A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 20: Echo House

3.4K 85 18
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Stiles and his father were in his van, neither one of them was speaking.  

The truth was that neither of them really knew what to say. Stiles had gone over everything that had happened over the time from when he had gone missing from the hospital with him and filled in the blanks about the recent terrible things that happened in town. The first thing they talked about was finding some way to not let the nogitsune keep using Stiles to do more horrible things. That and to find a way to protect him from getting attacked by the Oni who were still after him. According to Deaton, this was the best course of action that could both protect Stiles and protect others from him. The van pulled to a full stop right in front of the gates into Eichen House. They didn't get out of the car right away. They both just gave the place a timely look before they went to share a look. They had to do this now, before either one of them changed their minds. They then pulled themselves out of the car and gave the building another good look. They were going to start moving in but the sound of a motorbike stopped them.

Scott quickly hopped off his bike and pulled off his helmet as he walked over to them. "Why didn't you tell me?" he said to them.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this," answered the Sheriff.

Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "It's only for 72 hours," Stiles muttered. Though he silently thought it should be a lot longer. Scott shook his head. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." He looked at his friend's dad. "You don't know everything yet."

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni or whatever they're called." Stiles bobbed his head. "Wow, that was all actually surprisingly correct." His dad wasn't finished. "Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's...and it terrifies me. I'm headed down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist." "But why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked him.

"He's not," Stiles said. "It was my decision." "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here." "Yeah and I can't hurt you," Stiles argued. "Deaton's got some ideas. Argent is calling people," Scott said trying to not let his best friend do this. "We're going to find something. And if we can't-" Scott stopped right there. He knew that there was something that he could do. One thing that could help Stiles get passed his terminal illness.

But Stiles' eyes narrowed. He knew what Scott had in mind. But he also saw the fear and hesitation in his eyes so he went and leaned in. "If you can't then you have to do two things for me, okay?" Scott nodded. "Anything." 

"One, make sure I never get out." Scott nodded again. "And the second thing?" Stiles let out a breath. "Please find Sabrina," his voice cracked. "Just...please find her." he finished. Stiles then pulled away and looked to his father so that they could move on inside.

Scott just stood there, watching as Stiles just resigned himself to being locked up in a place like Eichen House without putting up any kind of fight. He kept his eye on him all the way up to when he walked in through the front door. He then went to his bike and moved to head on for Deaton's to keep looking for something to save his twin and his best friend.

++++++

Stiles and his father walked on through the lobby of the institution. Stiles saw that there were some people around in smocks, some of them seemed to be in a few fugue states or quiet in a corner. Stiles didn't know if it was because of the nogitsune but this place felt...off. Cold, even though it was pretty warm. It made him get goosebumps.

"Mr. Stilinski," a voice called out, nearly making him jump. It was a doctor. "This way please," she said to them with a small calming smile that clashed with the atmosphere of this place. The two Stilinski men followed after the doctor into the office where she quickly handed the Sheriff the papers to sign before running down the rules. "First 72 hours there is no phone calls, no e-mails and no visitors. We will be taking you from here for a brief physical. In the morning, you will be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy."

The Sheriff looked at the bottom line where it asked for the signature of a parent or guardian. He eyed it for a moment as memories of the cellar came back to him and went and circled parent. He then looked over where he saw an orderly use a key card to open a door that wasn't made of wood but prison bars. He was starting to feel his stomach turn and throat close up. He swallowed and then shook his head as he put the pen down without signing. "I feel like we're forgetting something."

The doctor continued as if he didn't say anything by putting a pair of slippers on the table. "You'll be wearing these, Stiles. No laces allowed. You don't have a belt do you?" "No," Stiles mumbled shaking his head as he took the slippers. She then placed a tray forward. "And please empty your pockets in here."

The Sheriff heard that metal bar door open again and his discomfort rose and his heartbeat started to speed up. "Uh, your pillow," he said suddenly. "Your pillow, we forgot your pillow."

Stiles gave his dad a look. He could see that he was starting to have second thoughts. "Dad, it's okay," he said as he finished taking his shoes off and was now putting the slippers on. But his dad shook his head. "No, you're never going to be able to fall asleep. We've got to go back."

"It's fine dad. I don't need it." He did but Stiles knew what his dad was trying to do. He was trying to use this excuse in front of the doctor to try and talk both of them out of him doing this but Stiles couldn't back out. If he was going to protect everyone then he had to stay here.

