How did I fall for Nico Di An...

By xXannabethXx

Leah is an average girl living in New York with a tough life. She watched her mom, dad, and sister die in fro... More

Prologue [EDITED]
Chapter 1: funnel cakes, Stalkers, and a Cyclops? EDITED
Chapter 2 Ex-boyfriend's back and the old-hag poisoned me
Chapter 3 First day of school and I made a friend
Chapter 4: Memories and agonizing headaches! Hoo-rah.
Chapter 5: Lucy's Life in Hades
Chapter 6: Sirens and Nico's Unexpected Visitor?
Chapter 7: New demi-god and who's related to who?
Chapter 8: Zack's POV
Chapter 10: Who's back and how did I get those tattoos?
*very important please read*
Chapter 11: How many vistitors are there?!
Chapter 12: Old hag beat me and oh I got wings. WHAT!?
Chapter 13: Clarisse's vow and Lucy is pissed
Chapter 14: The hag is a what? Oh and I see my past
Chapter 15: Interruptions and feelings and secrets unravel?
Chapter 16: Gears turn, blushing day and feelings are finally shown! <3
Chapter 17: Nico's feelings and Hades flashback of Maria
Chapter 18 & 19: The truth is out
Chapter 20: Tension in the air and what is Evianna planing?
Chapter 21: Shocking facts or prophecy?
Chapter 22: What is wrong with Evianna?
Chapter 23: The first of three: A Sabor Horffin
Chapter 24: The second of three: The Sekhem
Chapter 25: The Last of Three
Chapter 26: What!? Why am I five again?!
Chapter 27: The final Battle and Epilogue
ATTENTION! SEQUAL INFO!!!

Chap. 9: Ex-boyfriend's a demi-god & Why the hell does that girl look like me!?

13.7K 243 151
By xXannabethXx

Chapter Nine:

                                                Ex-boyfriend’s a demi-god & Why the hell does that girl look like me!?

Unknown POV   (Actually it’s Leah’s Ex but I never said his name)

‘Dammit.’ I cursed under my breath looking at my recent math test. I got nine questions out of ten wrong. I just hate math. It leaves no room for creativeness, it’s just too exact.

The bell rang and I got up. Ever since she decided to tell me off in public my relationship life hasn’t been that great. I walked to my locker crumbling up my math test and throwing it in the trashcan. I didn’t look where I was going and I bumped into someone.

The girl fell to the floor and dropped all her stuff. She looked really pretty. She had long straight jet black hair, slightly tan skin, electric blue eyes, and full pink lips. She was wearing a black leather jacket, neon blue shirt underneath that matched her eyes and black skinny jeans with black boots over her jeans. Who am I kidding she looked HOT.

‘Sorry’ I said helping her off the ground. She kept looking at me and a little smile spread across her lips.

‘It’s okay. I’m Jennifer by the way.’ She said sticking her hand out. I took her hand and kissed it lightly.

‘Gabriel, but everyone calls me Gabe.’ I said as she smiled.

‘Cool, what are your parent’s names?’ she asked. What a weird question to ask someone you just meet.

‘Uh well my dad’s name is Nathaniel, and my mom… well she kind of left us after I was born.’ I said scratching the back of my head. She frowned.

‘Oh, I’m so sorry.’ She said looking down.

‘Nah it’s okay.’ I said looking away. There was an awkward silence before she spoke. 

‘Can you help me read my schedule? I have dyslexia and I don’t really understand it.’ She said looking slight embarrassed.

‘Umm I would but I’m dyslexic too.’ I said slightly mad I couldn’t help her. Her smile widened.

‘Wanna skip school with me? My dad has connections and we could go somewhere.’ She said looking at me.

‘Sure’ I said shrugging my shoulders. Her smile spread across her face.

‘Great! Umm you don’t mind if I take my brother right? I’m supposed to be watching him.’ She said pouting slightly and I laughed.

‘Sure’ I said smiling. She turned around and walked to a boy that was looking at us intently. He had short black spiky hair, neon blue eyes like Jennifer’s, he was about 6 feet and was tanned, and he looked about 16 years old. He was wearing clothes identical to Jennifer’s, black jeans, a blue shirt that matched his eyes and a black leather jacket with the sleeves rolled up.

