The Longer I Live

Door GerardVillegas

A Sterek fanfic. In an alternative universe, closeted, sixteen year old Stiles Argent feels like the outsider... Meer

Chapter 1: Want to Try It Again?
Chapter 2: Some of Us Are Human
Chapter 3: Not That I Know Of!
Chapter 4: I'm a Nerd by Association!
Chapter 5: Don't Be Such a Sour Wolf
Chapter 6: Yeah, Worming is One of My Skills
Chapter 7: Yeah, Your Urge to Kill
Chapter 8: No Heh. Not the Boring Ones
Chapter 9: Okay, Uh, That's Disconcerting
Chapter 11: Man, Nothing Gets By Those Keen Wolf Senses
Chapter 12: No, No. We Don't Need Any More Good Players
Chapter 13: Yeah, I Think It's Called Lycanthropy
Chapter 14: Well, It Just Feels so Anti-Climatic!
Chapter 15: Your Little Code of Ethics is Barbaric. Just FYI
Chapter 16: I Don't Think Alpha Omega Beta is Resonating with Him!
Chapter 17: Beautiful People Herd Together
Chapter 18: I've Been Scarlet Nerd-ed by You
Chapter 19: I Know You're a Werewolf! Rwwr!
Chapter 20: I Had a Boa Once. I Can Do It.
Chapter 21: For Once, Let's Do Easy
Chapter 22: Just Remember, Remember I Love You
Chapter 23: That's the Best Part. They Only Found Half.
Chapter 24: Yeah, Your Urge to Kill
Chapter 25: It's Always Better When They Know
Chapter 26: Only When We Left Him Off His Leash
Chapter 27: Epilogue

Chapter 10: Because You Trust Everyone!

730 39 3
Door GerardVillegas

"Allison, can I talk to you?"

Stiles knocked on his sister's door before entering. He did not feel comfortable about barging in especially with what he had to say.

With her feet propped up on her headboard, his sister put down the teen magazine she had been reading to glance over at her younger sibling. Then she turned back to her article.

"Hey Big Sis, you look like...you're going to ignore me," her younger brother bit his lip.

"What do you want, Stiles?" Allison clucked.

"I thought we could have a heart to heart," he suggested. "You know the kind the Brady Bunch kids had before they bad made-for-T.V. movies about runaway prostitutes or got involved with bad reality shows before we were born?"

Allison sighed. "If this is about me borrowing the car for tonight, you can forget it. I already got Mom and Dad's permission to use it so tough luck pal!"

"No, it's not about the car," he corrected. "It's your turn to use it tonight. Mom's not working tonight so I'm gonna borrow hers to do my school project tonight."

"You mean that reservation thing Mr. Harris assigned you?" She asked. "Personally, I would have taken the failing grade. I hate to give up my social life to spend it doing extra credit all year. Then again, you really don't have much of one so it's right up your alley."

Stiles clutched his heart. "Ouch! You really know how to kick a guy when he's down! Should we go for how long my brain turns to scrambled eggs once this tumor worsens? Oh Allison, have our parents add to my tombstone: His sarcasm was a truly a gift..."

The popular cheerleader frowned. "That is not what I meant! Dammit Stiles, your cancer is not funny to me at all! Don't you think that it kills me every day that I must think about you dying any second? This might be hard to believe but you're my little brother and I love you." Tears started to form in her brown eyes. "Sure, you're the one cracking jokes, but your family is one who are truly suffering. We're the ones who must accept it not by choice but because we don't want to believe that you'll be taken from us at any given moment! Think about that, Stiles!"

At that moment, Stiles regretted his comment. Sitting on the edge of her bed, Stiles wiped away her sister's tears with the handkerchief in his pocket.

"Your mascara is smeared," he remarked. Dabbing the running lines, Allison managed to let out a giggle between sobs.

"Thanks," she hugged him. "Man, I wasn't planning on getting emotional tonight."

"I'm sorry Oweeson," Stiles replied with his Elmer Fudd impression.

It got a smile out her. "You haven't call me that since you were three and you couldn't pronounce my name correctly."

"L's were a hard thing for me back then," he laughed. "I think I've grown out of my toddler pull-ups."

Allison reapplied her mascara in the mirror. "Wait until you're eighty and wearing diapers again."

"Yeah but that'll be you first," Stiles pointed out. "You're the older one."

"Only by one year," she emphasized. "By the way, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"It's about the new kid Scott McCall," he mentioned. "I saw you kissing him during the lacrosse game a few nights ago."

"Oh that," Allison rolled her eyes. "He asked me out and I said yes."

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Stiles suggested. "I don't think he's the right person you want to start dating."

Shifting her face away from the mirror, she turned to her little brother in complete offense to his remark. "And why not? What's so wrong about Scott McCall?"

Shaking nervously, Stiles racked his brain for a quick answer. "Um...for starters, he's kind of weird looking. You know the arrogant dark eyes and dark hair. I don't think he's your type."

"You don't know my type," she snorted.

"Yeah I do," he pushed the issue. "Blue eyes, blond hair. Someone like Jackson Whittemore." She looked at him funny. "May he rest in peace."

"Scott's exotic, tall, dark and handsome." Allison smiled fixing her make-up. "Plus, he has the body to boot. Why wouldn't I go out with him?"

"He's just not right for you," Stiles stammered. "How about Danny Mahealani? He's tall, dark, handsome, exotic and has a great body. Oh, and let's not forget he has great fashion sense. Both of you have that in common."

The popular teen twisted her lip. "Danny? You serious? Stiles! The poor boy is still hung up on you or haven't you noticed? Personally, I would love for you two to get together especially since you're both right for each other."

