Don't Call Me That

By lizneely1992

Leila and Sammi are best friends. They experienced everything together. Some problems back home forced them... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20-I'm back!
Chapter 21

Chapter 14

114 3 0
By lizneely1992

Once they got back inside, Hannah went to find a couch to sit down on.  Scott and Sammi had chased her for most of the time that they were outside.  She was tired and you could see it.  

Sammi had quickly changed back into her clothes and given Leila a hug before running off to fix her hair so that she was ready for her mating with Riley. After the run, Sammi's whole body carried a relaxed vibe and she seemed calmer.  Leila was really happy for her friend and knew that she wouldn't have to concern herself with anything going sour for her tonight.  She and Riley loved one another and it was clear to see. They were perfect for each other.  

Leila hung out with Scott in the kitchen next to the Whiplash until Sarah showed up and Scott deserted her to go find a room with a lock on it. Leila laughed at the joke and made herself a cup of Whiplash, making sure to slowly sip the drink so that the wolfs-bane would slowly affect her instead of all at once. As she drank she looked around to see the other attendees to the party.  Many of the party goers seemed to be feeling the Whiplash as well because they were lounging or sleeping on the couch.

Leila wondered where Grayson was. She felt a little angry that he hadn't come to seek her out at the party. She thought about the almost kiss that they shared, and how he made her feel whenever he came around her.  Did he feel what she felt whenever their skin made contact?  Probably not, she thought to herself. If she was going to be honest with herself, she kind of missed having the guy around.  Since he left, there had no one to tease her. Sure, Hannah and Scott gave her a good laugh and banter but they were like a snack to tie her over until the main course Grayson came back.  She shook her head at the thoughts going through her head.

Looking down into her cup she noticed it was emptied and decided to refill it. It's not like there was anyone there to stop her. Besides, the juice made her insides tingle.  The taste was so addicting that she decided to finish the rest of what was in her cup faster than the previous cup.  

Throwing away her cup to keep herself from consuming more, Leila made her way back through the house.  There were a lot less people there than when she first arrived.  Looking at the nearest clock, realized that they all probably left because of the late hour.  It was probably time for her to leave as well.  

As Leila walked out the front door, she stopped and looked into her clutch to find her keys.  Pulling them out she began to walk to her car again.  

"Leila." A deep voice called to her from behind. 

She almost jumped two feet in the air at the voice calling her name, dropping her keys in the process.

"Shit!" Bending down she picked up her keys that had fallen into the grass. She turned around when she stood up to face the voice that called her name. "Don't scare me like that! A little warning next time, please." She scowled at him placing the keys in her purse.

Grayson chuckled at her anger, ignoring her comment. "You know, it's rude not to speak to the Alpha when you come into his home." He walked closer to her.

"I didn't see you, so I didn't speak." Leila couldn't believe his nerve.  She had been there all night, walking all over the house looking smoking hot and it is her fault that she didn't speak?  Letting her anger and the Whiplash guide her, she continued on her way to her car stopping at the driver's side door.  Grayson followed. 

"Now would be a good time." He displayed that cocky smirk of his.

Snapping her head up from trying to find her keys in her purse she smirked at him. "Hi Alpha. Thank you for the party, I had a lovely time. Are you happy now?"

He shrugged. "It's a start."

Finding her keys in her purse, Leila felt Grayson step closer to her.  "You do know that I can't let you get in the car after you have been drinking, right?"

"I only had one cup of Whiplash."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "I find that very hard to believe."

Fumbling for the key Leila found the unlock button.  She tried to open the door but Grayson closed it as soon as she opened it.  He looked at her and she huffed.  

"Fine, so I had few cups of Whiplash but that was like an hour ago and I am fine."

"I don't care. You aren't driving."  His eyes darkened. "If something happened to you, I would never forgive myself." She couldn't if it was sarcasm or seriousness. Looking into his eyes, Leila quickly realized that he was serious.

"Fine. If I can't drive, then you give me a ride home."  She was a little shocked at her forwardness.  Maybe she really did have too much to drink.  

"Sorry I've already had a few cups of that poison tonight, so I can't help you."  She grunted at him and he chuckled.

"Fine. Then I'll just find someone inside to give me a ride home." She smirked at him pushing a fallen piece of hair to the side.

"Good luck, because most of the people that are left inside, which is about five or six, are spending the night so that they don't drink and drive. It's a rule of the pack. Also, I'm quite sure that from what I heard coming out of Riley's room, Sammi doesn't want to be bothered either."  

Frustrated, Leila pulls out her cell phone. "Okay, well I'll call a cab."

"At this time of night you definitely won't find one, because the town only has one cab driver and he is passed out on a couch inside," Grayson said.

Crossing her arms and pursing her lips she glared at him. "What the hell am I supposed to do then?"  