She came back to me and smiled showing me her pearly white teeth.

‘Gabe this is my younger brother, Zack.’ She said smiling at me.

‘Hey’ he said and plugged his earphones in his ears. I looked at Jennifer.

‘How old is he?’ I asked her question.

‘He’s 16, and I’m 17.’ She said taking my hand and dragging me while her brother followed us lazily.

We got in a car and Jennifer started driving.

‘Umm where are we going?’ I said watching trees go flying by.

‘To show you what you are.’ Jennifer said staring out the road.

‘And what would that be?’ I asked unsure of what she was going to say.

‘A demi-god.’ She said. I froze.

‘You mean half human and half god?’ I asked and she looked at me surprised but nodded her head.

‘How do you know that?’ that’s what my dad told me a couple years ago he said I got it from my mom and I told him he was insane. I never believed him but…. Somehow I always knew I was a demi-god.

‘Well since you know what you are…’ Jennifer said making the car in a big U-turn.

‘….might as well take you to the camp.’ She said driving at a hundred miles per hour. I grabbed onto the seat and closed my eyes. Next thing I knew we were parked in a clearing and got out. We started walking upwards towards the camp.

‘Gabe welcome to Camp Half-Blood.’ Jennifer said smiling. We walked to what I’m guessing is the main cabin and was met by a half man, half horse. He smiled at me and spoke.

‘Hello Gabe, My name is Chiron and over there is Dionysus or Mr. D.’ he said pointing over to a plump short man. He grumbled and turned away.

‘He was explaining stuff about the camp but I tuned him out. I saw a long slender body, with long black hair, by the door with her back faced towards me and I knew who it was instantly.

‘Hey there Leah.’ I said and she slowly turned around with shock all over her face before glaring at me and leaving. I rolled my eyes and looked up at Chiron.

‘Mind if I explore?’ I asked and left when he nodded yes. I walked towards the cabins lined up and walked looked at a random one and walked up to it. Hermes.

I walked in and looked around; no one was here so I sat on a bed that no one was on. The part that I was listening to Chiron was that I would be staying at Hermes cabin until I’ve been claimed as one of the gods or goddesses child. I closed my eyes and drifted into a soft sleep until I heard the door open.

I sighed and sat up. My breath caught. She was wearing a pure white nightgown and her long black hair was slightly tousled.

‘Leah? What are you doing here?’ Leah looked a little shocked but shook her head a little before looking at me. Okay, weird.

‘Hey, I was just wondering which parent is a god or goddess.’ She said standing by the door. There was something strangely different about her though. I looked at her again. Everything checked out okay… black hair, tanned skin, blue eyes, viola in her hand…. WAIT!

‘Leah I thought you had green eyes?’ I said getting confused. She seemed to realize something and walked out the door. Wait, doesn’t she play violin?

I hoped out the bed and ran out the door. The sun was already setting. I looked around and she was nowhere in sight. I sighed and looked down. On the floor was a pure white feather about a foot long. What the hell? Birds don’t get that large in New York.

I decided it was a good time to get some dinner so I walked to the mess hall. I saw Leah and she was wearing a black skirt that wasn’t short enough to my liking and a plain black shirt. I walked up to her a little confused.

‘Hey Leah, how’d you change so quickly?’ I asked her and she looked at with a “WTF” look.

‘What type of crack are you taking?’ she asked me in a dead serious tone. I scrunched my eyebrows up together.

‘You were wearing I white nightgown when you went to my cabin.’ I said and she looked at me like I was insane. I am not insane. Right?

I looked at her eyes and they were the deep forest green I’ve always looked at from years back.

‘I knew you had green eyes.’ I said to her and she truly looked scared.

‘Seriously I think you really need to stop taking drugs.’ She said.

‘I’m serious!’ I yelled in frustration.

‘If you must know I have been here the whole time talking to Chiron over there I just sat down when you came over here.

I walked out of the mess hall completely forgetting my hunger. I leaned on a tree and stood there looking at the sky.

How could Leah be at two places at once or have different eye colors? Why a feather? Something’s going on here and I want to know what that is. I know she doesn’t have a twin sister or else she would’ve told me while we were going out.

I took out my cell phone.

