Smile

By Solo_Bolo

Read and find out More

Authors Words
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
Things to note
7.
8.

5.

296 15 10
By Solo_Bolo

(Excuse any errors or mistakes I didnt proofread)

Kayla Gianna Roberts (Genie) // 16

(Yes this is the same person if you were wondering)

It was around 8:30 on a Sunday and I was currently in my room bored and hungry.

I didn't have school on Monday because it was a teachers development day and I wondered if I would spend tomorrow in the house or would I go out and do something.

I walked to my mom's room, knocking on the door 2 times before entering.

"Hey Ma."

"Hey Bubba," My mom replied as she and Aubrey played connect 4 on the bed.

"So.." I started, sitting down at the edge of the bed.

I quickly thought of how I was going to ask my mom if could I drive could her car to the gas station.

"Ma I'm hungry and I was wondering if it was ok if I drove your car to the corner store?"

My mom quickly turned her head towards me giving me the look that black mom's give to their kids when they ask for stuff they know they not gone get.

"Girl.. Do I look like Boo Boo da foo or something? You not driving my car no where."

"Pleaseeee." I begged clasping my hands together. "I promise Ima be safe and I'll even buy you and Aubrey something."

"Girl I said no, you can call Poodie to come take you or drop you off some food or something."

Ain't nobody bout to call that nigga I thought rolling my eyes at the mention of his name.

I guess my mom noticed because she
then asked, "Are you two not talking right now?"

I shrugged my shoulders trying to think how I would quickly explain the situation, "He was acting weird yesterday and now he acting like he cant pick up the phone but posting on instagram like its all good but you know its whatever."

I got from the bed walking over to the door then I turned my body to face them. "Im about to walk so what ya want?"

"I want some hot fries." said Aubrey as she put a red connect 4 piece in the coin slot thing. (Idk what its called 😂)

"Just get me some skittles since you "forgot" to get me some yesterday. The keys is on the counter."

My mom's mention of the keys made me smile very deviously walking over to her side of the bed.

"Thank you momma."

"Yeah dont crash my car or we gone have a problem." She said in a serious tone before handing me 20 dollars.

"Fasho." I smiled as I left her room and went to my own putting on my sweatsuit and my nike slides.

After I put on my clothes I checked my hair in the mirror and brushed my teeth before grabbing my taser out of my top dresser making sure that it was charged.

It was all types of shit going on in The Ridges especially the side I lived on which was South-ridge and having weapons on you at night especially as a female was a must.

I closed the room to my door and grabbed the keys off of the counter doing the mop because a bitch was excited to be driving.

Even if it was just going to the store.

I exited the house and locked the front door walking towards my mom's car.

I got in the drivers seat and let the car warm up plugging in my phone and searching for a song to play.

When I found a song I pulled out of the driveway and making my way to the store.

———————-

I parked the car in one of the car slots in front of the gas station store making sure that the car was locked before heading inside.

I went down the aisle grabbing some skittles and a bag of hot fries before deciding on what I wanted.

I grabbed myself a couple of snacks and heading to the front and paying.

After the food was bagged I grabbed it and the receipt thanking the cashier before walking back to the car.

As I went to unlock the car door my name was called,"Genie?"

I turned around slowly wondering if I should pull out my taser.

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw two girls who were standing at the entrance of the store.

It took me a moment to realize who the one that called called my name was.

"Kirah?"

"Fc!" Kirah exclaimed running over to me giving me an over dramatic hug. "Genie I've missed you so much."

"I thought you said that you was coming out here for the break?"

"Girl Im moving back out here." She smiled pulling out her school I.D which read my school, Summit High.

"Forreal?" I asked in a high pitched voice.

"Yep a bitch is finally back ready to stunt on all these hoes who was talking." She said laughing.

"Anyway this is my friend, Myanni but everyone call her Yani." She said gesturing to the other girl who was on her phone.

When the girl heard her name being mentioned she put her phone in her pocket and walked over to us, "Heyy."

"Wassup my name's Kayla but I go by Genie."

As I introduced myself I took in her appearance and she seemed to be very shy and quiet.

^^ This is Myanni.

I talked to Kirah and Myanni for a bit learning that Myanni was transferring to our school and that Kirah was moving on the North side of the Ridge.

