The Sheikh's Rebel (gay) ☑️

By monkeybreath

After their first meeting, Tyler wants nothing more than to put the arrogant Jared in his place. The man seem... More

1. An unfortunate encounter.
2. Busted!
3. Stalker identified.
4. An unwanted offer.
5. Who's the Boss?
6. Eric.
7. "Ah, shit. Buttons!"
8. Michelangelo's David.
9. Payback is a Bitch!
10. Meagre victory, Massive defeat.
11. Smile, your a big hit on YouTube.
12. Paris
13. "Crap. Of course he's a Prince."
14. Vague de Chaleur
15. The medallion
16. The shocking truth.
17. (Un)Pleasant memories.
18. A new path
19. Christmas = Drama.
20. Who am I?
21. Bluff is paid dearly.
22. High point, Low point.
23. Bolivia.
24. Surrender.
25. "Fleur called. You're an asshole!"
26. Sheikh Jabaar.
27. TKO.
28. Pushed out of the closet.
29. This is where I belong.
30. The walk of shame.
31. Family pride and bubbles.
32. Marwon Al-Din
33. Featherweight.
34. Fleur.
36. A painful search.
37. Promises you have to keep.
38. Tyler stands his ground.
39. Amir vs A Cheeky Monkey.
40. This changes everything!
41. Where do I belong?
42. The answer he never wanted to hear.
43. Never leave you protégé.
44. Tarek is mine!
45. "Do you even know why you came here?"
46. The eye of Al-Din.
47. "He's not going to last 15 minutes!"
48. Even those who knew what was coming listened breathlessly.
49. "He'll hate you for this!"
50. "Do you want to see him tear me to pieces?"
51. "He's my kryptonite."
52. "I'm just the stupid fool who fell in love with an Arabian Prince."
53. "I know why you're smiling, naughty boy."
54. A crazy fool.
55. "The protection you evoke in one, elicits the aggression in the other."
56. "Why had Fleur done this?"
57. "Soap opera."
58. Oblivion.
59. "Simple? Apparentely we have a different concept of simple."
60. "I am Fortune's Fool."
61. The last grain of sand.
62. Betrayal.
63. "Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments."
64. "All that remains is me."
65. Kismet

35. The odd one out.

818 52 0
By monkeybreath

The next morning, Tyler was grateful to be able to work with Adam after a quick breakfast. But even after an hour of hard training, he was still worked up. The trainer hit him on the shoulder.
"I have another appointment after this, but if you want you can come. Nathan Caulfield is an ex-Marine who trains with me when he's in Paris. He would be a good sparring partner for you," he offered.
Tyler raised eyebrows. "Isn't that a little too advanced for me?"
Adam observed him for a while. "You don't have to hold back."
"Okay," he said sniffing. "I could use some discharge."
Without mentioning anything to Jared and receiving no hint of protest from Rasheed who observed them quietly, they left.

Tyler looked surprised at the apartment complex where the car stopped. "No gym?"
"No," Adam shook. "You will see that this way of training is different from what we do."
They knocked on the door of an apartment and Nathan Caulfield opened. The Marine was tall, in his thirties and beautifully built. Long muscles were visible under his tight shirt and he wore his jeans as if made especially for him. "You must be Tyler." He reached out his hand.
"Thank you for letting me tag along," Tyler said walking around the living room. "Should we help put things aside?" he asked, looking around.
"No," Nathan shook. "The aim is to create as real a scenario as possible. Being aware of your environment is extra important." "For you, all this is new. That makes you unpredictable and rough. It's great for me to practice with." He laughed carefree. "So, Tyler. Don't hold back."

Tyler's head was working overtime. He did his best to attack Nathan, but needed his attention not to fall over the living room's furniture. It required an adaptation that was stimulated by the taunting smile of Nathan who danced constantly out of his reach. Mentally, he made a layout of the living room. Right kitchen, left balcony. At his feet a sofa, at his knee a coffee table. It was like he was taking a picture.

Another attack resulted in a hold that Nathan had to wrestle himself out of. Triumphantly, Tyler returned to his starting point. 
"Shit, Adam. This kid picks it up quickly," Nathan said grinning.
"This is nothing, wait and see," Adam grinned back.

Tyler now knew where things were and scanned for individual materials he could use. A rolled-up newspaper would be a handy weapon. He smiled. The side table wasn't on a rug. A kick and Nathan's tibia would be chafed. His head flashed to the right. The kitchen. A huge source for an attacker.

His attack came suddenly. He made a feint, kicked the side table towards his shin, grabbed the newspaper and started slapping Nathan. Tyler marveled at his ability to concentrate. He recorded the defensive tackles Nathan applied to fend him off. Even without looking, Tyler knew where to place his feet to put more pressure. Together they rolled across the ground. This is where Nathan had a big advantage. Soon he had to surrender. Nathan patted him on the shoulder appreciatively.

