Frozen Rose

By KaylaHeartfilia

Everyone thought they knew Amy Rose; the sweet and lovable, cheerful pink hedgehog. But because of one fatefu... More

Frozen Rose (A SonAmy Fanfic)
Chapter 1- Horrible Memory
Chapter 2- Frozen Rose
Chapter 3- Janus
Chapter 4- Sonic and Tails
Chapter 5- Shadow Killer
Authoress' Note
Chapter 6- Night Run
Chapter 7- Janus Appears Again
Chapter 8- The Colors of the Pendant; The Seal is Breaking?
Chapter 9- Ordering and Inner Thoughts
Chapter 10- The Seal Broke
Chapter 11- Runaway and Intensity
Chapter 12- Eggman's Return
Author's Note
Chapter 13- Flashback and Revelation
Chapter 14- Telling the Truth
Chapter 15- The Past is Told
Chapter 17: Ice
Chapter 18: The Reunion
Authoress' Show
Authoress Show'
Authoress' Show
Chapter 19: Jake Is Here! Sonic's New Rival?
Authoress' Note
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Note

Chapter 16- Confession

821 14 9
By KaylaHeartfilia

After Amy's story telling session, Sonic told her to take her out on a date, shocking the others.

"W-Wha...?" Amy stammered. A date? Since when did he like to go out to dates with her? Especially now? 

Sonic grinned though he threw her a confused look. "I thought you would like that?" He asked. 'In fact, I thought you would really like that.' Hurt flashed across his eyes at his next thought. 'Have you really given up on me?'  

Yes, he was hurt at the fact of the possibility of Amy not liking him anymore. Yes, he was. Which means that our favorite blur actually held some feelings for our favorite pink hedgehog. Deep feelings. Feelings that he knows, and is, planning to tell.

Amy bit her tongue to refrain from saying, 'You know that I've given up on you, right?' Her chest constricted at the thought, and she knew why. Her feelings didn't diminished, but it is still hidden. She can't open up her heart only to be hurt again. Seeing Sonic's eyes flash in an emotion she couldn't decipher, she made an excuse of her original thought.

"Well, I do need some fresh air. How does that sound?" She sweetly smiled.

Sonic gave her a thumbs up. "You 'betcha!" 

Amy softly giggled and stood up from the couch. "Well..." She looked each at everyone in the eye. "You can go now. I already told you everything and...I guess, you can help me." She was still unsure at the last part though. What if she loses control?

Rouge smirked. "Trying to get rid of us, are you?" She teased.

"N-No! I-"

Knuckles chuckled as he grabbed the white bat in the arm and dragged her towards the door. "I think its time we left the two...lovebirds alone." He threw the others -except the said lovebirds- a look before dashing out. 

Shadow coughed ad before anyone can blink, he ran out, following the echidna. Tails fake cough, took Cream's arm and began dragging towards the direction of his lab while saying, "Have fun you too! We'll be...right in the lab...researching." Both of them immediately left after that.

"....Shall we go?" Sonic asked, breaking the silence that was about to come.

Amy nodded in reply.

~**~

"Ahhh~ This feels refreshing!" The pink hedgehog said while stretching her arms. "It feels so good to be outside. I feel great!" They were currently in the park where Amy was captured by Eggman, and the place where she first fainted.

Sonic chuckled. "Why do you say that?" He asked, genuinely curious.

Amy stopped, a smile remained on her face, and linked her hands behind her back. "Everything. My powers, flashbacks, Janus, these secrets, everyone, and the future....it's all taking a toll at me, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I'm tired and all I want is...to forget everything for a day." She twirled around to face him. "Was that strange? Sorry about that." 

Sonic frowned at her forced smile. He can see how tired she was, all drained from the recent events. 'She has a big destiny all set out for her. It's a good thing we offered to help her. She can't do this alone!' His eyes turned determined, fists lightly clenched. 'No matter what she says,I'm sure the others agree.' He watched as Amy twirled again and continued to walk forward. 'She's under a lot of stress, the least I can do is to give her a good time. To forget everything for a day.' 

Sonic walked behind her- which was strange since the blue blur always love to go fast! He was thinking about his plans for the day when his eyes spotted an ice cream truck near the fountain. He smiled and dashed towards it, passing the pink hedgehog. 