His hazel eyes widened. "Me and Danny? Puh...leeze. I mean if I was gay...which I'm not, I think I would do ten times better than Danny."

"Of course," Allison teased. "Only...if you were gay. Then again what would I know? Since I've known my little brother all his life and I'm waiting for the day for him to finally accept himself so he can be completely happy..."

"What does everyone keep mentioning that?" Stiles inquired annoyed.

"Your call, Stiles," she grinned. "You know your family is always here to love and support you."

The teen quickly changed the subject. "So, does that mean that you'll stop seeing Scott McCall?"

Allison clucked her tongue again. "Wait a minute! When did this conversation turn back to my dating Scott?"

"You do know that he is still with that Erica chick?" Stiles advised. "See right there. The man is unfaithful. I wouldn't see a cheating man as boyfriend material."

"Erica and Scott broke up months ago," said Allison. "He told me so and I believe him. Scott said that Erica is mentally unstable and took the break-up hard. She's ran away from home and no one's seen her since. Haven't you noticed that she stopped attending class for several weeks?"

"Still I don't trust the guy," he commented.

"OMG! I know what you're doing!" She exclaimed. "Why didn't I see it before?"

"What? What I am doing?"

"You're taking on the Big Brother role!" She shouted. "With Dad working so much, you've taken it upon yourself to be the man of the household. You're screening my dates just as Dad would do!"

"No, I'm not!" Stiles protested. "I'm not Dad!"

"And all this time, I thought you were Mom's favorite," she shook her head. "I see now that the roles are reversing and you're turning into Dad!"

"I am not!" Stiles disagreed. "I'm just concerned about you dating Scott..."

"I appreciate your concern, Stiles," Allison answered. "But I'm a big girl who can make her own decisions. This overprotective thing you got going here won't stop me from seeing Scott. Now if you excuse me, I'm getting ready to pick up Lydia."

"Why are you picking up Lydia?" Stiles wondered.

"There's a party that Scott told us about tonight," his sister informed him. "It's a bonfire in the woods. We're meeting him and his friends there."

Nervous fear shook the hazel eyed young man. He began to depart from his sister's room before offering one last sound advice.

"Allison, please be careful."

She smiled back at her young brother. "I always am."

There was not a second to lose, Stiles parked his mother's Toyota Camry in front of the cabin on the Aeiwa Reservation. Setting the parking brake, he turned off the ignition and got out of the vehicle. Racking up the stairs toward the inside the cabin, he began shouting for his friends' names.

"Derek! Laura!"

No answer. Stiles checked the vacant rooms before heading outside toward the center of the village. Out in the distant, he saw a large fire burning and several of residents of the Aeiwa standing outside of the woods. He began sprinting toward their direction.

Coming close to the large group, Stiles could see that at least half the tribe were naked and wrapped in large, hand-woven, Native American coverings. Focusing toward the middle of the circle, he saw Laura and Derek also similarly outfitted addressing the crowd. Noticing Stiles in their presence, Laura beckoned for the teenager to come closer.

"Behold, fellow Aeiwa!" The shamaness. "Our savior! Stiles Argent!" She then turned to the boy. "You're fortunate tonight, Stiles." She pointed to the full moon above in the night sky. "For you see, those of us with the Spirit Wolf gene will be granted the ability to transform tonight. You get to bear witness to do this."

Normally, watching a miracle like this would have been awesome but the teenager had a lot on his plate tonight. His hazel eyes stared at Derek exhibiting a sorrowful tone.

"Derek! You have to help me please!" Stiles pleaded.

The Spirit Wolf brooded even more than usual but was going to offer his assistance. "What is it Stiles?"

"It's my sister, Allison," the hazel eyed man explained. "She and her friend are driving to some bonfire party in the woods nearby to meet the skin-walker Scott McCall."

"It's just as I feared," Derek gritted his teeth. "It appears Scott has chosen your sister as his new mate."

"New mate?" Stiles gasped. "But...but why?"

"Because he killed his old one," Derek said bluntly.

"Derek! You got to help her!" Stiles pleaded. "She's my sister! She's in danger!"

Grabbing the young man's face, large claws extracted pulling the sides of Stile's cheeks close so that he could get a better look at the Spirit Wolf's green eyes now glowing golden in the darkness. Electric heat attracted the two as the brown eyed boy could feel the closeness of Derek's lips to his. Hot breath elicited a response that Stiles secretly wished to explore but hesitated for a bit. Instead, he drew his eyes into the Spirit Wolf's and listened to his voice.

"I promise, Stiles," Derek reassured him. "I will make sure she's safe."

Then with surprise, Stiles felt the press of Derek's soft lips against his forehead. Closing his eyes, the teenager inhaled a breath before opening them again to see a naked, running Derek Hale sprint across the field with superhuman speed. Next with a flash, his body shifted transforming into a large gray and white wolf as it disappeared into the woods. However, that was not the only magic that took place that night. Laura and the rest of Aeiwa blessed with the shifting gene raced naked across forest transforming into smaller wolves as they bounded into the woods honoring their heritage and legacy of the full moon.

Watching the wolves vanish into the brush, Stiles clasped his forehead in surprise. "Okay Mr. Coyote Man Creator Person, may you protect your children!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

84.3K 3.8K 23
The kingdom Stiles, Derek, Scott, and Isaac live in is screwed up. They separate the humans until they are the age of seventeen when they then parti...
309 54 19
Leah's life was turned upside down when her mother decided to marry a billionaire and whisk her away to sunny San Diego to live with her new family...
2.2M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
990K 53.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...