Overlord: Shadow of Mordor

Oleh CRitch10

In the virtual game known as Yggdrasil, the guild named Ainz Ooal Gown struck fear into the hearts of every p... Lebih Banyak

Ch. 1: The Dark Lord
Looks of the Guardians
Ch. 2: Locals and Loyalty
Ch. 3: Carne Village
Ch. 4: Ains Ooal Gown
Ch. 5: Fire V. Ice
Ch. 6: An Alliance Formed
Guide to Mordor: Part One
Guide to Mordor: Part Two
Ch. 7: Terms and Conditions
Ch. 8: Out Of Hiding
Harem
Ch. 9: The Ball Pt. 1
Ch. 11: Siege Preparations

Ch. 10: The Ball Pt. 2

5.8K 110 57
Oleh CRitch10

    Leinas Rockbruise sat at her table, slowly caressing the right side of her face. What once was a horribly disfigured mass of dead skin and pus, was now smooth and matched her left face. Finally, after years of living with that horrible curse it was broken. She couldn't help but to think back on how this came to be.

~Earlier~

Sauron: You want to know WHY I'm called the Dark Lord?

    Jircniv, Leinas, and Nazami all couldn't move out of pure fear. It was as if just looking at the armor itself was causing this effect. Sauron stared at the emperor, malice radiating off him.

Sauron: Because I can kill everyone here with but a wave of my finger. I control the very shadows themselves. The darkness is my domain.

    At this point the lights seem to get pulled away into Sauron's person, extinguishing and enlarging his own shadow. A cool breeze flows throughout the room and the three under his gaze shiver.

Sauron: Let me make this very clear; this blatant threat will not go unpunished. Though I will not go to war, nor kill anyone, I will take something from you. What and when will fall upon when I choose so, but know it is coming.

    The lights return and the coldness goes away.

Sauron: You may stay for the ball, but do not speak or approach me for the rest of the night. You have been warned. Go.

    Jircniv and Nazami turned and hurriedly went back to the party. Leinas tried to follow behind, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She slowly and fearfully turned back towards the source of the hand and found Sauron back in his fair form, a small smile on his face.

Sauron: Leinas Rockbruise, I thank you.

    Leinas was confused now. Here was the Dark Lord who just threatened the emperor of the Baharuth Empire, but was now thank her for an unknown reason.

Sauron: Ah, but there is a reason.

    Leinas' eyes widened after realizing he was reading her mind.

Sauron: You knew what he was doing was stupid. You knew Jircniv's plan might backfire. Though you may not think it's that big a deal, I wish to reward you all the same.

    He then moves his hand on the shoulder to the right side of her face. He could feel the pus and cracked skin and Leinas was close to trying to stab him for touching her their. However, a warmth overtook her face as she could feel her right side mending and smoothing out. When Sauron was finished he procured a mirror out of thin air and showed her what he had done. Her curse was gone.

Leinas: The... the curse...

