We're Still Here - Captain Am...

By DrearyWinterDreams

She was a waitress, he was an artist. He was a soldier, she was an assassin. Lucy Stark was the cousin of the... More

1. A Dash Of Cinnamon
2. The Diner Dame
3. That's Ten Percent
4. America's New Hope
5. 325575
6. We Swear
7. Next Saturday
8. The World Was At War
9. The Doctor, The Soldier, and The Genius
10. Suit Up
12. Don't Do Anything Stupid
13. My Fiancé
14. Y-E-S Spells Yes
15. The Winter Soldier
16. The Price of Freedom's High
17. The Aftermath
18. The Sketch
19. Worthy
20. No Such Thing As Peace
21. The Kid With The Potato Gun
22. Leaving Tennessee
23. Escape
24. It's Been a While
25. Hacked
26. Will The Circle Be Unbroken?
27. The New Mission
28. Off To Sokovia We Go
29. I Can't Think
30. Stop Being A Hero
31. What's Wrong With Me?
32. I Had Strings
33. What is This?
34. He's a Sickness
35. Truth
36. Familial Love
37. Seoul

11. I've Seen Worse

6.4K 161 8
By DrearyWinterDreams

The three made their way to the Quinjet hangar. Hawkeye had a recurve bow and quiver full of arrows Steve and Lucy had their shields. As they walked into the Quinjet, the pilot stood in their way.

"You are not authorized to be here," he tried saying. Lucy held her hand up, stopping him from talking.

"Son," she said, "Just don't." They took the jet and began to fly it toward New York City. They flew toward Stark Tower and went to shoot at Loki. The jet was shot down by Loki using the scepter. The ramp opened and Steve and Lucy ran down followed by Natasha and Clint. They arrived in the middle of a four-way street just as the portal for the Chitauri opens up. They begin shooting at innocents.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked Tony through the earpiece.

"Seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted. Jarvis, find me a soft spot." Lucy looked down the bridge.

"Those people need assistance down there," she said. Natasha pulled out two pistols and began shooting at the Chitauri. She turned to look at Lucy.

"We got this," Natasha said. "It's good. Go!" Lucy nodded before turning to Hawkeye.

"You think you can hold them off?"

"Ma'am," Clint began saying, "It would be my genuine pleasure." Lucy and Steve jumped off the bridge after Clint shot an arrow buying them some time causing an explosion to go off. They jumped over the dozens of cars that were in the streets. Steve jump on the top of a police car while Lucy fought some of the Chitauri that stayed on the street. A police Sergeant was there with a younger cop.

"We need men in these buildings," Steve began ordering. "There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th."

"Why the hell would I take orders from you?" the policeman asked in a heavy New York accent. An explosion occurred behind Steve and Lucy. Steve blocked an energy blast with his shield. Two of the Chitauri soldier's began to attack the two soldiers who fought them off with ease. The police watched them in shock. The policeman turned to the young cop and deputies standing behind them.

"I need men in those buildings," he began to order, "Lead the people down and away from the streets. I need the perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve and Lucy joined back with Hawkeye, Natasha and now Thor.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," Thor replied.

"Thor is right," Tony said through the earpiece. "We gotta deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

"As a team," Lucy replied.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor spoke looking to the two females and males around him.

"Yeah, get in line," Clint remarked sarcastically.

"Save it," Steve spoke. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." The sound of a motor caused Steve to stop. He turned to see Bruce arrive on a motorbike. He got off and began to walk toward the group.

"So, this all seems horrible," he calmly said.

"I've seen worse," Natasha spoke.

"Sorry."

"No. We could use a little worse."

"Stark? We got him," Steve stated.

"Banner?" Tony asked.

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony flew around a corner, a Chitauri Leviathan tailing behind him. Natasha opened her mouth, nothing came out.

"I-I don't see how that's a party," she began to stutter as they watched the Leviathan fly their way after Tony. Bruce began to walk away from the group toward the Leviathan.

