The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

The Turning Point

5.9K 160 16
By slRose18qn

Laura's POV

It's been a rough couple of days I could barely sleep properly after what happened the other night. I touched the place where Damon bit me and could still feel his fangs lingering in the area, it hurt but it doesn't compare to the aching in my heart.

Stefan was leaving so it's likely Damon's leaving with him. He didn't have a reason to stay after he lost his chance to get Katherine out of the tomb.

But I just wish he wasn't leaving.

For the past few days everything was made clear to me that Damon's a bad person and I should stay away from him.... But I can't help how I feel.

I'm in love with Damon.

I came down to the kitchen with Aunt Jenna to have breakfast before heading off to school. I took out the cereal box and poured it out into a bowl. I grabbed the milk and add it to the mixture and sat down at the table and stuffed myself to get over the dreariness.

Just as I finish up Elena came down looking excited about something. "Jeremy's got his sketchpad out." She said softly. "You're kidding?" Aunt Jenna was surprised and so was I.

"Nope."

"That's good to hear." I said looking upstairs to his room. "But don't anything, the minute we encourage he'll put it away." Elena said.

Ever since our parents died Jeremy refused to draw again. It was a talent everyone loved but he lost his motivation when they died. I was just happy he's drawing again, it must mean he's found a meaning to live again.

"Psychology major. Check that." Jenna said.

I look over to Elena who was looking through her phone messages with a hopeful look. "Anything from Stefan yet?" I asked her.

She shook her head disappointedly and I look at her sympathetic. "What are you going to do?" I asked.

She sighed deeply before answering. "Stefan knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands but it doesn't matter. He's leaving, moving away." Elena said buttoning up her jacket.

"Where is he going?" Jenna asked.

"I've stopped asking questions. The answers get scary." She said walking to open the door to leave. The three of us leave the house together for our respective places to go. "Yours leave mine returns." Jenna scoffed as I closed the door behind us.

"Logan?" Elena asked.

"He's back?" I said in surprise.

"Yep, but I didn't let him past my door." Jenna told us. "I hope you slammed it in his face." Elena said.

I was walking behind them thinking to myself. "That can't be right." I said. Stefan said Damon killed him. Logan should be dead.

"Three strikes rule, Jenna. You not even allowed to watch the news." Elena ignored the issue at hand and walked with Jenna. "Exactly, no more Logan 'Scum' Fell." Jenna said turning over a new leaf.

I continue to walk behind them being confused with the issue.

~ ~ ~

The three of us head went together to the town square and went separate ways when we got to Jenna's work place. Elena and I continued walking to school when we bumped into Bonnie along the way. We walked into the hall and saw Caroline and Matt together. They were... close.

"Did we miss something?" Elena asked "They've been hanging out." Bonnie answered as we look at them being all friendly.

"Kinda weird, don't you think?" Elena said staring at them.

"Unless you still have some feelings for Matt, then yeah, it's weird." I teased her. "No, of course not." She denied but didn't take her eyes off them.

"Well, she needs someone nice like him, as opposed to a homicidal vampire like Damon." Bonnie said cynically about Damon who tried to kill her the other night. She's still shaken by it and totally hates him.

"Yeah, how are you doing with all that?" Elena asked concerned.

"I'm freaked out, Elena. Damon tried to kill but I was lucky to have Laura take the fall for me but I'm still freaked out." She looked at me still scared. "If you hadn't stepped in to save me I would have been dead by now."

"Well, thankfully I did, because you're my best friend, Bonnie." I rubbed her elbow and she gave a little smile. "I'm just glad that Stefan is not like Damon." She said.

Hearing Stefan's name Elena's mood fell flat and walked away. Bonnie looked at me confused and I gave her the look that said it's not good. "Have you seen him?" She walked up to my sister.

"Not since he told me he was leaving. For all I know, he's already gone." Elena looking pissed as she threw her scarf into her locker.

"He wouldn't leave without saying goodbye, Elena." I told her.

She turned to me with a look that said otherwise. "Yes, he would. He thinks he's protecting me. Clean break and all that." She said getting her books out for the first period.

"So, what are you going to do?" Bonnie asked.

"What am I supposed to do?" She said helplessly. "I've already begged him not to go. If I ask again, I'm being selfish. It is what it is." She said bitterly.

