A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 18: Riddled

2.8K 79 3
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Scott was sound asleep in his bed until he awoke to a ringing sound. He glanced over at his desk and picked up his cellphone. The caller ID read 'Stiles'. "Hey, man. What's up?"

Scott's eyebrows furrowed when he heard static on the other side. "Stiles?" He then heard short breaths. "Stiles? You there?" 

"Scott?" 

"Hey, I'm here. Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"Scott, I don't...I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleep walking."

"Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-" 

It was then silent. Frowning, Scott looked at the screen of his phone. It read 'Call disconnected.' Scott dialed Stiles' number. "Hey-" "Stiles?" "This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message." Scott hung up and tried again. "Come on," he mumbled. "Hey, this is St-" Scott hung up. "God, come on. Come on." His phone flashed and on the screen read 'Incoming Call-Stiles.' 

"Stiles?"

"Scott, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move." 

"Where are you?"

"I don't know. I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's...I think it's bleeding."

"How bad Stiles, how bad is it?" Scott asked but there was no answer. "Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering." 

"Okay, listen. I'm calling your dad." 

"No, no, no, no, don't," he begged.

"But your dad-"

"Don't. Just please don't call him. Promise me you won't. He already worries about me too much. Scott, please." 

"But what if I can't find you? Stiles, I can't make a promise like that." 

"No, no, no, just please. Please, don't call him. Come find me. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find me."

"I don't know if I can do this." 

"Oh, I got to call you back. I have to turn the phone off."

"What? No, hey, wait-"

"I'm going to call you right back."

"Hold on, Stiles, wait...Hold on, man," Scott pleaded but Stiles had hung up on him. Scott quickly turned his light on. "Isaac! Sabrina!" he cried out. "Isaac! Sabrina! Get up! I need your help! Isaac! Sabrina!"

Isaac groaned as he woke up from his deep sleep and trudged out of bed. He stopped by Sabrina's bedroom and opened her door, expecting to find her asleep in her bed. But she wasn't there. Frowning, Isaac then quickly ran into Scott's room.

Scott turned toward the door to see Isaac standing by it. "I need your help." 

"Why? What's wrong?" Isaac asked as he caught a helmet that Scott tossed at him. "It's Stiles. Get dressed," he ordered. "What's wrong with Stiles?" "I don't know," he mumbled. He then brushed past Isaac and made his way to Sabrina's room. 

"Sabrina!" 

"Scott, she's not in her room," Isaac said making Scott stop in his tracks. He then turned around and faced Isaac. "What do you mean she's not in her room?" Isaac shrugged. "She's not in her room." Scott turned around and glanced into her room, only to it empty.  He then turned back to look at Isaac. 

"We got to find them." 

++++++

Lydia was in the school's art room trying to draw a portrait with Aiden as her model. He was sitting on a stool in a single pose while Lydia tried her best to capture it on her canvas. But Aiden couldn't hold the pose and let his muscles slag down.

"I said hold still," Lydia told him sternly.

Aiden then went to go back to his pose. "Are we even allowed to be here this late? What if security catches us?"

A small smirk found its way onto Lydia's face. "There is no security. The number of homicides in this school has seen to it that no sane person will ever take a night job here again." Aiden let a small smirk find its way to him now. "So, we're all alone?" he asked mischievously as he rested his arm and straightened up. 

"You're losing the pose again." "You know, when you said you wanted me to model for you, this wasn't what I thought you had in mind."

"Oh really?" Lydia could already guess what Aiden thought and/or hoped she had in mind. Which was proven but a second later when Aiden went to pull his sweatshirt up and over his head before going back to his pose that way. "If you're thinking nude modeling, it's usually done without the pants." Lydia turned back to her portrait but she then heard the sounds of a zipper being undone and then felt the pants hit her head. She looked over to see that Aiden was smiling at her and then went to remove his boxers next.

But, before he could, Lydia felt a cold chill travel up her spine and something just beyond her hearing. And it was getting louder. So loud, that she quickly stood up, so fast that her stool fell. "Do you hear that?" she asked him.

Aiden stopped when he noticed the look on her face. "Hear what?" "You don't hear that?" "I hear music. What do you hear?" Lydia's eyes moved off. "Voices," she almost whispered. She then looked over at the speakers but didn't hear music. She was hearing heavy breathing. Whimpering. And then a small voice saying: "Please, come find me."

