8.

Kayla Gianna Roberts (Genie) // 16

• Don't forget to vote and comment

As I walked down the hall to the office I could feel the nervousness wash over me.

I wondered if I should text back now since I was leaving school but I decided it was best to talk to ma first.

When I arrived in the office I walked up to the office desk and signed myself out.

I said goodbye to the office lady, Mrs.Carley and a girl in my class before walking out the office door.

I expected my mom to be the one who picked me up early but instead was my auntie Ree.

"Heyy Tee Tee," I said with confusion in my voice as I opened the passengers side door and climbed in.

"Hey Genie, how was school?"

"It was okay." I said quietly as I threw my backpack in the back and buckled myself in.

"Um Tee Tee?"

"Yes?" Auntie Ree said as she drove out the school parking lot.

"Why did you come and pick me up early?"

"Your mom called and asked and I was in the area so I came and got you."

I nodded my head as I listened to music on the radio.

"Also, when she had called and asked it sounded serious," She added making my feel even more nervous.

"Oh," I said dryly looking out of the window, "Are we going to go pick up Aubrey?"

"No," Auntie Ree said getting on the freeway, "I think this conversation is for the grown folks."

A few minutes later we arrived at my house and I took a couple deep breaths before exiting the car.

I opened the cars back door then grabbing my backpack before asking, "Are you coming in?"

"No I have to go run some errands for my shop but I can come back later."

"Oh okay, bye auntie." I said getting in the back of the car to hug her and then walking my way to the front door.

I started to slowly unlock the door but then I decided to just wait and I took the key out the lock and sat down on the porch.