherine while the mind control tried to take over.

The people in the restaurant watched in shock.

Katherine looked around nervously. "All right, time to go. Let's get you out of here."

Katherine led Valentina toward the door, running out with her, leaving.

-----

Forbes House - Foyer

Eliza walked into her own home, tossing the keys to her car to the side. Bonnie followed her inside.

Lindsey walked through a wall, walking toward them. "You need to call Damon and Cristian and tell them you lied."

"So I can lie for you all summer as your witch translator, but when it's something I want--" Eliza started.

"Silas is too dangerous," Bonnie told her.

"And bringing Jeremy and Liv back to life wasn't?" Eliza asked. "Oh, right. It killed you."

"We brought them back because everyone needed them," Bonnie told her.

"Now we need both of you," Eliza told them.

"What about the consequences?" Lindsey asked. "Haven't we learn this by now? When you abuse magic, there's always a price."

"What is worse than this?" Eliza asked. "What is worse than seeing you and hearing you... But knowing that you're not really here when everyone needs you back? This isn't enough anymore. You've both sacrificed everything just to make the people that you care about happy, or to protect them. To save them. You've even sacrificed yourselves, multiple times." Bonnie didn't answer, looking down. "It is your turn to live. Let Damon and Cristian try to bring you back."

Lindsey looked at Eliza.

Eliza looked at them pleadingly.

Bonnie exhaled, nodding.

-----

Whitmore College - Historical Ball

(Song:) Bad Things - Meiko  

Caroline and Tyler walked in, dressed as Bonnie and Clyde.

"Wow," Tyler told her. "All of this, and you weren't even on the dance committee."

"I may have emailed them a few suggestions," Caroline told him. 

"Did I mention you're the hottest serial killer in here?" Tyler asked.

Caroline giggled. "Well, considering the crowd, I'll take that as a compliment." 

Tyler noticed Stefan in plain clothes. "I thought you got Stefan a costume."

Caroline looked behind her toward Stefan. "He's James Dean. I went easy on him." She looked at Tyler. "And I got Alex, Liv and Elena matching costumes. I figured, between the blood lust drama, the Damon-Elena drama, Alex's abuser drama, and her and Liv's guilt drama, they've all been through enough."

"What's Liv doing here?" Tyler asked.

"Apparently Damon and Cristian have a plan with Silas, and she's here to make sure they don't get hurt," Caroline answered.

Tyler nodded.

-----

Elsewhere 

Alex was in an Emily Bronte costume. She saw Stefan, walking toward him, setting her empty glass on the bar. "Hey, dance with me. I'm buzzed, and I'm on the verge of having a good time."

"I don't really feel like dancing," Stefan told her.

Alex tilted her head, smiling a small smile. "Well, at least you didn't forget that part."

"What?" Stefan asked.

Alex smiled, shaking her head, taking Stefan's by the hand, leading the way to the dance floor so he would dance with her. "How are you doing?" 

"Been better," Stefan answered. "You?" 

"Same," Alex answered. "You know, after you were linked with Silas, all of the repressed, mind-controlled memories started to come back. In pieces." 

"Mm," Stefan hummed. "Is that why you need to be drunk to have a good time?" Alex chuckled. "Is it that bad?" Alex nodded sadly. "I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault," Alex told him.

Stefan twirled Alex around, pulling her closer. "I don't know how you don't hate me right now."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked.

"I mean, I'm told that Silas and I looked exactly alike," Stefan told her. "I'd think that every time you'd look at me, you'd think of all the horrible things that he did."

Alex shook her head, smiling a small smile. "No. Not at all. I still remember everything good about the two of us. That's what makes it better." She realized what she had said, covering her mouth with both hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." 

Stefan smiled. "It's okay." 

They continued to dance. 

-----

Elsewhere 

On the other side of the room, Damon texted Silas.

Stefan's here.

Elena walked in behind him.

"Charlotte Bronte," Damon told her. "I just saw your sister Emily. Now, how can three sisters be incredible writers? Well, maybe we can dance."

"Yeah, maybe," Elena agreed. "Maybe later." 

Elena tried to walk away.

Damon grabbed her arm to stop her. "Ooh, or maybe you can tell me what's going on with you. Come on." 

"Bonnie and Lindsey died three months ago, and what was I doing?" Elena asked. "I was having the summer of my life with you." 

"Ah, guilt," Damon told her. "Don't know it, but I've heard it can be a real bitch." 

"I know it's not my fault that they died, but it is my fault for not figuring it out sooner," Elena told him.

"Elena, you are allowed to be happy once in a blue moon," Damon told her. "Besides, Luke, Jeremy, Eliza and Tory were lying to us all summer."

"I should've figured it out, Damon," Elena told him. "I know that it's not the same, but I'm not gonna let Megan's death fall through the cracks, too."

Elena looked toward the guy that had been looking at Megan's shrine. 

Damon followed her gaze. "Who the hell is that?" 

"It's Megan's hometown friend, i.e., the latest person of interest in the Whitmore mystery," Elena answered. "I'll be right back." She walked away, approaching the guy. He was wearing a tuxedo T-shirt. "Hey, whatever your names is. Nice T-shirt, understated." 