But his dad was relentless. "I can't believe I forgot it. I mean, every time that we've stayed in a hotel, the first thing you pack is your pillow." "You can bring it tomorrow," he politely argued in front of the doctor. "Sorry." He then went and kept emptying his stuff from his pockets.

But the sounds in the hallway and the surroundings were starting to further aggravate the Sheriff's nerves and he just stood up. "No, okay stop, that's enough. Stiles, get your stuff. I am not checking you in here if you are not even going to get one good night's sleep."

But Stiles stood up, gently took him by the shoulders and looked him in the eye. "Dad...I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks." He then went and hugged him. 

That made the Sheriff return his son's hug, tightly. They then broke apart and Stiles gave his dad one last look before he moved to head off with the doctor. This time, it was the Sheriff who just stood and kept watching Stiles until he disappeared from his line of sight. 

Stiles kept walking after the doctor as they went deeper into the building. Stiles caught some movement. He turned and saw the outline of a girl down the hall. It looked like she was watching him. Stiles didn't know why but, he felt something familiar even though he couldn't see her face.  

"Stiles," the doctor said pulling his eyes away. "This way."

Stiles looked back and noticed that the girl was already disappearing from sight. He then moved to follow after the doctor as they climbed up some stairs. As they did, Stiles noticed that there was someone at the top. "Hey, do you see that?" he asked her.

It looked like the person was tying something to the railing and he could faintly hear and make out some of what he was mumbling as he did. "What part of the bird is not in the sky?"

"Stiles, wait for me!" the doctor called out as Stiles rushed on ahead to get a closer look. But he didn't stop. "That guy up there."

The guy was still mumbling that same thing for a few seconds before he started mumbling something else. "I can swim in the ocean yet still remain dry." He kept repeating it, louder ever time as he finished tying what appeared to be a noose.

Stiles began to run faster. "Wait! Stop!" he screamed out at him. But the guy didn't stop. He climbed the railing, still ranting the same thing. "Somebody stop him!" Stiles yelled.

But the guy then jumped and fell but suddenly stopped when the noose caught him. He had hung himself and was dangling just a few feet above Stiles and the doctor's heads. There was some gasps and cries and Stiles looked down to see some people looking on from the bottom level. They were all still and watching the guy swinging but Stiles squinted his eyes when movements caught his eye. They then widened when he saw that it was the bandaged up form of nogitsune, snarling and right next to him was Sabrina who was smirking at him. 

Stiles blinked and went to call out her name but she was gone.

++++++

Stiles was taking a walk through the institution, trying to find a way to call his father, and Oliver had decided to shadow him. Oliver was walking in step with him giving him the low down of life in Echo House.

"Most of the people here are okay. The violent ones are in closed unit." He then pointed to a girl sitting with her arms enclosed around her legs by a corner. "That's Hilary, she has OCD." He then pointed to a guy being led by the arm by an orderly. "That's Gary, thinks he's Jesus Christ." He then pointed to a guy leaning on a support beam that was just rubbing at his arm obsessively. "Dan, he's also Jesus." Then he pointed to a girl on a couch. "That's Mary."

"Mary Magdalene?" Stiles guessed though not really caring as he had finally spotted a payphone. "No, she's also Jesus. You'd be surprised how many Jesuses we get." "Great," Stiles huffed as he stopped because he saw that a girl was already using it.

Oliver read his impatience. "Hey, how come you want to use the phone already?"

"Because after one night, I've changed my mind about this place being safe for me or anyone, ever." Stiles wasn't going to stay here another minute if he could help it. Even in the bright sunlight, this place still sent chills down his spine.

"No, I think you're wrong." Stiles turned and saw that the girl on the phone was starting to speak louder. "I really think I should tell them. They're going to want to know the story. The whole story." Stiles shook his head to try and lose the craziness that was pouring at him from this girl. "I really think they should know. Yes, I do. One of them is standing behind me."

At that, Stiles turned to look back at the girl. He watched as the girl hung up the phone and move off. "Who was that?" he asked as he moved for the now empty phone.

"Oh, that's Meredith." Oliver shrugged. "She's a little weird." Stiles gave him a pointed look. "You're a little weird. She's a lot weird." And that kind of weird usually meant trouble. He took the phone but found there was no dial tone. "It's dead."

