𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄─𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦...

By paradiseearth

[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in... More

cast. + graphics
note from author.
00. prologue
01. earth bound
02. reunited
03. mount weather
04. river monster
05. surprise
06. finding jasper
07. dinner
08. let's take a hunting trip
09. fog
10. oh, hello
11. killer within
12. time limit
13. healing
14. raven
15. the search begins
16. flares
16. the chase
17. best friend
18. hold on
19. oh brother
20. antidotes
21. relief
22. the beyond
23. captive
24. the lucky one
25. faulty
26. the return
27. disease
28. quarantine
29. survival of the fittest
30. observer
31. target practice
32. burn baby burn
33. shortage
34. come home
35. try me
36. revenge
37. pleading
37. revelations
38. ka-boom
39. our home
40. choices
41. war
42. warriors
43. mountain men
44. new beginning
45. serendipity
46. suspicions
47. pretending
48. worries
49. secrets
50. escape plan
51. horror
52. freedom
53. the escape
54. alone
55. alive
56. denial
57. different
58. pain
59. the truth
60. reality
61. (don't) fear the reaper
62. healer
63. no apologies needed
64. revitalization
65. hold on
66. the beginning of the end
67. my brother's keeper
68. empty
69. a memory
70. broken
71. remembrance
72. now I lay me
73. final goodbye
74. innocence
75. surrender
76. another goodbye
77. changes
78. down
79. loud and clear
80. directions
81. breach
82. gameplan
83. now or never
84. safety
85. three simple words
86. coping
87. add it up
88. azgeda
89. fresh start
90. forgiven
92. ka-boom (take two)
93. frenemies
94. a ghost
95. tensions
96. crumbling
97. doubts
98. truth
99. divided
100. betrayal
101. last hope
102. surveillance
103. chaos
104. death row
105. hidden
106. remorse
107. hostility
108. chipped
109. family ties
110. EMP
111. together
112. return to arkadia
113. ghost town
114. payback
115. more goodbyes
116. the map
117. signal fire
118. safe passage
119. infestation
120. back to the beach
121. ice nation king
122. to polis
123. up the tower
124. at war in peace
125. between life and death
SEQUEL

91. back again

13.9K 291 136
By paradiseearth

The next morning came with its own set of struggles...we were going back to Mount Weather.

Abby had decide to prepare to open it up, coming to the realization that it could be very beneficial to our people. We knew it was risky, especially to our coalition but it was something that could greatly help our camp. And so, a group of us were headed out there today to deliver some supplies and fix the power that had been damaged in the explosion of the dam.

I was nervous to go back-again-but I knew I needed to face my demons.

"You don't have to come." Bellamy whispered as the two of us loaded the Rover. He was watching me intently, trying to gage my current emotional state.

I gave him a small smile, "I'll be fine," I promised, now studying his face, "Will you?"

I knew that what happened in Mount Weather took a toll on Bellamy, it would be impossible not to have had. However, he hated talking about it no matter how much I told him it was okay to let it all out. He kept all the guilt bottled up inside and I knew it was only a matter of time before he burst.

Instead of giving me an answer, he quickly pressed a kiss to my lips before pulling himself into the Rover, "Let's go," he called to the rest of our group.

I stared him down for a moment before another voice tore my attention away, "Aves, can you take this?"

I turned towards Raven who was handing a bag in my direction. I grabbed a hold of it, giving her a grin as I climbed into the back of the Rover. Bellamy turned to me from the front, "Where are the others?" he grumbled, always micromanaging.

"They're coming." I promised as Raven flopped down in the front seat letting out a sigh.

At that moment, Octavia and Gina rounded the corner, each of them carrying a bag. "Let's go!" I yelled, a playful tone in my voice, "Bellamy will have a conniption if we don't stay on schedule."

Raven let out a laugh as Bellamy scoffed from the front. I grinned as I pulled myself forward, pressing my lips to his cheek, "I love your micromanaging." I whispered, so low that only he could hear.

Bellamy turned his head slightly, giving me a small grin before averting his eyes towards his sister and Gina, "Is that everything?" he called as the two girls pulled themselves into the Rover.

Gina nodded as I took one of the bags from her, a small sigh escaping her lips, "I think so."

"Good," Bellamy mumbled, looking over to Raven, "Let's get going."