"Hey, whatever you're supposed to be," the guy told her.

"Charlotte Bronte, one of the Bronte sisters that wrote 'Withering Heights'," Elena answered. "Actually, my real sisters are here somewhere, playing Emily and Anne Bronte."

"Impressed," the guy told her.

"So does a costume compliment earn me, like, a formal introduction?" Elena asked

"Why do you want to know who I am?" the guy asked, trying to walk away.

(Song Ends)

Elena grabbed his arm to stop him, compelling him. "Did you kill Megan?" 

"Of course not," the guy answered.

"They why are you acting so shady?" Elena asked.

"Because everyone around me dies," the guy answered. "It's like a curse. My friends, my family, one by one. I've lost every single person in my life. So, if you had any idea what survivor's guilt felt like, you'd leave me alone."

"Forget about my questions," Elena told him, starting to walk away.

"It's Aaron," the guy told her. "My name. I'll see you around, maybe."

Aaron walked away.

-----

Elsewhere 

Tessa was dressed as Cleopatra, walking toward Stefan.

Stefan was drinking at the bar. 

Tessa stood next to him. "Where I come from, open bar meant ceramic jugs of Phoenician wine."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Okay."

"You have no idea who I am, do you?" Tessa asked.

"No offense, but actually, I have no idea who a lot of people are," Stefan told her.

"Tessa, formerly known as Qetsiyah," Tessa explained.

"The girl who wiped my memories," Stefan realized.

"Nothing personal, little ex-boyfriend drama," Tessa told him. "Let me make it up to you. Buy you an 'I'm sorry' drink?"

Stefan looked toward Alex across the room.

Alex looked toward them curiously. 

Damon walked toward them, looking at Tessa. "More like an 'I'm sorry' keg." 

-----

Other Room 

Damon led Stefan into another room, where they were meeting with Cristian. "Trust me, the last guy to hit her is still paying for it."

"I wasn't hitting on her," Stefan told them.

"No, but she was hitting on you," Damon told him.

"So, what exactly are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"Well..." Cristian trailed off.

Silas appeared behind Stefan. "Hello, Stefan."

Stefan turned to face Silas. 

Damon took the opportunity to snap Stefan's neck, letting him fall to the floor.

Cristian looked annoyed.

-----~-----

Stefan was still lying on the floor. 

Silas picked up his leather jacket, putting it on.

"So you want to explain to me why Damon just killed his brother?" Cristian asked. 

"Well, Tessa's spell mentally linked us," Silas told them. "I lost my psychic abilities. Stefan lost his memories."

"And this severed the link?" Cristian asked skeptically.

"Yes, Cristian," Silas told him. "I can read your mind again. No, I'm not lying. I know you're only going along with Damon's plan to bring Bonnie and Lindsey back because you want your girlfriend Liv to stop blaming herself for their death because they died bringing her and Jeremy back to life." He looked at Damon. "And maybe you enjoyed breaking your brother's neck just a little bit too much, Damon."

"Sold," Cristian told him. 

"I'll cozy up to the witch and sift through her mind, figure out where she's hiding the Anchor, and you, all you got to do is keep him dead," Silas told them.

"Isn't Tessa going to be slightly suspicious when the man whose brain she just fried and who has a girlfriend that he doesn't remember much about is all of a summer showing interest in her?" Cristian asked.

"Of all the men here, Tessa went straight for Stefan," Silas told them. "This face won her heart before. See, a woman never forgets her first love, no matter how badly it ended."

-----

Ballroom 

(Song:) Never Tear Us Apart - Cary Brothers

Silas walked toward Tessa.

"Ah, look who's back," Tessa told him. "Am I in trouble?"

"Well, according to my brother, I am supposed to hate you," Silas told her.

"And do you?" Tessa asked.

"I'll tell you after that drink," Silas told her. They started taking shots. "Good. You like tequila."

"Yes, but not as much as bacon," Tessa told him. "In my day, it was all about lamb. No one thought to cure pig fat."

From across the room, Alex saw them.

Silas saw her watching, smirking, looking at Tessa, making her think that Stefan was trying to hurt her. "God, you have the most beautiful smile."

Alex seemed a little hurt and jealous.

"You're gonna stare at it all night or are you gonna ask me to dance?" Tessa asked.

Silas offered his hand. Tessa took it.

They walked to the dance floor, dancing.

Silas looked over Tessa's shoulder to look toward Alex, smirking.

Alex turned around, walking away.

Elena and Liv stopped next to her. 

Cristian was watching from the side of the party.

"Hey, the other Bronte sisters," Liv told them. 

"Have you talked to Tory?" Elena asked.

"Uh, Matt said that she was going over to the Salvatore house to meet up with Kaylin and Nicola, the bodyguards," Liv told them. She looked behind Alex. "Who's dancing with Stefan?" 

Alex looked behind her, sighing. "Tessa. The witch that fried his mind and took Tory's powers away."

"What's he doing with her?" Elena asked.

Alex shook her head, looking away. "I don't know. I also don't want to talk about."

Liv smiled a knowing smile. "Ooh, you're totally jealous."

