Learn || Golden Child

By -jiung

"read out the lyrics? damn daddy damn daddy da-" "get out, lee jangjun." in which golden child had 3 new assi... More

characters
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

38

265 9 15
By -jiung

The next day, 7pm

Jaein and Sungyoon exited the elevator and entered the dance studio. Many students were already gathering nearby, waiting for their lesson to start.

"Seems like there are many people taking this class," Sungyoon said as he looked around. Jaein nodded in agreement.

They walked further inside to sign up for the lesson. After the registration, they noticed some familar people appearing in the same place.

Jaein widened her eyes in shock. "Wait, what? Why are they here?"

"Oh my god! Hi!!" Arim exclaimed as she saw Jaein and Sungyoon walk to them.

Bomin looked excited at their arrival. "What a coincidence!"

"We technically copied their idea of coming to dance class so it's not much of a coincidence," Minah laughed a bit.

"Well, we had no idea they're coming to this class, so it's kind of surprising that we met," Donghyun responded.

Sungyoon chuckled at the 4 teenagers. "You guys overheard our conversation?"

They nodded in response.

*flashback*

After practice, a few people stayed behind. The practice rooms remained open the whole time, so that they can practice whenever they want.

"Jaein ah, tomorrow we'll have singing lesson, right?" Sungyoon questioned. She nodded.

"I have an idea," he said, "after singing lesson, we can go to a dance studio for a dance lesson."

"Dance studio?"

"Yeah. I think we should try something new, and going to dance lessons like this may boost your confidence. Do you want to go?"

Jaein smiled, "sounds nice, sure."

"Hey, I heard Jaein and Sungyoon talking about going to a dance studio for dance lessons. I also want to take classes," Arim whispered to Bomin.

"Then let's also go then?" Bomin replied. Arim nodded excitedly.

"I'll ask Minah and Donghyun as well," she said, "maybe the four of us can go together."

"Hmm, dance lessons?" Minah thought about it for a while after Arim asked about it. "Sure."

"Oh? Surprisingly Minah wants to go instead of lying down on her bed." Donghyun laughed.

"It's for you, idiot." His girlfriend slapped his arm, making him smile widely.

"Alright! Then it's the 4 of us!" Bomin exclaimed, "I'll look for what dance studios we can go to and tell you guys about it in our group chat."

*end of flashback*

Dance lesson finally started. Many people entered the room and it could almost be called crowded for a place where people dance. The 6 of them stood at the back.

"This dance teacher is popular," Donghyun said.

"Yeah because he's handsome," Minah replied. Arim giggled in response, agreeing to her words.

"Hmph," Bomin pouted, "I'm also handsome, Arim ah."

"Of course!" Arim exclaimed, "Bomin is the most handsome boy to me." And the boy finally smiled again.

Throughout the lesson, they learned the choreography which was made by the teacher. It was short but very difficult.

"We'll take a short break for now," the teacher said. "Later we'll start filming after going through the whole thing a few times again." And the students finally got to rest.

"I'm dYiNG-" Minah almost freaked out after the 5 people gathered together. Donghyun wasn't there since he left to go to the washroom.

"I kind of expected this difficulty," Bomin shrugged. "I checked out other dance videos of this teacher."

"I love this choreography," Arim smiled.

"Mmhmm..." Jaein nodded in agreement. She then continued spacing out while trying to remember the choreography.

"It really takes some effort to learn such a hard dance this in such a short period of time," Sungyoon said.

At this moment, Donghyun returned and joined the circle. "Huh, the dance teacher just complimented me," he said, looking a bit happy.

"Wow, as expected from our main dancer," Sungyoon smiled.

"You and Bomin are getting a lot of attention as well," Arim said, lowering her volume.

That's when they finally noticed. The students were sitting in groups, some were even chatting with the teacher. But a majority of those girls were stealing glances at the three boys, mostly Sungyoon and Bomin. Some of them were probably discussing about them while giggling.

"Look at how all eyes were on the two of you, handsome people really are different." Donghyun looked a bit sad.

Minah glared at him, "you're envious, huh?"

"That's not what I meant-"

"You want other girls to stare at you, huh?! Then go to them!!" Minah hit his arm.

"Sorry I'm wrong!" Donghyun cried, putting his hands up to surrender. The others laughed at the scene.

"Minah is so cute when she's jealous," Jaein smiled.

"Shut up," Minah said, clinging onto Donghyun protectively.

"It's like she turned into another person." Arim was surprised.

"I don't need other girls to stare at me. You're all I need. Okay?" Donghyun gently patted Minah's head. And she nodded.

And then lesson resumed. The class practiced a few times before they filmed their first practice video.

"Now we'll separate into groups for filming since we have so many people. You can ask your friends to film you as well." The teacher said, before walking to the students.

"You're 1, you're 2, 3, 4, and then back to 1..." he started numbering them to separate them into 4 groups.

"Ah, do we really have to do it this way? I want to dance with Bomin." Arim pouted.

Bomin held her hand, unwilling to separate with her. Meanwhile Minah just clung onto Donghyun once again.

"Is there anything we can do to help them?" Sungyoon whispered to Jaein half jokingly. Jaein shrugged in response.

The dance teacher finally walked over to their side, and couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the scene.

"3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4. Sounds good?" He purposely didn't number them in order, so that Minah could be with Donghyun and Arim could be with Bomin, while Jaein and Sungyoon will be separated.

"Yes!" They all laughed.

Quickly the teacher finished numbering everyone. "Group 3 will go first."

