Fulfilling Fate - Book 3

By vayathorn

Morelli Mafia Series - BOOK 3 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. After... More

CAST
Covers Please Vote
Chapter 1 - Within A Moment
Chapter 2 - It's Only The Start
Chapter 3 - Forgive Me, Father, For I'm About To Sin
Chapter 4 - My Rearing Stallion
Chapter 5 - Ally or Enemy
Chapter 6 - Seek And You Shall Find
Chapter 7 - The Heat Between Us
Chapter 8 - Promises
Chapter 9 - The Notes, Secrets!
Chapter 10 - Time To Go
Chapter 11 - Open Fire
Chapter 12 - Truths Revealed
Chapter 13 - The Proposal
Chapter 14 - Can't Stay Away
Chapter 15 - Counting Down
Chapter 16 - Asimina Alexiou
Chapter 17 - A Sight For Sore Eyes
Chapter 18 - Emotions Run High
Chapter 19 - So, It Begins
Chapter 20 - Painfully And Cruelly
Chapter 21 - Spanish Donkey
Chapter 22 - Moments Like This!
Chapter 23 - The End Of A Blood Line
Chapter 24 - Old Habits
Chapter 25 - Milos
Chapter 26 - At The Church Step He Waits
Chapter 27 - Dance For Me
NMatthee & Rrosemayaa
Chapter 29 - Another Chance
Chapter 30 - Complications
Chapter 31 - Yield & Follow Orders
Chapter 32 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 33 - Promises
Chapter 34 - My Sweetheart
Chapter 35 - My Beast, My Demon
Chapter 36 - Brotherly Bonding
Chapter 37 - The Walls Around Me Crumble
Chapter 38 - Lying Here With You
Chapter 39 - Fear The Woman Standing Behind The Man
Chapter 40 - To His Feet He Stands
Chapter 41 - Dance With The Devil
Epilogue - Here, With You
Authors Note
Amazon Merch - Morelli Mafia Series

Chapter 28 - These Rare Moments

30.3K 1K 471
By vayathorn

Asimina

Last night was everything a bride could hope and imagine. The atmosphere was romantic and intimate. The food was amazing, never-ending, and the alcohol came in generous supply. I dance until my feet hurt and my shoes needed to come off. Surrounded by the people I love the most, I had my heart skipping several beats throughout the night. There was a time I stopped dreaming of a life with Raffaele. Hell, I never thought I would be close to my family again. I only dared and hoped my son, one day, would meet his father.

Those forgotten and shattered dreams became a reality. Each moment was perfection! There is nothing I would change or think could've been better. We finished the night at four in the morning. The Beast of a man was still very much full of energy; his intoxicated state hadn't slowed him down in the slightest. He insisted we consummated our marriage, and punishment was required for swaying my hips a little seductively. Those rough hands left a little stinging sensation, but I love those games. I shall always be disobedient. I giggle to myself, throwing a dress over my bikini, sliding on my sandals, picking up a towel. I head out to meet the others. It has taken me over an hour to get the rice out of my hair. Stepping outside, I notice Kat lying on the sand alone, soaking up the sun.

The men sit outside the hotel, on the lounge chairs, drinking coffee with a phone attached to their ear. I guess business can't wait. Tommy and Alex, on the other, are talking to a couple of local girls. Shaking my head at the stupid man, I turn my focus to Mia and Lia. My sister snaps away with her camera, taking pictures of Evie and Nathan as they build a sandcastle.

I miss my son, but I don't interrupt their moment. Instead, I head towards Kat.

"Hey, you," I grab her attention.

Lifting her hat off her face, she opens one eye to look at me. "Morning, Mrs. Morelli," she smiles sweetly.

I bite down on my lip at the sound of my new title. Straightening my towel, I lay on top of it belly down. Kat turns on her stomach as well and places the hat on her head. "How are you this morning?" She asks and wiggles her eyebrows, referring to the bridal night.

"Good. It was amazing!" I smile. My happiness radiates. I couldn't hide even if I wanted to. Clearing my throat, I question, "You?"

She tries to hide her saddens with her playful personality, but she has never been able to fool me. "Recovering," She yawns and takes a sip from her now hot frappe.

The waiter walks over to us and hands us a couple of fresh coffees while we lay on the sandy beach. My eyes travel over to Raffaele, sitting on a lounge chair in shorts and shirtless. That chest and those hard abs are on full display. His right hand sits behind his head. That tattoo on his left peck is on show. He wears it proudly.