"Think back to the previous thing I said, Liv," Alex told her.

"You don't wanna talk about it," Liv told her. "Right. Noted."

Alex sighed. "I need a drink. Many drinks." 

Alex walked away.

Liv turned her head to watch her go, sighing. 

Kacie was walking alone, dressed as Sacajawea. She turned around.

Matt was standing there. 

"What took you so long?" Kacie asked.

"Making sure that Tory got to the Salvatore house," Matt told her. "Remind me why we're here again, Kacie."

"We need a day of distraction," Kacie told him. "Distraction, fun? Do those words sound familiar to you?" 

"Yes, they do, and they sound very tempting," Matt told her.

Kacie smiled. "Good. Stop complaining and have some fun." 

Matt smiled. "Okay." 

Kacie pulled them toward the dance floor.

Matt twirled Kacie around, turning her to face him, pulling her closer. Kacie could actually smile. They danced to the music. 

The shot panned from Matt and Kacie dancing to Tyler and Caroline dancing.

"Hey, you want to get out of here?" Caroline asked. "These costumes come with handcuffs, and you have a single."

"Look, Care," Tyler told her. "I didn't just come back here to get you in bed."

"I know," Caroline told him. "It's just... a happy by-product of us being in school together."

"No," Tyler told her. "I mean..." 

"What?" Caroline asked.

Tyler shook his head, smiling. "I'm just really glad to be here."

The shot panned from Tyler and Caroline dancing to Silas and Tessa dancing.

"So, what brings you to a college costume ball?" Silas asked.

"Look at me," Tessa told him. "Last time I looked this good, I couldn't enjoy it."

"Oh, that's right, the whole 'being stood up at your wedding' thing," Silas told her.

Tessa seemed upset. "You shouldn't know that. I told you that before I fried your memories."

"Okay," Silas told her. "You got me. I might have asked around about you."

Tessa seemed relieved. "And I'm paranoid. That's what I get for trying to marry a lying, manipulative bastard."

"Oh, come on," Silas told her. "The guy must've had some redeeming qualities. I mean, we know he was obviously extremely good looking, but... I mean, was the guy at least funny?"

"Are you defending him?" Tessa asked.

"No, no," Silas told her. "It's just that you've been on this revenge kick for 2,000 years, and maybe hating him is an excuse to keep him in your life. There's a part of you that still loves him."

"Now, I really wish he thinks that," Tessa told him. "I want to see his face when he realizes just how wrong he is."

"Okay," Silas told her. "I got to admit, there's a part of me that just wanted to hear you say that you still love me. That's how big my ego is, but since you're obviously in denial... " 

"Oh, my God," Tessa told him in realization. "Silas." 

(Song Ends)

"Okay," Silas told her, mind-controlling her. "Now, where's the Anchor to the Other Side?" 

"I don't know," Tessa told him. "I'm looking for it, too."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Silas asked. "You created it."

"Yes, I created it, but the Travelers hid it after Rosalita killed me," Tessa told him. "They move it constantly."

"So, what are you doing here?" Silas asked.

"My pendant is in one of these displays," Tessa answered. "It's a magical talisman that enhances my power. I need it to do a locator spell so I can find the Anchor."

"Well, then get to it and forget everything we just spoke about," Silas told her.

"Thank you for the dance," Tessa told him.

"Thank you," Silas told her, kissing her hand.

Tessa walked away, leaving.

Silas started to get a headache, holding his head.

-----

Side Room 

Stefan woke up, groaning. "Hey, hey, breaking my neck, huh?" 

"Yeah," Damon answered. 

Stefan looked at the vervain around them. "Pumping me full of vervain. All we need is a Damon-sized rationalization."

"Oh, the new you sucks," Damon told him.

"How would the old me deal with this?" Stefan asked. "Barrel full of laughs?"

"He'd know it wasn't about him," Damon told him.

"Oh, who's it about, Damon, huh?" Stefan asked. "About you? Your desperation to prove to Elena that you're a worthy boyfriend?" 

"I'm gonna get her and her sisters' best friends back, okay?" Damon asked.

Damon broke Stefan's neck, letting him fall to the floor.

-----

Ballroom

(Song:) Most Wanted - The Cults  

Silas' headache stopped. His cell phone vibrated. He sighed, pulling it out, reading the text from Cristian.

Hurry up. 

Silas put his phone away, looking up. 

Rosalita descended the staircase, dressed as Aphrodite, standing at the bar.

Silas stood next to her, thinking it was Tory. "A little dangerous coming here alone, don't you think?" 

"I can protect myself," Rosalita told him.

"Without any powers?" Silas asked.

Rosalita looked at him. "If you wanted me dead so badly, why don't you kill me right now?" 

"Because I wanted to Cure myself before I did," Silas answered. "But, if I can't kill you, then I'll destroy the Anchor, making the Other Side disappear forever." 

"You talk a big game, but you just can't bring yourself to kill someone who looks like your little sister, can you?" Rosalita asked.

Silas changed the subject, annoyed and bitter. "Aren't you a little young for a college dance?" 

Rosalita looked at him, smirking. "More like too old." 