Sauron: A beautiful woman like you should've never been cursed that way like that. This is my gift to you. You may go now, Miss Rockbruise.

~~~~~~~~~~

    Leinas did nothing but rub her face and hold back tears of joy. Jircniv and the other knights were at the same table as her discussing what they had seen, but she wasn't listening. Suddenly, the music changed and everyone's attention turned to their host of the night stride onto the middle of the dance floor.

Sauron: Anyone care to join me?

    A group of women try to surround him but the first one to beat them there was a beautiful woman with black hair and a billowing black dress. She took Sauron's hand in hers and he placed a hand on her hip. Many of the girls were jealous of her beauty and Leinas might've been too, if not for the prospect that she wasn't hideous anymore.

    Out on the dance floor Ungoliant and Sauron swayed with the music masterfully. Sauron's skills in dancing made many more women want a chance at him, even Lakyus wanted to see how she'd fare in a dance with him. As they continued the dance, Sauron and Ungoliant silently spoke.

Sauron: This is the first I've seen of you at this party tonight. What made you decide to join us now?

Ungoliant: Do you think I'd let any hussy here get the first dance with you, my love? No, that right belongs to me.  

    With a silent amused chuckle, Sauron spun Ungoliant gracefully to the music as females cried silently off to the side. Ungoliant watched them all and gave them a smug and victorious look. They continued dancing a little longer before Sauron told Ungoliant that he had to dance with others now. While sad at first, Ungoliant bowed and left with a smile on her face.

    Sauron was once again surrounded and proceeded to dance with multiple woman. Some were very flirtatious while others shy. After finishing a dance with a pretty blonde merchant, Sauron feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns to find Lakyus smiling.

Lakyus: Mind if I get a turn?

Sauron: Of course not.

    Offering his hand, Lakyus takes it and they begin their dance.

Sauron: Tell me, you wouldn't happen to be Lakyus Alvein Dale Aindra would you? Famous leader of the Blue Rose?

Lakyus: That would be me, yes.

Sauron: You're just as beautiful as I've heard. I'm glad I'm getting this opportunity to dance with you.

    Lakyus giggles as they continue on.

Lakyus: Not to be rude, but I must ask; how is it that you've come to rule over such a dark place? The ballroom is beautiful, but the land is barren and black.

Sauron: Mordor isn't all like this. Further southeast you'll find the Sea of Nurnen, surrounded by lush green fields and trees. Then directly east is the region Litlad, a desert with many exotic animals and plants. Not to mention the cold and snowy area around Seregost.

Lakyus: Aren't you afraid to give me this information? What if I tell everything to my king?

Sauron: Go ahead. I have no reason to hide the layout of Mordor. Besides, if he ever thought about invading, well... let's say it wouldn't matter. He wouldn't get far.

    Lakyus heard the threat, but kept quiet. She knew better to get the host of the party angry. Besides, a man this handsome couldn't be...

Lakyus: Wait, what am I saying?

    The adventurer shook her head, feeling a little lightheaded.

Sauron: Is something wrong?

Lakyus: Yes, sorry, just... lightheaded is all.

Sauron: Perhaps you've had too much to drink? Come, let's sit you down. Wouldn't want it to get worse, now would we.

    He smiled and she yelped in her head.

Lakyus: No nononononono! I can't be falling for him... can I? We just met! But he's so handsome and kind... AHHHHH! STOP IT!

    While Lakyus was having a mental struggle, Sauron led her to a table and sat her down with the rest of her Blue Rose companions.

Sauron: She says she's a bit lightheaded. Please take care of her.

    As Sauron walked back to the dance floor, Lakyus had her friends stare at her flustered face.

Gagaran: You good there, Lakyus? You're redder than a beet!

    Lakyus just placed her face in her hands, trying to hide her embarrassment. Sauron on the other hand had returned to the dance floor and found more ladies waiting to dance with him. Putting on his most charming smile, he strides up the the group and begins dancing again.

    About an hour later of dancing and drinking Dorwinion wine (which many believed to be the best wine they've ever tasted), Sauron spotted Thuringwethil return. With a smile Sauron halts his dance with his partner (much to her chagrin) and thanked her for the dance. He then walks towards Thuringwethil, who begins to bow.

Sauron: No need to bow, Thuringwethil. I assume Hammer has the preparations in order.

Thuringwethil: Yes, my Lord. He is awaiting your arrival.

Sauron: Well, he can wait just a little while longer.

    He then extends a hand to a shocked Thuringwethil and smiles.

Sauron: Shall we dance?

    A light crimson blush comes up on  the vampiress' face as she shakily takes his hand. He leads her to the dance floor and slowly began to waltz. The whole time Thuringwethil stared down at the floor, unable to make contact with Sauron's eyes.

Sauron: Tell me Thurin, does my presence bother you?

Thuringwethil: Wha wha wha!? Of... of course not, Lord Sauron! It's ju... just... I don't feel... worthy to look upon your magnificent face. I couldn't...

Sauron: Thurin... look at me.

