8. Michelangelo's David.

Clara was already busy with lunch.
"What a chaos," she puffed as Tyler came in. "The work has been delayed for the main part, so I had lots of extra hands to help with prepping."
Tyler saw that all the vegetables were cut and the potatoes were already peeled.
"Is everything all right with the men?" She turned to him. Her pregnant belly protruded considerably and bumped against her cutting board with freshly cut tomatoes. As a result, a plastic decanter with chilled tea fell over. He immediately moved to mop up the moisture.

Clara was muttering at herself and her big belly. "I love you, little munchkin, but it's time you got out." Tyler saw how loving her hands lay on her stomach. Even now, those hands seemed to be rocking the baby.
"Sit down. Rest. I'll take care of the rest." He walked to the kitchen table.
"Thank you, Tyler. You're a treasure."
Happy with the distraction, he rolled up his sleeves and went to work.

The conversation during the joint meal was about the events of that morning. Jared was now at the land registry on the hunt for the right blueprints.
"So then we were all standing there in shorts and slippers. We got a lot of views from the ladies present," Andre boasted. His narrow chest protruded a little forward.
"I think they looked at the boss more than us. He looked like one of those supermodels," Stefan said.
The laughter and looks of disbelief prompted him to involve Tyler in the conversation.
"Right, Tyler? You got a good look at him, too."
With all eyes on himself, he sighed. "Yep. Supermodel."

When filling the dishwasher, he felt Clara staring at him.
"So... You saw Jared naked?" Her eyebrows went up and down suggestively. "Come on, spill," she asked eagerly."
Tyler gave in with slight reluctance. He thought about how best represent the beauty of Jared's body. "Michelangelo's David."

Clara, with her own inimitable mindset, looked at him disappointed. She held her thumb and index finger an inch apart. "Ahw. Little dick?"
Tyler burst out in laughter. "No. I mean his body. Like David, he's beautifully shaped. Tight and muscular, all in proportion. He's definitely better endowed than David. No little dick for the boss," he ended up grinning.

"Glad to hear that my intimate parts can count on your approval, Tyler," it sounded frosty. Jared was standing in the doorway. "My office. Now!"
Tyler closed his eyes in disbelief.
"Sorry," Clara said silently to the teenager caught.

This time, no sunlight invaded the office. Shuddering, he waited for what was to come. Jared was messing around on his desk.
"What happened today was my responsibility. The papers didn't add up because I didn't take the time to go through everything." He looked at Tyler. "Starting tomorrow, I want you to start with administrative duties. Coffee and tea remain your responsibility, but we no longer serve meals." He bent over the newly obtained blueprints.
Tyler stared at him silently. He could hardly believe that this was all and kept waiting until Jared without looking up said, "You can go."

Stomping louder than he realized, he returned to the kitchen. "Did you know about this?" he asked Clara.
"Yes. That was my original job," she agreed. "The reason Jared is always so busy is because of the work that he does. He is working on a grant application for expansion of work in Bolivia. And he is developing a playbook to set up practices in areas such as Bolivia." She knocked on his hand. "The work consists mainly of typing out his notes and keeping track of his agenda. Everything's on paper. If you stick to the planning, everything will be all right. You'll do just fine. This is an job where you have to grow into your task."

Bobbing on a surfboard, he thought about this.
"Where are you with your thoughts?", Lindsey asked.
"I'll start new work tomorrow. It mainly sounds like typing."
She shrugged unconcerned. "I'm sure it'll be okay."
After a quick kiss, she paddled away. "Are you coming?", she shouted over her shoulder with a smile.
Smiling back, he pushed away his worries and enjoyed his freedom.

Of course, he could have known that his mother was already aware of his new duties.
"Seems so interesting to me," his mother said. "All that research and contacts abroad. Miranda said that once the practice is open, you're probably going to travel abroad."
"Hold on, wait a minute, Mom. This is temporary." He pricked his finger on the table. "Temporary."

His mother looked at him in amazement. "But, Tyler, this could be a great opportunity for you. Miranda says that Jared thinks education is very important, so maybe you can follow an internal..."
"Mom!", he abruptly cut her off. "Let it rest." His half-eaten meal disappeared into the trash can. Sulking, he stomped up the stairs to his room.

The events of the day were going through his head. Especially the image of Jared's scantily clad body came up a lot, along with other confusing feelings.

After a bad night, he found his mother at breakfast.
"Sorry about yesterday, Mom. I know you mean well."
"Thank you, Tyler. I'll do my best to let you find your own way."
'Yes,' Tyler thought wryly. 'No doubt with you and Miranda on my heels.'