Tyler shook his head sporting a condescending smile. "Do you know what the downside is of making someone aware of their surroundings?" He quickly fell out to Nathan, who couldn't react quickly enough to get Tyler to hold him tightly. "This is Jared's doing it. The smell of his cigarettes lingers in the cushions," he hissed. Then he let go because he knew Nathan could easily overpower him.
"Why this performance? If you want to change the content of my training, you just do, Adam," he said straight into the man's face.

Adam shrugged. "Jared," he began.
Tyler interrupted him. "Jared!" he spat out. "That man still seems to think I'm a silly idiot who's not able to stand up for himself." His face was tight. He was unaware of the authority he exuded. "Tell me the truth. What's your job?" he asked Nathan.
"I'm here to train you."
Not satisfied with the short answer, Tyler shook his head. "Let's rephrase the question," Tyler said as he slowly moved through space. "Who do you work for?"

The men fell silent after a look of understanding. Tyler sighed. In a flash, he thought back to meeting a man as stubborn as Jared. "Let me guess." He looked at Nathan sternly. "Marwon Al-Din." His mouth stood disapproving.
Nathan nodded to him admiringly. "The old man said you were sharp."
"Yes, yes," Tyler said roughly to hide his pleasure. "If I want this to continue, will it happen?"
"It depends entirely on you" Nathan told him, observing him closely.
"Beautiful," Tyler nodded. Adrenaline shot through his body. "Adam? You're in my line of sight. That's distracting."
"Okay," the man said approvingly, changing places.
Nathan rubbed his hands. "I hope you've been paying attention, Tyler. Because now we're turning the tables."
Tyler grinned broadly. "Bring it on."

During teatime with Princess Jasmine he grimaced regularly.
"Had a rough training?" she asked cautiously.
Tyler nodded. "But very instructive. Just like your teachings," he said gallantly. They used their time together to inform Tyler more about the responsibilities assigned to him. "It will mainly be general meetings and the occasional separate issue in which advice is sought."

"The issue of Gabriel, to which you reacted so violently? What's it about?" he calmly inquired.
Her beautiful face fell and she suddenly looked old. "The Aroujo emblem as it now exists was designed by Joao. Gabriel wants to change this, modernize it. Progress, he calls it. I think it's disrespectful." She clenched her fist.
"Why the change?"
Blinking, she looked at him.
He lowered his head to hide a little smile. "You didn't read through his proposal did you?" he asked with sympathy in his voice.  "Your son brought the papers yesterday so I knew what I said no to," he said with humor. "Those were his words." His hand slid over hers. "I don't know the reason for this change. What I do know is that Gabriel spoke of his brother with love and respect."
Her green eyes light up at these words.
"Jared said he hadn't seen this before. Sometimes change is a good thing," he noted.

"Do you think it's okay if I take the papers and read it with you?"
A little nod was her only response. Grimacing, he got up.
She looked at him over her reading glasses. "When are you going to ask me the question that burns the fiercest in your heart?"
Distracted, Tyler looked at her. As always, she looked right through his bravado. "Why should I ask the question if I already know the answer?" he responded in such a tone that she asked no further.
Quietly, she enjoyed the increasing authority in his voice and attitude. He grew so seamlessly in the place that had been created for him.

He tapped his hand on the papers to return to the subject. "After my father died, my mother and each of us put together a box of pictures and things of him that were special to us." He sighed for a moment. "That box is at the bottom of my wardrobe, but I never look into it." He looked at her penetratingly. "My memories of him, my love for him is not in stuff, but here." His hand rested on his heart. "Sometimes to love someone, you have to let them go," he said, swallowing laboriously. That hit home. "Phew," he said, grabbing at his chest painfully. "Wise words have a hard landing," he said, looking at her with a sad smile.

"I understand what you want to say and maybe you're right. I have to let go of Joao, then instead of mourning him, I can honor his memory." She smiled and grabbed his hand. "That works for an old woman, but I don't think this is the answer your heart is looking for." She knocked on his hand. Together they bent over the papers.

"That piece where Gabriel talks about a special kind of beans that were developed by Joao? What do you think about that? It would be a beautiful and fitting tribute to Joao. His emblem would adorn his creation proudly. Nothing is lost and progress is made," Tyler said.
"Do you think it's a good idea?"
"From a business point of view, yes. On the emotional front, too, but I'll let my ear hang to you. What you want will happen."
She nodded appreciatively. "I'll think about it."

At dinner, Tyler sat next to Fleur, but across from an empty chair. She followed his gaze. "Jared flew to Dubai early this morning for family business."
Tyler frowned upon this information. Questions burned on his lips. 'Why did Jared leave so suddenly? Why didn't he leave a message? What was the purpose of his visit?' But he didn't say anything.
"Can I borrow you again tomorrow?" asked Fleur interrupting his depressing line of thought.
He looked at her agonizing. "Do you really have to?"
"You're my stand-in for Jared, so yes you have to."

