The Healer

By MISSCESANIA

Liliana West is a Healer from Sandovia. She was living her life peacefully until the son of a High Lord asked... More

The Day Everything Changed
Chapter 1: Chasing West
Chapter 2: Setting the Kindle
Chapter 3: The Start of Something New
Chapter 4: Comfortable
Chapter 5: A Knight and A Snake
Chapter 6: Hubris Prince
Chapter 7: Bearing The Weight
Chapter 8: Company
Chapter 9: Ambush
Chapter 10: That Escalated Quickly
Chapter 11: Officially Branded
Chapter 12: Day One Conflict
Chapter 13: Visitor
Chapter 14: Day Out
Chapter 15: Pay What You Owe
Chapter 16: The Warning
Chapter 17: I Trust You
Chapter 18: A Good Idea?
Chapter 19: Didn't See That Coming
Chapter 20: The Unexpected Guest
Chapter 21: Comfortable
Chapter 22: Stand up Against
Chapter 23: Sealed
Chapter 25 : Surprisingly, Tea Helps
Chapter 26 : Shattered Pieces of The Past
Chapter 27 : Unexpected Pair-Up
Chapter 28 : To Protect
Chapter 29 : The Infiltration (Part I)
Chapter 30 : The Infiltration (Part II)
Chapter 31 : Hesitation
Chapter 32 : Long Live the Duchess
Chapter 33 : Home
Chapter 34 : Clear
Chapter 35 : The Promise
Chapter 36 : A Specter from The Past
Chapter 37 : The Pirate King
Chapter 38 : Truth
Chapter 39 : Judgement
Chapter 40 : Near the Coast
Chapter 41 : Attack
Chapter 42 : Right on Time
Chapter 43: Sacrifice
Chapter 44: The Beginning of an End
Chapter 45: Fated

Chapter 24: Duchess of Araenon

1.5K 102 3
By MISSCESANIA

I THINK MY SOUL already left me as I sat and watch the small performance prepared by the Quinny. She volunteered to do it and I was expecting some kind of normal dancing but I was greeted by sword dancing.

Quinny looked amazing. She wore an Oregonian traditional dress and danced to a traditional song.

"Enjoying yourself, love?" Exene whispered on my ear loud enough for his parents to hear.

"Next time, inform me about crucial things like that. I stood there trying to figure out what the hell you meant by 'love'." I whispered, almost a hiss.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures. It saved both our asses."

I sighed. He has a point. I should really get myself used to spontaneous situations such as earlier.

I reached for his hand and leaned on to his shoulder. I shifted and looked at him. I gave him my sweetest smile.

"Is this alright? Am I doing this right?"

Shock was visible on his face. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. He wasn't expecting this at all.

"Now you know how it feels to be in a very spontaneous situation."

He gained composure and gave me a smirk. "I think you should stop looking like that."

"Looking like what?"

He chuckled, "Looking like you're seducing me."

It was as if cold water was washed over me. And before I could even distance myself, his hand was gripping mine under the table.

"Let go,"

"Since you started it, might as well finish it." He grinned.

I cursed inwardly. Hindi ko na sana ginawa 'yon kung alam kong hahantong sa ganito. But at some point in time, we'll be pretending in front of these people so why am I making a fuss?

"Fine," I blurted and intertwined my fingers to his as I dragged it on top of the table for the people to see.

"That's more like it," He grinned.

I forced a smile at him at hinigpitan ang hawak ko sa kamay niya. I heard him chuckle and we held hands for the rest of the celebration.

* * *

"Hindi ba nangangalay ang kamay mo?"

Napalingon ako sa nagsalita. It was Quinny. Muriel is tailing behind her.

"You and Exene are inseperable. Halos hindi niyo mabitiwan ang isa't isa." Muriel chimed in.

Crap. Was holding hands too much?

Hilaw akong napangiti.

"You said you have something to say to me?" Lisa tilted her head.

Right. But I don't have the courage to tell them right now. But I have to tell them. I owe them the truth.

"What is it? That all of this is fake?" Muriel whispered but loud enough for us to hear.

"What--"

"Oh, is that what you want to talk about?" Quinny asked.

Holy crap. How did they know?

"How--?"

Muriel waved a hand. "We already know. Since the very beginning."

"Right. Exene told us."

"Does the Queen and King know?"

"Mom knows. I don't know about dad but he'll figure soon enough."

Oh god. I'm doomed.

"Oh stop it, Quinny. Don't worry, Lily. Dad won't kill you for that. Kung iyon ang iniisip mo."