Bonnie and I exchange a look to each other feeling sorry for her and walked with her to our class. "Maybe it's for the best." Bonnie said and we stopped to look at her.

"What? Why?" Elena exclaimed. "I mean what kind of future could you have had with him, even if he stayed?" Bonnie said honestly. I could understand where she was hinting at; Stefan's a vampire and Elena's human, what future could they have unless Elena becomes a vampire to solve the problem.

But I don't think she will choose to become one.

Suddenly a banner fell in front of us and Elena furrow her brow at it. "Did you just... ?" Elena stared at Bonnie asking if she was using her magic.

"No, I swear." She declined.

Elena sighed in annoyance and flicked the banner out of her way and stormed off to class, leaving us to watch her leave. "So dramatic." I muttered under my breath.

"You don't think I said anything wrong, do you?" Bonnie asked scared she may have offended Elena because of what she said.

I looked at Bonnie and was about to tell her she no but... she's right.

What kind of future could there be? If I asked Damon to stay what could happen between us? He's not exactly a good person, and all he cares about is Katherine.

"... No. You're absolutely right. What future is there...?" I said quietly to myself thinking about Damon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

School was finally over and I was walking out of the building with my geography friends when I saw Stefan sitting at the table outside. I said goodbye to my friends and walked up to him. "Stefan."

He looked up and smiled at me. "Hey, I thought you were gone by now." I said being surprised by happy to see him still here. "Are you here to say goodbye to Elena?" I asked.

"Uh no. Not yet." He told me and I tilt my head in curiosity.

"Changed your mind? You don't want anyone to have Elena?" I teased him and he smiled in response. "Ah no-- yes! I mean--" He said getting caught up in his words making me laugh.

"Listen, something's come up." He said with a serious look and I knew it was bad news. "What happened?" I asked.

"Where's Elena?" He asked instead.

"Um. She should be coming out soon." I turned back to the building and saw Elena walking out. "Oh, there she is. Elena!" I waved my hand to get her attention. She saw me but froze when she saw Stefan for a split second.

She slowly came over locking her eyes on him to take in every part of him. "Hi." He looked at her. She smiled a little. "Hey."

"Can we talk?" He asked her.

Elena and I looked at each other nervously before Stefan explained to us there was another attack last night and the victim was drained of blood. It was obvious it was vampire who did it. Sheriff Forbes came by to their house this morning and talked to Damon about it, so he's tracking them down.

"So, you have no idea who it could be?" I asked folding my arms over my chest thinking hard about who it could be.

But Stefan and Damon are the only vampires left in town, Lexi was killed by Damon and there was no other vampires that we know of.

Stefan shook his head. "None. But it must be somebody new because leaving a body like that, they're either sloppy or they're trying to send a message." He said looking at the both of us.

"And you're sure it's not Damon?" Elena asked accusing him because of the way he behaves so recklessly and cruel.

"Well, I'm never sure about Damon, but he's been trying to keep a low profile lately, so it's just doesn't make sense to me." Stefan answered confused as we were.

"So what are you going to do?" I asked him.

"Damon is tracking them right now." He answered and looked at the both of us. "Look, I promised you two the truth so I wanted to you guys to be careful." He said and we nodded.

Elena was staring at him longingly, she was happy to see Stefan again after not seeing him for days. She was afraid to seeing him leave. "When I saw you, I... thought you were coming to say goodbye."

"Not yet." He shook his head.

"Not yet" meaning you and Damon are still leaving no matter what we say?" I asked him and he looked away and kept quiet.

Elena looked at him heartbroken after having her hopes up. I let out a long sigh in disappointment.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

It was that time of year our school holds a careers fair and every student's encouraged to bring along their parents. Since we don't have our parents anymore we brought Aunt Jenna with us. Jenna was excited for this night because she was looking forward to seeing our history teacher.

Jeremy told me she was smitten by him. It was cute and weird at the same time for our aunt to be dating our teacher. But I vote cute because they look so good together.

Once we entered the school we all went into separated to our interested careers; Jeremy was aloof and went straight to the arts section while Elena went around with Jenna keeping her company. Elena use to say she wanted to be a writer after our mother got her into writing her in her diary everyday, but after they died Elena couldn't see herself as a writer anymore.

