Konoha's Prodigies || Naruto...

By JoelleAu

Highest: #13 in Fanfiction [3rd place in @NarutoWattyAwardss] Every 5 years, the academy will arrange a perfe... More

READ THIS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Opinions + Q&A

Chapter 37

3.4K 147 13
By JoelleAu

The pair of Jounins arrived in the Land of Wind within three days; they patrolled around the outskirts of the hidden village, ensuring the bodyguards would not notice their presence. It was late afternoon when they reached, so the sun was close to setting. Orange and pink covered the darkening sky like mists, it's colours reflected on the field of fine sand.

"I'll bury some cherry blossom flowers around the village, so I can keep track of anyone going in or out on foot or underground." The pinkette informed.

Sasuke nodded, "I'll prepare a place for us to rest in."

The both of them worked diligently. Since this is a desert, there was nowhere they could hide in. The Uchiha casted a genjutsu in a small area where they would reside in, he proceeded to build a tent that would protect them from mild sandstorms. Their era's technology has not reached that kind of standard as of yet.

When Sakura returned from her task, she suddenly felt a weird sensation. Her surrounding was a little blurry and it did not feel natural.

This is a genjutsu! She thought, suddenly alarmed. Even Sumire hopped onto the ground, ready for some action.

"Release!" Once the illusion barrier broke, she nearly facepalmed.

It was just Sasuke's genjutsu. He snickered at her for falling for his trap. A light blush dusted her cheeks in embarrassment as she shifted her gaze elsewhere.

==

He ran.

He ran and ran and ran.

With maximum speed and without rest, he ran even faster and broke his all time record. Blood dripped down his forehead as his body ached and full of bruises. Blood oozed our from his wounds but he continued to run. He barely escaped from being killed by the criminal organisation.

He fell for his trap.

He fell for their trap.

He regretted everything, he should have known that he was suspected and all was confirmed when he stepped foot into the Leaf Village. They knew all along.

All their plans were ruined, they will surely be caught off-guard. With most of the village's strongest ninjas away, this was the perfect opportunity to attack his home.

Faster! Itachi internally shouted to himself.

A branch broke beneath his feet as he paid it no mind, he only had one aim and that is to warn the Hokage.

The mastermind behind Akatsuki, Madara, was smarter than they gave him credit for. He certainly was not careless. This was all a trap.

Itachi has no clue what the Akatsuki are planning at that moment.

==

"Your kekkei genkai is quite handy when it comes to sensory jutsu." The ravenette suddenly commented while rubbing Aka's belly as the little cub purred.

"Yeah. Honestly, my clan's kekkei genkai isn't specially strong, but our advantage is the flexibility of our chakra nature." She replied. "Cherry blossoms can be moulded into any shapes and forms, changing it's characteristics and enhancing it with chakra would lead to various possibilities of techniques."

Sasuke's eyes widened in admiration. "Wow. Your clansmen must have a wide range of positions in a battle."

She nodded, "That is true. Hence, members who inherited the kekkei genkai usually focuses on one field and excels in it. For example, my mother implemented medical ninjutsu into her cherry blossoms. She created a jutsu which skips the procedure of stitching and using the flower petals to close the wound."

"So the petals turn into skin?" The Uchiha asked, amused.

The heiress lightly laughed, "Something like that." Explaining how it actually works would be an elucidation too long and she doubted he would actually understand.

Suddenly, she felt a brush on her chakra strings. Something gone through, but if it was a person, she would have felt a spike instead. Unless if the person took a route out of her range, which is in the sky.

She snapped her head towards her teammate, "I think we have company!"

They exited their tent and caught a white object complementing the darkening sky nearing the village.

"What's that?" Sakura asked, squinting her eyes to catch the small figure riding on it.

"It's a large bird and a blonde in an Akatsuki cloak is on it." Sasuke replied, already heading towards the direction.

"Sasuke! Remember what Lord Minato said! We won't interfere unless absolutely necessary!" She ordered.

He stopped in his steps and watched with a beating heart, hoping nothing would happen to the Kazekage. Right then, an eagle landed on his shoulder with a scroll latched onto it's leg.

"You won't be going anywhere." A gruff voice spoke.

==

The oldest son of the Uchiha clan's main house zipped past security and straight to the Hokage tower, completely ignoring every passerby. Some ninjas who caught the intruder were hot on his tail. He launched himself onto the window, crashing into Minato's office in sweat and blood.

The blonde was surprised to say the least, especially when Itachi appeared in a heart wrenching state.

"Itachi?!" He crouched next to the ravenette who kneeled on the ground, his legs giving up on him.

"Lord Hokage!" A few ninjas landed into the office, wary of the criminal.

Minato raised his hand, gesturing them to stop and leave. Very reluctantly, they left the office but stayed nearby in case were to happen.

He grabbed Itachi's shoulders firmly and stared into the deep black orbs.

"What happened?"

"The Akatsuki.. They found out, they.. have always known." He said between breaths.

Minato's eyes widened at the news and he frowned. "Let's get you to the hospital."

Itachi grabbed his hand, "The village.. is in danger.. All the jinchuurikis may be too. And those teams.."

"I'll make sure they come back safe."