Silas turned this head to look at her curiously, realizing. "Rosalita." Rosalita smirked. "What are you doing here, Rosa? I can't expect you to be here to have a good time. I'm pretty sure you've had plenty of those over the last 2,000 years of being an immortal witch." 

"All thanks to you, Si," Rosalita told him. "You know, none of this would have ever happened if it wasn't for you falling in love with two girls that weren't your fiancee." 

Silas turned toward her in annoyance. "I turned your best friend immortal when all she wanted to do was return human and die, and in revenge, Qetsiyah turned you into the monster you are now. You hate me, you want to kill me, get in line." 

"Would you believe me if I said that I didn't want to kill you?" Rosalita asked.

"The last time I saw you, you compelled the girl I mind-controlled into doing every single thing I told her to stake herself in the heart so that she wouldn't find out what I wanted to know," Silas told her. "So, no, I don't believe you." 

"You shouldn't have sent her after the Travelers," Rosalita replied.

"Why do you even care about them, huh?" Silas asked. "Why do you have them working for your every mood and whim?" 

"I could tell you, but I don't want to," Rosalita told him. 

Silas seemed to realize something. "The Travelers have the Anchor. The Travelers work for you. You know where it is." 

Rosalita shook her head. "Too bad you can't get into my head to find out." 

Silas scoffed. "Maybe I can." He seemed to be trying to get inside his sister's head. Rosalita smirked, looking away effortlessly. Silas took a step back like something had forced him away. He took a breath. "Why can't I get inside your head?" 

"Because I'm stronger than you," Rosalita answered. "Always have been."

"How?" Silas asked. "How can you force me out? How can you get inside my head? Qetsiyah bound your powers with Tory's."

"Yeah, she did, didn't she?" Rosalita asked. "Let's just say that having a dozen or so Travelers on your side does wonders for the things that you can't do yourself."

"What did you do to Tory?" Silas asked. "You can't kill her like we can kill Stefan." 

"True, but when I have a Traveler living inside of her cousin's head, and when I have her hybrid boyfriend Luke under mind control, that doesn't matter, does it?" Rosalita asked. 

Silas looked shocked, but like he should have known that was coming. "You sent Gregor into Matt's head to spy on me and keep an eye on Tory, and that's why you took hold of Luke. What did you tell them to do?" Rosalita didn't answer, smirking. "What did you tell them to do, Rosalita?"

-----

Underground

It was dark, cramped.

Tory used her phone as a flashlight, breathing heavily. She tried to call someone. All she got was a no-signal beeping. "Come on. Come on." There was a chanting from outside, barely audible. "Hey!" Tory hit against the top of whatever was holding her inside. "Help me! What are you doing? Please!" She closed her eyes, trying to calm down. "Come on, come on." 

-----

Outside 

What was holding Tory appeared to be a steel trunk of some kind. 

Travelers stood around it, chanting. "Aha sha lana. Aha sha lana li. Aha sha lana. Aha sha lana li."

Tory's scream for help could be heard. 

Luke was nearby, looking incredibly worried and like he was fighting to go help her, but it was almost like he couldn't move.

-----~-----

Alley 

Valentina was sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall with the wooden cane still inserted in her stomach, groaning in pain.

Katherine knelt next to her. "You didn't have to do that."

"Yes, I did," Valentina told her. "Rosalita wanted me to bring you to her. I could hear her in my head. But I can't hear her anymore. She's gone."

Katherine started to pull the makeshift stake out of her stomach. "Yeah, well..."

Katherine pulled it out, making Valentina groan in pain.

"You should've run," Valentina told her. "You never looked back before. Why did you stay when you knew that she could make me do whatever she wanted?"

"Because I left you behind before," Katherine answered. "Twice. The first time when our parents exiled me to England. And then after I found your body, and I left before you woke, because I didn't know that you were coming back. I wasn't going to leave you again."

Valentina managed a small, weak smile. "So Katherine Pierce feels a shred of humanity."

"Blame it on the Cure," Katherine told her.

Valentina shook her head. "No. You still care."

"Of course I care about you, Valentina," Katherine told her. "No matter what either of us have done... you're still my sister."

They looked at each other, smiling small smiles.

-----

Whitmore College - Historical Ball

(Song:) Waves That Rolled You Under - Young Summer

Elena walked up to Wes. "And you are Abe Lincoln?"

"Dr. Jekyll," Wes told her.

"Okay," Elena told him. "Yeah. I can see that. So, where's Mr. Hyde?" 

"I don't know," Wes told her. "I am not responsible for my darker half."

"So, would it be totally inappropriate if a student asked you to dance?" Elena asked.

"Who could refuse a poet?" Wes asked. "Besides, you're not, nor will you ever be, one of my students."

Wes twirled Elena around, both of them starting to dance.

"Major points for the dance move, but zero points for lying on my roommate's death certificate," Elena told him.

"Look, I didn't want to like, but I couldn't exactly tell her parents a mountain lion attacked her at a frat party," Wes told her. "I'd be fired."

"Huh," Elena told him. 

"Want to know my theory?" Wes asked.

"What's that?" Elena asked.