The other people stayed at the side. Bomin, Arim, and other people in group 3 scattered among the dance room since there's more space now. Some people, including Minah and Donghyun, stayed at the back to help film them with their phones.

And then it was Jaein's turn. Sungyoon helped her film at the back.

Afterwards it was Sungyoon's turn. Jaein helped him take a video. At the same time she noticed that many other people also took out their phones to film Sungyoon dancing.

Lastly it was Minah and Donghyun's turn, where Arim and Bomin helped them film. And they cheered when the dance teacher told Donghyun to move to the front and dance.

After everyone danced, the teacher had another solo performance. Then he chose a few students to film with him for the very last time.

He chose the three boys along with a few girls who were also good at dancing.

And that concluded the lesson. Students were dismissed.

"Let's eat dinner together," Bomin suggested.

Arim smiled widely as she hugged his arm. "Yes! I'm starving."

"We can have some desserts too," Donghyun said.

Minah nodded, smiling, before looking around, "wait a second. Where is Sungyoon?"

"Jaein ah, do you know where he is?" Arim tapped the girl's shoulder.

Jaein just stared blankly at a direction, where Sungyoon got surrounded by a lot of girls.

"Oh shit," Donghyun mumbled when he saw what's happening.

"Hey there~ you danced so well just now. What's your name?"

"What's your instagram name? Let's be friends!"

"Are you single? I want to get to know you more~"

"Can I have your number?"

Sungyoon didn't know how to react to the situation. He tried to walk away but couldn't.

Arim widened her eyes before shaking Jaein's shoulders hard. "Yah! Go save your partner!"

"I know right! These two guys here are safe because of us. But Sungyoon over there isn't!" Minah exclaimed.

"B-but I'm no one to save him from that situation..." Jaein panicked.

"Come on," Arim looked completely serious, "take a deep breath. You'll know what to do. Just a bit of acting is fine."

"A-acting?" Jaein's voice was shaking as she spoke.

The other four teenagers looked at her silently.

"Okay, I'll try my best." The girl let out a sigh before turning around, walking towards the crowd.

Sungyoon was panicking and he felt uncomfortable. However, he couldn't figure out a way to get out of this situation. And he widened his eyes when Jaein pushed through the other girls and stopped in front of him.

"Yah oppa~" Jaein whined, making him freeze in shock.

"Why are you like this?!" She lightly punched his arm, "you always don't express yourself well. You should reject people at the right times."

Sungyoon remained speechless at how she's acting like a completely different person.

"Why can't oppa just tell others that you have a girlfriend?! You're going to make unnie so jealous." Jaein looked at him with puppy eyes as she pouted at him, making him widen his eyes.

"Sorry, my brother is always like that. Also, he doesn't really use social media." The girl smiled apologetically at the other people as she hugged his arm. "If lucky enough you may be able to meet him next time. We're leaving now."

At this moment, the other four teenagers finally came to save the both of them.

"Yes!" Minah dramatically hit Jaein on the back, "maybe next time!"

"Y-yeah!!!!" Arim jumped in as well, "Let's go and eat!!"

"Agree!!" Bomin and Donghyun exclaimed before grabbing Sungyoon's arm, dragging him out of the crowd. The six of them left the dance studio.

They went to one of the nearby restaurants and took a seat. They quickly ordered their food before it was complete silence again, remembering the sudden event.

"Jesus christ Choi Jaein..." Minah looked at Jaein, surprised by her acting.

"I'm impressed, to be honest," Bomin said.

"I... I don't... how..." Jaein had been overwhemed by anxiety ever since she left the dance studio and got out of character. She almost couldn't breath and had to keep holding her stomach that was aching.

Arim got a bit worried, and tried to put her arm around Jaein to calm her down. But she just shook her head, meaning that she didn't want to be touched.

At this moment, Sungyoon, who sat right opposite to Jaein, finally spoke, "thank you for saving me."

She tried to respond but was still too anxious to even speak, so she just nodded her head.

"Are you not feeling well?" He asked, "I can walk you home first if you want to leave early."

Jaein widened her eyes and shook her head, and finally forcing out a few words, "it's fine, I'm okay..."

———————————

Arim: hey dude

Arim: hey

Arim: hey

Arim: hey

Arim: HEY

Arim: DUDE

Arim: ARE YOU ONLINE

Arim: OR ARE YOU DEAD ASDFGHJKLL

Jaein: yeah both

Arim: are you feeling better

Jaein: yeah

Arim: good, we were very worried

Arim: btw i cant believe what you did today

Jaein: ...

Arim: you freaking sister-zoned yourself what the heck?

Arim: you should've acted as his girlfriend

Jaein: i have my reasons

Jaein: i dont know how to act like a girlfriend because i've never been one

Jaein: i could act as a sister this well because i am one

Arim: ....

Arim: fine

Arim: but now what

Arim: what if he ends up actually thinking of you as his sister

Jaein: sigh

Jaein: i dont know...

Arim: but on the bright side tho~

Arim: do you know that he had been staring at you the whole time during dinner

Jaein: ... really?

Arim: yeahhh he seemed so worried about you

Jaein: omg

Arim: so dont worry, you still have a chance

Arim: it's still possible so good luck!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 105 14
Golcha one-shots where the story will be inspired by songs. (Aug 2020 - June 2022)
13.4K 480 34
"nobody loves you more than me, baby."
734 21 8
A simple collection of BongBeom One-Shot written by me.
67.8K 1.3K 27
A bunch of drabbles for my Golden Child ♥ STAN GOLDEN CHILD EVERYONE 05.17.18: 5K reads 07.12.18: 7K reads 10.17.18: 10K reads 4.27.19: 15K reads [ d...