    Slowly, Thuringwethil looks into Sauron gorgeous eyes as she blushes profusely. Upon seeing her reaction Sauron smiles.

Sauron: Thurin, you are a very dear servant to me. I wished to have this dance with you as thanks for all your hard work. Do not be afraid, for there is nothing you can do that'll make you unworthy of looking upon me.

    Thuringwethil's mouth was slightly agape. Her lord and master had said she was very dear to him. The rest of the dance passed by with Thuringwethil staring Sauron in the eyes, a sweet smile graced upon her face. Sauron himself smiled, too, happy that Thurin was happy. After they were done dancing, Sauron thanked Thurin for the dance and climbed up the stairs. Everyone soon noticed him and stopped whatever they were doing.

Sauron: My guests of the evening! I thank you all once again for coming to this event. It means so much to me that you all enjoyed yourselves.

    A round of applause erupts from the guests as Sauron bows.

Sauron: I regret to say that the festivities must end, however.

Guests: Awww.

Sauron: Do not fret. Because this ball was such a huge success, I would like to announce that I will be holding the ball once every year! This was the first annual Barad-Dur Ball, and will not be the last!

    The spectators cheered at the announcement, happy that this won't be the last time they could do this. When in the ballroom of Barad-Dur, the leaders of their respective kingdoms could forget about their troubles and just socialize and enjoy themselves. Little did they know that this was an effect of the music.

Sauron: Because some of you have come from far off lands and traveled a great distance to attend, I have provided each and every single person here with a spare room to spend the night. Tomorrow morning you may all make preparations to return home. My butlers will show you to your respected rooms. Have a wonderful night.

    With a final applause from everyone, Sauron made his way over to the a group comprising of Ainz, Musab, Gazef, Ramposa, the Blue Roses (including a still blushing Lakyus), and some other participants that were present when Sauron promised to give a show of power.

Ramposa: I have to say Sauron that this ball was possibly the most fun I've had in a very long time.

    All the nobles nodded their heads in agreement.

Sauron: I thank you for your kind words, Ramposa. Now then, I believe I promised you all a demonstration had I not?

    With a gesture of his hand he had the group follow him towards the door. Then Sauron noticed Leinas approaching him confidently and he halted, as did his group of followers. Leinas stopped in front of him, a unreadable expression on her face.

Leinas: Lord Sauron, I ask that I accompany you and the others to see this demonstration.

    Sauron, who had expected Leinas to approach him at some point, smiled and nodded.

Sauron: Of course, Miss Rockbruise. Anyone is welcomed.

    With a nod Leinas joins the group as they exit the ballroom and walk down a flight of stairs. The stairs were made of a sparkling black stone and spiraled downwards. It seemed that the stairs were just wide enough to fit everyone present as they began to descend. Ainz eventually walked beside Sauron and began whispering.

Ainz: Quite some party that was, Sauron. I'm impressed.

Sauron: Thank you. Back in Middle-Earth it was almost never used, so I was glad to finally see it be useful.

Ainz: I see. Now I ask, what exactly are you planning on showing these spectators?

Sauron: Just a little magic trick, mind you. Something to get their blood pumping and to show I'm not one to trifle with.

Ainz: Smart move. Best to keep some cards hidden, I say.

Sauron: Indeed. Perhaps one day me and you can spar. Get to see ourselves in action.

Ainz: Tempting, but I'm not much of a PvP player. I built my character for role-playing purposes more than for PvP.

Sauron: Really? That's a shame. Perhaps another time then.

    After some time climbing down the seemingly endless stairs, the group arrived at a pair of doors that Sauron proclaimed as the 20th floor. Opening the doors they are met with a wonderous site. The room wasn't a room at all, but a open space of white with only a black stone floor. Standing in the middle of this space was a pale man in an armoured suit and a giant mace at his side.

Sauron: Sorry for the wait Hammer, and thank you get the room prepared.

Hammer: Anything for you, milord.

    Sauron then turned towards the group.

Sauron: Welcome to the 20th floor of Barad-Dur.

Ramposa: Floor!? This seems more like it's own world!

Gazef: Amazing... how is this even possible?

Sauron: The 20th floor is used for training purposes and can take the form of whatever the Floor Guardian makes it. In this case, I had Hammer here make it a empty white space for simplicity.

Gazef: Incredible.

Sauron: Now then, I believe a demonstration was promised?

    The spectators took places around Sauron so that everyone could see. Hammer then summons undead dragon, much to everyone's awe. The skeletal dragon did not move though. Instead, it stood still in place, as if frozen.

Hammer: This dragon will be the target. Its endurance and resistances are the exact same as the real deal.

