A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 15: Galvanize

3.4K 73 9
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Sabrina sat in Stiles' jeep and stared at her boyfriend who had a grin on his face the entire time he drove to school. "What did you do?" she asked him as he glanced over at her, before looking back at the road.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "You have a stupid but very cute grin on your face so you must have done something." Stiles scoffed. "I didn't do anything," he lied. Sabrina rolled her eyes. "I know last night was mischief night."

"So, you think I've done something?" Sabrina nodded. "I think you pulled a prank on Coach." "Now why would I pull a prank on Coach?" "Because you hate him," Sabrina flat out said.

"...Okay, I do," he mumbled. "But I would never do anything to him because today is his birthday." "How do you-" she paused and shook her head. "Never mind. I don't even want to know how you knew today is his birthday." 

Stiles drove into the school's parking lot and parked his jeep. Together, he and Sabrina got out of the jeep and spotted Scott up ahead, talking to the twins, Aiden and Ethan.

"You're back in school?" Scott asked them, trying to be polite.

"No," said Ethan. "Just to talk."

"Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys," Stiles spoke up as he stood next to Scott with Sabrina by his side. "Seeing as how usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing," he listed off.

Aiden looked over at Scott. "You need a pack. We need an Alpha." Stiles scoffed. "Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though." "You came to us for help. We helped." "You beat his face into a blood pulp. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter-productive."

Scott's jaw tightened a bit. "Why would I say yes?"

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful," Aiden listed. "There's no reason to say no." Stiles rolled his eyes at that.

"I can think of one," Isaac said as he stood by Scott and Stiles. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd." Isaac turned to look back at Scott. "In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now." "Because we're at school, Isaac," Sabrina pointed out.

Aiden flashed his cold, steel blue eyes and growled at Isaac. "You want to try?" Isaac took a step forward but Scott grabbed his arm and pulled him back. Scott shook his head. "Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I."

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina pushed the doors to the school wide open and Stiles immediately got hit in the face with a roll of toilet paper. Sabrina laughed quietly. "All right, that's my face!" he yelled out at a group of kids. He sighed and then turned to Scott. "Hey, dude, good decision buddy. Good Alpha decision."

"I hope so," Scott mumbled as the they stopped by Stiles' locker. Stiles opened his locker and Sabrina looked it over. She noticed that Stiles had a picture of him and her on the door of his locker. The picture was new and was taken recently. 

In the photo, Stiles had his arm stretched out since he held the camera in his hand. He also had his arm wrapped around Sabrina's shoulder and she had her face buried into his chest and covered her face.

Sabrina looked over the photo again and she smiled when she saw Stiles' expression in the photo. He wasn't looking at the camera...he was looking down at her with a smile on his face. 

Sabrina looked over at Stiles who looked at her. "What?" he asked, noticing the smile she had on her face. She pointed to the photo on his locker. "I didn't know you placed that photo in your locker."

Stiles looked over the photo and back at Sabrina with a small smile. "Yeah...this is one of the few photos I like of us," he admitted as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. Sabrina took a step forward and Stiles lowered his hand as she grabbed a hold of them. She looked up and stared into his light brown eyes.

"I love you," she breathed out.

Stiles smile grew. "I love you, too," he breathed out before he leaned down and kissed her. Sabrina smiled through the kiss. They soon pulled away and Sabrina let go off his hands. Stiles winked at her before he began placing some items into his locker.

While Sabrina and Stiles got lost in their conversation, Scott payed no attention to them as he caught a glimpse of Kira from across the hall as she was putting stuff away at her locker.

"Why do you have a carton of eggs?" Sabrina asked as Stiles placed it into his locker. "Uh, you know," he trailed off. Sabrina laughed and shook her head before looking over at Scott. "What are you looking at?" she asked.

Scott's blinked. "Me?"

Stiles and Sabrina followed Scott's line of sight and saw Kira. "You looking at her?" asked Stiles. "Her? Who her?" Scott asked a little defensively. Stiles tilted his head in Kira's direction. "Her her. Kira. You like her?" Sabrina asked. "No," Scott said stiffly before he loosened up. "I mean, yeah. She's okay. She's new."

"So, ask her out?" said Stiles. Scott's eyes widened. "What, now?" Sabrina rolled her eyes. "No, in three months," she paused. "Yes now!" she said as Stiles shut his locker and then they began walking off. Stiles then went and patted Scott's shoulder. "Scott, I don't think you get it. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl that every guy wants." 

Isaac suddenly moved quickly over to them. "Hey, Sabrina," he greeted her as soon as he got to them. "Hi, Isaac," she greeted him.