Aiden took a step over to her. "Lydia, what is it? Whose voice do you hear?"

Lydia took a deep breath but kept her eyes on the radio. "It's Stiles."

++++++

Scott and Isaac were now downstairs as they prepared to leave and go find Stiles and Sabrina when Scott heard his phone ring again. He quickly took his phone out and saw Stiles' name on the screen.

"Hey, Stiles."

"Did you call him? Did you call my dad?" 

"No. Just Isaac. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look."

"It's a basement. I don't know, some kind of basement." 

"In a house?"

"No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I got to turn the-I got to turn the phone off. It's going to die."

"Wait! What else is there? What do you see?"

"The phone's dying. I can't talk. I have to go. Please-" 

'Stiles, why are you whispering?"

"...Because I think there's someone in here with me." 

"Is it Sabrina?"

Then it cut off.

"Stiles!" Scott huffed as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"Now what?" asked Isaac.

"Let's go to Stiles' room." 

++++++

Lydia and Aiden were standing in Stiles' dimly lit room and turned around as the door burst open and Scott and Isaac came on in with nervous and shocked looks on their faces.

"How did you know? Did he call you?" Scott asked them.

"No, I heard it," Lydia quickly told them. Aiden quickly saw that they were getting confused. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask." "Not as confusing as this," she sighed as she turned around to look at the room.

Scott and Isaac then looked to see that the walls of Stiles' room were littered with news articles, photos and different notes. All of them were connected by strings of red yarn that were going off to a pair of scissors that were stabbed into the center of his mattress.

"What?" Scott breathed out as he looked at the setup.

Lydia turned to him. "He uses red for unsolved cases." "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case," Aiden said. "Or is an unsolved case," Isaac threw in. "Guys," Lydia cut in. "He's out there and we don't know where he is." Lydia paused before she realized that someone else was missing. "Where's Sabrina?"

Scott looked down.

"We actually don't know." said Isaac. "What do you mean you don't know?" Lydia asked. "She's missing." "Hold on," she said holding her hand up at Isaac. "You're telling me that Sabrina is missing as well?" Isaac nodded.

"But I-I didn't hear her voice," she mumbled. "I only heard Stiles' voice." She shook her head. "If you don't know where Sabrina is, do you at least know where Stiles is?"

"He said he is in an industrial basement somewhere." said Scott. "We came here to get a better scent." Isaac explained. "What else did he say?" Lydia asked. 

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding. And he's freezing." Isaac said. "Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20's," Aiden pointed out. "What did his dad say?" Lydia asked. 

"We kind of...We didn't tell him yet." Scott admitted. Lydia's eyes widened. "Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" she yelled at Scott. "Let me guess, you didn't call your mom and tell her that Sabrina is missing as well." 

Scott shook his head. "Look, I call my mom later. Plus, Stiles told us not to. We can find both of them by scent. If he was sleepwalking, he couldn't have gotten far, right?" "Uh, you guys didn't notice that his jeep's gone, did you?" Aiden told them.

Lydia then took out her phone. "You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't."

"Wait, Lydia, hold on." Scott said trying to stop her. He knew how Stiles felt when it came to worrying his dad about something like this. "I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison-" "Everyone expect for the cops. Great idea," Lydia spat back at him.

Aiden stood by her. "You guys do remember that she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?"  

Scott let out a small sigh. Aiden was right. Stiles didn't have much time and neither did they. "You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station."

Scott and Isaac went to leave with Aiden moving to follow them but Lydia held Aiden back. "We'll catch up." Scott and Isaac froze. "What, why?" "There is something here," she said as she looked back over at the setup that Stiles made in his room.

Isaac let his eyes roam at it all again. "Yeah, evidence of total insanity."

Scott let a small heated breath loose. "We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him and Sabrina from freezing to death."

"Go, we'll be right behind you," Lydia told him.

Scott and Isaac then went to leave the house while Lydia and Aiden stayed behind in Stiles' room.

++++++

Scott and Isaac met up with Stiles' dad over at the Sheriff's station. He seemed to be struggling very hard to keep it together as he took the boys over to Deputy Jordan Parish to get his help and the other deputies' help. When they got to his desk, Scott could see the Sheriff's hand was shaking a bit.  

