Heartbreak Warfare

By thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 11

173K 5.6K 8.8K
By thedaydreamer270

"So, you and Potter are shagging now?" Blaise asked.

Draco nearly spat out the pumpkin juice he was drinking. He looked around the table to see if anyone had overheard but it didn't seem like it. "Excuse me?"

"I saw you sneaking him out this morning. So, what's up? Did it finally happen?"

"Nothing happened," Draco hissed. "And can you keep your voice down?"

"You can't honestly think that I'm going to believe that he was in your bed and you two didn't shag."

"I woke up with him in my bed. He had come to talk to me and saw that I was having a nightmare and he was able to keep it away. I don't know. All I know is that I slept through the night for the first time in months."

"First the fit in the bathroom and now this. Interesting."

"I don't know why you think it's so interesting. There's nothing between us except mutual attraction."

Blaise's jaw dropped. "What? Excuse me, when did this development happen? I thought you told me everything!"

"It just happened and it's not a big deal."

"Are you kidding me? You've been pining over Potter for years and you found out that he fancies you too? How is that not a big deal?"

"Would you stop saying his name?" Draco hissed, looking around the table again. "The last thing I need is a rumor going around."

"Okay, right, sorry," Blaise leaned in closer to Draco. "So, what does that make you two now? Are you dating?"

Draco scoffed. "As if. I don't date."

"Okay...fuck buddies?"

"Merlin, no!" Draco's cheeks turned red. "Does it have to have a label?"

"No, guess not. But you should come to an understanding with him at least."

****

Harry wanted someone to talk to about all of this. He could tell Ron and Hermione but he had a feeling that it wouldn't turn out well. They wouldn't trust Draco and would think Harry was mad. Harry wouldn't be able to talk to them about this normally or openly. None of this was normal but he wanted someone to talk his feelings out with. Because, honestly, what were they doing? Were they dating now? Would this be a public thing? Harry didn't think so. Did it matter? I guess, not at this point.

Harry sighed and poked at his food. It took all his will power to not look at the Slytherin table. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he almost didn't notice the tension between his friends at the table. He looked up and saw Ron and Lavender snuggled up. When had they shown up? Hermione was next to Harry, pointedly not looking at the couple and talking to Ginny. Harry noticed that she wasn't with Dean. Dean was sitting a little way down the table with Neville and Seamus. There was tension between everyone. There's one good thing about that. Everyone will be preoccupied with all their own drama and not notice Harry and his drama.

Harry stood up and nodded goodbye to his friends before heading out. He had some homework he needed to get done but he wanted to get some fresh air first. He didn't want to be around all that tension when he had things to think about himself.

He sat down on the edge of the fountain in the courtyard, staring up at the sky. The Fall air felt nice on his skin. He always felt stuffy in his uniform. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned a button on his shirt so he felt less like he was choking.

"Uniforms were made for people like you."

Harry looked up to see Draco had stopped in front of him with a smirk on his face.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "And who are these people that are like me?"

"People that wouldn't put effort into their look without being forced to."

Harry smiled. "It takes effort to put on a hoodie and jeans."

Draco huffed out a laugh and sat next to him. "Maybe, but you look more put together in the uniform." He looked Harry up and down. "Sort of."

"Not everyone is used to wearing suits all the time. Also, who would want to wear a suit on our day off?"

"You're wearing your uniform on a Sunday."

"That's because I thought it was Monday and didn't realize it wasn't until breakfast."

"That sounds like you."

Harry smiled. "So, why do you wear suits all the time?"

"Can you see me wearing jeans, Potter?"

Harry thought about it and laughed. "Guess not."

They sat in silence for a while before Harry spoke again.

"Aren't you afraid people are going to see us and wonder what's going on?"

Draco shrugged. "I should and do but...I don't want to." Draco ran his fingers through his hair. "Not that it matters what I want."

"That's not true. It matters to me."

"Why?"

"Because you matter to me."

"But you hated me a few weeks ago. That doesn't just go away."

"No, not just." Harry put his hand over Draco's. "It's been a gradual change. I just haven't noticed it until recently."

"How? You don't know me."

"I do know you—"

Draco got to his feet. "No, you don't."

"Then we'll get to know each other. But if this is going to work you've got to stop treating me like an enemy."

"Aren't you?"

"Draco—"

"I don't know what you expect from me. We've been enemies for years. I can't just flip a switch and change that."

"I'm not asking you to flip a switch. I'm asking you to try."

****

Draco looked down at him. He thought about what it would be like to be with Harry. To let his walls down and be honest with someone. The person he was most honest with was Blaise but that wasn't the same. They were in the same boat with deatheater parents but they couldn't help each other get out of their mess. Blaise and Draco could only understand and sympathize with each other. But if Harry knew, and if he really did care about him, maybe...

Draco didn't dwell on the thought. It was absurd and delusional. They would never get that far. So, he should just enjoy it, right? What was wrong with that? No one had to know. He could try. He could ride the wave until it inevitably crashed into the shore. He was already broken beyond repair. What were another few scratches?

"I'll try to try," Draco said, finally.

Harry's lips twitched as he tried to suppress his smile. "Deal."

"But you should know that I can't give you much—"

"I know," Harry stood up and put his hand on Draco's arm. "I'm happy with whatever you can give me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...
646K 21.1K 67
Harry was not at all excited to start school again. He was not ready for all the "dark lord" talk to start up again. Back at Hogwarts harry walks in...
83.4K 2.6K 17
Muggle story Harry james potter. The shy boy. He was always reading or drawing, studying as an artist. Secretly gay and pretending to date one of his...
9.4K 847 28
I do not own Harry Potter. This is HarryxDraco fanfic. It's a DRARRY if you don't like it then please don't read it. ***** "Harry?" Draco called out...