Oliver nodded. "Yeah. They turn off all the phones for 24 hours after a suicide." "Why didn't you tell me that before?" he asked him, annoyed. "You didn't ask," Oliver said as if it was obvious.

"Thanks." Stiles then slammed the phone harder than necessary. He gave a look at Meredith as she walked off. So, she wasn't talking to anyone but it was clear that she had something to say. That, or this place was already starting to get to him.

"What are you going to do now?" Oliver asked as Stiles started to stomp off. "I'm getting out of this nut house," he said resolutely. Oliver let out a nervous laugh. "That's not really the appropriate way to describe a facility like this."

Stiles just kept walking until he spotted a familiar wave of brown hair. He caught a glimpse of the girl's face and he stopped. "Malia?" She turned fully around and saw that it was Malia. Malia Tate. Stiles had a flash from last night and realized that Malia was the one who had been watching him when he had first come in. He wondered what she was doing here. She was just staring at him with a surprised look on her face. "Uh hey, it's Stiles. Do you remember me? I'm friends with Scott and S-"

"Sabrina," Malia said, finishing his sentence.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. Remember, we were the ones who helped you out with-"

But he didn't finish as Malia went and threw a punch across his face. A second later, they were surrounded by orderlies. "Hey, Malia!" one of them, a big one, yelled as he went to take her arms and pull them behind her. 

Another orderly came behind Stiles and pushed him to the ground to restrain him. "Hey, what the hell?" Stiles said trying to fight through his hold. "She hit me!"

Malia struggled and so another one came to help the first one.

"A few more like this, Malia, and you're headed to the closed unit," the big orderly restraining Malia spat out. He and his fellow orderly then lifted Malia and moved to carry her away.

Stiles was still being restrained and pushed to the ground. "Okay, wait. Stop. I didn't do anything," he argued with the guy who didn't loosen his grip on him. "Stop!" 

Stiles tilted his head but he froze when he took a good look at the floor that he was being pushed against. The glass fixtures built into it were familiar. It took a moment but then it came back to him. They were the glass fixtures that helped provide the source of light for the basement that he had been kept by the Nogitsune in his hallucination when he had disappeared.

"Enough!" a new voice shouted out at the orderly. It was Ms. Morrell. "Enough!" The man then let Stiles go and stepped away from him. She then bent down next to Stiles who was still staring at the floor. She noticed the look on his face. "Stiles," she said making him look up at her. "You saw something, didn't you?"

"The basement. I've been down there before."

++++++

Stiles moved off to find his way towards the basement level. That had to be where the room was where he found the Nogitsune. There was something in that room that was important and he had to find out what. It might help to finally stop this thing. He checked the halls and silently moved through them until he found the corridor where the stairs were to gain access. He went for the door and tried to open it, but he found it locked. He tried to push his way in but the door wouldn't give.

"What are you doing?" a voice asked spooking him.

Stiles gasped but relaxed when he saw that it was just Oliver. "Uh, I need to get through here. To the basement."

Oliver smiled at him. "Doctors don't even have a key to this door. Only Brunski." "Is that the head orderly?" Oliver nodded. "He's got keys to everything in here." Stiles had to get those keys. "Does he keep them on him all the time?" he asked.

Oliver nodded as his smile turned a little mischievous. "If you want them...you'll probably have to find a way to trick him."

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Yeah well a part of me is getting very good at playing tricks," he said spitefully.

Stiles then moved to head on off. Oliver looked over at him walking away with a small, dark smile on his face.

++++++

The lounge area was full of people and noise as they watched Oliver pushing Malia to the ground before moving to keep her from getting back up.

"You're lying!" he screamed at her. "You're a liar!"

The noise quickly drew the attention from the orderlies and they ran at breakneck pace over for them. "What the hell's going on?!"

"Get this nut-job off of me!" Malia hissed at them.

"No! You're a liar!" Oliver spat as Brunski and another orderly went and started to pull Oliver off. "She said that they drill holes in your head. She said they're going to put a hole in my head!" he cried as he was dragged off.

"Okay?" Stiles mumbled as he went over and helped Malia to her feet.

Malia subtly put the keys in his hand which he quickly pocketed. The two of them went off and looked at Oliver who sent them a wide smile before he resumed fighting against the orderlies' grip.

"No, please. Come on, please don't! Please don't drill a hole in my head!" Oliver cried as he was led away.