"I'm the hot girl?" Scott asked as he stopped and looked straight at Stiles. "You are the hottest girl," Stiles said proudly to him. "What?" Isaac said lost at what the two of them were even talking about. He looked over at Sabrina who shrugged her shoulders.

Scott then looked out as if in a daze. "I'm the hot girl," he said a bit enlightened.

Isaac nodded as he looked at him blankly. "Yes you are." He would just go with it and not ask any questions. Something told him that he was better off not knowing.

Scott gave out a smile before walking off Stiles.

"I thought I was the hot girl," Sabrina mumbled. 

Isaac looked at her and smirked. "You are the hot girl," Sabrina smirked at him and patted his chest. "Why don't you try using that line on Allison?" she said before walking away. "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about!" he called out after her.

Sabrina turned around and walked backwards. "Yes you do!" she yelled out and winked at him before turning around again as she made her way to her class.

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina moved into their seats as they waited for Coach to enter the room. Stiles then smiled eagerly at the door leading to Coach's office. Scott smiled as he waited himself. Sabrina's eyes narrowed at her twin and her boyfriend, wondering what kind of prank they had set up for Coach.

Coach walked into the office from the locker room. "Peek a boo," he said before pushing the door wide open and stepping back. Nothing happened. He waved his hand around but still, nothing happened. He then turned the lights on and stepped back again, but again, nothing happened. He then carefully moved around the room, looking at all the corners, even under his desk, but found nothing. He did find something on his desk. A wrapped present topped with a bow. He carefully lifted the lid to see that it was full of bolts and screws. He laughed as he scooped them in his hands. "That's all you got? That's it?" he asked out loud before he went to lift the box. It was attached to a string and then suddenly all the things in his office that were held up by bolts and screws collapsed. That made Coach fist his desk as he angrily sat down. And fell down as his chair fell apart. "SON OF A BITCH!"  

That was heard through the office into his classroom where everyone started laughing. Scott and Stiles shared an amused smile and looks of triumph. Sabrina rolled her eyes but still laughed quietly. A moment later, Coach burst into the room and looked at them all, seething.

"Mischief Night! Devil's Night!" he said as he threw a screw at the floor. "I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil." That made a few of them laugh again. Coach then looked over at Sabrina. "Expect for you Baby McCall," he looked back at his students. "She isn't evil like all of you!" He looked back at Sabrina again. "By the way, thank you for the lovely birthday present, Baby McCall."

Sabrina smiled. "You're welcome, Coach." 

Coach smiled at her before dropping it and went back to glaring at his students. "You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle." He then slammed his hand down at Scott's desk making him jump a bit. "Mine's a freaking omelet!" Coach then looked and noticed another wrapped box on his classroom desk like the one on his office desk. "Oh this," he said lifting it up for the class to see. "We're going to do this again? I don't think so," he said before he let it drop to the floor. Then he smashed his foot down on it where an audibly breaking sound was heard by everyone in the room. Coach then looked down to see that it was a now broken mug that had his face on it and read: #1 Coach. He then noticed a card was included. "Happy Birthday, Love Greenberg," he read aloud.

As Coach was picking up the pieces, Lydia was sitting with her phone when she heard a buzzing sound and started to flap her hand around at it to make the fly go away. It was noticed by Danny who narrowed his eyes at her.

"What are you doing?" he asked her in a whisper.

"There's a fly," she whispered back to him.

That made Danny narrow his eyes at her. As far as he could tell, there was no fly buzzing around her at all. Lydia kept hearing the buzzing but then seemed to realize that there was nothing there herself. Yet, she kept hearing a fly buzzing around her. And, it was getting louder and longer.

++++++

After talking with his dad, Stiles quickly moved to find Scott and the others. He only managed to come across Sabrina, Lydia and Isaac who were with Allison. He went over to them and asked if they knew where Scott was because they had to find him. To warn him. As they went off, he began explaining to them what was going on.  

"Barrow went after kids with glowing eyes? He said those exact words?" Isaac said sounding a little nervous.

"Yeah. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. Just when they opened him up, they found a tumor full of live flies which in any other circumstance would be all kinds of awesome." said Stiles. But Lydia froze. "Did you say flies?"

"Lydia?" Allison asked her. "All day I have been hearing this sound. It's like...this buzzing." "Like the sound of flies?" Sabrina asked her as she moved closer to her. Allison, Stiles and Isaac moved closer to Lydia too. She nodded. "Exactly like the sound of flies."