But he was wrong. He sent his letters to abandon the mission and return to the village, but hours passed as it reached nightfall; he only received one reply from Kakashi and Neji. He started to worry if something happened to the rest of them, his son. Kushina would be so furious and worried. The Hokage closed his eyes in distress as he paced in his office.

What happened to the other teams? Could they get into trouble all at the same time?

He frowned at the thought, it could be the Akatsuki.

"Minato.."

He spun around and saw his crimson haired wife standing at the door. The Hokage was so occupied with his worries that he did not notice the creaking noise of his door.

"Kushina?"

She trotted towards his table, concern masking her face. "I heard an Akatsuki broke into your office." She said, looking at the broken window.

"Yes. He.. is our spy." He narrowed his eyes and clenched his fist. "Naruto.. May be in danger."

The woman's eyes widened. She knew about his mission and reluctantly watched him leave the house a few days ago. She understood the dangers of a Tailed Beast's host, but she cannot stand idly by when the risks increased. "Send me on a mission to retrieve Naruto!"

"No, Kushina! It's dangerous, even for you!" He stated strictly. His words hurt the woman.

She gasped at his reply, upset that he thought of her as weak; but it was true. She became weaker after transferring Kurama to Naruto. However, she is still a high ranking ninja in the village with her unique ninjutsu style and specialising in fuuinjutsu. Even so, her weakened state will not stop her from saving her son.

Kushina glared at her husband as she slammed her fists on the table, making him flinch. "I will save my son no matter what you say!"

"Kushina!"

The Uzumaki raced out of the building and headed towards Iwagakure, where her son said he would camp in. Of course, Minato chased after her on the dimly lit street. He was worried too, but he also understood that he cannot leave the village on such short notice and without any meticulous preparations. It was not even a matter urgent enough that can be accepted by the elders.

He appeared before the crimson haired kunoichi as she halted at his appearance. "Bring a couple of people along with you." His gaze softened. "I can't lose you too."

The woman he married is stubborn, she couldn't be stopped and he knew that. He doesn't have a choice but to let her go. It was either her going alone or with companions.

He made the mission official and last minute picked some of the Jounins who were present. It was an S-class mission because of their possibility in combating with the Akatsuki. They were in the office as Minato briefed the team which consisted of Kushina Uzumaki and Shibi Aburame. His village was short of manpower and he must leave some Jounins in the village for protection.

Suddenly, heavy footsteps shook the office as it came from the outside. The Hokage's door was slammed open, revealing a very angry Kizashi Haruno. With his star-shaped hair and thick moustache, it was difficult to not think it was funny.

"Lord Hokage, don't you think it's a little bit unfair to send a team to retrieve your son and not my daughter? My daughter is also a very important and precious asset to the village." He selfishly stated.

"Haruno-san, the Akatsuki is after the Tailed Beast in Naruto. Unlike other countries, we only have one Tailed Beast and we cannot lose him." He firmly responded. Minato wondered how the clan head found out about this classified mission which only came about just moments ago.

The emerald eyed man crossed his arms, "Our Sakura is the heiress of our clan, the successor of our founder, Lady Sakura. She is as important as Naruto, or rather, more important than your son in our clan." He continued, "Don't forger she was targeted by a large group of strong rogue ninjas. She is at risk too."

The Haruno clan head glared at the young Hokage. "If you're unwilling to send teams to save our heiress, I will send men of my own."

Before the blonde haired shinobi could say a word, two respected figures entered the room.

"You will not. Your men are needed to protect this village, especially at a time like this. Further disobedience will result in punishment." Koharu, one of the elders said.

Kizashi glared at the pair as he stormed out of the office. He could only believe in Sakura's strength. When she returns alive and unscathed, it would further highlight the clan's name. He smirked at the thought. Yes, she would return with a prize.

==

Dedicated to @XoWinterScorpioxo for casting your vote in the Angelic Anime Awards! Thank you so much! ❤️

Wow, another update! Did you enjoy this chapter? This story will be ending soon. I'll make Chapter 40 the last. Any scenes you would like to see before this part of the story ends? There will be a season 2 in the future, so keep a look out!

Since the story is coming to an end, do you have any questions for me? Like my inspirations, why is this character like that, what is the true ability of this character, so on and so forth. I wrote this story after thorough planning, so ask me any little bit of details and I would be more than happy to answer you!

For SasuSaku and NaruHina shippers, I have a story which is 20+ chapters in called "Switched". Read that if you're interested!

A big thank you to everyone who voted for this story in @AngelicAnimeAwards! We got the 2nd place in the category: Naruto!

~Joelle

Published: 15 July 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1.6K 13
And just like that, they were gone. Hinata sighed, "I miss them already." Sasuke enveloped her in a hug, "I'm going to miss those brats too." Hinata...
14.6K 538 22
Apparently I'm from the Narutoverse. And I'm the Prophesied Princess? A prophecy was placed on me saying that I will help bring love and light to thi...
244K 8.5K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
2.5K 71 1
OneShot ||Completed|| ☆ This story is centered around our beautiful secretary, Haruno Sakura. *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* S⃣U⃣M⃣M⃣A⃣R...