Kibo โœถ Poe Dameron x Reader

By S_is___bored

Y/N is a girl who is desperately trying to run away from her past and will do anything to make her nightmares... More

Chapter 1 - The Calm
Chapter 2 - Before the storm
Chapter 3 - The Massacre
Chapter 4 - Nightmares
Chapter 5 - Injured
Chapter 6- Deal
Chapter 7 - Baby Steps
Chapter 8 - Training
Chapter 9 - Endor
Chapter 10 - Strawberry Kisses
Chapter 11 - Love
Chapter 12 - Great Feelings Of Discomfort
Chapter 14 - Home
Chapter 15 - I'll Try
Chapter 16 - One Hell Of A Pilot
Chapter 17 - Flyboy
Chapter 18 - Scars
Chapter 19 - Family
Chapter 20 - Ben
Chapter 21 - Blackbird
Chapter 22 - Lights Up
Chapter 23 - Fine
Chapter 24 - Later
Chapter 25 - Evacuation
Chapter 26 - The Guest

Chapter 13 - Bad Luck

1.9K 63 53
By S_is___bored

A/N: Here we go ;)

Chapter 13

3rd person POV

Poe stood behind a barrier of sand as he watches his trusty droid roll away to safety with the slither of hope they have of finding Luke Skywalker. Gun aimed straight ahead as the first order ship he can't help but gawk at for a moment, lands. The hatch opens as Lor San Tekka is held tightly towards the huge ship with bird like wings. He watches attentively as his other half's twisted older brother steps out of the ship, mask on and towering over everyone around them.

He finds himself holding onto the slightly crumpled picture of the two he had snuck into his pocket when they were on their second date. He had taken it out of the x-wing in the knick of time before it was caught by troopers. "Guess it's time to meet the rest of the family, Kibo," he mutters to himself as he sees the scene unfolding before him.

He can't quite hear the chatter between Kylo Ren and Lor San Tekka but he knows now that he obviously knew Ben Solo.

"You can try, but you cannot deny the truth that is your family," the older man remarks wisely in the hope that it might trigger some of the light they all know is deep within the notorious Kylo Ren. Poe could swear in that moment he saw Ren glimpse at where he was.

"You are so right," Ren responds, almost humanely. That is, however, completely erased when he pulls out his hilt and slashes the elderly man harshly, leading to his immediate death.

Poe, not thinking whatsoever, shoots his gun but the laser doesn't even reach two meters away when both the blue bullet and himself become paralysed at the hand of his girlfriend's brother.

As two troopers grab ahold of his arms, his legs become moveable but weak. He takes a look at the floating blue energy, wondering for a second if Y/N could do that - but he erases his mind when he realises how easily Kylo could take a peek inside his head. He wasn't going to have the woman he loves taken from him that easily or quickly.

He grunts slightly as he is thrown to the floor, keeping his eye level away from the towering man in front of him. That is until he crouches and forces them to remain eye contact.

"So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?" he jokes lightly. Everyone knows that Poe uses his blunt humour to try and ignore serious or tense situations.

"The old man gave it to you," Ren states blankly, feeling frustrated at his loss underneath the mask that covered his long, black hair and face.

"You see it's very hard to understand you with all the-" the pilot gestures to his face as the  apprentice stands again.

"Search him," he is pulled up by the two stormtroopers and patted down.

"Nothing, sir," the one on his left tells their leader.

"Bring him on board," Ren turns and starts his walk towards his ship.

Even now, Poe can't help but think "I bet this ship is fast as hell," .

As the poster boy is dragged towards the ship, Ren is paused by Phasma. "Sir, the villagers?" She hated not being in a position where he had to refer to her as 'Ma'am' or something stronger than he is. She feels inferior being so strong yet so inferior just for her gender.

"Kill them all," he responds calmly, but that's completely opposite to how he was truly feeling. On his command, the troopers aim at all of the town's villagers and begin shooting all of them - men, women and children - on Captain Phasma's command.

The noises of the blasters startle Poe and he regretfully looks at the cowering innocents who are all wondering what they did to deserve this fate.

However, among the troopers there is one. The one with the bloody handprint on his helmet who aims, but never shoots. He can't bring himself to it. Something inside of him was telling him that it wasn't right - even if he had been programmed to believe it was since birth.

Kylo Ren felt the uncertainty of the nameless stormtrooper. FN-2187. He stopped in his tracks, feeling a sensation of the light side coarse through his cold hard soul. He glimpses at the trooper, who is stood staring back at him. Underneath his mask, Kylo's nose flares and he continues the small trek to his ship, letting the blue laser release and continue it's path through gravity, firing into the tower where the entire lifeless village lay.