I got Myanni's instagram and number before saying my goodbyes and driving home.

When got back to the house I gave my mom and sister their snacks, proud of myself for bringing the car back without a single scratch.

After returning the keys I headed to my room where I watched Netflix until I fell asleep.

—————————-

When I woke up the next morning I grabbed my phone looking at the time.

My phone told me that it 1:05 meaning that I still had time to get dressed, go out and be back by curfew for school.

I put my phone down deciding on what I wanted to eat for breakfast when I saw somebody sitting in the corner of my room.

"The Fuck!" I screamed as I shot up straight on the bed and threw what ever was closest to me.

"Its me damn Genie." Poodie yelled as he dodged the remote control I chucked at his head.

"Fuck you in the corner for..how you even get in here?" I questioned as I fixed my bonnet.

"Yo sister let me in I was waiting for you to wake up."

"She would let this nigga in," I muttered wiping away my eye crust.

He got up and stretched before saying, "What you tryna do?"

"Shit you tell me, what's the move?" I said turning my head towards him with a  slight mug on my face.

I still felt some type of way about Saturday.

I walked over to my drawer looking for an outfit to wear.

"My fc moved back out here," I said grabbing a black shirt.

"Kirah fine ass?" Poodie grinned as he started to roll up a blunt on my night stand.

"You know she has like a whole boyfriend right?"

"I mean they don't call me Mr.Steal yo girl for nothing." He unconcernedly replied showcasing texts from his many hoes.

"Poodah bye," I chuckled grabbing my clothes and heading to the bathroom.

I turned on the shower waiting for it to get warm and I went on instagram scrolling through my likes.

I saw that Jayceon like and commented under my post causing me to smile slightly.

Jayce.2x commented: So damn pretty 😍😍

Do he like me? I wondered as I put down my phone and checked the water temperature.

Girl you sound stupid as hell niggas be in whole relationships and still comment shit but, he not in a relationship so....

I took of my clothes and stepped into the shower deciding not to get distracted with my thoughts.

———————

I sat at the food court with Poodie eating a taco while talking to Kirah on ft.

"Are ya on the way?"

"Yeah Im going to pick up Myanni rn" Kirah said glancing at the camera before looking up at the road.

"Ight bet." I said watching Poodie get up from the table and walk over to a group of guys.

I said bye to Kirah and hung up the ft call pretending like I was on my phone when really was just ease dropping trying to hear what they was talking bout.

"Aye Poodie," said an slightly older guy who had dreads and tattoos all over his arms, "Wassup with you and Jayceon being called over to da trap?"

My ears perked up at the sound of Jayceon's name.

I was surprised to hear that Poodie and Jayceon knew each other considering that I was pretty sure that Jayceon was new to town.

I got up to throw my trash away trying to hear them more better.

"Man ion even know Boosie was all like Fuck Northridge all them niggas gotta die and shit like dude I hit licks and fuck bitches fuck you talm bout." Poodie said which made them all start laughing.

"Boosie want ya niggas to do a mission?" Some other dude asked putting on his durag.

"Yeah over some nigga who stealing product he said he'll tell the team the plan in a couple days."

My eyes widened at what I just heard.

I knew that missions were really just a street code for robbing nd killing people and my mind just couldn't wrap around the fact that not just Poodie but Jayceon were possibly going to kill somebody?

Then I realized that this all sorta makes sense.

The text Poodie got on Saturday must have been this Boosie dude which is probably like their boss. 

The text must have also been why Poodie's whole demeanor changed and he said he had to go. This would also explain why he didn't want tell me why he was acting the way he was.

I walked back over to the table and started playing with my fingers trying to get my thoughts together.

"Genie." Poodie said sitting back down in his seat.

I continued to play with my fingers not hearing him call my name.

"Genie."

"What?" I said looking up at him.

"You good?"

"Yea- um..look Kirah here." I said quickly getting out of my seat and walking over to her and Myanni.

I decided not to let what I heard bother me for the moment and I pretended to act normal while I secretly figured out what to do. If I even decided to go anything.

"Heyy girlies." I said giving them each a hug.

"Heyy," They said greeting me back.

"Kirahhh," Poodie dragged walking up to her giving her a hug.

"Hi Poodie." She trying not to smile as she  hugged him back.