Stiles then loosened his hold on Malia who had a big smile on her face as she watched Oliver being carried off kicking and screaming. "You okay?" he asked her. She nodded. "Yeah," she breathed out to him with a breathless smile.

++++++

Stiles made his way for the basement door and began to try to open the door. Unfortunately, Stiles didn't know which key was the one. And it looked like there were at least two dozen of them. He tried one after the other but the door wouldn't open.

"I thought this guy had a key to everything," he mumbled heatedly as he couldn't open the door and moved to try another key.

But then a hand slammed right on his shoulder blade. It was Brunski. "I do," he said happily at him. Stiles let out a defeated huff before he held the keys up to him. Brunski went to snatch them away. "But no one has the key to that room."

He then went and yanked Stiles away from the door before he led him off. Stiles tried to fight through Brunski's grip on him but the man was too strong for him. His tight grip on him began to put a painful pressure on his arms in his weakening state. He flagged down two orderlies on the way and they grabbed him as Brunski led them off further into the institution. Their joint grip was even more stronger than Brunski's was and Stiles' couldn't move to get away from them. Stiles then noticed that they were in a part of Eichen House that he didn't recognize.

"Yeah, uh I don't think my room is this way," Stiles said to them.

Brunski let an amused snort loose as he kept leading the way without stopping. Stiles began to notice that the windows of each of these rooms were barred up. They finally stopped at one of them and Brunski went to open it.

"You're not going to your room tonight. For you, it's the quiet room little man," he said as the orderlies led Stiles in. He then lifted the bottle of pills that he took from Stiles' pocket. "Want to tell us where you got these?"

"A vending machine," Stiles snipped out even though he was still being held by his arms.

Brunski shook his head in amusement as he reached for a syringe. "I always love the sarcastic ones." He then held the needle out to one of the others. "Give him five of Haldol," he told him.

Stiles' eyes widened as he tried to back away but the orderly still holding him tightened his grip and moved to keep him from moving. "Wait. What is that?" Stiles cried out. "Is that a sedative?" Stiles' heart start racing. "Hang on, no. I can't go to sleep. Okay, I'm sorry," he said trying to keep fighting to get away. "Get off me, man!" But the orderly went and stuck the syringe and pumped him full of the sedative. Immediately, Stiles started to feel his body get heavier and the orderlies dropped him. "I can't go to sleep. You don't understand," he mumbled weakly as they started to walk away. "I got to stay awake I got to-."

But Stiles found himself lying flat on the floor as his vision started to blur. His last clear image was of Brunski smirking and laughing down at him. Then everything went black.  

++++++

Stiles slowly opened his eyes to find that he was looking into soft beams of light. He then took a moment to realize that he was locked in some kind of a locker. He began to try to push on the door and then pound on it to get himself out.

"Hey, let me out. Let me out!" he screamed.

But he stopped when a shadow passed through. Stiles' eyes widened when he saw that it was the Nogitsune in its bandaged form. Stiles quickly moved to let his back hit the back of the locker and quieted himself down.

The Nogitsune walked across from the locker to the others and began to move its bandaged hands across the locks. "Let me in," he said to Stiles.

Stiles grit his teeth. "What? What do you mean?" "You know," the Nogitsune slurred out. Stiles shook his head. "Okay, screw you, and your stupid riddles," he bit out.

But the Nogitsune slammed its hand at the locker next to him in anger. "No riddle this time, Stiles!" it spat out in mild anger. "You know what it means."

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Let me out. Just let me out. Let me out. Just let me out!"

The Nogitsune moved like lightning to the front of the locker. "Let me in!" it roared.

"NO!" Stiles roared back.

The next thing Stiles knew, he was being grabbed but not by the Nogitsune, by Malia."No, no, no," she said quickly at him as she kept him from shaking around too much. "Shh, shut up," she hissed at him.

Stiles let himself breathe as he realized that he was back in the quiet room at Eichen House. He saw that the door was wide open. Stiles felt his heart settle and his nerves start to loosen up as he stared into Malia's urgent face. "How did you get in here?" he asked.

"Sabrina told me to break the lock, so I did. If I concentrate I cam be pretty strong," she said with a mild smile. "Get up." She then moved to pick him up. "Wait," Stiles stopped Malia from leaving. "How did Sabrina tell you to break the lock?" 

"With this," said Malia as she pulled out a folded piece of paper from her pocket. Stiles grabbed the paper from her and unfolded it. 