I just walked around the hall looking at every career stall they had on display without much interest in any of them. Right now I couldn't think about my future because I couldn't see it. It's hard to see where I was going with my life now that I know it's more than it seems.

I saw my history teacher standing in the corner talking with some students and their parents like a sensible teacher. Suddenly I get an idea to go tease him because I had nothing better to do.

"Hey Mr Saltzman." I walked up to him and he smiled at me politely. "Hey Laura, how's it going?" He asked.

"Great." I smiled deviously not that he knows why. "So, you see anything you like?" Alaric asked pointing to the stalls around us.

"Well, I've always wanted to be a lawyer..." I told him and he looked at me impressed. "But after my parents died I don't think I want to anymore." I told him sadly.

"Well that's, ah, that's too bad." He said feeling sorry for me.

"But I did consider to be a history teacher one day." I said but it was a lie of of course. He didn't seem sure of my choice. "Really?"

"A-huh.

"Well, I hate to break it to you but ah-- you probably won't make it with that average score of yours." He said catching onto my lie. "You will need to pay a lot more attention than you are now." He teased laughing at me.

"I do so pay attention. You just have to make more interesting." I retorted. "Mm." He rolled his eyes.

We laughed for a while when I start to tease him about my aunt. "So, I hear you're hitting on my aunt."

"I, aha, I wouldn't necessarily call it 'hitting on'" He said nervously darting his eyes around. "I prefer to use the term 'getting to know' your aunt."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Righht!" It was so obvious from the way he was reacting he likes her. "It's okay for you to date her, you know." I told him and he looked bewildered. "You seem like a decent guy and all... but if you do anything to hurt Jenna you'd wish you hadn't." I make a small harmless threat to him then grinned widely.

"Duly noted." He said.

Just then I saw Elena and Jenna at the end of the hall talking to each other when Elena's expression changed drastically. I look at Alaric and he was also curious about their conversation like me so we went over to them.

"Do not, under any circumstances, talk to him again. I'm serious, Jenna, like ever!" Elena told her sternly like a mother would.

When did the tables turn?

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked them. "Nothing." Elena said but I could tell there was something wrong. She was shaken by something.

"Hey Elena, Jenna." Alaric nodded to Elena then looked at Jenna with a soft look and her face brighten up when she saw him. She was totally head over heels for him.

"Hi Mr Saltzman." Elena said nervously.

"Hey, I was, uh, hoping to see you tonight." Alaric looked at Jenna. "Career night is the new bowling." Jenna said and Alaric laughed at her comment.

"And you say you're not hitting on her?" I looked at him trying to wipe off the smirk but it stayed there. Jenna slapped me on the arm then quickly became sweet in front of our teacher.

"Ow!" I called out. Jenna gave me the look saying to go away.

"Come on, Laura. Excuse us." Elena said politely and grabbed my sleeve to pull me away. "Aw but I want to see where this is going." I pretend to pout but Elena ignored me and dragged me away.

She took me aside to talk private when it got annoying for her to keep holding onto me so I pulled away. "Okay, what's going on?" I asked.

"Logan's here." Elena told me urgently.

My eyes grew wide by the news and I looked at her shocked. "He's here? Where is he?" I asked looking around for him.

"I don't know." She said.

"This is not good." I said to myself and she looked at me confused. "Why? What's wrong?" She asked grabbing me.

"I think I know who the vampire they're looking for is." I whispered to her and she finally caught on who I was thinking of. "And you think it's Logan?"

"Stefan said Damon killed him the night he was looking for Vicki, remember?" I reminded her but she was still confused. "He showed up out of nowhere and insisted Jenna to invite him in. He's a vampire, Elena."

She finally put the pieces together and dropped her jaw. "Oh my god, Jenna. We have to get out of here."

"No, we can't!" I told her and she looked at me with a 'why' look.

"If we leave now, he'll know that we're on to him." I said quietly being careful to look for him in the crowd. "Right now, staying here is the safest place. He won't do anything stupid in front of a crowd." I told her.

Elena was still worried and couldn't keep still so I whispered to her. "Go and find Stefan. He'll know what to do." She nodded and went off to look for him in a hurry. "And act natural!" I hissed at her and she slowed down her pace.

I look around find anything out of the ordinary and proceeded with the night pretending to be interested with the pamphlets. I went over to the arts section and flicked through some art folders when I saw some of Jeremy's drawing in them.