"S-Sonic?" Amy yelped as her hair was blown around wildly. "That idi-" She stopped when she saw Sonic buying two ice creams (one strawberry and other blueberry) and then dashed in front of her. With all the times she spent with him, she didn't even blink at his speed.

"Strawberry?" He offered a cone. Amy blushed, nodded, and took it. 

"T-Thank you." She licked the frozen treat and smiled at the taste. "Hmm~"

He grinned. "I thought you needed something to eat to get your thoughts out of your mind." He shrugged, smiling. "So, did it work?" 

Amy licked her ice cream, feeling the cold treat erase all her thoughts. "Mhmm!" She nodded. 

"I'm glad! Where should we go next?" He asked, seemingly excited to spend time with her. Amy tilted her head in confusion. 

"I'm pretty sure I said to get some fresh air, not to walk around." 

Sonic rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "That's boring!" Then an imaginary light bulb shone on above his head. "I know! Let's go to my favorite chili dog stand!"

She raised her right eyebrow, seemingly surprised by his offer. 'He must be doing it for me.' She fought the urge to frown. 'I really do make everyone worry. Even for the simplest things.' Seeing the blue blur waiting for an answer, she replied, "Sure, I guess. Maybe you're right, walking around is boring." She can't let Sonic waste his efforts of making her happy.

He fist bumped the air, yelling, "Alright!"Then he turned around and kneeled on one knee. "Get on my back, it will be faster this way." Amy blushed and reluctantly got on. Sonic placed his arms below her thighs so she won't fall off. The pink hedgehog fought the urge to blush madly. 

"HANG ON!" Sonic screamed before disappearing like a blur.

~**~

Amy didn't scream, in fact, she laughed. Seeing your surroundings blur like a paint splashed on canvas was amazing! Running at the speed of light was mind-blowing, no wonder Sonic love it. Unfortunately, it was only 10 seconds before the fun was over.

"We're here!" 

Amy got off his back and tried to fix her hair which was tangled into knots. "Great, get me a chili dog, will you? I need to fix my hair." She asked, wincing whenever she accidentally pull the knots. Sonic nodded, though reluctantly, and walked away to a nearby chilli dog stand.

After a minute of fixing her hair, she took a step forward when she was hit on the head by a pebble which was the size of a toe nail. "What the...?" She turned behind her and saw a fuming cat with a very skimpy attire. "What's the big idea?!" She glared in annoyance.

The cat glowered in disgust and rage. "You!  How dare you be near with Sonic. HE'S MINE, YOU HEAR ME?!"

'Oh...a fan girl. Of course.' Amy thought with disdain. She glanced at Sonic, who was waiting patiently for his orders, then to the girl. "Look, Sonic is nobody's. He is not a possession so..." She let her powers surged through her, but she wasn't going to use it. Yet. Instead, she let it gather in her eyes, making her emerald orbs glow even brighter. Glaring at the now surprised female, she let her irritation show. "BACK OFF!" 

Of course, she sent a blast of wind from her body, throwing the girl away and hitting her head on a tree, losing consciousness. Amy swept her glowing eyes on the girl's body, scrutinizing her for any injuries. Seeing none, she turned and ran to Sonic's side- who was now holding chilli dogs on both hands.

"Here you go, Ames." He handed her one.

The pink hedgehog blushed at the nickname and took a bite of her treat to hopefully get her mind off it. After finished eating, they took a leisure walk around.

"So, where to next?" She asked, breaking the silence. Sonic paused, hummed a bit, then snapped his fingers. Amy noted the excited gleam in his eyes and wondered why. 

"I know where!" He dropped on one knee and looked at her. Taking it as her cue to get on, she settled on his back on a piggyback ride. Since she was behind him, she didn't see the nervous, anxious and at the same time excited look on his face. "Hold on tight!" Amy didn't need to be told twice.

~*~*~*~

"Whoa..." Amy stared in awe at the view in front of her. Sonic had taken her outskirts of town to what he call, 'his special place'. They were above the cliff, the waves of the ocean against the rocks was heard below, but what caught the pink hedgehog's attention was the view.

It was still two hours before lunch so Amy can see the glistening beauty of the ocean, the sky was clear with a few clouds here and there, the wind was blowing against her, letting her hair flow with its current. She didn't mind if it got tangled though. Her eyes were fixed on the view in front of her. 