  The spectators took places around Sauron so that could see. The Dark Lord stood calmly in the middle of this horseshoe and looked out at the vast emptiness of the area. Then brings up a hand and begins speaking in a strange tongue that none of them had heard. In fact, while he spoke it it seemed that it began to darken the area around them. Suddenly a bright light emits from Sauron's outstretched hand as it seems to form a small ball. The ball is then shot forward and slowly makes it's way towards the Dragon. When it makes contact a burst of light blinds everyone immediately as a large whoosh of wind is felt. When everyone could see again the Dragon was gone in it's place a large crater.

Ramposa: My word... it's gone...

Gazef: A skeletal dragon of that size would've taken at least four adamantite adventurers to subdue, and yet you took it down with a single move.

Sauron: The Light of Arda pulls the light from the surrounding area and converts it into holy magic. The more light there is, the more powerful the move.

    Even Ainz himself was mildly impressed. Mostly because a move like that didn't exist in Yggdrasil.

    The spectators were at lost for words at the display of power at Sauron's fingertips. The ruler of Mordor was certainly not one the King would want to make enemies with. Leinas on the other hand after seeing his power once again had made up her mind. She stared at Sauron, the man who freed her form her curse, and smiled.

Sauron: I hope that demonstration was enough to satisfy your curiosity. Now then, I believe it is time to retire for the night.

    With a simple clap of his hands a group of butlers entered the room, one for each person. The butlers escorted them to their rooms (Leinas begrudgingly, looking as if she had wanted to say something to Sauron), leaving Sauron himself, Ainz, Hammer, Thuringwethil, and Ungoliant (who Sauron didn't even know was there).

Sauron: I believe the ball was a success, wouldn't you say?

Ainz: It did seem to fulfill it's purpose. I myself can't lie and say I didn't have some fun.

Sauron: Glad to hear that. I assume you are off back to Nazarick. Have a safe trip, my friend.

    With a handshake exchange between them, Ainz left to gather up the Guardians and Pleiades that came with him. Sauron then turns towards the remaining three there.

Sauron: I am pleased with your performances tonight, you three. You may have the day off tomorrow as a reward.

    The three bowed and thanked him as he walked out of the room, a trailing Ungoliant behind him. He reached his bedroom with Ungoliant still following when he finally confronts her.

Sauron: Is there something you need Ungoliant?

Ungoliant: Yes there is, my Lord. I had hoped that I can exchange my reward for another.

    Sauron raised an eyebrow, afraid of what she could want.

Sauron: And what would that be?

    Ungoliant smirked and strolled up to Sauron. She ran a finger down his chest and leaned into his ear, speaking softly.

Ungoliant: A night with just the two of us would be a fine reward, wouldn't you say?

    Sauron screamed internally. He had for a while fought of the urges to indulge Ungoliant's advances for the longest time. As much as he wanted to, he just didn't see it as right. This was his old master's creation. He'd be taking advantage of her.

Sauron: Ungoliant, as lovely as you are and how flattered I am by your offer, I must decline. It wouldn't be fair to your creator Morgoth.

Ungoliant: Why not?

Sauron: You are his precious creation., and I cannot take advantage of you.

Ungoliant: My Lord, if I may, but I have a counter to that. My creator Morgoth created me FOR you, did he not?

Sauron: Well yes, but...

Ungoliant: I was created to be by your side and protect you and your rule. My love for you is real, my Lord. I will will prove it to you.

    Suddenly Ungoliant pressed her lips to Sauron's, surprising the Dark Lord. She was aggressive and not letting up. Sauron, after a short time of shock, relented and kissed back with more intensity. The two were like that for some time before departing, out of breath.

Ungoliant: My Lord... I want to be with you. It is my decision, not just Morgoth's. Please... make me yours.

    Sauron stared at the beautiful figure of the Spider Goddess and picked her up in his arms. Ungoliant giggled as Sauron kicked open his doors and carried her to his bed, the doors closing behind them. The rest of the night the two were locked in a battle of ecstasy and bliss as Sauron claimed Ungoliant for himself.

(There we go. Wow. It's been a while. I'd like to apologize for the wait. This chapter was a long time coming. I had been struggling to get it out but outside forces either prevented me from working on it, or I just couldn't write it for some reason. Writers Block is a bitch. I hope you enjoyed it and I promise to continue writing stories, just hope i don't take too long. Stay safe during this quarantine everyone. ~ CRitch10)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.2K 142 28
Momonga was not the only player in Yggdrasil His Longtime Friend Y/n L/n Logged in for one last time she promised she would be there to the end but t...
796 14 6
Momonga decided to remain on the Yydrasil servers till they went down only for something unexpected to happen, he was taken to a new world along with...
14.6K 560 9
One of the founding members of the Ainz Ooal Gown guild on Yggdrasil, Y/n is a ferocious warrior with a deep knowledge of magic. He and Momonga are t...
81.2K 2.4K 63
Momonga becomes the Emperor of the Yggdrasil how will he affect the new world and the other worlds? will it be destruction and chaos or peace and pro...