Despite missing him terribly, Tyler noticed that his days without Jared were filled. The morning he spent training. First with Adam and then with Nathan, who chose a new location for each training session. His teatime with Princess Jasmine brought him valuable information about the two families, the companies and what they did. His duties were not extensive, but the weight they carried was significant. In many cases, he had the last word. Knowledge of the matter was not an unnecessary luxury.

For the rest of the afternoon he was dragged along by Fleur. They'd been looking at wedding cards. A world opened up to him to useless information such as; fonts, paper thickness, text, content, yadda yadda yadda. But to do Fleur a favor, he gave his opinion when asked. In everything they did, she also asked what he would choose. Although irrelevant, he liked to think about it. It made him more involved.

A full week passed without a word from Jared. He struggled not to call to inquire how he was doing and if he knew when he was coming back. All his energy flowed into the daily routine. Adam and Nathan were very pleased with his progress.

"Maybe next time we can practice with sharp objects," Nathan said approvingly after a successful training session.
"Is our time up?" asked Tyler lying on the floor exhausted.
Nathan nodded. He reached out and helped Tyler get up. "If you want to train further, I'll leave some suggestions with Adam."
"Thank you, I really appreciate that," Tyler said sincerely. His smart brain made a connection. "When are they coming?" he asked looking straight at Nathan.
"For safety reasons, I can't give you that information," Nathan said earnestly.
"I dress extra nicely for dinner," Tyler replied shrugging.

Tyler didn't mention anything, but the nervous hum in the house spoke volumes about the impending guests. During his teatime with Princess Jasmine, there was also no mention of the upcoming visit. He wondered if she could guess the reason for the visit. Actually, he wasn't allowed to get too ahead of himself.

Impatiently, he saw the hours pass. He eagerly waited in his room until he was called for dinner. There was a knock on the door.
"Mr. Reed? Are you ready?" asked Rasheed.
With a smile, Tyler opened up. "Totally dressed this time, Rasheed," he said with self-deprecation.
"Impressive," said the man in the dry tone that Tyler so appreciated in him. Arriving in the dining room, he saw that Fleur, Tarek and Jared were already there. Upon entering, their conversation stopped. Involuntarily, his heart beat faster when his eyes slid over Jared. In the corner stood Nathan who nodded him kindly. Rasheed led him to the chair next to Tarek and opposite Jared. He took a seat.

"Good evening," he said, breaking the silence. "I hope you've had a good trip?" he asked, especially to Tarek.
"Yes, thank you, Mr. Reed," he said politely. 
He leaned towards him and made eye contact. "Please call me Tyler," he said with a slow smile.
Tarek blinked his eyes and showed off a shy smile. Fleur chuckled and Jared looked downright angry.

"Are you allowed to tell anything about the situation?" he asked Tarek, recording Jared.
Tarek shook no. "Sheikh Jabaar, Princess Jasmine and grandfather are now talking. As soon as they're done, we'll eat."
"All family," Tyler said weakly. He felt like the odd one out again.

"His respect for you is great, Tyler," Tarek said. "Your brief conversation has influenced him greatly and he is grateful for your honesty." Tarek looked at Jared during these words.
Jared nodded in the affirmative. "That's what we've been talking about extensively over the past week."
Tyler's eyes flashed at Nathan. "Was that the reason for the training?" he asked breathlessly. "Because all the children in your family are trained?"
In the corner, Nathan showed a scornful smile. "He's a smart one."
Jared looked at him over his shoulder.
Nathan just shrugged. "Don't look at me like that, Prince Jareed. I would protect this boy with my life without hesitation."

The conversation was conducted in Arabic so Tyler didn't get it, but all eyes at the table took a look at him. "What?" he asked Fleur deliberately.
"It seems you've made another conquest," Jared replied wryly.
Tyler grinned broadly. "You handed me my ass repeatedly, Nathan, but it was a pleasure to work with you."
"Likewise," it sounded from the corner.
They heard footsteps coming and the airy atmosphere at the table dissolved, the doors opened and the company at the table stood up.

Princess Jasmine, Sheikh Jabaar and Marwon Al-Din came in talking relaxed. Warm, they looked at the small group that received them. Tyler felt shy because of the admiration and gratitude they radiated. What did he do besides give his honest opinion? Unsalted, no less.

"Tyler," Sheikh Jabaar beckoned him.
He got off his chair and walked up to the man. "Good evening, Sheikh Jabaar, Princess Jasmine," and with added emphasis and a nod " Mr. Al-Din."
"Come, let's eat," Princess Jasmine invited everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 309 42
Aurora has never been outside her home and she barely knows how the outside world works. When Aurora joined in the participation of the royal selecti...
385K 10.1K 18
A Prince kidnapped from his Kingdom to be the slave of the soon-to-be King of the rival kingdom. Collin is feisty and non-compliant, and Phyias is lo...
245K 11K 33
*In the year 2017, it was declared that ALL acts of homosexualuty were illegal and punishable by death* Tyler Jordan was the adored son of Presi...
12.7K 439 24
Saying that life hasn't been easy for Dani would be an understatement. It's her and her sister Libby against the world...until it isn't. Until she's...