Now that they knew that Lydia was a Banshee, they had been looking into it and found that they were thought to be sensitive and drawn to death. If Lydia was sensing Barrow nearby, then that could mean that he was here to kill somebody. Somebody who he knew to have glowing eyes.

++++++

Scott was outside the history classroom, eavesdropping on Kira's conversation with her father. As he settled against the wall, Stiles and Sabrina came sprinting from around the corner. Sabrina caught Stiles as he nearly fell over when they spotted Scott.

"Hey, dude, where the hell have you been?" Stiles asked him a little breathless.

Before Scott could say anything, Lydia came over to them. "The police are leaving," she said a bit paled. "Why are they leaving?" Scott narrowed his eyes. "The police?" Stiles' gaze lowered a bit. "They must have cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here."

Now Scott knew he was missing something. "Who? What are you guys- But Lydia cut him off. "He has to be here. That sound...the buzzing I've been hearing? It's getting louder." Sabrina's eyes narrowed. "How loud?" she huffed out.

Lydia closed her eyes as she focused on the buzzing to hear that it was almost deafening. Her expression was all the answer that Stiles needed as he then ran off to try and find his father.

Scott could practically taste the anxiety that Stiles left behind and was almost overwhelmed by Lydia's own. "Can someone tell what's-" But Sabrina and Lydia moved to follow after Stiles. "Going on?" he finished lamely as he watched them run off.

++++++

Agent McCall was moving for the quad with a handful of fellow agents and the Sheriff trailing behind. As they were nearing the open space, Stiles and Sabrina came running up behind them.

"Hey, dad, dad," he said at his father quickly.

"Yeah?" the Sheriff said still moving to leave. "You can't leave yet." Sabrina said quickly. The Sheriff stopped and faced the couple. "We have an eye witness that put Barrow by the train station." "Let's go Stilinski!" Agent McCall called out at him.

But Stiles shook his head at him. "Whoa, dad please." That made his dad stop as the others headed out. "Lydia said that he's still here." The Sheriff moved closer to them. "Did she see him?" "Not exactly, no. Well, not at all, but she has a feeling," Sabrina explained quickly. "A supernatural feeling," Stiles whispered out.

At that, the Sheriff's eyes widened as he looked over where Lydia was watching them a little bit a way, though was trying to pretend not to be.

"Lydia wasn't on the chessboard." "She is now." Sabrina mumbled.  "Kanima?" "Uh, Banshee." Stiles trailed off.

The Sheriff sighed and rolled his eyes. He still was having trouble processing a werecoyote and now something else, outrageous, was being thrown at him. "Oh, God, really?" But Stiles went to try and keep his dad focused. "Yeah, I know how it sounds. But it basically means that she can sense when someone is close to death."

"Can she sense that I'm about to kill you?" Stiles narrowed his eyes and looked over at her. "I don't know." Lydia just smiled and waved her hand at them which the Sheriff returned before he started to back up from him.

"Look, I'm not saying that I don't believe but, right now, I'm going with eye witness over Banshee." Stiles shook his head. "I'll leave a few deputies here and the school on lockdown until 3 o'clock. Nobody comes in, nobody goes out. That's the best I got right now. That's the best I can give you Stiles." He then moved to try and catch up with the others.

"Leaving here, that's the worst!" he tried to explain but his dad kept on going.

++++++

Scott soon managed to get the whole story when he met up with everyone as the school settled. He then sent a call to his mother to get them something to try and find Barrow. His mother managed to sneak in and Scott was in the halls waiting for her. In her hands was a bag.

"You got it?" he asked when he spotted it.

Melissa went and gave it to him. "Promise me you'll be careful? I looked right in this guy's eyes and it was terrifying."

Scott could feel the fear and concern that his mother had right now and he quickly nodded. "Yeah. Mom, I promise. Okay."

"Okay," she said before she reached to give him a small hug.

Scott then moved off to meet with Sabrina and Isaac who was waiting, unhappily with Ethan and Aiden.

"Lydia thinks that he is still here and the cops searched the whole school But, they didn't have one thing." He then reached in and pulled out a pair of hospital robes. "Our sense of smell."

With Barrow's scent, they would be able to find Barrow no matter where in the school he was hiding.

++++++

Scott, Sabrina and Isaac were rummaging through the basement levels, to see if Barrow was down there. Scott and Sabrina were focused but Isaac was feeling too annoyed to really put full effort into it.

"Is this how it's going to be now?" Isaac asked. "We trust them?"