"Doctor Banner," Steve began saying, "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Captain," Bruce answered still walking. He stopped then turned to look at the group. "I'm always angry." He turned toward the Leviathan as he began to turn green and grow taller, changing into the Hulk. He punched the Chitauri making it stop but begin to ride up in the back, almost flipping over. When Tony saw the soft spot of the enemy, he shot a missile at it, making the others move away. Hawkeye hid behind a car while Steve and Natasha hid behind the shield, Lucy hiding behind her own. Thor turned away. After the Leviathan was destroyed, the Chitauri Soldiers began to screech at the defeat. The Avengers got together, standing around in a circle while watching and listening to the Chitauri. Natasha looked up at the portal.

"Guys," she said getting their attention. They all turned and looked in the direction she was looking in.

"Call it, Captain," Tony spoke through the closed helmet of his suit.

"Alright, listen up," Steve began giving orders, "Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asked Tony.

"Right," Tony answered. He walked to Clint and grabbed the back of his shirt. "Better clench up, Legolas." He flew away carrying Hawkeye.

"Thor," Steve continued. "You got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor began to swing the hammer and flew away. Steve turned to Lucy and Natasha. "Us three, we stay here on the ground and keep the fighting here." Steve turned to Hulk to give him the last order.

"And Hulk." He turned to look at him. "Smash." He smirked and jumped up onto a building leaving the three on the ground. They began fighting the Chitauri that stayed on the ground. After a while, Natasha was thrown onto the hood of a car. When she got a grip on the Chitauri Soldier, Lucy took out a knife, impaling it into the alien's neck. Natasha kicked him back when Lucy moved and took his weapon and shot the other Chitauri around them. Steve jumped down behind her making her turned and point the weapon toward him. He walked toward them as Natasha put the weapon down.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha said.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve stated.

"Well, then maybe it's not about guns," Lucy said as a slight suggestion.

"If you wanna get up there you're gonna need a ride," Steve replied.

"I got a ride." Natasha threw the Chitauri gun down and began walking to the other side of the bridge looking up at the Soldier's flying above them. "I could use a boost, though." Steve began to back up.

"You sure about this?"

"Yeah. It's gonna be fun." She ran toward Steve, jumped off the car then his shield, grabbing onto one of the Chitauri hovercraft. More of the Soldiers began to shoot at Lucy and Steve. They began fighting the Soldiers. Tony flew down to help them for a quick second, shooting a few with his hand blasters and using them against Steve's shield as a beam to kill some others. He flew away after that. Steve later got trapped under a Soldier who was trying to stab him using the end of the gun. Threw a dagger at the Chitauri's head, and pushed him out of the way with the shield before helping Steve up.

"Captain, Agent," Clint said through the com link an update, "The bank on 42nd past Madison - they've cornered a lot of civilians in there."

"We're on it," Lucy replied as she and Steve began to head to the bank. When they got in, one had started a small bomb. Steve threw his shield at the one who held the device, knocking him back. The other two began to shoot at the two. Lucy blocked the shots with her shield as Steve kicked a desk toward them. He began to fight the remaining one, throwing him over the railing causing the crowd of people to move.

"Everyone, clear out!" he yelled to the crowd. A Chitauri Soldier came up behind Steve, pulling his mask off. The one Steve knocked back with the shield got up grabbing a weapon and began shooting at Steve, who flipped over the Soldier behind him making the other one shoot his comrade. The beeping on the bomb device began to speed up. Steve quickly grabbed his shield as he and Lucy hid behind their shields both as the Soldier threw the bomb at them, the explosion blasting them out the window making them crash down onto a car.

Steve got up and off of the car he and Lucy fell on. He helped her get down from the roof of the car and helped her keep her balance as she stood. They watched as policemen and firefighters began to direct the civilians out of the building. Steve looked at them in guilt causing Lucy to wrapped her arms around him in comfort. He returned the hug burying his face into her dark hair. They began to make their way back to the bridge they were at earlier. Thor was there as well. All three began to fight the Chitauri. One shot Lucy, knocking her down. She tried her best to stand up as Thor hit a car making it fly back into the small Chitauri group getting ready to attack Lucy. Steve threw his shield at the other Soldiers knocking them down. Thor walked over to Lucy and helped her stand up.

