The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

The Interview

56 5 0
By mary4561

      "The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend".
                     -Stephen Richards

Debbie sits down for the interview with the reporter who was called Allison Magnusson. All of Debbie's team was in the room as well as her father and his team. As she's miked up Debbie look around at everyone nervously as her father smiles at her. As she's asked questions about how she was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease then how the disease has impacted on her life. Debbie ponders silently about living with a chronic condition. When she makes clear that everything was okay with her now and it was just routine medication she was taking. The interviewer smiles and changes tack. 

She ask Debbie how different it would be for her studying in Denmark rather than the UK. Her father went to stop the interview, "It's okay daddy our people need to see that like them their future queen is just a regular person". Debbie talks fashion, music and the arts with Allison.

"You had a regular job what was that like for you Your Highness?"

"It was wonderful I'm passionate about numbers accountancy in fact. I wish more females studied the subject as well as STEM".

"Is there anything you're looking forward to doing in the near future your highness?"

"Yes, I'm attending the ballet in couple days and as I've said before I love the arts. I also have my first official engagement with my father to come".

The interviewer goes to ask another question but Debbie looks at her team who politely let everyone know the interview was over.

"I love your dress by the way it's a Danish designer right?"

"Of course it is Allison my job is to show Denmark to the world so they want to invest in it. Which means secure jobs for now and new job opportunities in the future".

As the mike is removed from her and the interviewer Allison whispers to Debbie, "You're incredibly smart and strong. I have Crohn's as well but I have a bag other people in my family struggle with it too. I want you to know that you have a friend in me and I will always fight your corner for you.  You want our country to thrive and you're proud of being Danish and when the racist come for you when you mess up which will happen. I will be shouting them down the loudest. Here's my phone number it's my private one if you need to vent about your Crohn's or just need a friend I'll be discreet. Not even my friends will know ask your father if I'm trustworthy or not".

"Thank you'".

Debbie walks with her father to the dining room, "Allison gave me her phone number. She has Crohn's Disease like me, daddy can she be trusted?"

"Allison found out about you some years ago when she was a newbie reporter I spoke to her and ask her to not print the story. She explained to me about her Crohn's and how she had to hide it from her co-workers. We talked and she gave me the papers that proved you existed and didn't tell her boss. 

Not long after that incident I heard she was looking for a new job. I had a friend who was looking to hire someone and got her the job it was all done very discreetly. When we want to leak something we give it to her not all the time though as questions would be asked. To answer your question she can be trusted she's only 25. She could be a good friend to you and you would have someone who truly understands your disease to talk to. She has a phone that can't be hacked it's given usually only to royalty, the government and trusted people".

Debbie and her father arrive in the dining room to see Susan at the table with her Uncle David and his family. They all rise and bow or curtesy to the king and his heir".

"I believe your aunt has something she wishes to say to you",  Debbie looks at her uncle then at her aunt.

"I apologise your Highness for my rudeness when I last saw you. I overstepped my boundaries you're the future queen after all".

"Thank you for the apology Anette as I have said before and will repeat. Everyone has to do their part we need to show the people they're getting their money's worth for the money we get from them. I have just done an interview". 

Debbie looks at her watch, "I believe by the time we finish eating it should be on the news".

"After dinner we will retired to the drawing room and watch it. Even if we misjudge the time there's always youtube", announces her father.

"Susan it nice to have you here I believe my daughter has a full week plan of activities for you both to do. I got you tickets to the ballet on Tuesday. You cannot sit with Debora of course but you will be close by her and Emma".

"Thank you your majesty".

"It's not a problem you have been loyal and haven't sold any stories on Debora, it's much appreciated".

"Debs was there for me when my world fell apart my brother died when I was ten. My parents grief at the time meant they often forgot about me at times. When my younger brother was born it helped heal the grief they suffered  somewhat and they became the loving parents I remember again".

"I'm very sad to hear about your brother".

"Thank you your majesty".

"Anette I had an idea for our engagement today in my interview to be aired I talk about STEM. I think going to a high school or college where those subjects are prioritised would be a good idea. What do you all think of that?"