---

The ride to the Mountain was rather quiet. The girls and I held a few conversations, before each of us fell into our own thoughts, no one saying much. Bellamy remained silent for most of the trip, only speaking once to give us some instructions as to what we were expected to do once we got there.

The sun was high in the sky by the time the Rover stopped outside the east entrance to the Mountain. Much like yesterday, a small shiver ran through my body as I gathered some of the bags and jumped out of the vehicle. Octavia followed behind me, letting out a grunt and mumbling about how she should have taken her horse instead.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her as I reached in for more of the supplies. As I turned away from the Rover, my eyes caught on Bellamy who was standing, his back to me and his eyes focused outwards from the Mountain.

"Hey," I softly called, readjusting one of the bags in my hand. Bellamy turned to me, his mind clearly elsewhere, "The summit delegation will be fine." I assured, automatically pinpointing the source of my boyfriend's stress.

Abby, Kane, along with other members of Arkadia were headed to Polis to meet with Clarke, the Commander and other Grounder representatives in order to sort out the fine details of our coalition, and to formally acknowledge it. Kane had forced Bellamy to stay back, stating that it was due to his injured leg but we both knew there were underlying reasons behind his motives.

Bellamy sighed, "I should be there."

I nodded, my eyes looking out toward the forest, "But you're not, you're here with me. So why don't you take this-" I grunted, passing a bag to him, "-And stop beating yourself up over something you can't control."

As Bellamy took the bag from me, signalling succession, Raven addressed the entire group, "You guys," she called, closing the doors to the Rover, "Did I ever tell you about the time I saved Sinclair's ass on the Ark."

Octavia rolled her eyes as she began toward the entrance, "Please don't." she muttered.

A laugh escaped my lips as I followed after her, Bellamy at my side as the sound of Gina feeding into Raven's exaggerated story filled my ears. As much as I hated being back here, I was happy it was with these people.

Raven and Gina's conversation hummed in my ears as I walked with the two Blake siblings, the other two girls following behind us. Bellamy stayed close to me, sensing my unease in the place that was once my prison- even if I hadn't known it at the time.

I looked over to him, giving a small nod to let him know I was okay. I could handle this- there was no one here that could hurt me now.

Much to my surprise, as we neared the dining hall, new sounds filled my ears, ones that struck confusion in all of us. It was music, talking and laughing.

Octavia and I shared a look as we rounded the corner, being face with at least 30 people seated at the tables, the same ones hundreds of Mount Weather people had died at just months earlier.

At the sight of us, one of the men stood. I briefly recognized him, but couldn't decipher where I had seen him before, "Welcome!" he called, as if we were entering their home.

I resisted the urge to let my face contort in anger, instead I gritted my teeth.

"Looks like someone's made themselves at home." Raven muttered from behind me.

"There has to be at least 30 of them," Octavia added, her dark eyes scanning the room.

The man had approached us now, a grin on his face, "36, but the more the merrier," he corrected, a small laugh coming from his lips as he reached out to shake Bellamy's hand.

I narrowed my eyes as I spoke, "36, wow" I mused, hesitant of the true motives here.

Octavia mirrored my discomfort, "The Grounders are going to think we moved in." She was stating the obvious, but nonetheless received a glare from her older brother.

The man brushed off Octavia's comment with a small chuckle, "Well there was no room at the inn."

Octavia didn't budge, "And this was your only option?"

Bellamy turned his head, "O-" he warned, his eyes begging her to back down.

Octavia looked to me for a moment, her jaw clenched, "I'm out of here." she muttered, handing me the bags she was holding before stalking off. I watched her go as I struggled with the weight of the bags. The man mumbled something about Octavia to which Bellamy let out a small laugh.

I watched the man, tried to read his expression, but I couldn't crack him, not yet at least.

"Reyes!" Sinclair yelled, marching towards us. I watched as Raven outwardly winced, as he began barking orders at her.

Gina and I shared a look as I gave a small wink, alluding to the fact that Raven's earlier story about her saving Sinclair's ass may not have been as true as she wants us to think.

---

We hadn't been working long, maybe thirty minutes when we all got a call, signalling that we were being called off. I had been working with Raven to restore the power, and by working I mean doing whatever she told me, as I wasn't really sure what exactly she was even doing.

"Why the hell are they calling us off?" she questioned, as her, Gina and I met up with Sinclair, "I have trip circuits all over the grid"

Sinclair sped his pace, causing the remaining three of us to do the same, "Whatever it is, it supersedes the power problem."