‘Come on, come on pick up already.’ I mumbled. Finally I heard my servant’s voice. What? I’m rich and I have a servant, so what.

‘I have a task I need you to do for me.’ I said tapping my foot on the floor.

‘Yes Mr. Gabe?’

‘I need you to do a very detailed search on my ex-girlfriend, Leah Ashwood. Call me right away if you find anything strange or interesting. That is all.’ I said before closing my phone and staring up into the sky. For some reason it felt like I was being watched but by who?

I felt someone next to me and looked that way.

Leah’s POV

What the hell is he taking? I don’t get why the 3 fates have made my past come back but they are defiantly out to get me. When I saw him my heart was breaking all over again. He reminded me why I shouldn’t be open.

*FLASH BACK*

3 years ago

I grabbed my violin tightly and looked across the ocean. My foster mom had beat me today because I didn’t bring her food to her on time. It was first time she's ever did that time and I threatened to call the police on her and she promised never to do it again.

She made me get blood smears on my white dress and I don’t appreciate it.

I let the wind whip my dress and hair in different directions. I raised my arms above my head and let ocean sound and the ocean smell take me away.

‘What the hell Leah?’ I heard a voice behind me say and I sighed.

‘Yes?’ I asked Gabe as he violently pulled me away from the cliff top I was standing on.

‘Are you trying to kill yourself?’ Gabe asked pissed as hell and I giggled making him even madder.

‘No, I’m not. I had a dream I was missing and you were so scared, but no one would listen cause no one else cared. After I dreamed it, I woke with this fear: What am I leaving when I’m done here? So I came over here to clear my thoughts’ I said taking a deep breath. (A/n: Yes those are the lines are from Linkin Park, Leav out all the rest, just pretend it Linkin Park doesnt exist in the story or at least the song kay. ;D )

‘Ever since the accident you’ve been so weird. You’re not the same, you won’t even let me see your family which you promised I’d get to see.’ He said clearly trying to calm himself.

‘Things are complicated at home.’ I said thinking of my dead parents and sister.

‘That I get but you don’t paint no more and we’ve been dating for about six years and you have never told me your last name.’ he said.

‘Last names are just a title. We care so much for last names it sends us the wrong meaning. Surely you can love me without knowing my last name.’ I said.

‘Have you been reading Romeo and Juliet again?’ he asked me and I blushed. I finished reading it last night before I went to bed.

‘That doesn’t mean anything!’ I said with smile creeping on my face.

‘I feel like there’s too many secrets your hiding and I’ve waited years for you to open up to me but I’m not sure you ever will. You’re depressed at school and I can’t be seen dating an “emo-chick”. I mean just look at your dress, it’s smeared in blood! ’ He said as light dimmed in his eyes.

'Excuse me? it shouldnt matter if I was emo or not, and I'm not. Things are tough at home okay.' I said getting mad and he sighed.

‘Look I know you're going through family problems but you really need to hurry up and get over them cause this has been going on for too long.’ He said and I was shocked.

‘Your breaking up with me?’ I asked voicing my thoughts.

‘Yup. Look there are other fish in the sea and I feel like your're holding me down. Im not going to lie and say the whole “its not you, its me” speech because we both know its not. It’s not me, its you. So when your done pretending to be happy and go back to your old self call me and I’ll reconsider getting back with you, okay?’ he said almost as if he were saying I ate a cupcake last night.

I was shocked, angry, and most of all pissed. Wow, I wonder if he knew my entire family was basically murdered in front of my eyes he would have some sympathy. After what I heard today I don’t even think he has a heart.

‘Fine but you’ll come running back to me and I’m just going to laugh at your face.’ I spat at him and walked away.

I walked around for about an hour till I stopped at a guitar shop. I walked inside and looked at a white acoustic guitar and bought it just like that. I had a lot of money with me so it wasn’t a problem. I took the guitar and walked to a park holding my violin in my other hand it was in its case so I was fine.

I tuned my guitar and started strumming. I took a little bit of lessons in sixth grade but that was it. Lyrics started forming in my head as I started to sing.