Stiles is in the Quiet Room. Break the lock and free him.

-Sabrina

Stiles recognized the handwriting. It was Sabrina's but how did Malia end up getting this note from her? Stiles shook his head and pocketed the note. He would focus on the note later. Right now, he needed to get into the basement.

It seemed like Malia read his mind. "There's another way into the basement. Through the closed unit. Where they keep the real psychos." She then moved to lead the way.

"Oh, fun," Stiles coughed out before he followed after her.

++++++

Malia led Stiles through the closed unit, quietly, as they made their way down a dusty staircase at the end where they came upon the door leading into the basement level. As they stepped in, Stiles had a strong sense of dejavu. This was definitely the place where he had been taken, or thought to have been taken. He quickly found the spot where he thought that he had been caught by a trap and looked up at the roof to see the glass where the moonlight shined in.

"Do you know what you're looking for?" Malia asked to snap him out of his recounting daze.

He nodded as he went to easily find the other thing he remembered from his time down here. "Something to do with that," he said pointing at the part of the wall where the reverse 5 was carved into it.

Malia went and bent over to run her fingers across it. "What does it mean?" "Self," Stiles said as he glared at it. She nodded. "Maybe you should tell me more."

He shook his head. "You might not like me if you know any more."

Malia stood up and faced him. "Try to remember that I'm a werecoyote who murdered her own family. I won't judge. I promise. I didn't judge Sabrina." 

Stiles looked at her. "When did you meet her?" "In the woods. She showed me her blue eyes. I knew she had killed someone in her life but I'm not judging her." 

Stiles let a sigh loose. He then began to tell her all about how Scott and Sabrina were werewolves. He then told her about how he and Sabrina became possessed by a dark fox spirit. He explained that the spirit then used the two to go on a rampage that left many people hurt or killed in this town. Lastly, he told her how Sabrina was still missing and that no one could find her at the moment. Malia listened and when Stiles was finished she stayed silent for a few moments before she slowly nodded. "Okay...wow, and I thought I had issues," she said nonchalantly.  

That had Stiles let out a deep puff of air from his nose as he looked down and fought himself to not laugh. He let his gaze wander before he noticed a few filing boxes stacked up against the wall not too far away. "Hey do you see that?" he asked before he moved over to them. He took one of them and Malia took another and they moved over to where they spotted a couch at the far side of the room.

"What do you think these are?" Malia asked as she began to take what appeared to be folders.

Stiles grabbed a stack out of his box and he immediately recognized them from what he'd seen at the Sheriff's station. "They're case files. Records of all the procedures and treatments they did here to try and help patients. Help me look through these."

Malia moved through some folders before she found a file with actual pictures of what they used to do. Very well done pictures. "This place definitely used to be a lot more fun. Electroshock, Ice baths, Trepanation?"

At that, Stiles looked up. "That's what Oliver was talking about. Trepanation is when they drill into your head," he explained to her. Malia threw the pictures aside. "No wonder they don't want anyone down here."

Stiles threw what he was holding aside too. "There's nothing here." Stiles didn't understand. Why would he have been in this place with the Nogitsune if it wasn't important somehow. His instincts were telling him that this couldn't have been random. It had to mean something. At the trail of thought about the Nogitsune, Stiles remembered his markings. "Uh Malia, could you do me a favor?" He moved to lift the back of his shirt up. "Could you check the lines on my back? Tell me if they're fading."

Malia looked and saw that his back was almost clear. "Yeah, they're almost gone." She felt Stiles stiffen after she said that. "I'm guessing that's bad?"

"Very bad," he mumbled. Morrell had told him that he had two days at best but it looked like he was stuck at the worst case scenario. As Malia went to pull his shirt back down, her hands grazed his back and he flinched a bit. "Oh," he cried out.

She pulled her hands away. "Sorry. I told you, I'm always cold."

Stiles saw Malia inch away from him as she tried to fold her hands and he looked down at his feet.

"You miss her, don't you?" 

Stiles looked back up at Malia. "Who?" he asked. Malia rolled her eyes. "Sabrina, obviously." Stiles nodded. "Yeah, I do." Stiles then rubbed his hands. "Wherever she is...I just hope that she is okay." 

"I'm sure she is." Malia then let a breath loose. "What is she like?" she asked, surprising Stiles. "She has a friendly, outgoing personality and she gets along with pretty much everyone." A smile crept onto his lip as he let out a chuckle. "You know, I remember the day I met her." Stiles straightened himself up more on the couch. 