He leaned over, smiled, and whispered into her ear.  "Stay."

A shiver raced up and down her back at his breath on her ear. Hurriedly regaining her composure, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever."  She walked past him stalking into the house, listening to his chuckle from behind her.

Grayson led her to a room upstairs. She muttered a curt thank you and went inside.  The room was large and mostly white. There was a wrought iron bed with all white bedding.  A chrome desk sat beneath a large picture window with a lamp and computer on top. A large flat screen hung on the wall above the fireplace.  Black and white pictures hung on the otherwise empty wall above a black dresser.  A door to the left led to the bathroom, which contained a garden tub and shower with dual heads. A knock at the door pulled Leila from wondering how many times her condo could fit into the bedroom alone.  

She opened the door to see Grayson.  He was holding some clothes Leila recognized as Sammi's.

"I thought you might want something more comfortable to sleep in." She took the t-shirt and jogging pants from him, surprised at his gesture. 

Letting a small smile show, she spoke. "Thank you."  He nodded and turned to walk away. 

Laying in bed for what seemed like hours, unable to sleep, Leila decided to get up.  Walking to the bathroom a glimmer through the window caught her eye. Looking out the window, she saw a small pond in front of the house with a two seater swing in front of it. Slipping on a pair of slippers she found in the bathroom, she left her room to explore the pond. 

Once she got out to the swing, she quietly sat down and curled her knees to her chest. It was a peaceful place.  A good place to get lost in her thoughts.  She contemplated finding a compatible roommate to take Sammi's place. She knew it would be an impossible task.  No one would ever be the roommate that Sammi was.  She thought about how much she missed her family.  The fact that Sammi found her mate and that she wanted the same crossed her mind as well.  Being so deep in her thoughts, she didn't hear Grayson approach. He was wearing black knit pants, a white v-neck shirt, and a navy blue cardigan. He smelled so good. If only she could figure out what that scent is.

When he came around to the front of the swing, he stared at Leila.  She let out a groan. "What do you want now?"

"Surprisingly, I didn't know you were out here until I got closer. I use the swing to get away to think sometimes." His face was void of any emotion.  She chided herself for being so rude and thinking he was there to bother her. Not that she wanted him there for her, when she was supposed to be angry with him. She felt her face flush and he chuckled.  

"Do you mind if I sit and think too?" Leila nodded not saying anything.

They didn't talk for a while.  A cool breeze caused Leila to shiver. Grayson looked over at her and took off his cardigan. "Here." He placed it on her shoulders and she put her arms through the sleeves.

"Thanks." Reveling in the warmth of his sweater, she give him a small smile  

"See? I can be a nice guy." He smiled at her.

She scoffed. "Oh yeah the sweetest." He laughed at her sarcasm. "I think you are 1 for 277 this month alone."

He laughed harder and Leila could feel his arm brush hers. She realized just how small the bench was.  "That's not right because I thought I was at 275."

"Well, taking my car keys and making spend the night are two different points for me." He nodded as if understanding his error. 

"Ah I see. I apologize for the miscalculation.  277 it is. Well, sweets I have really got to work on my skills then huh?"

She laughed at him.  "Lots of work. And stop calling me that."

"Make me." Leila turned her head back to face him and he looked at her with a new fire in his eyes.

The bench was small, they were sitting pretty close to each other. She could smell him. His scent was stronger now and she felt herself lean into him wanting to get more of his intoxicating aroma. His hand reached for the back of her head and gently he pulled her closer to him closing the distance between their mouths and their lips touched.

It was soft and sweet at first. Like he was trying to be delicate with her until he was sure she wanted it. Leila leaned more into him deepening the kiss, gently pulling on his bottom lip with her teeth. Grayson groaned in his throat. The fireworks that exploded between them was instant. Her wolf howled inside her conscience and all of a sudden she knew she had to be on him. She had to be near him. The need to be wrapped in his arms was insatiable. His embrace felt warm and safe. Like home. Real. And there was nothing fake in the sensation he was making her feel between her legs.

She felt one of his hands travel down to her lower back and pull her closer to him. She boldly pulled her leg over his lap and straddled him, being careful about it so that the swing didn't move too much. Running her hands through his hair, she pulled him closer to her body. He lightly licked her bottom lip and she parted her lips and he began a dance in her mouth with his tongue. A moan escaped between Leila's lips. He sent warm tingles throughout her body. She felt herelf slowly grind into his lap causing Grayson to let out a moan.  It felt beautiful and she didn't want it to end. She breathed in his scent begging for more.

Parting to catch their breaths, he looked at her with a sincere look. "Beautiful." He whispered. She leaned in to begin round two, as he ran his hands up and down her back, bringing one hand around to grope her chest. He released her mouth and made his way with small kisses down to her neck. His tongue and teeth danced along her throat with each nibble releasing another satisfactory moan.  She ran her hand up and down his hard chest, appreciating his sculpted body. 