"I think it's a wonderful idea I have often spoken out over the years on the importance of education.  With Victoria wanting to continue her studies and you actually going to university. It will look like we're leading by example".

"Wonderful there's a store being built our version of Harrods. Its showcasing the best of Denmark I want all the senior female royals there".

"Any idea when that will happen daddy?"

"It will be in couple months".

After dinner they all retired to the drawing room and watched Debbie's interview and everyone tells her she did well. She showed Susan around the palace and the gardens.

"How are you really finding it Debs?"

Debbie pickes a rose from the garden and smells it before answering, "It's all new and exciting and I have a family that wants me. I've had my first engagement with another royal then I did some interviews. I'm still learning to be a royal from daddy and grandpa.  Next week while you're here I've two engagements one with Emma and Victoria and one with my father. I also have my last AAT exam and I will officially have my level 4 in Accounting. I'm sorry you won't get to spend all your time with me".

"I'm happy for you as long as you're happy I'm happy whatever time we spend together will be okay with me. I'm pretty sure your schedule will be jam packed soon and this visit will be something we both look back on with fondness".

Debbie laughs, "You're right my work diary has already got lots of engagements in it. My staff is working out couple tours for me to do before university starts".

"So what's the deal with your aunt?"

"She doesn't like not being the head female in the family anymore. She was rude to me at a dinner I had with her. I dismissed her and she wasn't best pleased".

Susan laughs, "Don't take crap from these people they will smell any weakness and pounce. Have you made any friends yet?"

"Just the Spanish princess and my cousins Emma and William are great. I'm sure once university starts I'll make some new ones".

"Be careful who you trust?"

"Everyone will be looked into by the secret services that's in my class or try to start a friendship with me. I'm not really too worried besides I have you. How's college life in America?"

"It's great I joined a black sorority which does a lot for the community. I'm keeping my head down I'm going to be a doctor and no one is going to derail me from my dreams".

"Good for you tomorrow we're going shopping in my closet for something for you to wear to the ballet. I do have some designers coming next week to take my measurements you can sit in and watch if you like".

"I would love to", answers Susan excitedly.

The night of the ballet came and Debbie was wearing a red dress by a Danish designer with her braids hanging loose down her back. While she snaps a picture of herself someone knocks on her bedroom door.

"Come in",

Susan enters wearing a stunning one shoulder white Dior dress. Her hair was in a bun, "You look lovely Susan".

"Thanks Debs".

The next morning Debbie woke up early and swam couple laps in the palace pool. She then has a shower before sitting on her bed in her robe watching the news. They were still talking about her Crohn's Disease. There were people who thought can she rule with such a serious condition or even produce heirs. Mostly people reacted positively to her interview and emails started coming in from all over the world of people with the same condition.

She saw headlines such as We couldn't love her more but there were also hash ones. Saying she shouldn't be queen with her health condition.

Debbie went to the dining table and ate her breakfast of boil eggs and smoke salmon with fresh orange juice. She then gets dress in a yellow summer dress with sandals and hoop earrings. The dress was from H&M and the sandals were from Top-shop. The earrings were a gift to herself.

At Debbie's first official engagement with her father the car pulled up to the entrance to the hospital where Debbie's security opened her car door for her. Debbie waited till her father exited the car first then she followed him. She walks behind him and followed his cues as she was told to do. 

As she sanitises her hands at the entrance to the ward she watches her father start talking to a little boy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Crownless By SAMA

Teen Fiction

4.8K 439 49
When the king and Queen are lost on who they should crown the new queen of Avelyn, they come up with a simple task. They send the three princesses to...
625K 23.8K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
26K 1.1K 37
"Why me?" "I've been asking myself the same thing since the day I saw you." *** Hope Lancaster had always lived a relatively normal life. School, wor...
46.5K 1.1K 18
Alice Christensen is diagnosed with leukemia. To secure a bone marrow donation, she makes a marriage pact with a young Prince AndrΓ© of Denmark but th...