"But Ares will probably kill Exene."

"Right. Knowing Ares, he will figure out what's going on in a glance. He's going for Exene. Make sure you're by Exene's side when Ares comes." Muriel laughed but I can't make myself laugh at all.

They must have noticed me being quiet. I felt their hands on both my shoulders.

"Don't worry. Naiintindihan namin kung bakit kailangan ninyong gawin ito. And I am sure Dad and Ares will understand too."

"I don't ever want that bratty Princess as my sister-in-law."

"Technically, I'm not your sister-in-law either."

"Soon, you will be." Quinny grinned and Muriel winked. I felt my cheeks flared in heat.

"We don't have that kind of relationship---"

"Oh for goodness' sake. 'Wag kang magsasalita ng tapos, Lily. We never know." Muriel grinned before she went inside the room.

"We never know." Quinny chimed in and winked before she followed her sister.

God help me.

* * *

"Are you excited for your honeymoon--"

"Don't even start with me Luca,"

"I didn't even finish my sentence." He faked a pout.

"I wonder what's Exene gonna do back in the Palace." Levi said.

Right. Exene said he'd stay in the Palace for the night. I don't exactly know what happened but I saw him earlier with Pierce and they look like they're talking about something serious.

"Do you have any idea, Liliana?"

Napatingin kaming lahat kay Davis. This is the first time he ever talked directly to me since his warning at the greenhouse. I blinked and realized he's waiting for an answer. I shook my head as an answer. He sighed and closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

Nagkatinginan nalang kaming tatlo.

We arrived at the manor safe and sound. Agad akong nagpunta sa aking kwarto and enjoyed a warm bath. I lift my hand and watch my ring finger where the ring has been. I can't believe I actually got married. I know it's all fake but still...

I got out of the bath and wore my robe. It's been two hours since we arrived. I wonder if Exene's going to stay there for a few days. It's not that I'm complaining but tonight is supposed to be a honeymoon night. Won't people be suspecting why he's in the Palace instead of his home with his wife?

Ngunit labis nalang ang gulat ko nang makitang may iba tao sa kwarto. If I didn't held on to the door, I would've slipped head first.

"What on earth are you doing here?"

He bit an apple and raked his gaze over me. I tightened my robe as if he could see beneath it.

"Why, you ask?" He stood up from my bed and faced me. "It's our wedding night, of course, I would be here." He smirked.

I gave him a dirty look. "That doesn't mean you should enter my room without permission. What if I was naked here?"

"Ah, that would be a sight to see."

"Shut up, Exene. Why are you here in my room?" I crossed my arms.

He sighed. "I might be gone for a few days."

I figured.

"And?"

"I figured you might miss so I'm here to say good bye."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. He chuckled.

"I have some very important matters to deal with in the Palace. So I want you to take my place temporarily."

I blinked.

"What?"

"The Duke is out for business matters. The Duchess should take over the throne for the moment."

"Are you asking me to-"

"Exactly."

I didn't even finish my sentence.

"What on earth are you thinking, Exene? I can't possibly rule this city! Why not ask one of your Generals."

He huffed a breath. "The twins are too messy. They might make this city a battleground. Davis is too strict. You're the perfect person for this job. And besides, you are my wife. From now on, you will be beside me while I lead the city. Well, at least pretend to be."

I blinked several times trying to absorb what he just said.

"Aren't...aren't you going to give me a seminar first? At least let me know the basics!"

He chuckled, "It's not hard. You will figure out soon. Just be who you are."
He stepped closer and before I knew it, his lips is on my cheek.

"Good luck leading my city," he whispered and marched towards the door but abruptly stopped,

"One more thing. When Ares visits here, just ignore him. He will leave once he knows I'm not here."

"Exene-"

And he stormed out of the room leaving me dumbfounded.

How the hell am I supposed to lead a city?

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1.3K 42
For some reason, Ciara, the goddess of Death left the Abadon or known as the lower realm and went up into the Mortal realm. She was hoping for a new...
324K 17.3K 58
"Devil, I don't need love. What I need is power."-Eclipse Caelum ____________ Copy pasted from WRAWA so expect some errors in this story Made in WRAW...
2K 155 39
Drifted Series #1 If you were given a chance to drift through time, for what reason will you use it? A famous actress named Aglaea, famously known as...
5.6K 1.7K 45
"Isa ka lamang perpektong kuwento na isinulat ko, hindi ko lubos aakalaing isasabuhay ka ng mga marka ng tinta ko." Paano nga ba kung ang mga imahina...