FN jumps at the explosion but stays put, almost as if he's frozen to the spot. That is until he is ushered back to the trooper's transport.

3 miles away now, the droid continues rolling through the sandy dunes. Turning at a huge explosion - undoubtedly from the x-wing they traveled in. he lets out a curious beep only to replace it with a saddened one. He hopes his master got out of there, for his sake, the resistance's, but also his girlfriend's - whom he had unbeknownst to her, promised himself to when he gave her that necklace before they left earlier that day.

****

Poe is escorted out of the transport, tugging at the trooper's grip on his arm. "Alright," he argues. "Alright!" He manages to break free but is quickly taken ahold of once again by a different trooper as he gets distracted by his surroundings.

Gawking at the sights of all the imperial soldiers and ships, he can't help but think "Imagine what Y/N would think of all this?"

Behind him as he's dragged off to Force knows where on this huge ship, FN-2187 wanders aimlessly, attempting to find a place for a moment of peace. He steps into the same transport he was brought in and pants as he takes off his mask. He realises for the first time in his miserable, forceful life that what the first order is doing? It's wrong. Very, very wrong.

"FN-2187, submit your blaster for inspection," he jumps at the sound of his trainer's voice in the small container.

"Yes, Captain," he can't bring himself to look at her. He despises her for the way he has been forced into everything that is bad about the galaxy.

"And who gave you permission to remove your helmet?" she sounds tired.

"I'm sorry, Captain," his breathing slows down.

"Report to my division at once," she leaves the container and the turning trooper.

****

Poe's eyes flicker open as he reawakens from hours of torture and gruelling interogation from troopers and generals alike. Surprisingly, he doesn't give up too easily - something his other half knows well. Of whom is currently flying to Jakku in the search for him.

He takes a moment to regain his breath in the cold climate of the ship, feeling the dried blood on his temple cracking as he scrunches his brows.

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the resistance on board," the monotone, robotic voice forces him to look in that direction. In front of him, Kylo Ren. "Comfortable?"

"Not really," he tells the caped man with an annoyed tone.

"I'm impressed," Ren stalks towards the pilot. "No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map,"

"Might want to rethink your technique," he tells the man sarcastically.

A gloved hand raises in front of his head and he feels a tug on his mind, something he has only felt once before that day in the forest.

However, this isn't gentle and kind. This is painful and full of bad intentions. His head is thrown against the metal chair he has been strapped to for who knows how long. The shooting pain gets larger and larger and he starts to lose his breath.

"Where is it?" Ren asks him impatiently.

"The resistance," he gasps. "Will not be intimidated by you,"

"Where," Kylo continues, growing tired of the pilot's little games. "Is it?"

His entire head hurts like a planet-shattering migraine. He doesn't even realise he is yelling in pain until after everything turns black.

The hooded giant exits the interrogation room, feeling content but shaken with his newest findings. He greets General Hux outside with a simple, "it's in a droid, a BB unit,"

"Well then," Hux fights a smirk. "If it's on Jakku we'll soon have it,"

"I leave that to you," Kylo begins to walk away but turns back to the insanely irritating ginger haired general. "And tell supreme leader Snoke I need to speak with him as soon as I can,"

"What is that in regards to?" Hux resists the urge to roll his eyes at his orders to fulfill all of Ren's orders.

"The original apprentice," he tells him, conflicting feelings of relief and of anger bubbling in his chest. "It seems as though she is not as dead as we previously believed,"

With that, he turns and walks away to slash up some room with the anger and betrayal he is feeling. But the news that Ben Solo's sister is still alive after 10 years of believing she was six feet under is challenging his dark beliefs and exchanging them with, for the first time in a long time, love and relief.

But now, he knows his job. Get that grown up girl, and bring her to Snoke. He already knows that the girl could be what brings the first order to its knees, she has enough strength to do that. Snoke will be delighted to hear that his original target is seemingly alive and well. But Kylo knows, deep down, that Ben Solo's sister will never move to the dark side of the force. Why else would Snoke move to Ren? He couldn't even get through the barrier of innocent light that surrounded her all those years ago.

How would he be able to do that now?

---------------------------

Next chapter will be much lengthier I'm sorry!! It takes quite a lot of time because I want to get all of the script and scenery perfect for all you lovely lot.

Also i'm sorry for hurting our baby Dameron but what are your theories on the newest revelation? obviously I know (cause i'm the author, duh) but i'd like to hear your thoughts on it. It won't be mentioned for a while after this but now it's in the back of your heads: maybe everything does happen for a reason ;)

Anyways, i'm VERY excited for the next chapter! I really love it.

Love, always and please stay safe!

S x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627K 8.1K 42
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
227K 5.5K 29
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
578K 29.6K 23
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
931K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...