The Transfer Student

By XxElviraxX

Elvira May just transferred into Konoha High with her best friend, Elize Chiffon. The pair of them are from A... More

Chapter 1: Rock, Paper, Scissors
Chapter 2: A Heated Dodgeball Game
Chapter 3: The Not-So-Warm Welcoming
Chapter 4: Washroom Escapees
Chapter 5: Daughter of a Cop
Chapter 6: You're Wrong, Uchiha
Chapter 7: You Stupid Moron
Chapter 8: Humble Home
Chapter 9: I Don't Need You
Chapter 10: A Drug Called Lust
Chapter 11: The Cute Idiot
Chapter 12: Deal
Chapter 13: Uchiha Sasuke Is Freaking Hot
Chapter 14: The Last Ride
Chapter 15: A Harsh Rejection and a New Friend
Chapter 16: The Competition
Chapter 17: Feelings That Matter
Chapter 18: Vacation Victims
Chapter 19: Gambling Problems
Chapter 20: The Doom Bringer
Chapter 21: Secret Secret Santa
Chapter 22: Enemy Territory
Chapter 23: Facing My Fears
Chapter 24: First Day, First Night
Chapter 25: Little Red Riding Hood
Chapter 26: All Things Unpleasant
Chapter 27: A Little Adventure
Chapter 28: Scorching Hot Gossip
Chapter 29: A Clench
Chapter 30: Disses for Dinner
Chapter 31: Bring the Heat
Chapter 32: Definitely Not the Hiccups
Chapter 33: Diapers Only
Chapter 34: War
Chapter 36: His Origins
Chapter 37: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 38: A Good Deed For Two
Chapter 39: The Butterfly
Chapter 40: Falling For the Truth
Chapter 41: A Change of Heart
Chapter 42: House Sitting
Chapter 43: The Chrysanthemum
Chapter 44: The Orchid
Chapter 45: The Rose
Chapter 46: Revenge
Chapter 47: A Passed Test

Chapter 35: Just Like Yesterday

1.5K 44 16
By XxElviraxX

Quickly, a week had already passed and Liz and I were still in high spirits. Hana had been crawling along, barely keeping up with the progress that I had made with Sasuke. The only thing that annoyed me though, was the fact that every teacher seemed to know her and love her. No doubt for the good sum of money she put in their pockets. I wasn't rich but I wasn't ashamed of that. I was just ashamed that I would be affected by the fact that her and her bouncy, blonde curls can just hop in anytime and pretend that she was the best of friends with just about anyone. Except for Liz and I of course.

"So what do you plan to do for lunch today?" Liz asked, a smile on her face.

She didn't look at me but I knew what she was thinking without her having to meet my gaze, What are you planning to do with Sasuke for lunch today?

I shrugged, "I dunno, maybe we'll go have lunch together".

She knew that the we wasn't referring to our usual group of five. She knew that I was trying to make a move on Sasuke.

"So...see you later" she giggled, "Have fun" she winked before disappearing down the opposite end of the hallway with her lunch, in search for Gaara.

I sighed happily and pulled my jacket around me tighter as I prepared to go outside. I had decided that the cafeteria was too busy and granted that Hana and her cronies were likely to be waiting just around the corner, I told Sasuke that I'd meet him outside for lunch today, even though the school grounds were covered in a thick blanket of powdery white snow. The snow crunched underfoot as I made my way around to the side of the school where I had told Sasuke to wait.

"Oof!" then the sound of someone hitting the snow.

"Hey...you alright?" that was definitely Sasuke's voice.

There was some shuffling noises and I stuck myself to the wall of the school, listening with bated breath.

"Y-yeah...I guess" the girl mumbled.

I heard Sasuke chuckle, making me narrow my eyes involuntarily, "Maybe you shouldn't wear heels in twenty centimeters of snow" he suggested.

"Y-yeah...I guess" the girl stuttered again.

There was silence for a while.

Then, "Hey, Sasuke...?" the girl called timidly.

"...Yeah?".

"Do...do you still remember that one time...when we were five and something similar also happened?" she asked slowly.