But, he took some deep breaths and clenched it to steady himself. "If his Jeep is gone then that's where we'll start," he breathed out as he looked over at Scott. Scott nodded and he then turned to the deputy. "Parish, put an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep." He then looked to another one. "Cordovan, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking." The man nodded to him. The Sheriff turned to everyone else. "It's the coldest night of the year so if he's out there barefoot in just a T-shirt then he could already be hypothermic."

He then looked back at the boys. "What about Sabrina? Do you have any possible idea on where she could be?" Scott shook his head. "I don't know." The Sheriff sighed. "So, let's move fast. Let's think fast." The deputies started to move and Stilinski looked to the boys. "The two of you, come with me." He took Scott and Isaac to his office and shut the door behind them. "Okay, is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell everybody else out there?"

"Lydia knew he was missing," Scott told him. The Sheriff remembered that Stiles had told him that Lydia was a banshee though he still didn't quite understand what that meant. "Can she help find him?" "She's working on it," said Isaac.

"Anything else?" he asked the boys. "I called Derek and Allison for help," Scott tried to offer. "Can't you find them both by scent?" he pressed.

But they were interrupted by Parish. "We got it, sir. We found it. We found the Jeep."

"Where?" he asked Parish.

++++++

Everyone was rushing over to the hospital where Stiles' Jeep had been spotted. They got to it and found that the lights were still on. The Sheriff ran over to it and opened the door to find that it was empty.

He then slammed the door and looked over at Scott. "It's dead. He must've left the lights on."

Scott looked over at the hospital. "Why would he come here?" "Let's find out," the Sheriff said before he moved in and led his deputies into the hospital.

Scott looked over at Isaac. "Got his scent?" Isaac nodded. "Yeah." "What about Sabrina's?" Isaac sniffed the air. "Her scent is very faint."

"Let's go," he said before he pulled Isaac to follow it into the hospital.Scott and Isaac were running up the service stairs, following after Stiles and Sabrina's scent and saw that it seemed to be leading them for the roof. They ran faster but when they got there all they found was Derek.

"They are not here," Derek told them. "Not anymore."

"You mean the whole building?" Scott quickly asked. "Gone," he answered.

Scott deflated at the news. He didn't want to imagine the look on the Sheriff's face when he had to tell them that they just hit a dead end.

Isaac spared him the trouble. "I'll go tell Stilinski," he offered. "See if you can find Allison. She's not answering her phone." Isaac then left to break the bad news while Scott moved over for Derek.

"Notice how strong the scent is up here?" Derek asked as he took it all in. "You ever hear of chemo signals? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. Just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."

Scott closed his eyes and sniffed the air that was full of Stiles and Sabrina's scent. As he inhaled it all in, he was starting to feel- "Stress," he said out loud. "And anxiety. And fear," Derek further explained. "What were they doing up here?"

Derek shook his head. "I don't know. But there was definitely some kind of struggle." "With who?" 

Derek just looked out. "Themselves." 

++++++

Sabrina gasped as she woke up but found that she wasn't in her room. She wasn't even in her bed. She was on a hard, stone floor. She looked around and saw that she was somewhere dark with only a bit of light pouring in from a stained glass ceiling. An awful smell also started to fill her nostrils. Where was she, and how did she even get here? It was a moment later that she realized that she was freezing. She went to move to stand up when she heard a metallic jingle as she tried to move her hand. She looked over to see that her right hand was handcuffed to a pipe. She tried using her strength to break the handcuffs off but for some reason...she felt weak.

She started to look around and noticed that her phone was a few feet away from her. Sabrina grit her teeth and started to pull even harder on the handcuffs, making them dig into her wrist but it was no use. She couldn't break them off. She then stretched her left hand out to try and reach for her phone but she couldn't reach it.

Sabrina stopped as she heard some kind of sound in the darkness. At first, she thought that it was the wind, but then she realized that it sounded more like...someone breathing. "Who's there?" she called out weakly. "Is someone there?"

But no one answered her yet. Sabrina could still hear those same low breathing and hissing sounds. She then tried to keep reaching for her phone but she kept her eyes out as she tried to see through the darkness. 

Sabrina let out a frustrated sigh as rested her arm by her side. She couldn't reach her phone. She then started to hear a scratching noise. She turned her head over to where it was coming from and could vaguely make out some movement from a dark figure. She then noticed that the breathing she heard from before was back but was even louder and was coming from her.