‘Milk it for all it's worth, make sure you get there first
The apple of your eye, the rotten core inside
We are all prisoners, things couldn't get much worse
I've had it up to here, you know your end is near

You had to have it all, well have you had enough ?
You greedy little bastard, you will get what you deserve
When all is said and done, I will be the one
To leave you in your misery and hate what you've become’

I opened my eyes and saw I had a slight crowd forming around me. I closed my eyes again and each word flowed out of me like I've had sung this song before.

‘Intoxicated eyes, no longer live that life
You should have learned by now, I'll burn this whole world down
I need some peace of mind, no fear of what's behind
You think you've won this fight, you've only lost your mind

You had to have it all, well have you had enough ?
You greedy little bastard, you will get what you deserve
When all is said and done, I will be the one
To leave you in your misery and hate what you've become

Oooh... ooh

Hold me down (I will live again)
Pull me out (I will break it in)

(Hold me down (better in the end)
Hold me down

You had to have it all, well have you had enough ?
You greedy little bastard, you will get what you deserve
When all is said and done, I will be the one
To leave you in your misery and hate what you've become

Heaven help you
Heaven help you’

I held the tears that threatened to fall and I smiled when I heard the crowd that formed had started to clap. A woman walked towards me and handed me a card.

‘It’s my business card, if you want a gig or need some band members just call me and we’ll work something out. What’s your name girl?’ she said in a business tone when it was clear she was originally here walking through the park with her family.

A little girl ran towards the woman and yelled mama. I felt a pang of slight jealousy but that quickly subsided when she smiled at me.

‘You were weally good!’ the little girl said smiling with her two front teeth missing. I smiled.

‘Thank you darling.’ I said and started picking my stuff up. I felt good after that, I guess I should thank Gabe for breaking up with me because he just opened a whole new world for me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I sighed.

I’ve been becoming too soft around Nico and I need to get back into a rock. After Gabe broke my heart I should never be able to trust a guy again but why Nico? After he left to visit his father my heart had sunk. It just makes no sense.

You like him.

What the hell? No I don’t. I can’t fall for Nico and who the hell are you?

Your subconscious and why can’t you fall for Nico?

Because I am never looked at me for me, I’m looked at with greed, power, money, and lust. No one can ever love me.

I love you.

You’re me.

No I’m your subconscious.

Which is a part of me.

So.

Why am I arguing whether I love myself?

Actually whether your subconscious loves you or not and frankly your making me love you less.

UGH! I give up.

I wonder what was up with Gabe though. How can there be two of me? The only sister I have is Lucy. I walked out of mess hall and looked at the sky. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I felt myself start to drift and I opened my eyes. I looked down and instead of seeing my body I was looking at a shadow blob.

‘This is so cool! I’m actually apart of the shadow and-‘ I was cut off by bushes shuffling nearby. I sunk deeper into the shadows and followed the sound. I looked up and saw Gabe looking up in the sky the starts made the night sky light up.

I heard the shuffling again and saw a girl walk to Gabe. She had a white silk nightgown, long black hair a little bit past her waist and she was holding a viola and Gabe finally turned towards her. She looked a little past him and I swore she looked right at me.

She looked so familiar until it finally hit me. That girl looks exactly like me! What the hell!

_________________________________________________________________________________

I AM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT POSTED IN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I have had so much school work, soccer practice/ games, and more, I found it really hard to write but I finally made it through! I will post sometime next week since I am on vacation and I have to thank all of my fans, readers, voters, and the people that comment for sticking with me. I have a question to ask you all, who’s POV should I do next? And who do you think that girl is? Please comment, vote and fan (but mainly comment!) Thanks and I wish you all Happy Holidays!!!!    :)

P.S. That is a real song I used in the Flashback. It's called: Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin. Hoped you liked it!!!!!!

-Lexi   :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 100 10
**ON HOLD** "I'll stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero" Taylor Swift "Being a dem...
74.3K 2.4K 43
PJO Fanfiction - The Titan's Curse Atalanta Elora Anastacia does not have it easy. She is not your typical high school student. At school, she's your...
5.7K 411 69
Cory, a cursed demigod fights his way through the many changing worlds, to find his family's killer or so it started. He is joined by mutiple demigod...
9.8K 308 14
Lucy Hampton is just a normal teenage girl. Or, she was. She and her best friend, Sage Schwartz have been BFF's since kindergarten. The two girls are...