"I think a vampire hunted her down, ripped her throat out, and threw her off that roof," Wes told her.

"What do you know about vampires?" Elena asked.

"Doesn't matter what I know, Elena, because we're never gonna see each other again," Wes told her.

"And why is that?" Elena asked.

Wes leaned closer to whisper in her ear so no one else would hear. "Because there are people at this school watching you and your friends and asking questions you don't want them to ask." He backed away. "So, pack your things, drop out, and move back to Mystic Falls."

Wes walked away.

Elena watched him go in confusion.

-----

Staircase 

Tyler was sitting on the staircase, drinking.

Caroline approached him. "Hey, here you are." She sat next to him. "What are you doing?"

"Look, Care," Tyler told her. "I can't do the college thing right now."

"Yeah," Caroline told him. "I completely understand. I have been pushing way too hard, and, you know, you need to make your own decisions. Point is, you're back, and we're together."

Caroline smiled.

"Do you know the reason we're together?" Tyler asked. "The reason that Tory and Luke were together before Rosalita made Luke her slave? It's because Klaus granted us permission to be together. I'm sorry, but I can't live like that."

"I see," Caroline told him. "So, this is about Klaus."

"No," Tyler told her. "This is about me. He killed my mom, and he destroyed Kacie's life, and he got away with it. I can't just start caring about Sociology and frat parties."

"You haven't even given it a chance," Caroline told him.

"I didn't come here to give it a chance," Tyler told her.

Caroline realized what he was saying. "You came here to say good bye."

"I need to go after him," Tyler told him. "I need to find a way to destroy his life like he destroyed mine."

"You know what, Tyler?" Caroline asked. "For someone who hates Klaus, you certainly sound a lot like him."

Caroline stood angrily, walking away.

-----

Elsewhere

Kacie walked with Matt. "Now, can you honestly say that you didn't want a night like this just as much as I did?"

"No," Matt answered.

"And can you honestly tell me that it wasn't worth it?" Kacie asked.

"No," Matt answered.

Kacie smiled. "So, mission success." 

"Yeah, and I have work tomorrow, so I could probably go," Matt said.

"Wait, I'll, um, I'll go with you," Kacie told him.

Matt turned to face Kacie. "Can you honestly tell me that tonight was just a night of distraction, that you weren't checking up on me or making sure I was okay?" 

Kacie hesitated, looking down, pursing her lips, tilting her head slightly. "No." 

"I'll be fine," Matt told her, starting to turn around.

Kacie grabbed his hand. "Yeah, but, Matt--" 

Matt turned to her. "Kacie, I love you for being this worried about me, but I'm okay. Just because I have some homicidal Czech person living inside my head doesn't mean that you should totally stop your life." Kacie sighed, exhaling. "The guy in the video told you to protect the knife because you're the hybrid. And do you have the knife here?"

"Yeah," Kacie answered, pulling it into view. "It goes with the costume."

Matt smiled, letting it fade. "Look, I know that you're worried about me--"

"Exactly, Matt, I'm worried about you," Kacie told him. "There is some unknown passenger inhabiting your body, and there is nothing that either of us can do about it. We don't have any idea what this thing does, or why Gregor wants us to protect it, or why he's listening to Rosalita and Valentina's command on watching Tory, and whatever they're doing to Luke.And I am going to find Valentina, and I am going to kill her for doing this to you, and then--" 

Matt held a hand on either of Kacie's cheeks, kissing her to make her stop. After a moment, he pulled away, looking her in the eyes. "Stay here, do what you want to do. I'll take care of myself and Tory, and I'll be fine, Kacie, and we'll find Luke. Okay?" 

Kacie reluctantly agreed resignedly. "Okay." 

"I'll be fine," Matt told her.

Kacie smiled a small smile, nodding. "I know you will." 

Matt let his hands trail out of Kacie's hands, turning around, walking away.

Kacie smiled slightly, sliding the knife back in the sheath, backing away, turning toward the opposite door.

-----

Elsewhere 

Rosalita and Silas were still talking.

"So made Luke lock Tory away somewhere, chanting Travelers surrounding her so that you can get your powers back?" Silas asked.

"It won't last for long," Rosalita told him. "Not when she realizes that the spell they're doing will give her her magic back as well."

Silas smirked. "Trying to undo everything that we're doing?" 

"Not technically," Rosalita told him. "I don't care why Tessa still cares about her plan to have you trapped on the Other Side with her forever. I also don't care about why you still care about trying to pass on to whoever the hell you want to love that's already passed on. I will do what I want, and I will stop who I want, and I will wage war or kill or torment who I want. Including you. So call this taking a stand, brother, but I won't let you have the satisfaction that you want." 

Rosalita turned around, walking away.

"Rosalita, wait," Silas told her. "Rosa!"

Rosalita continued to walk away.

(Song Ends)

-----

Underground

Inside the steel trunk, Tory breathed heavily, focusing as the Travelers outside continued to chant. She suddenly felt agonizing pain, screaming. 

-----

Whitmore College - Historical Ball 

Rosalita stumbled slightly in her walk as if she felt her pain, holding a hand toward the wall to keep her standing. She smirked, slowly starting to smile.