Wow. Nice. It's even better than I remembered.

But it was odd to see some of his drawings were of demons and creepy creatures, different to what he would usually draw. Oh god, he hasn't remembered Vicki's death, has he?

I heard a commotion going on down the hall that caught my attention and went to see it what it was. From a distance I saw the scuffle between Tyler and my brother starting again and instantly ran over to them but Alaric and Mr Lockwood got there before me.

Alaric held Jeremy back while the Mr Lockwood held Tyler back breaking the fight without a hassle. "Alright, work it out, tough guy." Alaric said to Jeremy.

I ran over to my brother. "Oh my god, Jeremy! What the hell were you thinking?!" I yelled at him. He couldn't go one day without getting into a fight with Tyler.

"It's okay, Laura. I got him." Alaric assured me and I nod him in thanks.

"You two, follow me." Mr Lockwood said to Jeremy and Tyler and gestured for then to follow him outside. I look at Alaric feeling suspiciously all of a sudden when he spoke up. "Excuse me, Mayor. Where are you taking them?" Alaric asked.

Mr Lockwood turned back to us. "I'm gonna talk to them. All fights should end in handshakes, don't you think?" He said and turned away with the boys.

I look at them confused; if it's just a handshake they don't need to go outside to do that. I stood beside Alaric and talked quietly to him. "You don't think he's having them talk it out, do you?" I asked him.

"I doubt it." He answered.

I sighed heavily. "And he calls himself the 'Mayor'."

"Excuse me." Alaric said and followed them outside.

~ ~ ~

The night was long and I was getting bored when I saw some people leaving and thought I could slip out with them and go home. I was walking out the door when I heard Elena calling me. "Laura, where are you going?" She asked me.

I turned back to her. "Going home."

"What about Logan?" She asked bewildered. "Stefan's got his eye on him right?" I shrugged and she nodded. "Yeah, Damon's on his way."

I tense up at his name. "Damon's coming?" I asked little hopeful than I should be. I haven't seen him since that night. I really want to see him.

"Hello girls."

We jumped at the sight of Logan, he had a crook grin on his face staring at us hungrily. Elena grabbed my arm in fear. "Run inside." I whispered.

We both turned back inside when Logan got in front of us and pushed Elena aside. He grabbed me and slammed my head against the other wall and I blacked out.

Damon's POV

I was cleaning myself up after Logan shot me with wooden bullets and totally ruined my favourite shirt so now I was intent on killing him. Stefan called me earlier telling me Logan's at the school threatening to expose us if we don't tell him how to walk in the sun. he was a dangerous and reckless newbie vampire and had to be eliminated.

So now I arrived at the school and met up with Stefan and Elena waiting for me outside. I didn't see Laura and thought she didn't want to see me. I walked up to them when Elena was pacing around extremely worried about something.

I look at them confused. "What's going? Where's Logan?" I asked my brother. Stefan doesn't answer me but had a troubled look. "What'd I miss?" I asked.

"Logan took Laura." Stefan told me and my face fell.

"What?"

"He took her!" Elena panicked and Stefan quickly wrapped himself around her.

I don't know what was happening but when I heard Laura was kidnapped my heart stopped. "Damn it! Where did he take her?" I asked them.

"I don't know, but he couldn't have gone far. He was still here not that long ago." Stefan told me. "Then let's go find him." I said setting out to go look for her.

That Logan dude is dead. I'm gonna kill him.

Just as Stefan and I left the school I get phone call, I didn't hesitate to pick it up. I didn't have to guess who it was when I knew what he wanted.

"Where is she?" I demanded.

"She's safe... for now."

Logen snickered making me irritated. "What would you say if I said I will kill your girlfriend if you don't give me the answer to what I'm looking for?" He threatened. "Well, she's not my girlfriend so it doesn't matter to me what happens to her." I tried to call his bluff.

"Don't lie to me. I said I've been watching you and your brother for weeks. I see the way you look at her. It's not hard to tell." He said being so observative.

I grit my teeth at him as Stefan listen to our conversation with his vamp-hearing. It was humiliating to be called on by some nobody vampire and have my brother hear it.

"Now tell me how you can walk in the sunlight!" He demanded.

I look at Stefan and gave him the nod. He raced ahead while I keep Logan distracted to give my brother time to look for him. We found Logan and Stefan went ahead and threw him out of his car onto the road.