Shooting me a smile, I raise my coffee, thanking him.

"How sweet, he orders his wife's coffee. I wonder how long that will last?" She sarcastically snorts. She has lost all faith in men.

"He ordered one for you as well," I make a point to her.

Sliding her shades on, she glances towards Tommy before lying down and resting her head on her arms.

"The sun is amazing; the sound of the ocean is so relaxing. I could live here," She mumbles.

"It's beautiful," I agree.

Taking a sip of my iced coffee, I spark conversation, "So, what happened with that guy last night. Elias, was it?"

During the wedding event, the owner of the tavern was intrigued by her. He played the bouzouki while she danced, and he spent most of the night hovering over her. It was kind of sweet, and positive attention was needed.

"Nothing! He offered to take me around the island, but he hasn't shown up." She mumbles without too much concern. Discreetly she glances Tommy's way. She's in denial or doesn't understand what she feels.

Turning, I lay on my back and indulge in the sun. I want to try and spend time with Kat. She is the only single one here. It must suck being amongst so many couples, and I hate the idea of her feeling alone and isolated.

"How does it feel being married?" Kat questions curiously.

My fingers instantly start to play with my rings, "It hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe it will, after the Italian wedding," with those words leaving my lips, nausea surfaces. "Oh God,"

"What's wrong," She tilts her head to face me.

"I barely got through the Greek wedding, and that was just family and friends. How am I going to get through the Italian one?" I rub my face with frustration. Why am I getting so anxious? He is already my husband!

Lowering her shades, she rolls her eyes, "You'll be fine."

Her words are not comforting and do nothing to ease me. The Italian wedding has a guest list of a thousand people. Morelli's close business partners, government officials from across the States and Europe will be attending amongst other mafia groups. How am I going to get through that night?

Blowing a breath, my features scrunch together at the sun's loss as a shadow covers me.

"What the hell?" Kat blurts and turns around.

"Kalispera - good afternoon." Elias greets with a smile.

He's an attractive man, dark features, sharp jawline. His hair is long enough to be tied up. Although he seems nice, I don't pick him for Kat's type. I feel that heart of hers skips beats for someone else. However, that someone else is currently luring a local girl.

I swear I want to storm over to him and hit him over the head.

My lips pull into a tight line as Kat, stunned, waves meekly. Humming, she's confused. I guess he hasn't stood her up after all.

"Den argises ligo? - Aren't you a little late?" Her unimpressed and edgy voice has him nodding with disappointment.

"Den eicha to tilefono soy - I didn't have your phone number." Squatting, he looks at her, apologetically, "Signomi - sorry."

I nudge her arm and help things along, "Einai eleytheri, apla min argiseis xana - She's free, just don't ever be late again," I inform.

I need Kat to get out and meet people. I'm not sure that I trust Tommy with her. The man is vocal about wanting a different meal each time and doesn't want to be tied down. Maybe a little jealousy will give him the push that is needed. Kat lets out a defeated breath, glancing once more towards Tommy, her features drop with disappointment. Elias helps her to her feet, and she throws on her shorts, sliding on her sandals.

"Entaxei, pame - okay, let's go," she smiles sweetly. Interlocking arms with him, he leads the way. Before she takes a seat on his motorcycle, he helps her with the helmet. Tommy noticing the two and lifts his head evidently. There is no mistake; he's looking in their direction. From this angle, I can see his jaw twitch and those hands of his ball into fists. Noticing my stare, he relaxes quickly and returns to the conversation in front of him.

Shaking my head at his stupidity, I divert my eyes to Nathan as he runs in my direction, all wet and sandy. Opening my arms, the silly boy jumps into them. His thighs are coated with sand. Placing a kiss on his head, he giggles.

"I've missed you, baby,"

"Pata," He yells.

Bursting into laughter, I squeeze him into my hold. He's starting to talk more and more, and I love hearing his voice. Those incomplete words warm my heart and shatter it. That sweet newborn with the meek cry is now yelling and talking. He's walking and running. I want him to stay little, but I also want to see him grow. It's a strange feeling!

"Does Nathan want pasta?" I tickle his tummy.