-----

Another Room

Tessa walked into one of the rooms that were supposed to be closed to the public, looking for her talisman. She saw it on a table, grabbing it, smiling, starting to chant. "Vitto brosche tarem car manifesto fen."

Silas walked into the room.

Tessa looked toward him. "Stefan. Come to see the show?" 

Silas still seemed effected by what Rosalita had said. "What are you doing?" 

"I'm using this pendant to find something I'm looking for, and I found it," Tessa answered.

"Good," Silas told her, trying to read her mind.

Silas couldn't, in pain, groaning.

"Stefan?" Tessa asked.

Silas fell to his knees. 

-----

The Room Where Stefan and Damon Are 

Stefan was still unconscious. His hand began to move, his eyes still closed.

"You awake?" Damon asked. "Stefan?" He patted his face. "You alive again? Huh?" 

Stefan quickly headbutted Damon away, standing, snapping his neck, letting his body fall. "How does it feel, brother?" 

-----~-----

The Room Where Silas and Tessa Are 

Silas was still on the floor in pain. 

Tessa approached him, concerned. "Stefan... Stefan, are you okay?"

Silas groaned in pain. 

Stefan walked in. "Silas. Tessa, that's Silas."

"No..." Silas trailed off.

Stefan punched Silas in the face, taking his daylight ring from his finger, standing, looking at Tessa. "He's working with my brother. Everything he said to you was a lie."

Stefan walked out, leaving.

Tessa scoffed. "That's all he knows how to do. Lie." She looked at Silas. Silas stood. "You know where the Anchor is. Too bad you won't be around to find it."

Tessa started to chant. "A vita exahi. Isespotro adimasero."

Silas groaned. He smiled. "You can't kill me."

"I don't have to kill you yet," Tessa told him, continuing to chant. "A vita exahi. Isespoto adimasero."

"You love me," Silas told her. "You know you love me."

"I did love you," Tessa told him. "And then you broke my heart, and now I'm gonna break yours." She put her hand through his chest. "Or at least stop it from working so your blood can't flow and your veins dry up and you rot from the inside out so the world can see you exactly as you are. A cold, gray, hideous monster. The only thing that can wake you is the Key's blood. Too bad she hates you enough to where she will never willingly give it to you."

Silas desiccated.

Tessa took her hand out of his chest, letting him fall. 

-----

Woods 

The Travelers were still chanting around the grave in the ground where the steel trunk was that held Tory. "Ah sha lana. Ah sha lana li. Ah sha lana. Ah sha lana li."

Luke walked closer angrily. "Enough!"

Luke snapped a Traveler's neck, letting him fall. He ripped out another Traveler's heart, killing him, letting him fall.

The other Travelers turned on Luke, casting a mass pain infliction spell, causing him to scream in agony, while still casting the spell over Tory.

-----

Underground

Tory closed her eyes, no longer in pain. She opened her eyes, hitting the lid with as much force as she could, but nothing happened. She held her head in anger. "Come on!" The steel bent in on itself magically. Tory looked at it in shocked relief. "Please let this be happening." The Travelers continued to chant from outside. Tory closed her eyes in concentration. "Let. Me. Out!" 

As she yelled the last word in absolute anger, an invisible force spread away from Tory's body, almost like a bomb, forcing the steel trunk to open violently.

-----

Woods

The Travelers and Luke were blown back by the force, all of them falling to the ground, unconscious. 

Tory sat up in relief, looking around desperately. 

No one was awake. No one moved, but all of them were alive. 

Tory climbed out of her prison, standing above it, looking around.

Every Traveler was breathing. Every Traveler was just unconscious. Some were bruised and scratched up, but they were alive. 

Tory exhaled in relief, looking up. She started to run away.

Luke stepped out of hiding from behind a tree, watching her go, without letting her see him so that she would leave without turning back.

-----~-----

Whitmore College - Historical Ball - Foyer 

Aaron was walking toward the door.

Wes walked toward him. "Where do you think you're going?" 

"What?" Aaron asked.

Wes held out his hand. "Give them. Come on."

"I'm fine," Aaron told him.

"He sighed, releasing the molecules of alcohol in his breath," Wes told him.

"You know, you sound like that dad who thinks he's cool, but isn't," Aaron told him. 

"Well, I'll settle for that very uncool and mildly responsible legal guardian," Wes told him. "Keys, now."

Aaron handed him his keys. "Can I have some money for a cab? I mean, you do manage my trust, right?" 

Wes sighed, looking through his wallet, giving him some money. "I saw you talking to Elena Gilbert. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from that one."

Aaron took the money. "Why?" 

"Because, behind my very uncool exterior, I do care about you, Aaron," Wes answered.

"Whatever," Aaron told him, walking away.

Wes watched him go. "Be safe."

-----

The Room Where Silas And Tessa Were 

Silas laid on the floor, desiccated.

Damon and Cristian stood by his body, looking at him.

Elena, Alex and Liv walked into the room, seeing Silas. 

"Oh, my God," Liv told them. "Stefan?"

"That ain't Stefan," Cristian told them.

"Silas?" Alex asked, sighing in relief. "Damn it. What the hell is going on?"