I stiffened. There must be some history between them.

"Hm..." was Sasuke's vague answer.

But the girl continued prompting, "I was walking in the snow...and I didn't know that some girls had put a sharp rock in my shoe...and I fell over and they started laughing..." she sniffed, "But you were there and I still remember you chasing them away as if were just yesterday".

There was silence again, then, "Yeah...".

The girl sighed, "I miss that, Sasuke...when we used to be together all the time" she giggled, "And with Gaara too".

Sasuke cleared his throat uncomfortably, as if he was disturbed by the fact that this girl knew so much about him.

"I still remember that rice cracker shop that we loved so much..." she sniffled, then the sound of footsteps in the snow, "...Do you, Sasuke? Do you still remember them?" she asked, sounding almost crazed.

I hadn't even realized how bunched up my fists were. In the cold, they were frozen in place, in a tight ball, just trying to hold back whatever emotions I held beneath my calm surface.

"Sasuke?" she prompted again.

She sounded much too close now. I was just about to round the corner and stop things before they went too far but Sasuke beat me to it.

"Hey, um, I'm actually waiting for someone...and, um, she'll be here any second now-" Sasuke started.

"It's Elvira, isn't it" I jumped at the mention of my name.

It was spoken so vehemently that I almost thought she was cursing. But at that instant, I knew who it was without having to peek around the corner and look.

"Uh..." Sasuke didn't answer her.

She sighed, "Nevermind...it's fine...I get it" she sniffled, "I...I guess I'll see you around, Sasuke" then there was the sound of footsteps again but thankfully, they were heading away from me towards the back of the school, the exit closest to the cafeteria.

I breathed out heavily with relief, now I wouldn't have to bolt and hide before someone saw me. Even though Hana was long gone, I didn't turn the corner immediately to meet with Sasuke. What I had heard had caught me off guard. I didn't expect Hana to have this kind of a relationship with Sasuke. I knew that they were diaper buddies but from the sound of Sasuke's voice and the tension that could be heard in their conversation...it seemed to be a little more than just an innocent baby bond. I'd have to look into it but first things first, I shouldn't keep Sasuke waiting much longer or he might think that I've stood him up. I trudged around the corner, waving cheerfully.

"Hey!" I called.

His face immediately lit up in a smile as he saw me from what evidently was a deep frown just moments before.

"Hey, what took you?" he asked as he met me halfway.

I shrugged, "I was just...getting some stuff cleared up" I said, not wanting to hint too much.

We sat on a bench that we cleared of snow and began to chat, eating at the same time. The whole time, I had the impulse to ask him out right what his relationship with Hana was but I knew that it would give away some if not all of my intentions. I would have to bide my time and collect information inconspicuously. It would be a hard task but it had to be done. I had to know if Sasuke and Hana shared some sort of important history together. If I just let this go, all my efforts could go to complete waste. As one end of a baby bond, I knew how close you could grow to a person in that kind of relationship where you spent almost every possible waking hour with them. It really left its mark. I ran over their conversation in my head several times, trying to pick out any details that might clue me in on something. But it was all together pretty general information. Only two pieces really caught my attention. The mention of Gaara and a rice cracker shop. Well, guess who I'm asking first...

"Hey, earth to Vira" Sasuke waved his hand in front of my face, "You in there?" he asked with a cocked eyebrow.

I jolted out of my reverie, "Oh, yeah...sorry. I got a little caught up thinking about my...work. What did you say?" I motioned for him to keep talking.

"Oh, okay, well, I was just thinking that maybe we could..." I let him continue.

My plan was already set and ready for execution. I'd get to the bottom of this even if was the last thing I did.

At lunch, I had declined Sasuke's offer of another Call of Duty rematch after school saying that I had a lot of homework to do. It was true. I did have a lot of homework to do, just not the type that he was thinking about. I exited the building before him but quickly ducked to the side and made a dash for the west entrance. Before I could do anything, I had to hunt down Gaara before Liz found him, otherwise, she would ask me too many questions or basing her knowledge upon the questions I was about to ask Gaara, figure what I was plotting. She did that sometimes, the only downside to her being such a bright girl...in many more ways than just one. I slipped back into the school and looked in the direction of the main stairs. Gaara's locker was a floor higher than Liz and I's, with Sasuke. Usually, he would wait for Liz outside. After a few more minutes, the familiar, fluffy red hair came into view.