"Who's there?" she asked again, even louder. "I know you're there. I can hear you." The figure turned over and Sabrina could see a white gauze covering his whole head. "Who are you?" The figure opened its mouth and let out a hard hissing breath as it then lowered its gauze covered and dropped something. It began to roll on the ground towards him and Sabrina saw that it was a stick of chalk. Sabrina then looked back up and saw that the guy was gone but on the wall in front of where he had been was now a marking. A reverse 5 which Sabrina had remembered Scott told him all about. "Self," he mumbled as it disappeared in a puff of white smoke. Sabrina then heard a voice speaking off words that didn't make any sense to her. "I don't understand."  

The figure then stepped up so that he was in the view of the light that was pouring in from above. It looked like a man whose face and hands were covered in gauze. He was wearing a brown leather jacket with some stitched patches on it. Sabrina's instincts kicked in and told her that whoever this was, wasn't human.

"It's not who are you Sabrina. It's who are we?" Sabrina narrowed her eyes as she tried to break the handcuffs off her wrist again. This time, she managed to get a small break but not all the way through. "Sabrina," the thing spoke out again. "Did you notice yet?"

"What?" she choked out. "That we stopped shivering." Sabrina froze in her attempts to realize that she did stop shivering. "Do you know why that's a bad sign?"

Sabrina stopped trying to pull on the handcuff and let herself rest. "It...it's the body trying to conserve energy. It...it was Stiles' fifth grade science report. Hypothermia. I helped him with it." "Our speech is starting to thicken, then comes fatigue and confusion. We're going to die before we ever get out of here."

Sabrina was starting to wobble in place a bit but she grit his teeth as she let some of the anger keep her still as she glared at this thing's direction. "Stop saying that. Stop saying we," she spat. "We're just trying to keep you from freezing to death. You better get up, Sabrina."

Sabrina let a small whimper escape her before her glare returned. "And how am I supposed to do that? I am handcuffed to a pipe!" she yelled. The thing's bandaged head peeked out from around the corner. "Are you?" Sabrina shook her head and stared back at the handcuffs. "It was on your right hand before, wasn't it?"

Sabrina tried to focus her vision through her watered eyes and saw that the handcuffed was now clamped on her opposite hand. It was bruised and trapped while her other hand looked untouched. Her breathing quickened a bit. "What is this? What are you doing?!"

The thing's breathing got louder. "We're trying to save you, Sabrina. We're trying to save your life." 

Sabrina tried to focus to get a better look at whoever or whatever was in the room with him. It was back to facing the wall in the spot that he had drawn Self which was back. Sabrina had been silent with it for a while now but she was noticing that she was barely able to feel anything at all now. Her feet were completely numb and she could barely move. She knew that meant that her time was almost up.  

"How?" she finally spoke out. "How can you help me?"

"Let me in," it whispered. "What?" "Let me in...before we freeze to death." Sabrina didn't understand what it was talking about. "Why? Why do you keep saying we?" "You still don't understand, do you?" the thing asked her as he kept staring at the wall. "It's a riddle. You know any riddles Sabrina?" "A few," she coughed out.

"What gets bigger the more you take away?" the thing asked. "A hole," answered Sabrina. "What gets wetter the more it dries?" it again asked. "A towel," answered Sabrina. "When is a door not a door?" it asked as it raised its gauze hand towards her."When its ajar," she gasped.

"Everyone has it but no one can lose it." It rubbed its hand over the symbol on the wall. "What?" she asked. It turned towards Sabrina and started to prowl its way over to her. "Everyone has it but no one can lose it," it repeated. "What is it Sabrina?"  

"A shadow," she whispered.

It smirked at her before raising it's hand to it's head and started to tear the bandages off its face. Sabrina breathed heavily as she watched the it unraveled the bandages and then it fell off completely. 

Sabrina let out a gasp as it looked up at her.It was her. She stared back at her own face staring back at her with a gleeful smirk on her. It was the face of a strong, confident and darker version of herself. Sabrina felt all of her own strength and resolve melt away at the sight.

Sabrina's eyes then opened to find herself on the ground in the preserve but her eyes weren't their usual dark brown color. They weren't even her shifted blue color. They were pitch black. That was because the one seeing through them wasn't Sabrina. It was the nogitsune who lived over 1,000 years of time and had gone through countless names. But, she would now be called what she truly was. Void. She was void. She took in everything and saw that she now had full reign of her body. The girl was broken. She then let her power extend to start the beginning of her next trick.