Leila heard and felt his phone go off in his pocket. She started to pull away. "Ignore it." He spoke breathlessly. She quickly nodded and they resumed their kiss. His pocket started to sing and vibrate again. This time a deep growl released from inside of him as they pulled apart. He stared at her with such a fire in his eyes, like he was seeing her naked. Only she didn't feel self-conscious.

As he pulled his phone out of his pocket, he kept his eyes on her until he answered. She could hear Addison say hello on the other end.

"What do you want?" He growled into the phone. 

"You baby. Can you come over right now?" Her voice had seduction and an air of desperation in it.

"No."

"That's not what you said to me two weeks ago before you left town.  You couldn't get enough of me. Please Grayson.  I know you are back in town.  I'm even wearing that red dress that you like." Leila knew if it were possible, Addison would reach through the phone and take Grayson right there. 

Leila scoffed in disgust at Addison's words.  Just because they probably had something a long time ago doesn't mean they have something now.  

Then she realized the significance of her words. Grayson left the morning after their almost kiss.  Hemust have gone to see her after he left her that night. And now he was on the phone with that booty call while she was sitting on his lap.  Suddenly she felt like the whole world was seeing her naked. It felt like a million eyes were on her. What was she doing? Did he just think she was a booty call too?

The thoughts must have registered on her face as well, because when she looked at Grayson, he had a confused look on his face as he continued to try and end the call with Addison. She jumped off of his lap as if he has a disease that she didn't want to catch.  Then she did what her wolf did best, which was run. Running until she was back to the house and away from him. The whole time she ignored Grayson calling her name.  She was unbelievable pissed off at him.  And jealous of Addison. The fact that he slept with her after they shared whatever they shared was a stab in the chest.  At the same time, they weren't in a relationship and they could do whatever they wanted. Still, he led her on and made her feel like there was potential for them to be something.  

She felt stupid for falling for his tricks. That is really what made her mad. The fact that he seduced her and made her fall for his games. And that bitch Addison. She could just strangle her.  The fact that she slept with him and got to be close to him, while Leila was sitting in the wings waiting.  Waiting for nothing.  She felt her inner wolf grow sad and more angry.

Leila closed her door and locked it in case anyone, especially Grayson tried to come in. She began to pace. She just wanted to be alone. Her heart hurt. Though, she couldn't understand why it hurt so much more than any of her previous relationships.  They weren't even anything official but it hurt like hell to understand what he did. Could it mean something? No, she shook the thought from her head. She shook all thoughts of Grayson from her head. 

A knock on the door startled her. 

"Sweets. Please let me in." Grayson pleaded on the other side. How dare he act like he is innocent! She was fuming. 

"No. Go away."

"I'm not leaving until you let me in." He voice came through the door again.

"Fuck you Grayson." She continued to pace back and forth.

"Well Sweets, I have to admit, that's where I thought we were heading outside on the swing." He chuckled at his own joke. 

"Are you kidding me right now?" Leila was completely shocked at his answer. He thought after that, they were going to have sex?.  What a jackass. 

"No really, I thought we were really going to do the dirty. Just open the door so I can explain this to your face."

Leila walked to the door and opened it.  She looked up at him and saw the remnants of the fire they started outside in his eyes.  "I want you to listen and listen carefully Grayson.  You are a pig.  The lowest of the low, and if you think that for one second that I would ever have sex with you then you are wrong.  You are a coward and a player and I don't have time for that in my life.  What happened out on that bench just now was a mistake.  One that I don't intend to make again. You are the alpha of my pack and my boss.  That is it.  Nothing more."

Grayson's eyes widened then glared at her words.  "So you aren't even going to let me explain?" 

"No, because at the end of the day, you chose her.  You led me on and then chose her.  So go to her Grayson just like you did when you left me two weeks ago, because there is nothing here for you." With that she closed the door and locked it. Standing at the closed door, she took in a deep breath. Leila felt like it was supposed the right thing to do.  Stop the pain before it happens.  Though she couldn't understand why it hurt way more than what she expected.  She heard his footsteps walk away.

When she climbed into bed, she realized that still had his cardigan on. Quickly stripping it off, she threw it on top of the dresser and climbed back in bed for a restless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 81.9K 26
Alexis Lee finds her possessive Alpha mate, Dylan Zanders. Not only is he the Alpha, he happens to be popular and quite the ladies man. He has quite...
255K 7.8K 39
Jordan lived a happy married life with her Prince Charming. She could never imagine she lived a life of lie until she took small trip on her annivers...
12.7K 207 16
Seth and Angie are bestfriends. Seth and Nikki are lovers. Tyrone is a visiting alpha. It all spiraled up and down when Drew and Myla entered the pic...
117K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...