Scott knew that he was talking about the Twins. He sighed. "Just because I'm letting them help, doesn't mean I trust them." "Well, I still don't like them. In fact, I hate them and actually want them to die." Scott nodded. "Well, if Barrow is actually here and he has a plan then he might give you what you want." Maybe even spare Scott an internal dilemma at the same time.

Isaac smiled as he moved his hand to cross his fingers behind his back. 

"Drop that smile," Sabrina said to Isaac. "Why?" he asked. "Because even though you want the twins dead, there's a slight chance that after Barrow find and kills them, he'll come after us and kill us as well."

Isaac's smile dropped. "Well, there goes my good mood," he mumbled.

Suddenly, the fire alarm sounded throughout the school. The three looked at each other, before sprinting out of the boiler room.

++++++

Stiles and Lydia met up with the others outside of the school.

"We didn't find anything," said Aiden.

"Not even a scent," Scott added glumly.

Stiles looked over at the building. "It's 3 o'clock, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?" "Does that mean everybody's safe?" Ethan asked them.

"I don't know," said Lydia. She couldn't understand why she had that strong feeling when no one had been in danger here at all. "I just...I don't know."

++++++

Sabrina was relaxing on Stiles' bed as he was building up a board in his room just like he had seen in his dad's office. He was hoping it would better organize all of his jumbled up thoughts. Seeing the board in his dad's office helped to understand and prioritize what was happening around that whole thing with Malia so he guessed that it could help him in finding Barrow.

Sabrina's eyes followed Stiles' arms as they flexed when he placed a picture of Barrow onto the board. She then felt the bed sink and she looked over to see Lydia, lying down next to her. Lydia then turned to look at the different colored balls of yarn wrapped up next to her. "What do all the different colored strings mean?" as she saw them scattered across his wall.

"Oh, just different stages of the investigation. So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty," he said shrugging the last one off. "I like blue," Sabrina said softly as Stiles smiled at her. "I know," he said. "That's why I have it out." 

"And what does red mean?" Lydia asked interrupting their moment. 

Stiles cleared his throat. "Unsolved." Lydia noticed something. "You only have red on the board." "Yes, I'm aware thank you," he said giving her a stern look that actually made her stiffen a bit.

 Sabrina started to twiddle her fingers. "Did you get detention for pulling the alarm?" she asked unnecessarily. Lydia had told her that Stiles was the one who hard pulled the fire alarm. Of course he would get in trouble for doing that.

"Yep, every day this week," he said not caring about that at all. "It's okay, though. We were onto something." "Even though we couldn't find any proof of Barrow being there?" Lydia pointed out.

Stiles and Sabrina looked over at her and knew she was feeling guilty and mad at herself for leading them what seemed to have been a wild goose chase.

"Hey, Lydia," he said as he went over and bent down next to her and Sabrina. "You've been right every time something like this has happened, okay?" Sabrina nodded. "So don't start doubting yourself now. You're my best friend and you're not allowed to do that." 

But Lydia more than doubted herself now. "No scent. No bomb. And I got you in trouble, Stiles."  

Sabrina stopped her right there. "Okay, look. Barrow was there. All right? You knew it. You felt it. Okay?" Stiles nodded. "And if you wanted to, we'd go back to that school right now and search all night just to prove it." Lydia smiled at the two as Stiles played with the marker he was holding. He pulled the cap off so he could begin writing some notes when the smell hit him quite hard as it was brand new. He was about to wipe at his nose to get rid of the smell when he froze. He was starting to have a thought. "Get up. Get up now. We're going to the school," he told the two girls.  

++++++

Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia sneaked into the school, which was thankfully empty right now. Stiles quickly lead Sabrina and Lydia off until they reached the Chemistry classroom.  

"Stiles, what are we looking for?" Lydia asked when they stepped inside. But Stiles didn't answer her. He just went in and made his way over to the chemical supply closet in the back of the room. He turned the doorknob and the door opened immediately. Sabrina narrowed her eyes. "That was supposed to be locked." Some of these chemicals could be dangerous and it wasn't safe to have students come in here and risk messing around with things that could hurt them or others by accident.  

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, I know. Notice anything else?"

"It smells like chemicals," Sabrina pointed out as the smell of them began to run into her nose. But then Lydia stiffened. "They wouldn't have been able to catch his scent."

Stiles bent down as he spotted some spots of blood as well as metal shavings, probably from staples. "He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself." He looked up at her. "You were right."

"Then why don't I feel good about this?" Lydia asked. "Probably because he was here to kill somebody." said Sabrina. "But who?" Lydia pressed.