"Are you ready for another bout?" he asked as she stood up. Steve walked over to them.

"What, are you getting sleepy?" Lucy asked jokingly. Thor looked from her to Steve.

"I can close it," Natasha said through the com link. "Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down."

"Do it!" Steve ordered.

"No, wait," Tony said, stopping Natasha.

"Stark these things are still coming."

"I got a nuke coming in. It's gonna blow in less than a minute... And I know just where to put it."

"Stark, you know that's a one way trip."

"Save the rest for the turn, J." They heard Tony flying toward their direction with a missile bigger than him. He flew up toward the portal and disappeared into it. Thor, Steve and Lucy watched as the Chitauri began to fall around them after hearing a muffled explosion.

"Close it," Lucy ordered to Natasha, guilt in her voice knowing if her cousin didn't make it out she would be the cause. The portal close just as Tony began to fall through it. "Son of a gun."

"He's not slowing down," Thor remarked. Just as he was about to go and save Tony, Hulk grabbed the man of Iron and jumped down to the bridge. Thor, Steve and Lucy ran over to Hulk and Tony. Thor grabbed the front piece of the helmet and threw it to the side revealing Tony's face.

"Is he breathing?" Steve asked as Lucy got to her knees and leaned over Tony to check for breathing. She rested her hand on his chest to feel if it was moving from breathing. When she didn't feel anything, Hulk stood up and roared loud enough to wake Tony.

"What the hell?" Tony asked in shock. "What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me."

"We won," Steve stated.

"Alright, yay! Hurray. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. You ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

"We're not finished yet," Thor said referring to Loki.

"And then shawarma after," Lucy promised Tony as she looked at him with a smile. The five met up with Clint and Natasha in Stark Tower. Loki was trying to stand up but stopped when he saw their shadows, and turned to look at them. Natasha had the scepter while Clint pointed an arrow at Loki. He looked to Tony.

"If it's all the same to you," he spoke. "I'll have that drink now." The group brought Loki back to S.H.I.E.L.D. Like Tony suggested, they all went to the shawarma joint he spoke of. The group silently ate at the table while the workers were sweeping up from the attack. Clint had one of his legs in Natasha's lap while Lucy was falling asleep on Steve's shoulder while she ate. He too was falling asleep. Tony, Bruce, Thor and Natasha sat quietly. The news was on showing a report about the attack, one familiar woman was being interviewed. Steve and Lucy recognized to be the woman from the restaurant.

"What, this is somehow their fault?" she asked the reporter. "Captain America and Lady Liberty saved my life. Wherever they are, and wherever any of them are, I would just... I would want to say thank you." The next day, the seven Avengers took Loki and the Tesseract to the front of Central Park. All of them were wearing modern clothes and were cleaned up from the fight. Bruce, Selvig and Tony put the Tesseract into a container which would keep it safe. Steve kept his gaze on the Tesseract for he and Lucy knew what power it held before any of the others, besides Thor and Loki, did. Thor and Loki took both ends of the canister used it to teleport them back to Asgard. After they left, Steve went over to Tony and shook his hand. Natasha gave Lucy a quick hug, same with Clint. She shook hands with Bruce and Selvig and gave Tony a hug before walked back over to Steve who was standing at his motorcycle after shaking hands with the others. Before sitting on it, Steve kissed Lucy on the cheek, starting up the bike they were on, and drove away. The Avengers were free to live in the world without answering for the attack. After staying in New York for about a year, Fury had Steve and Lucy move to Washington D.C. to work for the S.H.I.E.L.D. group there. Natasha had been moving to the nations capital as well for her work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 10.7K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
669K 24.4K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
856K 19.5K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
184K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...