I felt my heart falter at his words, knowing he was right. Whatever was going on- it was serious.

So, you can imagine my worries when we entered the dining hall, only to see a member of Ice Nation seated at one of the tables, Bellamy and Pike standing in front of her.

I split from the rest of the group, instantly making my way towards Bellamy, my eyes wild in worry and anger.

Bellamy turned slightly at my arrival, giving me an assuring look as the man from before-Pike- spoke to the girl, "You're one of them. So why are you telling us this?" I wasn't sure what he was referring to, but nonetheless I watched the girl intently.

She caught my eye for a moment, and I felt myself shrink under her glance, this girl scared me, and had to make sure it wasn't too obvious. Despite my efforts, Bellamy could sense my nerves, and therefore reached out to place a supportive hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

The girls cold eyes had now shifted to Pike, "We abandoned Skaikru in the battle for the Mountain. It was wrong." As the last sentence left her mouth, her eyes shifted to Bellamy who nodded slightly.

He knew this girl.

My own eyes flew up to watch my boyfriend, trying to gage the situation. I really had no idea what was going on. Pike and the girl exchanged a few more words, each full of intensity. Octavia had joined us now, and she was watching the girl with as much scepticism as I was.

"Pike," Bellamy spoke, his voice deep, "She saved my life...we can trust her."

Then it dawned on me, she must have been a prisoner of Mount Weather, one that Bellamy had encountered during his undercover operation inside these walls. Despite my hesitation towards this girl, if Bellamy trusted her, then I should too- or at least try to.

"Okay," Bellamy called, gathering the attention of the rest of the group, "If we want to get to Polis before the attack, we need to hurry."

Sinclair, who had just joined us, balked at Bellamy's words, "Attack? Do we have confirmation of that?"

Bellamy shook his head slightly, "We radioed, but no answer."

Pike jumped in, "They may already be dead for all we know," he argued, "And if they are, we need to be ready to respond."

The rest of us shared nervous looks as Sinclair stepped forward, "Don't make this about the missiles."

Pike instantly made it about the missiles, arguing that we needed to even the playing field, and the only way to do that was through bombs. I felt myself shiver at the mention of missiles. It was bombings, albeit nuclear, that had destroyed this Earth once, I didn't like the idea of using similar tactics again.

"Even if I did agree with you," Sinclair started, "We still don't have the launch codes."

From behind him, I could see a sly smile cover Raven's face, "No," she said, taking a step towards us, "But we have me."

As Raven and Sinclair broke off into their own conversation, it seemed that the plan had been set. A group would rush to Polis to try and stop whatever kind of attack was apparently happening, while the rest would stay here and prepare for a counterattack.

As Pike pulled the Azgeda girl up and out of the room, Bellamy turned me towards him, "You should stay here," he advised, reaching up to push a stray piece of hair out of my face, "Help Raven. I think you're the only one that can handle her when she's in work mode."

A small laugh escaped my lips as I nodded, "Good point." I fell silent for a moment, my eyes studying Bellamy's face, taking in every small detail, "Be careful." I finally whispered, fear eating me up inside. Anytime Bellamy marched into danger without me, I couldn't help but worry every second he was gone.

He nodded as he dipped his head to press a kiss to my lips, "I love you," he mumbled, "See you soon."

As I watched him walk away, I desperately hoped that I would get to see him soon.

-an-

hey guys! just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with everything going on and the pandemic currently happening. my university moved all of our classes online, so i have moved home for the year... pretty crazy

i hope all of you are safe and doing well! I will try to get some more updates up so you have something to do if you are stuck inside haha. but i still have lots of schoolwork to do so no guarantees lol

anyway, stay safe everyone

love you all

maddy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126 0 15
Azara Collins, Finn Collin's little sister, is sent down to Earth with her brother and ninety-eight other delinquents. She's very stubborn and always...
245K 5.7K 144
[Book One] Twin siblings. Two kids. Brother and sister. Joanna, or Jo for short, Murphy is the twin sister of none other than John Murphy. She was a...
6.9K 215 28
Katherine Kane has always considered herself to be fierce and loyal -a fighter and protector of her people. That is until she was sent down to Earth...
6K 269 38
"and in the end she realized no matter how much history they shared, there was never going to be a future." A nuclear apocalypse sends what's left of...