"I was four years old and my dad had taken me to the park. I immediately walked over to the sandbox, but it wasn't empty. There were a pair of twins in it, building a sandcastle. I climbed in and the boy looked up and invited me to join. So I sat down across from his sister and when she looked up and smiled at me," Malia saw Stiles' smile grew as he continued on telling the story. "I looked into her eyes and felt my entire world flip. That day...I knew she would be one of the most important person in my life."

Malia smiled. "I want to be her friend." Stiles chuckled softly. "I bet she would want to be your friend as well." Malia's smile grew bigger but dropped it as she narrowed her eyes and broke the "Stiles?"

"Hmm?" he said back, keeping his gaze on her.

Her ears then picked up a sound, like a light breeze and it was coming from the wall that had the symbol on it. "Stiles," she said getting up from the couch. "What?" he asked getting up after her. Malia led him to the wall and ran her hand across it where she felt the small wind coming off it. She then went to knock at the wall where it made an echoing sound. "Do you hear that?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes. The wall was hollow. "There's something back there." He quickly looked around and found a small metal pole leaning on the side. "Get back," he told her. Malia moved away and he went and whacked at the wall. He whacked and hit at it with everything he had until he made a giant hole clean through it. He looked inside and his eyes widened. Inside, was a familiar bandaged figure in a leather jacket. It looked more decayed than what he was used to seeing but there was no doubt. "It's him," he told her.  

"The Nogitsune?" Malia asked as she looked at it.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah," he said with some anger.

So this is why he had seen this place. It was where the Nogitsune had been the entire time. But, as he looked at the thing, he saw that it wasn't moving. It looked like it had been here for a long time though. There was webbing and dust all over this thing. Malia went over and started to search it. She tried very hard not to vomit as she touched it. She found a pocket and dug into it, pulling out a picture. She gave it a look before handing it to him. "Recognize them?"

Stiles looked at the photo of what appeared to be two people. One of them, he didn't recognize. But the other, he knew this person all too well. "One of them." He then stood up. "I've got to get this to Scott." He had to know. Someone had known exactly what was happening but had been playing dumb to all of them the entire time.

But before they could do anything else, Stiles felt a sharp pain at his back as he was shocked by a taser. Stiles fell to the floor and crawled to the wall. Malia turned around and saw that it was Oliver. Stiles moved to sit with his back to the wall and faced him.

Oliver glared at them. "You took Brunski's keys, I took his stun gun," he said as he looked at the thing in his hand with a smile. He then quickly sent a shock right at Malia's stomach and made her knees give out so that she slid to the floor. He then brought out a syringe. "I also got his Haldol." He then went and injected her with it and Malia slowly lost consciousness. "Like I was saying Stiles, I heard they used to do trepanation here."

Stiles tried to fight through the shock to his system but he still found himself barely able to move. "Oliver," he choked out. "What are you doing?"

Oliver then went over and picked up what appeared to be a drill. "I'm going to let the evil spirits out." He then went and started to drill, letting the sound of it echo through the room. He then went and struck at Stiles with the butt of the drill.

When Stiles awoke, he found himself looking right up at Oliver who was looking down at him with a smile on his face.

"Oliver?" he mumbled out.

"I borrowed a few pointers from the Five Point Restraint."

Stiles then looked to see that he was completely strapped to the chair with by his wrists and feet. "Oliver, stop this," he said harshly to him. But Oliver just went and let out a few hard coughs. When he moved his hand, he revealed that he had coughed out blood, and a fly.

Stiles didn't know why but his blood chilled at the sight of the fly. "Oliver, listen to me. Stop! Oliver! Stop!" he screamed as Oliver brought it closer to his head.

"Start with her!" Oliver stopped the drill and looked over at the end of the room. Stiles' eyes widened. He knew that voice. Oliver put the drill down and walked off giving Stiles a clear view of the Nogitsune.

"You did this?" Stiles said as he glared at it. "You got into his head."

"Every Dracula needs a Renfield," it said to him in amusement.

Stiles grit his teeth as he looked over at the hole that he had made where he saw the Nogitsune's body. He then looked over to Oliver. He watched as Oliver pulled and tested all of Malia's restraints. "Let her go." he said to the Nogitsune.