"That's what we have to figure out." Stiles then got up from the floor and moved into the classroom. "Spread out, start looking for anything." Stiles began to look through the workstations while Sabrina and Lydia slowly moved over to the board where they noticed that there were three numbers written out. 19, 53 and 88. Stiles saw the way they were looking at the board and noticed it too. "Sabrina, Lydia, what are those?"

"Atomic numbers," she told him. "Is it a formula?" She shook her head. "Not really." Sabrina's eyes narrowed. A strange feeling came over her as she stared at the numbers on the board. "19 is Potassium. 53's Iodine. 88's Radium. The first two make Potassium Iodide."

Lydia reached for the chalk and began to write a K in front of 19. "Potassium is K?" Stiles asked. "From Kalium, the scientific Neo-Latin name," she explained. She then put an I for Iodine. Stiles felt cold all of a sudden. "What's Radium?" She wrote it. "Ra," she said before dropping the chalk as she went to catch her breath.

Sabrina caught her breath too. "Kira," she said horrified.

++++++

Stiles drove his jeep over the speed limit and parked his car in front of Kira's house. He, Sabrina and Lydia immediately got out and spotted an unconscious Scott, lying down on the ground. 

The next thing that Scott knew, he was looking straight up at the blurred streetlight with Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia looking down at him.

"Scott?" Stiles' voice sounded deep and far. "Scott?" he said giving him a shake. Scott then quickly moved to sit up. "Barrow!" he gasped. "He took Kira!" Stiles nodded. "We know. He was after her the whole time."

Scott's jaw then dropped a bit. After he got over the shock, he quickly went to put a call in to Isaac to update him and see if he and Allison found anything.

"No, nothing. Just stuff on flies and the dead. Nothing else," Isaac told him.

Scott deflated at that. "Alright thanks," he said before hanging up and going back towards the others. "We have to think of something. He's going to kill her."

"I knew he was there," said Lydia. "How did I know that?" "Because you heard the flies, right?" asked Stiles. "What do you hear now?" pressed Scott.

Lydia tried to let herself be at mercy to everything but she shook her head. "Nothing." The disappointment and despair could easily be seen on Scott's face at that. "I feel like I can do this but I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue and I don't know how to trigger it," she said almost crying. She then stomped off and pulled on the top of her head. "I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream."

"Then scream," Sabrina said to her. She paced a bit towards her. "Lydia, if that's what you feel like doing right now, then scream," she said to her.

And Lydia did. She screamed.

It was so loud and piercing that Scott, Stiles and Sabrina moved to quickly cover their ears as it felt like it was piercing their brains. But then Lydia stopped. She was staring out, not looking, but hearing. She heard the buzzing again but it wasn't a fly buzzing. It was coming from above her and she saw that the buzz was coming from the street light.

"It's not flies," she said as she looked from it to them, making them jump in surprise. "It's electricity." "Wait, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation," Stiles said remembering what he read from the police reports. 

"What substation?" Scott asked him.

++++++

Scott stopped his bike right outside the substation and Stiles stopped his jeep right behind him. Scott spared him a look before he went and ran inside.

"Okay," Stiles said as he and Sabrina went and started to climb out of his car. "Okay. Wait here, all right? Just wait for the cops to come," Stiles said to Lydia. "Me?" she asked as Stiles closed the door behind him and headed on inside after Scott. "Wait, why?"

Stiles then held his aluminum bat up. "I only got one bat." Sabrina held up her hands "And I got claws." The couple then ran on inside too. As they ran down the halls, the power went out everywhere.

Sabrina picked up Scott's scent and sprinted faster as Stiles followed after her. The two halted to a spot as they took in the scene around them. Scott was on the floor, panting while Kira stood from a distance away, appearing shocked.

"What the hell just happened?" Stiles asked them.

  Kira just looked down at her own hands as Scott looked over at her in concern. 

[Edited 3/5/17] 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 453 15
25 year old Hailey is a woman of secrets. Not one person knows everything about her. When she is called back to Beacon Hills, her life flips. Her bro...
214K 4.1K 24
Sabrina McCall is Scott's twin sister. The McCall twins knew everything about one another. Scott even knew about Sabrina's crush on their best friend...
98.6K 1.7K 43
โ€ข~BOOK TWO~โ€ข Jennifer Blake was gone and the sacrifices were over, but that didn't stop the bad things in Beacon Hills. Something else was going on a...
69.2K 1.3K 23
Carson and Carter and Cassity are the new sisters in Beacon Hills. All three of them have magic but Carson and Carter are also half werewolf. They mo...