He nods with excitement, pleased I have understood him. "Oh, Nate," placing a gentle kiss, I talk to my son, "I love you so much." He stops his giggle, and those green eyes of his look at me intently, "You're loved by everyone, and we," I smile, pointing between him and me, "are no longer alone. We found home, baby."

Kneeling behind me, Raffaele runs his fingers down my arms, "What are you two up talking about?" He questions, ruffling Nathans's hair.

"Well, he's finished covering me with sand, and your son here wants pata," I dive for his little neck; the gentle kisses have him in hysterics.

"I could do with some pasta," Raffaele extends his hands, Nate happily goes. Holding his son with one arm, he pulls me up with his free hand. The boys have already taken seats at the restaurant across the road, ready for lunch. To my surprise, Tommy is seated, and the local girl is nowhere to be seen. He was either quick, like a rabbit, or changed his mind. She seemed willing!

Walking towards the group, Nathan is all conversation, "Dada," a smile surfaces on Raffaele's lips, he cups his father's face, as Nate demands, "Pata."

"Siamo esigenti - demanding are we." Raffaele's chest rumbles with laughter.

"He's your son!" I remind him.

"His mother is not demanding?′ Raffaele hikes a brow, pulling out a chair for me.

"Not as much as you," I respond quickly.

Shrugging his shoulders, he doesn't respond and takes a seat next to me. "The newlyweds are already bickering," Laz teases.

Cara elbows him playfully but hard enough to be felt. She smiles and rolls her eyes at him. "It was a beautiful wedding," she says.

"It was everything I wanted," giggling, I put Laz on the spot, "Cara, your name rubbed off from under my shoes. In fact, they all did." I wiggle my brows.

Laz's face reddens; he clears his throat a few times before taking a drink of water. Nick, on the other hand, is unfazed. He and Julia were once married, and he hopes they will be someday soon. Julia pulls her lips into a tight line and diverts her eyes. She struggles to hold back her laughter as she focuses on Laz's uncomfortable state.

"Kat and Tessa too?" Lia question.

"Yeah, many more weddings to come," I continue to tease.

"Maybe Elias is the one! Kat will call Milos her new home." Lia continues to giggle.

"See that right there." Tommy points to Lia, "Is the issue with women. From the first moment, you think marriage, kids. Before the first date has concluded." He mocks. Shaking his head, he picks up a piece of pita bread and shoves it in his mouth.

"At least we don't think how quickly we run out the door after fucking someone, you pig!" Lia snaps, throwing a piece of fruit at him.

"Not all women are marriage material," Tommy argues and throws it back at her.

"So, are you saying you could see a woman as marriage material?" Jaz joins in.

"I don't involve myself with women who are marriage material. So, the answer to your question is No!" he emphasizes. Laz and Nick both snap their heads towards Tommy. Their blood pressure quickly rises, and both men's faces redden. Laz's nostrils flare while Nick's stare burns through Tommy. The Gun swallows back before clearing his throat.

"I didn't mean that about Kat," he states, gulping his drink.

The rest of us remain quiet as the waiter serves us lunch. Nathan squeals at his bowl of pasta and briefly distracts everyone.

Bianca has other ideas as she probes her youngest brother putting him in the hot seat, "Are you saying Kat is marriage material?"

Tommy sighs, clenching his jaw at his sister, "What are you doing?"

"Asking my baby brother a question," leaning back in her seat, she folds her arms in annoyance. "I'm a woman, and to be honest, some of the shit that comes out of your Tommaso makes me want to break your jaw."

With her frustration escalating, she's unable to sit still. Leaning forward, elbows resting on the table, she continues to snap at her brother, "Katerina is smart, beautiful, and full of sass." She points to Tommy, emphasizing, "You, brother, would be so lucky to have her in your life."

Tommy's brow hikes in surprise with his sister. Lowering his head, he mumbles, "I agree she's all those things. Someone..." he pauses and seals his mouth, letting out a deep breath through his nose he continues, "Someone else will too someday." Picking up his drink, he sculls it and requests a refill.

"Your right someone else will, and Elias seems to like her. Maybe she should move to Milos and give this a go." Lia adds, grinning.

"Milos is beautiful!" Cara smiles, tilting her head towards Laz. She teases, "Since my name rubbed off the shoe and all, maybe I should start planning a wedding here for next year!"

My cousin chokes on his food, losing the battle to control the coughing fit. We all burst into laughter. He once confessed that Cara was the one, so I struggled to understand why the grown man is petrified.