I wanted payback for what he did to me in that shabby old shed and shot him with wooden bullet. He groaned in pain as the bullets pierced near his heart.

"Payback's a bitch, isn't it?" I smirked as he squirmed in pain.

"Get her out of here!" I told Stefan and he nodded. He carried Laura out of the car and vamped away.

I turned back to Logan and glared at him before shooting him in the leg. "That's for kidnapping Laura." I said pissed.

While he was busy taking out the bullets I went around to the boot of the car and pulled out a jack handle. I looked at him with a playful devilish look. "We're gonna try this one more time." I said threatening to aim my swing at his head.

"Who turned you?" I walked up to him.

"I told you I don't know." He said still sore from the wound.

I wasn't pleased with his constant same answer and inspected the toy in my hand. "This tire iron here will take your head right clean off." I said and held up the handle in the air ready to strike.

"Is that your final answer?"

"How can you side with them?" Logan said. "I don't side with anybody. You piss me off, I want you dead!" I glared at him clearly pissed with his actions.

"It is because I kidnapped your girlfriend, because I almost made a snack out of her?" He snickered making me agitated at him. He was getting ahead of himself for a newbie vampire which pissed me off even more.

"Who turned you?" I asked him once more.

"I don't know!" He said louder irritated of the same question. "Oh well, you screwed." I said and raised the bar to kill him.

"Wait, wait! I do know." He yelled holding up his hand to stop me.

"You're lying."

He got on his knees begging for her life to be spared. "You think you're the only one who wants to get in that tomb underneath the old church?" Logan said which caught my attention.

There's another way in? I can get Katherine back. But how much can I trust this guy?

"If you are lying to me I will end you." I threatened pointing the bar at his face. "I'm not lying. There's another way. We can help you." He said.

We? Who's 'we'?

"Meet me at the old church." Logan said and disappeared before I could get anything more out of him.

~ ~ ~

I was sitting on Laura's bed waiting for her to wake up after Stefan brought her back home safely. I saw the small bruise on her forehead and gently rubbed it with my thumb. I should have killed Logan when I had the chance.

Why am I still hoping to get into that tomb? She's probably right about Katherine; she was only playing with us.

I look at Laura and found myself staring her sleeping face and a smile spread across my face when I remembered what she said to me the other night.

'You can start over, you know.'

'Maybe there's something for you here other than Katherine.'

I look at her with uncertainty. I wasn't sure if I had the right to stay after everything I've caused. When she asked me to stay I was, for a moment, filled with happiness but I knew it couldn't happen.

I was bad for her and she needed someone better in her life. I was going to leave without saying anything to her because I didn't want to give her any more false hopes about us. So I had to break her heart.

I knew I had to leave before she wakes up but I was glued to her, I couldn't bring myself to pull away. I trace my fingers along her soft cheek, it was still soft as I remembered it to be. I stared at her rosy pink lips and drew my fingers over them, down her chin and down her neck. I felt the desire to kiss her and instead giving her pain I wanted to give her pleasure.

Her eyes were twitching and she was tossing and turning. She finally woke up and I pulled my hand away.

Laura's POV

I woke up feeling groggy and surging pain on my forehead as I rubbed it. I look around and realised I was in my room. How did I get here? I remembered Logan was the last face I saw before I blacked out.

My eyes were darting around the room when I met Damon's eyes and I froze. It's really him. He's still here. I couldn't explain how happy I was to see him but at the same time I was angry at him for avoiding me.

I didn't know whether to cry or yell at him will all these feelings mixed together.

He dodged all my phone calls and text messages and was going to leave without saying goodbye. But now that he was here all that anger didn't matter anymore. I was just glad to see him. I breathed in at the breathtaking view of him and my tears were seeping out of my eyes.

"Hey." He smiled sweetly and he caressed my cheek. I couldn't make out a word and breathed out my emotions all in one breath.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

It's really him.

I grabbed his hand on my face to prove that he was real and not from my imagination.

He's really here.

"I thought you were leaving." I said softly close to a whisper after finding my voice again. Damon smiled softly and gaze at me. "I found a new reason to stay."

I couldn't control how happy I was and pulled him into my chest and wrapped him tightly in my arms not ever wanting to let him go. Damon wrapped his arms around me in return and whispered in my ear.