It looked back at him. "Let me in," he told him. Stiles moved to try and snap the restraints on him off but they were too strong. "Stiles..." The Nogitsune started to circle around them like a shark readying its prey. "Do you want her to leave here alive? Do you want us to leave? We can walk out of this place."  

 "Let her go, please," he said, begging.

The Nogitsune stopped for a moment and looked over at the disturbed copy of itself, specifically at its empty pocket. He then moved quickly for Stiles in his chair. "Let me in," it whispered close to his ear. Stiles just screamed as he kept trying to break free. "Let me in Stiles," it said tauntingly. It then looked over at Oliver and he moved the drill in Malia's direction. "Let me in."

"Let her go! Please!" Stiles roared out.

Oliver then started the drill up and the noise filled the room.

"Let me in Stiles," the Nogitsune said savagely. "Let me in." Stiles shut his eyes, trying to block out the deafening sound of the drill but it seemed to only grow louder. "Let me in and I let her live." Stiles started to shed tears. "Let me in!"

Stiles let out a soft whimper. "Sorry," he cried softly. His limbs then went slag.

Oliver moved the drill closer to Malia's temple but stopped when he heard a snapping noise.

"Oliver."

Oliver looked up and saw that Stiles was free from the chair and threw his restraints away. But, it wasn't Stiles. It was Void, back in his ideal host body. Oliver let a small smile loose as he backed away. Void moved for him, calmly, until they were right in front of each other. Void looked at him straight in the face before his gaze dropped. He then grabbed the drill from him with lightning fast speed and struck Oliver in the head just as he had done to Stiles moments before. Void then moved to stretch out his neck as worked to get used to being back in full control. He wasn't quite as strong as he had been before but he knew of a way to replenish his strength, and then some. He then walked off and set the drill down.

Malia slowly started to come to and noticed him walking off. "Stiles?"

Void looked back over at Malia and something, she didn't know what, something told her that this wasn't Stiles. He gave her a glance before he looked away and made his way out of the basement. There was no one to stop him as he moved through the hollow halls of Eichen House, through the front doors, and through the main gate.

He stopped in his tracks and smirked at the sight of Void Sabrina. She leaned against a car and smirked at him as she straightened herself up and opened the passenger's door. Stiles made his way over and grabbed Void Sabrina and pulled her into a deep kiss. 

She returned his effort and Void Stiles went and began to push at her until she was leaning against the car again. He then moved to begin to heavily make out with her. Void Stiles began moving his hands through every corner of Void Sabrina's body that he could touch. Wherever his hand went, Void Sabrina felt a surge of heat flow into her and began to feel comfortable, knowing that she had him back in her hands again.

Stiles broke away and took a moment to just look at Void Sabrina who was smirking widely at him. He then moved to kiss at her neck and rub his face against her. Void Sabrina sighed blissfully before pulling away.

"We will continue this later, but for now," she moved out of his grasp. "We need to get going before they realize that you are gone." Void Stiles nodded before getting in. She closed the door and got into the driver.

The two smirked at one another before speeding off down the road.

++++++

Malia moved to gather her stuff. Since she was only a volunteered entrant into this place, she could request to leave, if her father agreed. And he did when Malia said that she was ready to come back home to him now.

As she was moving through the halls, she was being followed by Ms. Morrell. "Do you know where you're going?" the woman asked her.

"No," Malia mumbled to her as she kept moving. "But I know who I'm looking for." "Scott McCall." Malia finally did stop and looked over at her. "You know him?" "I can tell you where to find him."

Malia was given all the information she needed. She moved through the front doors of the institution and made her way to the gate. She pushed her way through them, and breathed her first bit of freedom. Her eyes turning blue as she did.

Stiles and Sabrina had given and done so much for her in the short time that they had together. This was the least that she could do for them.  

[Edited 3/26/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665K 14.8K 84
"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporary, maybe at the wrong time, maybe to...
79.6K 1.1K 26
When the forgotten and youngest Mikaelson goes to beacon hills with her aunt and uncle , who are more like her parents, to support her best friend...
530K 12.6K 26
Rising Moon: All This Time I Was Finding Myself And I Didn't Know I Was Lost Scott McCall's twin sister Sophie is along for the ride with her brother...
11.4K 218 23
When Rose goes with her brother, Stiles and brothers best friend, Scott to the woods to find a dead body, their life's changed forever. Scott gets bi...