"Looks like Tessa had her way with him," Cristian told them.

"So, if that's Silas, then he's not a problem anymore," Elena told them. "This is a good thing."

"Actually, no," Cristian told them. "It's a very, very bad thing."

-----

Hotel Room 

Valentina was laying on the bed, waking up, looking around.

Katherine looked out of the window.

Valentina started to sit up, in pain. "You're a fool not to run. With Rosalita's powers back, she can get into my head again, and she can use me to get to you."

Katherine turned to face her. "But who says that you'll go along with what the queen says? You nearly staked yourself in the heart to keep her out of your head. You're the person I feel safest with. And, you're the one who said it. I'm pretty good at dodging the diabolical ones. Besides, neither Silas or Rosalita need me until they kill Tory. If Silas cures himself before then, he goes back to being a witch. He dies as a witch, well..." She mixed some tea. "He's stuck in supernatural purgatory. There's just been one outstanding question that's just been nagging at me for days. Why does Rosalita want me? Is it just because she wants to stop her brother from getting what he wants?"

"No," Valentina answered. "Rosalita made a deal with the Travelers, as long as they hide the Anchor to the Other Side and do everything that they said. Once this time comes around, she's supposed to take the Cure and die."

"And you're telling me that Rosalita the immortal is just willing to become a witch again and kill herself to get what she wants from the Travelers?" Katherine asked skeptically.

"She won't kill herself, no," Valentina told her. "She wants to go up against her brother in a fight once they're both witches and see who wins, no longer being immortal. I guess it's her way of saying that she's had enough."

Katherine looked stunned and confused. "So, are you saying that once she has this fight with her brother and one of them or both of them die... we'll be free of them?"

"The only problem is that they need to drink the Cure from the vessel's blood," Valentina told her. "And right now, that vessel is you."

Katherine sat across from her, offering the tea to Valentina. "Well, here's to unexpected twists of fate." Valentina managed a small smile, taking the tea, taking a drink. "I'm glad you're here, Vallie."

Valentina smiled. "It's good to be here, Kat."

They looked at each other, smiling.

-----

Whitmore College - Girls' Dorm Room

(Song:) Au Revoir - One Republic 

Tyler was packing his things. 

Caroline walked in.

"Hey," Tyler told her.

Caroline took off her scarf. "Hey."

"Care--" Tyler started.

"Wait," Caroline told him. "I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that... I'm not going to have this conversation again. I can't just sit here while I'm waiting for you to come back."

"I don't want that, either," Tyler told her. "I don't want Kacie to know, because I know that she'll follow me, and I don't want her to follow me."

"Then stay," Caroline told him. "Just be the love of my life. Just love me more than you hate him."

"I'm sorry, Care," Tyler told her. "I can't do that."

Tyler walked past her. 

"No," Caroline told him. "No. No!" She turned to face him. "Don't you dare walk away from me! I swear to God, Tyler, if you take one more step, we are done, okay? No more surprises, no more excuses, no more chances. We are done."

Tyler's eyes were red with tears. After a moment, he walked away slowly, walking out of the room, never looking back.

Caroline started to cry, slowly sitting down on her bed. 

-----

Salvatore Boarding House - Library

Tory sat on the couch, rubbing her wrists, where there was a cut on her wrist.

Liv was no longer in costume. She handed Tory a glass of bourbon. "Are you sure you want to be here?"

Tory took the glass from Liv. "I can't go home because there is some guy in Matt's head that let Luke kidnap me and bring me somewhere to lock me in a steel trunk surrounded by witches. Or Travelers, or whatever they are."

Liv sat next to her. "I'm so sorry."

"They were working for Rosalita," Tory told her. "They're working with her because they want the same thing she wants. Silas to be locked away, or to be dead, anything other than getting what he wants. The war that the legend said? It's starting."

"Okay, no girl could ever hate their brother for that long, no matter what they did," Liv told her. "Just ask Kaylin."

"Then how do you explain it?" Tory asked.

Liv didn't have an answer, changing the subject. "I can't believe that you gave Damon your blood to wake Silas. Again."

"I didn't give it," Tory told her. "Damon took it." 

"But one good thing came from this," Liv told her. "You got your magic back." Tory nodded in acknowledgement. "That means you can find Luke, and you can save him."

Tory nodded. "I don't want to stay here, but I can't go home knowing that Matt/Gregor, whoever the hell he is these days can change at the drop of a dime called vjydit. I just want to find a way to help him, to make sure he doesn't get hurt anymore. ."

Liv nodded. "Then I'll go with you."

Tory looked at her in slight surprise. "Excuse me?" 

"I'll go with you," Liv repeated. "He can't hurt you if you have your magic and a vampire on your side. We'll keep an eye on him, make sure nothing happens. Okay? I'll call Cristian. If any one can protect you, it's him."

Tory slowly nodded. 

(Song Ends)

-----

Living Room 

Silas laid desiccated on the couch. Damon, Elena and Alex stood nearby.

Cristian, Nicola and Kaylin were in the room with them.

Elena, Damon and Alex were no longer in costume.