"I won't leave you again."

Hearing him say that I let my held breath and was finally relieved of the feelings I kept to myself all this time. We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes before he pulled me in and trapped me in his lips.

His kiss was hot and rough every time he pulled me in to deepen the kiss. He pushed his weight to get me to lie back down and trapped me underneath him. Damon kept his lips on me as he lightly trace his hand all over my body, his hand slipped under my top and tickled my skin.

I didn't hate his touch but I just felt like everything was going too fast, I panicked when I felt his hand was on my breast and grabbed his hand desperately.

"Damon, wait!" I pull away from his lips trying to catch my breath and held my hands on his chest. I was tensed under his gaze and a little afraid when he brushed the side of my face with a gentle look.

"I'm sorry." He said softly.

Damon knew I didn't want it and stopped. He kissed my forehead and held my cheek. "Just close your eyes and sleep." He said and lied down next to me.

He wrapped me in his arms under the sheets and he warmed me up with his body. Damon can be impulsive and rude all the time but he can also be gentle at the same time. I closed my eyes smiling to myself after finally having Damon return my feelings and hugged him tighter.

I didn't want to fall asleep because I wanted to stare at him for a little while longer but I was tired so I fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up from the sound my phone and sat up, I was a little dreary but snapped out of my daze when I realised I was alone. Damon must have left when I fell asleep.

I didn't get to grasp that he's wasn't there anymore when my phone kept ringing. It was Elena calling me in the middle of the night and I snarled in annoyance. "What the hell, Elena. It's two in the morning."

"Laura..." I heard my sister sobbing.

I frowned at her strange voice. "Elena, what's wrong?"

"I look like her. WE look like her." She cried making it more confusing for me to understand her. "What are you talking about?" I asked her still not focused from my dreariness.

"Katherine. We look exactly like her." She said and I snapped out of my daze. I froze shocked and confused at what she told me. "What did you just say?"

"Just come and pick me up. Please." She ignored my question and hung up before I could say ask for anything else. I sat there for a moment trying to comprehend what just happened.

What does she mean we look like her?

Without having the time to think much about it I quickly went to grab my keys to go pick up Elena. On my way there I was constantly distracted thinking about what Elena told me when my phone went off again in the middle of the road. I pulled the car over to the side to check the message from Elena. She sent me a file so I opened the file and it was a picture of... me?

No, it's not me.

It's her. Katherine.

There was a fine print on the corner and I zoomed in on the image more closer to read the print. Katherine 1864.

My heart shattered by our remarkable resemblance. This was why Damon wanted to get to know me in the first place... because I looked like her.

'I found a new reason to stay.'

When he said he found a new reason to stay; he didn't mean me. He meant he was going to stay to make me become his ideal Katherine. I was just a replacement for her.

I felt humiliated.

I truly believed Damon had moved on but he never did. I felt the tears overflowing and I was filled with anger. Elena was right; I fall in love too easily. I failed to find a decent guy who actually liked me.

My phone was ringing and I tried to calm myself down wiping the tears away before I answered the phone."Hey, I just got your text." I said trying to sound natural.

"You don't have to come get me anymore." She said and I frowned. "What?"

"Stefan's explaining himself to me and I'm going to listen. I don't want to create another misunderstanding between us." She said which got me angry. "Are you freakin' kidding me, Elena? I'm already halfway there." I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry, I'm okay now. Just turn back." She said.

I groaned loudly and hung up the phone pissed off. I shake my head silently in frustration then did a U-turn to drive back. Elena may forgive Stefan for this I wasn't going to forgive Damon. I trusted him. I was so close into giving myself to him but thank god for my insecurities I didn't.

I was grumbling to myself when I took my eyes off the road for a second when there was a man standing in the middle of the road. I let out a gasp and quickly stepped on the brakes. The tyres made a loud screeching noise but I couldn't stop the car in time and hit the man.

My car crashed and flipped over trapping me upside down, glasses from the window shattered and made cuts on my face. I had a slight concussion after hitting my head a couple times from the impact.

The man I crashed into was lying on the ground when I heard breaking sounds. I watched closely to see he was breaking his bone back into place. I gasped as he slowly got up and walked over to me.

As soon as his feet were in front of me I screeched in fear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
23.6K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
91.3K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...