Ugh, I thought with a sigh, How much slower can you walk?

He was taking his time alright. But thankfully, Liz was no where in sight yet.

As Gaara rounded the corner into the short hallway of the exit, I greeted him brightly, "Hey, Gaara!" I nearly gave him a heart attack.

"God damn, Elvira! What are you doing?" he asked, breathing out to calm his nerves.

I chuckled, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, but I just wanted your advice for some stuff" I said, trying to sound as aimless as possible.

He couldn't know that I was trying to plan something or he'd rat me out to Sasuke in a heartbeat.

"Advice? 'Bout what?" he raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

I shrugged, "I dunno, I was just wondering about a good snack shop to go to after school..." I said in a nonchalant voice.

He narrowed his eyes, "Um, you know plenty, why are you asking me?".

I cursed inwardly to myself, Crap! Think, Vira, think!

I held my breath and squeezed my eyes shut and tensed my muscles as if I were trying to pop my ears. A few seconds later, I looked up and I could feel that my face was effectively hot and most likely red.

I averted my gaze slightly, "Um...well, I was, um...planning to...um, take...a friend...somewhere...perhaps" I said, playing with a piece of my hair and refusing to meet his stare as if I were shy or embarrassed about something.

It seemed to do the trick.

"Oh. Oh!" he said with realization.

I flicked him a furtive glance, then moved my hands to the bottom of my shirt and started kneading the fabric as if uncomfortable.

He cleared his throat, "Well, um, do you have any ideas about what kind of food you plan to eat?" he said, now a bit awkward and jumpy.

I pretended to think for a bit, then shrugged, "I dunno, I think he likes...um, rice crackers...?" I said suggestively then checked his expression for a response.

His eyes seemed to brighten a bit. He took out a piece of paper and a pencil and turned around to scribble on it for a few seconds. Then he handed the piece of paper to me with a name and address on it.

He smiled, "Trust me, it doesn't get any better than this".

I beamed at him, "Thanks, Gaara! I really appreciate it!".

He nodded, "Bring me back one if you decide to go in the end" he looked like a child, his eyes round as if he were begging for a new toy.

I chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, sure!".

I started to leave but then screeched to a stop, Almost forgot.

"Oh, Gaara!" I called out again, turning around to face him.

"Hm?".

I put my index finger to my lips and formed a pleading expression with my face.

"Sure thing" he nodded with understanding.

"Thanks!" I offered him one more smile before exiting the school as quickly as possible.

Sometimes, I surprised myself with my amazing acting skills. I could've had myself fooled! Poor Gaara, he didn't even know what my real motive was. I was currently feeling kind of bad for what I did but I was not going to stop when I'd finally gotten so far. Now, of course, I couldn't be absolutely sure that this was the same rice cracker shop that Hana had been trying to bring up with Sasuke, but I didn't have any better guesses, so I might as well just scope it out.

I took out my cell and texted Liz, I'll be back home a few hours late. Running some errands.

I slipped my cell back into my pocket and sped off of school grounds before Liz could come racing after me. It was about time that I get to the bottom of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 301 16
Y/N was going to Konoha High school. You were a transfer student from the Hidden Sand Village. You saw everyone talking in small groups and you were...
173K 8.4K 69
THIS IS A NARUTO FANFIC Lea finally escaped the clutches of the Land of Lightning. She escaped, yes. But where could she go? She doesn't know anywher...
694K 13.8K 80
Elvira May is a foreigner in the town of Konoha. Orphaned and completely alone, she seeks out the village from a bloody note that her parents had lef...
27.3K 646 33
Hinata Hyuga has never had an easy life. Sure she was born into a wealthy family, but that never.cover up the emotional and physical pain. Her father...