Nick nudges Laz and gives brotherly advice, "It's not all the bad,"

My eyes sweep to Julia. Lowering her head to her lap, she's flooded with memories of her marriage to Nick. I can see the heartbreak before she manages to shake off.

Picking up my fork, I focus on the seafood in front of me. Raffaele is continuously cleaning the pasta off Nathan as he dribbles on himself. Surrounded by family and friends, it almost feels as if we are normal.

Raffaele

I'm struggling to remember the last time we all stopped and just enjoyed a day at the beach and a quiet lunch. If I'm not mistaken, it was just before we lost Stefano. I Indulge in these moments. They are rare! Asimina has been beaming, glowing, and she is looking more stunning than ever. She's anxious once again over the Italian wedding. Many guests are expected, and of course, it's all about the bride. Although Asimina is confident, bold, and brave, and generally not shy, she hates the idea of so many eyes been on her.

Thoughts of her flaring cheeks spring to mind, and a smiles curls on my lips. I love that I still get that reaction.

After lunch, Nathan and I headed back to the hotel room for his afternoon nap while his mother explores the island with the rest of the ladies. I roll out of bed as the light taps on the door are heard. Standing, I pull it open, stepping outside, I leave it slightly ajar.

Peeking, Carlos glances at Nathan, "He's a cute kid. Even though he looks like his father."

"He snores like his mother," I add. Leaning against the wall, I question, "Did you pick it up?"

Handing me a small gift box, he advises, "Gloria wrapped it."

Taking the box, I nod and thank him. "Business?"

Sighing, he rubs his forehead. Cocking his head, glancing at me, "they're still attacking the shipments. Trying to steal pallets and crates of drugs and guns. Dan managed to retrieve the last load." Blowing a breath, he advises, "I need trusted recruits, Morelli."

"Once we get back to the States, I will have Paul work with you." I concur.

"Paul?" He questions, surprised. Bitting the inside of his cheek he holds back his laughter. I don't blame him. No sane man recruits his woman's ex-boyfriend.

"He will be managing the assassin's institution. He has snipper skills," I try to justify my decision. Not that I need to, not to him or anyone for that matter. It's more about convincing myself that I have made the right decision. "I will ensure he gives you the best of the group" I lower my head, still in disbelief I've made Paul a vital part of the Morelli business. Normally my men need to work and prove loyalty to be awarded high-rank positions.

Smiling, he hikes a brow, "I don't want suits, Morelli. We are a biker gang. Jeans and leathers are more the dress code."

Chuckling, I nod. Carlos has taken this group further than his father could've imagined. The Satan Familia bikers have gone from petty criminals and small gun and drug trades to a multimillion-dollar turnover. He secures my drugs and guns coming through from Columbia and splits the loads, shipping the American stock to my warehouses after taking his agreed share.

Further securing our partnership, I now pay him a delivery fee, and I increased territory for the Rodriguez trade. I have lost an annual profit of five or so million, but by reducing Emilio's, I make back that eighty percent of what I lost to Carlos by direct distribution. It proved to be the right decision he, along with his wife, protected Asimina. No amount of money buys that kind of loyalty.

"You officially hold the husband title, any regrets, Morelli?" He laughs.

Shaking my head, I respond, "I've never been happier to surrender and wear her shackles."

"How do men like us..." He pauses, losing himself in his thoughts. "I mean, we aren't decent. Our hands are not clean. We kill, and hell has a special place for us," glancing down at the lobby as the ladies make their way through the doors, he questions, "how did we get lucky?"

Sliding the small gift box in my pocket, a smile curls as I speak, "I don't know, and I don't care." I turn and face the man that, strangely enough, has become a friend. "All that matters is that she's mine, and that is my piece of heaven."

Nodding, he clasps my shoulder and returns a stern nod. Leon, Alex, and Tommy make their way over to us as the ladies head up the stairs.

"Where is this luggage you want us to collect?" Tommy questions.

"In my suite Tommy. Where else would it be?" Annoyance echoes in my voice. Since this morning, he's been distracted. "Be quiet. Nathan is sleeping," I order.

Pushing open the ajar door, Tommy laughs, "This Nathan is sleeping?" He points to his godson. Having found the chocolates on the bedside table, Nathan is devouring them. Chocolate is smudged all over his face, clothing, and bed linen. Seeing Tommy walking towards him, my son tries to slide off the bed and make a run for it holding the chocolate tight in his hands.

