5.

(Excuse any errors or mistakes I didnt proofread)

Kayla Gianna Roberts (Genie) // 16

(Yes this is the same person if you were wondering)

It was around 8:30 on a Sunday and I was currently in my room bored and hungry.

I didn't have school on Monday because it was a teachers development day and I wondered if I would spend tomorrow in the house or would I go out and do something.

I walked to my mom's room, knocking on the door 2 times before entering.

"Hey Ma."

"Hey Bubba," My mom replied as she and Aubrey played connect 4 on the bed.

"So.." I started, sitting down at the edge of the bed.

I quickly thought of how I was going to ask my mom if could I drive could her car to the gas station.

"Ma I'm hungry and I was wondering if it was ok if I drove your car to the corner store?"

My mom quickly turned her head towards me giving me the look that black mom's give to their kids when they ask for stuff they know they not gone get.

"Girl.. Do I look like Boo Boo da foo or something? You not driving my car no where."

"Pleaseeee." I begged clasping my hands together. "I promise Ima be safe and I'll even buy you and Aubrey something."

"Girl I said no, you can call Poodie to come take you or drop you off some food or something."

Ain't nobody bout to call that nigga I thought rolling my eyes at the mention of his name.

I guess my mom noticed because she
then asked, "Are you two not talking right now?"

I shrugged my shoulders trying to think how I would quickly explain the situation, "He was acting weird yesterday and now he acting like he cant pick up the phone but posting on instagram like its all good but you know its whatever."

I got from the bed walking over to the door then I turned my body to face them. "Im about to walk so what ya want?"

"I want some hot fries." said Aubrey as she put a red connect 4 piece in the coin slot thing. (Idk what its called 😂)

"Just get me some skittles since you "forgot" to get me some yesterday. The keys is on the counter."

My mom's mention of the keys made me smile very deviously walking over to her side of the bed.

"Thank you momma."

"Yeah dont crash my car or we gone have a problem." She said in a serious tone before handing me 20 dollars.

"Fasho." I smiled as I left her room and went to my own putting on my sweatsuit and my nike slides.

After I put on my clothes I checked my hair in the mirror and brushed my teeth before grabbing my taser out of my top dresser making sure that it was charged.