Closing her eyes, she let the breeze take her away. Blowing her thoughts from her mind, easing her body, and giving her a peaceful and a serene feeling. For once, she felt free from her duties, powers, and worry. She could just stay on that spot forever and never get bored.

Sonic walked beside her, glancing at her serene look and chuckled. "Do you like it?"

Amy opened her eyes, revealing her emerald orbs that was sparkling in happiness. "Oh, I love it! When did you find it?" She gestured in front of her with a smile.

"When I was on my run, I took a detour, and well- I thought to stop for a moment to stretch. I looked to my left and saw an amazing view of the ocean here! Since then, I always came by here to clear my head or just to relax."

"I'm guessing I'm the first person you've brought here." Amy giggled.

"You are!" He nodded. "And- I thought...you know...this may be...a good time to say this..." He began to kick the ground, his eyes adverted everywhere except hers, and bit his lip, looking very nervous.

Amy suppressed to stare and gape. Sonic? Nervous? That did not just happen. Rubbing her eyes for a moment, she stared again. He was! She couldn't believe it! Sonic is always confident in himself, sometimes to the point of arrogance. Almost. Seeing him nervous was new.

Then she remembered his words. "Say what?"

"Umm..." He hesitated for a moment.

"Come on, Sonic, tell me." 

"It's..."

She was getting very intrigued so she prodded him more. "Say it! I won't judge."

"I-I..." He took a deep breath, and said. "IlikeyouverymuchforalongtimenowbutIwasstupidnottonotice thissowillyoubemygirlfriend?" He hurried out in one breath.

She blinked once. Twice. And made a sound akin to 'huh?' She shook her head before regarding him with a confused look. "Excuse me, can you repeat that? Or was that what you want to tell me? I didn't get a thing! Was it another language or something? Because I d-"

"I like you very much for a long time now but I was stupid not to notice this so...will you be my girlfriend?" He cut her off, repeating his words slowly this time.

For a moment, Amy stared at him. Her mouth was slightly open, her eyes wide, and she stared at the blue blur like he grew a second head or something. 

"You...what? How can I know you're not lying? That you won't just leave me like an idiot all those years ago?" Her chest began to feel heavy, her eyed began to look glassy with unshed tears.

A crestfallen look appeared on his face. He figured she would ask that. Since he ignored her love and affections for years of getting his attention. 

Sigh. "Ames, I was young. And stupid. And a jerk. I'm sorry for all those years. It's just that..." He trailed off. "I never know how to love someone romantically. Except with Sally though, one time. But...after you've stopped chasing me, and after I began to know you better, something bigger than my feelings for Sally grew. I would constantly stare at you, feel the need to make sure your safe, stay close- all that stuff. But more, and...I guess I realized too late."

He scratched his head, feeling uncomfortable. "I know you don't like me anymore than as a friend. But I want you to know that-"

"Prove it." Amy cut in, giving him a challenging look. 

"Huh?"

"Prove to me that what you said is true." 

A confused look settled on his face. "How?"

"I don't know. Anything!"

Sonic thought for a bit when an idea came to him. He suddenly look determined, his expression serious. Is it normal to say he looks more handsome than usual? 

"Uhh, Sonic?"

He didn't answer but stepped forward towards her.

"Sonic?"

Another step.

"Sonic, are you okay?"

Another one. Now they're face to face.

He leaned down, "I will prove to you...that I love you." He whispered seductively in her ear, causing a shiver ran down her spine.

"H-" 

She was cut off. But not with words.

With a kiss.

Yes, Sonic kissed her. It was gentle but filled with love and compassion. Her eyes slowly closed, drowning herself in their kiss. It was like fireworks burst in her, butterflies fluttered in her stomach and a blush grew on her muzzle.

They parted for air, slightly panting.

"I love you." He pulled her into a hug. 

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 2K 20
Strangers, Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends, Intimate Friends ... Lovers? This story will follow the growing friendship between Shadow a...
138K 3.2K 18
Amy Rose has grown tired of chasing Sonic and decides to stop pursuing him. She never notices that Sonic had been in love with her the entire time, a...
149K 3.2K 29
You are (y/n) The Hedgehog. You lived in a creepy forest all alone. And every once in a while bumping into the Sonic crew. You didn't know them speci...
17.8K 438 17
After separating herself from her friends, Amy Rose has become a matured, independent hedgehog of 17. But what madness will occur when a robot smashe...