"I won't take it from you," My brother laughs.

Leon and Alex block Nathan's path, and Tommy finally catches him. Pulling out wipes, my brother frantically tries to clean him before he manages to smudge chocolate anywhere else.

"What so funny?" Asimina places a kiss on my lips, peeking through the door. "He found the chocolates!" Shaking her head in amusement. "That won't work, Tommy. He needs a bath. It's in his hair," Asimina giggles.

"Hand him over," My mother laughs alongside my father.

Taking hold of Nathan, she speaks sweetly to her grandson; he loves the attention they give him. I missed the critical months of his life. Although Asimina has captured many firsts by photo and video, It's not the same. For the second time, I failed the woman I love and my child.

Distracting me from my thoughts, my parents walk out of my suite and leave with Nathan. Leon and Alex pick up Asimina and my luggage.

"Hey, where are you taking those?" She questions, puzzled.

"Speak to the boss," Alex winks, pushing past her.

She stands with her hands on her hips and a raised brow. "So?"

"I have made plans for us," I'm vague, and that pisses her off.

"What kind of plans?"

"You will see," hauling her arm, I lead her out of our suite. Bianca will collect anything we have forgotten behind. However, my wife needs to spend some time with me now. In her efforts to not ignore the rest of the group, she has neglected her husband. When did I become so needy? I have no idea!

"Raffaele, what is going on?" She questions playfully. I continue to lead her down the stairs and into the lobby.

"I need time with my wife, Asimina." My voice deepens

Humming, she goes to speak and only halts as Kat is escorted into the hotel by the tavern owner. Smiling, Kat thanks the man. I can't help but gawk at Tommy. His breathing has become heavy, and that twitching eye of his has jealousy showing. I'm wondering how long it will take for my kid brother to snap. It's amusing to watch someone else go through those initial stages.

"How was it?" Asimina questions, her high, pitched voice is full of excitement.

"Calm down," Kat shakes her head, walking towards us. "It was fun. He's a nice guy."

Her brief response has Asimina crossing her arms. Laughing, Kat gives more detail, "Well, I have made arrangements to stay in Italy for an extra two weeks after your wedding."

"Wait. What? Really?" Asimina confused questions.

"Yeah, Tessa is flying down, and we will be indulging in everything Italian. Elias said he would be happy to fly down for a few days too."

Scoffing, Tommy agitated speaks without thinking, "He wants to screw you. How fucking stupid are you?"

"Tommy," I warn with a threatening tone. Although his right, according to my brother Kat means nothing, therefore, he shouldn't have an opinion or care.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Kat, embarrassed, responds, "I appreciate your worry on this matter, Tommy. However, my personal life doesn't concern you. Please refrain yourself from commenting again," pushing past us, she heads with urgency up the stairs to her suite.

Tommy orders with a locking jaw, "Sal, Mark, take the luggage and you two," He points to Leon and Alex. "You're with me!"

Halting my brother, my eyes narrow as I demand answers, "Where are you going, Tommy?"

Abruptly pulling his arm out of my grip, he states, "I'm going out, brother. I'm on an island; it's time to have some fun," he sneers and pushes past.

"Let it go," Asimina smile at me. "You have a surprise for me, Mr. Morelli," she teases.

Standing in front of me, she places her hand on my chest. Those green orbs have me forgetting about my idiot brother. Wrapping my arms around her, my emotions settle. These moments a rare, and I plan on indulging.

"I have a yacht waiting for us. You and me, Sweetheart, are sailing to Italy. While the others fly in tomorrow."

Standing on her toes, she places a kiss on my lips and jumps into my arms, forcing me to carry her bridal style.

"Take me to the yacht and have your way with me," She demands.

Yay or Nah?

Thoughts on Kat? her date with Elias? planning to stay in Italy for an extra two weeks and possibly meeting Elias there?

Thoughts on Tommy?

Thoughts on Bianca?

Thoughts on Laz and Cara's conversation? Is Laz fearful of marriage?

Thoughts of Asimina?

Thoughts of Raffaele?

Thoughts on Nathan?

And finally thoughts on Carlos?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.6K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
5.1M 154K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
419K 9.3K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
2.3M 83.1K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...