...Getting Stiles to fully submit to the Nogitsune. 

++++++

Stiles was slowly walking on inside the MRI room in a hospital smock with Melissa's hand over his shoulder as she helped him inside. "Melissa, really, I'm fine," he mumbled tirelessly to her.

She nodded. "I know. This is actually more for me than you."

Stiles let a small but sad smile loose and his hand that moved to Melissa's other hand and gave it a small squeeze which she returned with a sad smile of her own. As he sat at the edge of the machine, Scott was standing next to him while his father was standing off with the doctor going over the paperwork. The doctor was squinting as he read Stiles' name.

"I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling." he said.

The Sheriff sighed. They were used to people asking that question when it came to Stiles' name. "Just call him Stiles."

The doctor nodded. "Sign here," he said as he gave the clipboard over to him before turning to Stiles who was already moving to lay down as he still felt a little tired from his nap. "Okay, Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through the metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get your earplugs or headphones."

Stiles shook his head. "Uh, no, no, I don't need anything." The Sheriff went and grasped his hand. "Hey, we're just on the other side of that window. Okay?" Stiles returned the grip. "Okay."

The Sheriff and Melissa walked out with the doctor and began looking on in from the console room behind the glass, leaving Scott and Stiles alone.

"You know what they're looking for, right?" Stiles asked his best friend. 

Scott was silent.

Stiles let out a breath. "It's called Frontotempral Dementia. Areas of your brain starts to shrink," he explained. "It's what my mother had," his voice cracked. "It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure," said Stiles as he felt tears run down his face.

A tear slipped from Scott's eye and he quickly wiped it away. "Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something," he said. Stiles nodded. The thought of loosing his best friend scared Scott. He didn't even want to think what his life would be like without Stiles. So he then stepped closer to Stiles and wrapped his arms around him, bringing him into a tight hug. Stiles hugged Scott back tightly, the two letting a tear roll down their cheeks. 

They broke the hug when they heard cries by the door. The two looked over to see Melissa hugging Sabrina. Scott did a double-take when he saw his twin pull away from their mother. She looked over at them and made her way over.

"Hi," she said softly. 

Scott immediately pulled her into a hug and she chuckled before wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so glad you're okay," he whispered. "Me too," she mumbled before pulling back. She gave him a small smile before looking over at Stiles who was staring at the ground.

She looked back at Scott. "Can I-" Scott nodded. "Of course. I'll be outside of the room. After you're done, we need to talk," he said seriously. Sabrina nodded. "I know and we will." 

Scott then left Sabrina and Stiles alone in the room. She walked over to Stiles and stood in front of him. Stiles looked up at his girlfriend. "Hey," he said softly. "Hey," she greeted giving him a sad smile. "Did your mom tell you what they are looking for?" Sabrina nodded. "Frontotempral Dementia," she said softly. Stiles nodded.

Sabrina took a deep breath. "Stiles, look at me." And he did. He stared right into her eyes. "You're going to be okay," she whispered before she leaned in and gave him a kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he rested his hands firmly on her waist. Stiles suddenly felt his anxiety go away and was relieved but what he didn't know was that he was feeding the Nogistune.

Sabrina smirked into the kiss before pulling away. Stiles opened his eyes to see Sabrina giving a soft smile at him. She then pulled him into a hug. "Let him in, Stiles." Stiles' eyes widened and he immediately pulled back. "What did you just say?" he asked her.

"I said you're going to be okay, Stiles." Sabrina then looked at him in concern. "What did you think I said?" Stiles shook his head. His hallucinations were getting to him again. "Nothing," he mumbled. 

"I'll be waiting for you outside," she said before walking out.

Stiles sighed before lying down on the slap as it was being wheeled into the machine. The light inside was kind of bright and he was squinting his eyes a bit.

"Okay Stiles," he heard the doctor speaking through the intercom. "This is going to take about 45 minutes to an hour. Just remember, try not to move." Stiles had been trying to get comfortable but stopped after that. He went to adjust his head. "Even just a little bit." Stiles stopped moving entirely. The doctor then started the machine up. "Okay, Stiles you're going to be hearing that noise now. It's going to be a loud clang. Kind of like a hammer hitting an anvil."