Damon was pouring a cup of Tory's blood into Silas' mouth. "Wakey, wakey."

"It took a while for him to wake up on the island, too," Alex told him. 

Kaylin was pouring some drinks for them. "So, Professor Blondie knows about vampires?"

"He said that if I don't drop out of school, the wrong people are gonna start asking the right questions," Elena told them.

"Ugh, that's not good," Nicola told her. Kaylin gave Nicola and Damon a drink. "What are you gonna do?"

Kaylin gave Alex and Elena a drink.

Alex took it. "I don't know, but all I do know is that torturing myself isn't gonna bring Bonnie and Lindsey back."

"Yeah," Nicola agreed. "Well, neither is a desiccated Silas in our living room."

"So, the only way for him to trade in his life for Bonnie's..." Alex trailed off.

"Is if Silas's a witch, but the only way to become a witch is to have the Cure," Kaylin told them.

"Yep," Damon answered.

"And when Tessa dies, she can trade her life for Lindsey's," Alex finished. 

Kaylin nodded. "Sounds about right."

Someone knocked at the door.

Nicola looked from the door to Damon. "What?"

"Now, who could that be?" Damon asked, smiling, putting his drink down, walking toward the door, opening it.

Katherine was outside. "What's so urgent? I'm on the run." She walked inside. "Don't exactly have time for a pit stop." She saw Silas on the couch. "Or maybe I do. Maybe I have all the time in the world. Katherine Pierce eludes death yet again." She laughed. "And you six finally did something right for once. How does it feel?"

"Thrilling," Cristian told her, giving her a look.

Katherine shook her head. "Cristian... no."

Cristian rushed toward Katherine, grabbing her shoulders. "He needs the Cure to become a witch."

Cristian bit her neck.

Katherine screamed. "No!" Cristian let her go. "No. No. No. Cristian. No, no, please! He need all of my blood. It'll kill me, Cristian." Tory and Liv heard the commotion, walking in. "Cris... please, I don't want to die. I don't want to die. Cris! I don't want to die. Please, Cris."

"Goodbye, Katherine," Cristian told her, grabbing Katherine by the hair, pushing her severed neck into Silas mouth.

Katherine struggled, growing weak.

Silas fed from her.

Cristian let Katherine fall to the floor.

Silas wasn't desiccated anymore.

They heard a heartbeat, coming from Katherine.

Elena looked at the others. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Nicola asked.

"A heartbeat," Liv answered.

"You've got to be kidding me," Tory told them.

"I really wish we were," Kaylin told them.

"Takes a licking, keeps on ticking," Damon told them.

Katherine opened her eyes, starting to breathe. She looked at them. "Am I in hell?"

-----~-----

5.06 "Handle With Care" Trailer 

(Song:) The Touch - Welshly Arms 

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in a hotel room, Rosalita and Luke were talking.

Rosalita smiled. "Silas took the Cure. He's a witch."

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in the boarding house, Damon, Elena, Alex, Kaylin, Nicola, Liv, Cristian and Tory were talking.

"After 2,000 years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die," Silas told them.

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", outside of a warehouse, Rosalita walked closer.

THEIR DEATHS

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in the library of the boarding house, Eliza, Lindsey and Bonnie were talking.

"It's not every day two girls come back from the dead," Lindsey told her.

CONTROLS THEIR FATE

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in a warehouse, Tory used magic to throw a knife into Traveler 1's stomach, making him stop the spell he had on her.

Cristian ripped out Traveler 2's heart, rushing toward Traveler 1, snapping his neck, killing them both, letting them fall.

 From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in the boarding house, the group was talking.

"Now that you're a witch again, you would bring Lindsey and Bonnie back from the Other Side," Liv told him.

"And that you would find the Anchor and destroy it instead of killing the Key," Cristian told him.

"Yeah," Silas answered.

Jeremy walked in, carrying a crossbow, aiming at Silas.

Eliza walked in."We're just supposed to believe that he's going to bring them back to life out of the kindness of his heart?"

Silas held up a pinky sarcastically. "Did you want me to pinky swear?"

From 5.06 "Handle With Care", in the hotel room, Rosalita and Luke were talking.

Luke smirked sarcastically, bitterly. "Never quite heard that one before."

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin and Nicola were standing by the far wall on either side of two chairs that Stefan and Damon were sitting in. Alex and Elena were half-laying on a bench in front of them, facing each other. The girls were in white dresses. The boys were in black clothing. They looked into the camera darkly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.1K 13
Imagines/ One shots Including: Spencer Reid Derek Morgan Aaron Hotchner David Rossi Luke Alves Matt Simmons
128K 4K 74
The Vampire Diaries Book 1 in the Soulmates Series Season Two - Season Four The Originals Season One - Season Five Kol Mikaelson x OC
12.5K 324 15
Kassandra Mikaelson, Caitlin Harris, Mikayla Labonair-Kenner, Kacie Lockwood, Tory Donovan/Thompson, Luke Thompson, Eliza Forbes, Lindsey Davis-Thomp...
64.5K 2.3K 18
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚-- 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 /ˈ𝐫ɛ𝐯(ə)𝐫𝐢/ 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬; �...