Fulfilling Fate - Book 3

由 vayathorn

Morelli Mafia Series - BOOK 3 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. After... 更多

CAST
Covers Please Vote
Chapter 1 - Within A Moment
Chapter 2 - It's Only The Start
Chapter 3 - Forgive Me, Father, For I'm About To Sin
Chapter 4 - My Rearing Stallion
Chapter 5 - Ally or Enemy
Chapter 6 - Seek And You Shall Find
Chapter 7 - The Heat Between Us
Chapter 8 - Promises
Chapter 9 - The Notes, Secrets!
Chapter 10 - Time To Go
Chapter 11 - Open Fire
Chapter 12 - Truths Revealed
Chapter 13 - The Proposal
Chapter 14 - Can't Stay Away
Chapter 15 - Counting Down
Chapter 16 - Asimina Alexiou
Chapter 17 - A Sight For Sore Eyes
Chapter 18 - Emotions Run High
Chapter 19 - So, It Begins
Chapter 20 - Painfully And Cruelly
Chapter 21 - Spanish Donkey
Chapter 22 - Moments Like This!
Chapter 23 - The End Of A Blood Line
Chapter 24 - Old Habits
Chapter 25 - Milos
Chapter 26 - At The Church Step He Waits
Chapter 27 - Dance For Me
Chapter 28 - These Rare Moments
NMatthee & Rrosemayaa
Chapter 30 - Complications
Chapter 31 - Yield & Follow Orders
Chapter 32 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 33 - Promises
Chapter 34 - My Sweetheart
Chapter 35 - My Beast, My Demon
Chapter 36 - Brotherly Bonding
Chapter 37 - The Walls Around Me Crumble
Chapter 38 - Lying Here With You
Chapter 39 - Fear The Woman Standing Behind The Man
Chapter 40 - To His Feet He Stands
Chapter 41 - Dance With The Devil
Epilogue - Here, With You
Authors Note
Amazon Merch - Morelli Mafia Series

Chapter 29 - Another Chance

30.6K 1.1K 372
由 vayathorn

Raffaele

This morning I woke up with a feeling of satisfaction. The open sea surrounds us. Other than a limited amount of crew members, there is no one else around. Lying on a lounge chair, I soak up the sun. I needed to get away from everyone and spend the evening with Asimina. I may always have my Capos lingering during business, but that is where it ended. Since she came into my life, I have had more social gatherings with the group than I have ever had through the years they've worked for me. I'm not complaining. It has made the group closer and built unbreakable friendships. It's rare for the mafia to have so many trusted men.

I started to crave the distance, but a balance between the group is needed. We have had many late nights over the last few weeks, and adding to her exhaustion, last night, she spent the first couple of hours throwing up. The sway of the yacht had her becoming seasick quickly. When she finally settled, we were served dinner on the upper deck while the sun was setting. The romantic atmosphere wasn't planned. I'm not wired that way. For our engagement, it was Bianca and her sisters that planned it all. I ordered the roses, apparently too many.

"Mr. Morell," The captain greets. Standing stiff like a soldier as most men do under my payroll. Titling my head towards him, I nod sternly, motioning him to go on. "We are an hour out from the ports of Fiumicino," He advises.

Checking the time, it's still nine in the morning. We arrived earlier than I anticipated. "Drop anchor here for the next few hours. I'm not ready to see land."

Letting out a breath, I lean my head back on the lounge and order, "Chiedi all'equipaggio di organizzare la colazione - Ask the crew to organize breakfast."

"Si," He nods. Turning on his feet, he processed to command the others.

With Asimina still fast asleep, I pick up my phone, calling Mariano. I might as well have them update me on business. There are still many loose ends that need to be dealt with. Despite my wedding nuptials, business and traitors don't cease. I took an oath never to fail my family again.

"Raf," Mariano rasps, a little throaty.

"Is Matteo with you?" I question getting straight to the point.

"Yeah, you're on speaker. He can hear you."

"I'm all ears. Fill me in! What is the status of the Saint Mary's priest in Italy?"

I placed aside the hunt on the remaining three Saint Mary's priests when I was faced with one very alive Asimina. My priorities shifted, and I needed to deal with Roberto and Angela first to bring her home. Father Frances was the head of the institution, and his crucifixion shocked the remaining three corrupt priests.

I crave my victim's trepidation; the statement kills are meant to create panic. Those who have taken part need to quiver at the mention of my name. I want them looking over their shoulders, knowing their deaths are coming. Father Michael fled to Italy in hopes of escaping. However, you cannot outrun the devil who craves you dead.

"His movements have been locked in Tivoli. I am tracking him, and I will advise you if it changes," Matteo informs.

"Get ready, boys, after the wedding, I want to end Father Michael. We will be hunting," gritting my teeth, my anger escalates; my voice is exasperated.

Now that I am aware the Saint Mary's priest accepted a contract from the Di Vitto's against the Morelli's, my need to slaughter the remaining enhances rapidly. I'm barely controlling my rage. The mention of them evokes my memory, and images of Asimina shot come to mind.

Letting out an infuriated breath, I demand, "keep tracking the two back in the States. Upon our return, I want to finish this."

"I have a lock on those two. Our Mayor and Governor are working and have halted their movements. They can't leave California," he assures me.

Maybe our Mayor isn't as useless as I pegged him to be. Although I didn't give him much of an option, he was to stand up and fulfilled my every demand to my satisfaction, or he would meet the same fact as his puttana a few years back. The more likely scenario is the Governor took charge.

"Good," I sigh.

"We got this, Raf. Focus on your upcoming wedding," Mariano muses. These two boys and I have been friends since our college days, their loyalty was never questioned, and they both had trained relentlessly, establishing unique skills.

"Tommy?" My mind drifts to my younger brother. I left him in a furious state yesterday. Katerina unknowingly tugged on some nerves. He won't admit to jealousy, but his responses and action showed nothing less. The idiot can't fool me.

"Yeah," Mariano avoids answering, and Matteo goes quiet.

"Yeah, what?"

"He went out with Alex and Leon. He returned with some fucked up knuckles. Petro took care of him," Mariano again is vague, but I know where this is heading. I'm fuming!

"Did my brother go after Katerina's admire?" Both men can hear the edge of anger in my voice.

"Yeah," Marino confirms.

"Stop with the vague response. You're both pissing me off. Did he kill him?" I coarsely snap.

"No, he didn't kill him, but Tommy fucked him up. Surgery was required, and we can safely assume he will not be traveling to Italy to meet Katerina."

"Fuck!" My throat vibrates. "Does Katerina know?"

It's not unusual for the boys to beat someone up, nor do they need permission from me to do so. However, it's usually a traitor or a member of another group overstepping, provoking the boys. Not only did my brother kill her ex-boyfriend, her tormentor. He's now going after every man that shows interest.

I felt the same with Paul. It took everything in me to not kill the fucker, but the situation was different. Asimina and I had a past relationship. We have a child. My brother refuses to take things further, and yet he can't stand the thought of her with another man.

"Nah," Matteo responds.

"Tell him to pull his fucking head in now! I'll be having words with him soon!"

"I'll pass on the message," Matteo again responds without delay.

I veer my eyes and catch Asimina stumbling up the stairs; her face is a little pale, her hand rests on her stomach. "Ci vediamo pui tradi - I will see you both later."

Hanging up the phone, I stand and extend my hand. "I feel like shit," she murmurs and takes hold, "Raffaele, I need to get off this yacht."

Taking a seat back down on the lounge, I haul her down with me, gesturing her to sit between my legs. "It's getting to you that much?" I ask, flummoxed. I get an uneasy stomach from time to time, but not like this.

Running her fingers through her hair, she gently bites down on her bottom lip. Letting out a huff, her cheeks redden, "I'm pregnant, Raffaele."

My breathing ceases, and my heart beats erratically. I find myself overwhelmed, gripping her face, my fingers rest under her ear as my thumb caresses her cheek. She is going to make me a father again. She is giving me another chance to do it right this time. Dislodging the lump in my throat, I pull her closer, kissing those lips that seem to have momentarily lost their color. Once again, our kiss is more intimate and emotional than ever before. Excitement, along with anxiety, consumes me. I'm reminded of the first pregnancy, and everything I felt back then returns. I wanted this; I wanted us to expand our family. Placing my hand on her stomach, I clear my throat as a smile surfaces, "Are you sure?"

She nods, "Three tests, all positive. At first, I thought it was my frenzy nerves bringing on nausea, but I remembered after I was shot and surgery, I stopped the pill, and I can't remember when my last period was." Blowing a breath, she continues, "I bought the tests when we were roaming the island yesterday with the ladies. Just in case."

I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. Her sad expression concerns me. "You don't want this?"

Snapping her eyes up, she smiles meekly, "I do!" Fanning away the tears, she gives me an insight into her thoughts "The memories of my first pregnancy. The sound of Luciano's heartbeat is racing through my head. With that pregnancy, we were together, just like we are now. It was something we didn't share with Nathan. I'm an emotional wreck."

"It's my fault. I know I fuck up." I sigh heavily, "I hate that I wasn't there for Nathan. I won't make that mistake again."

I wrap my arms around her. It's the first time she called our unborn son Luciano. She usually would say our first. That name is attached to him, and she can never use it for another one of our children. If I'm honest, I don't want to either. Although we never meet him or held him, he is a massive part of Asimina and me. It may be a painful memory, but I never want to forget what I felt when we first found out about him, what I felt at the sound of his heartbeat.

"When are we getting off this stupid yacht?" She changes the subject and dries the tears that have fallen for our lost son.

"Soon, Sweetheart. They are about to serve us breakfast," Picking up my phone, I quickly dial Petro. I'm hoping to be a step ahead and gain some gold stars. It will also give her a distraction.

The man answers within a few rings, "Raf,"

"Hey, listen up!" I start by saying squeezing my hold on Asimina. I place the phone on speaker and continue, "We have just confirmed, Asimina is pregnant." tilting her head, she glances at me.

"Hold up," shuffling is heard in the background. "I take it you want to announce this, the traditional way." Petro muses.

"It must be traditional," I lean down, placing a kiss on her head. It's more of a mafia tradition than an Italian one. It's a way to show respect to the Capo Dei Capi and his wife for their growing family. Asimina deserves nothing less.

"I'll hold off on congratulating till then," He laughs. Clearly, he is happy for us both.

"I need you to organize some pills for her nausea and anything else she might need," I instruct.

"Done! I'll have them by the time you both arrive."

It's irrelevant the request is for Asimina; although they are close, Petro has always displayed this commitment level. I have never needed to repeat myself. Every order is carried out promptly and with confidentiality.

"Thanks, Petro," Asimina pulls my hand closer as she speaks. "I feel like shit."

"I wouldn't know!" He muses and discreetly says, "I'm happy for you."

I remain quiet, listening to the two. I'm beyond happy they've mended things. He hated himself after that morning in the Malibu kitchen, and during the entire time Asimina was separated from us, he wasn't himself.

"Can you get me some tiramisu and those Italian chocolate coated wafer biscuits?"

He burst into laughter. Another memory evokes my mind when we would travel back to the States from Italy. Petro would bring back with him a good fifty packets: specifically, the Lago Plaisir chocolate coated wafers. I never asked him why; I presumed he just liked them. This makes more sense.

"Some things never change," he laughs. "At least I won't need to carter back to the State's endless fucking packets. It's Raff's problem now. He will need to set up an import stream while we are in America." His giddy voice is full of amusement.

"Hey Petro," bringing the phone closer to my lips, I order, "Set up and import stream for Asimina's favorite Italian products."

She bursts into laughter as Petro curses on the other end of the line, snorting she can't help herself, "Did you get all that Petro?"

"I hate you sometimes," He mumbles back like a child.

With our breakfast served, I end their conversation even though it amuses me to listen to the two, giving each other shit.

"Get things ready. We will see you all soon," with a quick goodbye, I hang up and order the crew member, "Have the captain raise the anchor and head to Fiumicino."

Asimina

I was relieved when my feet finally touch the ground. After the yacht dropped anchor at Fiumicino's ports, Nick had arranged for a helicopter to fly us into Rome and to the Morelli complex. A quick glimpse from the air is all I had from the Colosseum. It was marvelous, and I anticipate the moment I will have a closer look.

Lying on the bed at the penthouse, I'm waiting for my cousin to deliver me those pills. I need the vomiting to settle before meeting up with everyone. Running my hand down to my belly, I can't help the warm sensation consumes me. Sealing my eyes shut, I try to stop my mind from racing ahead. It already wants to picture a face.

After my loss, I spent my pregnancy with Nathan, avoiding those thoughts I battled with myself, petrified I would jinx it and lose another. Stupid! I keep telling myself to stop being stupid. I'm going to be a mother again. It's surreal. I have barely found my feet and lived up to the mother's role with Nathan, yet here I am expecting another. I picture a girl. Maybe it's because we already have a boy, or perhaps it's because the image of a little girl in a tutu hanging off Raffaele is sweet and adorable! Smiling, I open my eyes at the sound of a door.

"You're pale," Petro states the obvious.

"Not shit! Sailing from Greece to Italy didn't do me any favors."

Pushing myself up, I lean my back against the headboard of the bed. Petro drags a chair next to me and begins to go through the pills, "Nausea," He holds the first packet before placing it on my bedside table.

"Pregnancy multivitamins and iron. But before you take the iron pills..." He pauses and slides on his medical gloves. Opening a bag, he pulls out the syringe.

"Must you?" I mumble.

"You were iron deficient with your first pregnancy Mina."

Rolling my eyes, I turn and look the other way as I extend my arm. Tightening the tourniquet, Petro orders, "ball your hand into a fist and release and few times,"

Letting out a huff, I do as I'm told; the wet cotton bud runs over the area, and I take a quick breath. The sting of the needle is only felt for a few seconds. That isn't what bothers me; I become queasy at the needle's sight under my skin.

"Done," He muses and places a cotton bud over it. "Hold it for a minute or two, and you will be right,"

"Thanks! Where are my tiramisu and wafers?"

"I presume Raf's put the tiramisu in the fridge as for your wafers," He teases. Raffaele walks through the door, leaning against the wall. He folds his arms across his chest. Baffled, he glances between Petro and me.

"I hid the wafers somewhere in this penthouse. Let's see if you can find them," Petro continues to irk me.

My cousin is back to playing his cruel games with me. I always win, and it will be no different this time. "You're going to hide something I'm craving while I'm pregnant?"

His features lose their amusement quickly, and that mouth of his hangs open. I refrain from laughing. Raffaele pulls his lips in a tight line and shakes his head.

Letting out a defeated breath, he mumbles, "I'll go get them and leave them on the bench."

"Thank you," I give him a victory smile, "now go, I want to take one of these nausea pills and sleep for an hour."

* * * * *

After much-needed sleep, I jumped in for a quick shower. Hot water always seems to calm me. Nausea has settled, and color has finally returned to my face. I wrap my hair into the towel and pat my body dry. I only now notice how much my breasts have grown and how sensitive they are. Putting on an excessive amount of weight worries me. I have always been active, and throughout this pregnancy, I will need to be as disciplined as I was with Nat.

I plan on hitting the gym after birth, and I have always loved to run. Hopefully, I can tone up quickly and feel comfortable in my skin. I want to have the energy to run after two children and not tire quickly. Not to mention be agile enough to outrun threats. I need to be ready for anything.

Throwing on a pair of jeans, I hunt for a t-shirt. Honestly, I want to feel comfortable and couldn't care less about presentation. Ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and flat shoes. It's that kind of mood today.

Tying my wet hair up in a bun, I'm drooling for some of that tiramisu. Twisting the knob, I halt, keeping the door ajar at the sound of Tommy's voice.

"I'm here, Raf. What do you want?" His tone is full of annoyance. Raffaele's back is turned towards me. Those shoulder blades tense and stiffen. He's fuming,

"Shut the fuck up, Tommy," Raffaele's voice roars. Taking steps towards his brother, he seethes, "You want to explain to me why you went after Katerina's admire?"

Gasping, I quickly place my hand over my mouth. God, what has he done? Focusing back to their conversation, Tommy, unfazed, says, "I was out, he approached me. He overstepped, so I gave him a few."

"Is that so?" Raffaele sculls his drink and spits, "Who the fuck do you think you are lying to?"

Placing his glass down on the coffee table, his movements are too quick for Tommy as he spins and delivers a thundering punch to his brother's jaw. "I warned you, Tommy, take me seriously. My threats weren't empty."

Spitting blood, Tommy wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, standing ridged in front of Raffaele. "No more fucking lies. Answer me now!" Raffaele tugs him forward by the shirt, "Do you want Katerina, brother?"

Tommy's eyes falter, licking the blood from his lip. "I..." He hesitates and lets out a heavy breath shaking his head. He mumbles, "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Raffaele sneers, jaw twitching.

Snapping his eyes up, he meets Raffaele's dangerous ones, "No. I don't know." Seizing Raffaele's wrists, Tommy frees himself, "I don't want a fucking relationship," his breathing enhances, running his hands through his hair.

"You can't have her any other way," Raffaele emphasized, lowering his head, meeting Tommy's eyes as he goes on, "And you can't stop her from being with someone else." Tommy swallows, gritting his teeth. He refuses to agree or accept the facts Raffaele presenting to him. Straightening his shirt, Raffaele turns to Tommy one last time. "Since you're too fucking stupid to commit and make her yours. Then watch her brother, be with another man, and do not intervene."

Tommy's eyes widen. He knows his brother's words are law, and the boundaries are not negotiable. Placing his hands on his waist, his mouth opens to dispute Raffaele's rules but stops himself and seals his lips shut.

Nodding, The Gun rubs his jaw and finally finds the words, "Our mother ordered me to look out for her," He throws another excuse that irks Raffaele.

"When she was grieving. She never asked you to intervene in her personal life." He states. Letting out a breath, Raffaele says, "It's simple, Tommy, make her yours!"

"Would you have said it's simple, Raffaele, three years back?" Getting heated, Tommy points to his brother, "When you meet Mina?"

"I figured out my feelings and entered into a relationship with her. Just like Asimina, Katerina is a Capos sister."

"What makes you think she wants a relationship, brother?"

Raffaele hikes a brow at Tommy, "The only way you're going to find out Tommaso is by asking the girl." Standing inches from his brother Raffaele's question one last time, "What's it going to be, Tommy? Are you going to accept that you're hooked and be with her, or are you going to walk away and stay away?"

Yay or Nah?

Thoughts on the remaining three Saint Mary's priest? between the wedding festivities with Raffaele kill Father Michael?

Thoughts on Raffaele and Asimina? Thoughts on the pregnancy?

Thoughts on Petro?

Thoughts on TOMMY? Hit me with it! He went looking for Elias and it ended in a beating! Will Elias stay away from Katerina now?

Thoughts on Raffaele's words to the gun? What will Tommy do?

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

79.4K 1.6K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
314K 2.6K 6
Warning ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️this is not a happy ending book, the male lead in this book is evil to the end. Explicit mature themes, kidnapping, manipulation, bo...
453K 10.1K 40
17+ (Explicit themes) He grabs the gun suddenly "You want to die don't you, Bambi?" He asked and I slowly nodded my head while feeling his fingers...
263K 4.3K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancé, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...