"Wassup wit chu, you still gotta nigga?" He asked looking down at her while licking his lips.

"Nah not at the moment he aint been acting right." She replied playfully rolling her eyes.

"Potential couple alert." I said to Myanni.

"I mean..." Poodie started to say.

"Genie bye." Kirah said turning her face away from Poodie who responded by grabbing her waist and tilting her head so they made eye contact.

"Ya really cute," Yanni cooed recording them. 

After Poodie and Myanni were introduced to each other we walked around the mall mainly going into the shoe stores.

"Damn he fine," Myanni said looking at some guy who was trying on shoes.

"Then go over there and spitt yo game sis." I encouraged nudging her shoulder.

"Nah I been in way too many bad relationships and I come to learn niggas aint shit and they problematic." She responded shaking her head and grabbing some air maxes off the rack.

"Totally understand cuz niggas will really have you damn near bout to lose yo mind."

"If that ain't the truth," Kirah agreed grabbing some brand new jordans out of the shoebox.

After buying some shoes we left the store and walked towards the entrance.

Before we could leave out the mall 3 teenage boys around our age started talking to Poodie.

"You one of Boosie niggas?" The tallest of the three said, smirking at Poodie.

I noticed he had nappy dreads and a grill that seemed to be made with low quality material.

"Yeah nigga is there a problem." Poodie responded slightly mugging them.

"Yeah nigga its a problem cuz we don't funk wit ya South ridge niggas." Another one said throwing up their set, which told us that they was from Northridge.

"Then what ya tryna do nigga?" Poodie said putting down his shoe bag. "Ya North side niggas aint scaring nobody."

The three dudes walked closer putting their bags down as well.

People around us started to get quiet stopping to look and record.

"Nigga you ain't scaring nobody." The dread head said causing them to laugh and agree.

"Why the fuck ya coming over here fucking wit him, he wasn't worried about ya lame ass niggas," Kirah said.

"No for real and I'll get my people to fuck ya niggas up over my brother real quick." I added causing Yanni to nod her head.

"Fuck yo people bitch," The third one said waving me off.

This caused Poodie to attempt to throw the first punch.

"Aye back the the fuck up!" Some dude said getting in between Poodie and the niggas from North ridge.

They didn't listen continuing to talk shit and walk closer.

"I said back the fuck up!" The dude yelled roughly pushing back one of them.

"You tryna get yo ass beat too nigga?" The dread head questioned as they all tried to walk up and jump him.

"I guarantee ya niggas dont wanna fuck with me." The dude said pulling up his shirt showing a gun tucked into his pants, "Fuck outta here before I lose my cool."

When they saw the gun they backed up slowly saying shit like South-ridge nigga's bitches before walking out of the mall.

"Pussy ass niggas," The dude said turning around to face us.

"You good?" He asked talking to Poodie.

"Yeah Im straight preciate you." he said dapping the guy up.

"Nothing to it can you tell Boosie to call me say its Debo?"

"Fasho," Poodie replied picking up his shoes box.

I started at Debo admiring his features and he looked over at me making eye contact.

I looked away but not before seeing him look me up and down smirking then proceeding to walk away.

"I see you Genie." Kirah teased causing me to try and hide my smile.

"I know what I said earlier about niggas being problematic but if I got looked at the way you did I would've got that number." Yanni grinned looking at me.

"Right." Kirah said high fiving her causing Poodie to dead face her before looking at his phone.

She ignored his glare and asked me and Myanni did we want to go to this party that this girl named Monica was throwing on Friday.

(The name sound familiar?)

"Yeah I'll go." Yani said nodding her head.

"And of course I'm going," I said as I started putting outfits together in my head.

"So you not gone invite me?" Poodie gasped putting his hand on his chest like he was offended.

"No because you was gone go anyway." Kirah said matter of factly.

"True dat," he said agreeing.

We walked out the mall and me and Poodie said bye to Yanni and Kirah before getting in the car and going back to my house.

____________________
•What do ya think?

•Does Genie have a new love interest?

•Should I write in another pov instead of Genie and Jayceon? If so, who?

Thanks for reading 💗

——————————————
This chapter was ass but I promise its gone get more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 41.2K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
262K 8.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
89.9K 5K 35
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...