A moment later, Stiles started hearing that clanging sound. He tried to relax as he let the machine do his work.

Inside the MRI, Stiles' eyes started to water. Even though the clanging sound was still going loud and strong, he could hear the word echo in his head. Atrophy, and it was sounding out in his dad's broken voice. As it echoed, he felt the banging pressure against his skull just like before along with some ringing. He couldn't move so he shut his eyes to try and push the pain away.  

He shut them as hard as he could as the pounding got harder and the ringing got louder until it all just stopped. He then opened his eyes to find that he wasn't laying in the machine but was standing up. Everything around him seemed darker all of a sudden. He then saw some movement at the corner of his eye and turned to just catch a shape moving around the MRI.

"Have you figured out my riddle yet?" Stiles knew that voice. The thing was back again. "If you answer correctly...we might consider letting them go."

Stiles shook his head. "Letting who go?"

It turned over to look at the window. "Your friends...your family." Stiles then turned to look and see his father standing with Melissa. "We're going to destroy all of them Stiles," it said a little joyously. "One by one."

"Why?" Stiles cried.  

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" it asked. "I don't know," Stiles mumbled. It started to tear the bandages off its face. "Everyone has it but no one can lose it! What is it?!" "I don't know," Stiles mumbled as he increased the pressure on his head. "Everyone has it, but no one can lose it!" "I don't know!" Stiles shouted.

The bandages fell completely off. "What is it Stiles?"

Stiles' eyes opened as he realized that the voice was familiar. He heard it every time he opened his mouth. His eyes fell upon the darkness in front of him being cast by the light behind him. He realized the answer to all of his questions. "A shadow," he whispered.

He then turned around as the thing straightened up.It was him. He stared back at his own face staring back at him with a gleeful smirk on him. It was the face of a strong, confident and darker version of himself. Stiles felt all of his own strength and resolve melt away at the sight.

Stiles' eyes then opened to find himself back in the MRI but his eyes weren't their usual honey brown color. They were pitch black...just like Sabrina's were. He was now void.  

The lights in the MRI room and console room began to flicker before they went out. It happened for a moment before they all came back on.

"What was that?" Melissa asked as she looked around. "It looked like a power surge," the doctor said as he looked equally as confused. But the Sheriff stiffened as he looked back into the room. "Where's my son?"

The other two looked into the room also and saw that Stiles was now gone.

++++++

The lights inside the hospital were now dead and only the emergency ones were now on. People were in a panic as they ran off to try and make sense of the chaos. The only two people in the whole building that were calm were the Voids as they got accustomed to having complete control of their new vessel without any sign of resistance whatsoever. He was calmly putting on the clothes that the Sheriff had brought over for his son and had finished tying his shoes. He looked up and smirked at her as she smirked back before they went off to enjoy the chaos that they had wrought.  

They were heading for the elevator when the doors of it opened. They stopped when they saw that there was a woman standing there, staring at the two just as calmly as they were staring back at her. One that they both and their hosts recognized. Mrs. Yukimura. Voids started to move closer to her with a dark look on their faces.

"You know me?" she asked. Voids nodded. "Then you remember that I won't be deterred by your choice of hosts, even if it is an innocent boy and girl."

The two Voids let a smirk slide onto their face. "Are you threatening us?"

At that moment, two Oni materialized at either side of her and the two Voids' eyes widened, but their expression was still one of amusement.

"Now I'm threatening you two," she told him.

The Voids nodded their heads down and began to chuckle as they stared down at the ground. "Oh, we're not really afraid of your little fireflies," Void Sabrina said.

Mrs. Yukimura let an angry look appear on her face just before the nogitsunes turned away to leave in a different route. "If the Oni can't defeat you two, I know someone who will," she cried to them.

The two Voids stopped and looked over at her. Their smirks deepened. Then, they kept walking. 

[Edited 3/8/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 1.7K 43
•~BOOK TWO~• Jennifer Blake was gone and the sacrifices were over, but that didn't stop the bad things in Beacon Hills. Something else was going on a...
363K 7.1K 29
Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, Scott McCall and his friends begin their junior year of hig...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
530K 12.6K 26
Rising Moon: All This Time I Was Finding Myself And I Didn't Know I Was Lost Scott McCall's twin sister Sophie is along for the ride with her brother...