Iᴍᴘᴇʀɪᴜᴍ (Bᴏᴏᴋ 1) (editing)

By jtorres19

He did not move from the spot where he stood. He did not hear Jace calling out to him. He did not notice the... More

Introduction to Imperium
Chapter 1- The Fall of Terra
Chapter 2- The Jewel (editing)
Chapter 3- If You Play With Fire...
Chapter 4- Something Wicked This Way Comes
Chapter 5- Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Chapter 6- The Hidden Castle
Chapter 7- Revon (Part 1)
Chapter 7- Revon (Part 2)
Chapter 8- Secrets Have A Way (Part 1)
Chapter 8- Secrets Have A Way (Part 2)
Chapter 9- Never Ending Fantasy (Part 1)
Chapter 9- Never Ending Fantasy (Part 2)
Chapter 10- Someone's Always Watching (Part 1)
Chapter 10- Someone's Always Watching (Part 2)
Chapter 11- Creatures of the Obscurum Jungle (Part 2)
Chapter 12- Let It Go (Part 1)
Chapter 12- Let It Go (Part 2)
Chapter 13- Search for Us (Part 1)
Chapter 13- Search for Us (Part 2)
Chapter 14- Running For The... (Part 1)
Chapter 14- Running For The... (Part 2)
Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 1)
Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 2)
Chapter 16- Leap of Firth (Part 1)
Chapter 16- Leap of Firth (Part 2)
Chapter 17- The Takings (Part 1)
Chapter 17- The Takings (Part 2)
Chapter 18- Long May She Reign (Part 1)
Chapter 18- Long May She Reign (Part 2)
Chapter 19- It's Just the Beginning (Part 1)
Chapter 19- It's Just the Beginning (Part 2)
BOOK 2

Chapter 11- Creatures of the Obscurum Jungle (Part 1)

57 20 2
By jtorres19

Previous Chapter

As she sat there on the ground, she didn't pay attention to what was going on around her. She wasn't expecting anyone to have witnessed what just happened. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as a voice hissed from behind her.

"What do we have here?"

Part 1

Rayna froze in place, keeping her eyes on the ground, feeling her heart start beating faster once more. She knew if she looked up, the fear there would be as clear as day, and so would her eyes. She wanted to kick herself, remembering her aunt's words about using her powers and how they would ruin the potion's effects.

Rayna had to think fast. She jumped up from where she was on the muddy ground and ran forward and reached her hand out to the water, getting ready to use it at her will.

"Stop her!" A voice shouted from behind her, and before she could cast even one-spell vines began to wrap around her hands and up her arms. She thrashed back and forth, trying to get loose. She felt the panic begin as she impulsively went, "Cutis mea calidum igni." The one dryad cried out, the vines slipping out from her skin that was as hot as fire. She knew it would only last for a second, so she jumped forward her boots, landing in the water as she used it to glide down the stream.

The little witch did not make it far though, as another dryad gripped her by her ankle from the stream as more shouts were heard behind her. And before she could speak, the vines wrapped over her mouth, pulling her arms behind her. Rayna kept her eyes closed, panicking as she realized she could possibly die at this moment. The laws of the jungle were not in the slightest bit the same as they were in the kingdom. The creatures of the jungle were not expected to follow the rules of the people. They could do whatever they pleased as long as it did not disturb the peace.

She had definitely been disturbing the peace.

She kept her eyes closed tight as she was brought down to the ground on her knees. She did not want to be aware of what they would use to kill her at that moment. She just hoped it would be a quick death.

Once she was secure, the voice spoke once more. "Bring her to the rock. Now!" She heard what sounded like hooves riding off in front of her.

The dryads dragged her along the ground, not caring about every rock they dragged her over as they walked forward, taking her to the rock, as the voice commanded before. She felt her heart racing so hard in her chest as she awaited her fate. She tried to think of what to do, to stop them from taking her wherever they were going. But nothing came to mind of what to do.

Once they stopped, no movements being made, she still did not lift her head up. She heard a slight flutter fly past her, but she still didn't lift her head.

Rayna felt tiny fingers grip her chin, pulling her head up to get her attention. "Look up when you are presented in front of the King and Prince of the Obscurum Jungle, child." She opened her eyes in shock, looking at the faery that spoke taking in her appearance. She's not more than four feet tall floating right in front of her, her features so delicate and light. The faery looked as most did, the hair on her head was a feather gray color, crystal blue eyes, no eyebrows at all, with pointy little ears and a sharp chin with an oval shape to her head. Her frame was very petite, and she's wearing what could only be described as leaves covering her arms, torso, and legs.

The fairy gasped, looking at Rayna as well, shocked to see who was before her. As she took in more of the princess's appearance, she touched the ground in awe, unable to focus on flying.

Rayna looked around her and saw the centaur before her that stood in front of the rock. Well, not exactly a rock, for it was much larger than that. She would think it more a boulder, with its steep incline that angled upward to the sky, it's deep gray in color, making it look even larger. And at the top was where the King of the Obscurum Jungle stood looking down on her.

Rayna looked at the centaur. He was tall, at least six foot five, and with long braids off the color black, his coat a similar color, but his skin a lighter shade. His eyes where almost a topaz color but a little dark not noticing his look of shock as he got a better look at her too. Without a word, the vines slowly slipped away from her arms, waist, ankles, and mouth. Her whole body dropped to the ground, but she didn't even notice as she shook her head, placing her hands together. "Please, your graces, forgive me for being so destructive in the Obscurrum Jungle. I should have been more careful, I mean, I didn't mean any harm... I-I am so sorry I-I-." She couldn't think of what to say to show how apologetic she was. Her father and mother always taught her to respect the Obscurum Jungle and look at what she had done. So foolish.

The entire jungle was silent. Rayna did not dare look up, praying to the Gods that this King, the King her father had spoken nothing but kind words about, would forgive her anger and lapse in judgment. She could kick herself for being so reckless and careless. She could have really hurt someone. None of these creatures deserved her anger.

There was some shuffling that came closer to her. She felt a hand touch her shoulder. She hesitantly looked up. Seeing an older centaur before her, who could only be King Silas. He looked just as the younger centaur did, but with gray hair mixed in with black, and it was not in a braid but wild and free and his eyes, the eyes that many said could see right through your soul was a clear crystal blue like the sky. "My dear child, what are you doing on the floor? A queen never bows to anyone."

Without thinking of his words, Rayna automatically responded, now in a kneeling position before him. "My father always said no matter who you are a King or a commoner; you always show respect in another kingdom. He would always say we are not above anyone or anything." As the words slipped out of her mouth, she cringed, biting her lip, realizing her error.

She fell right into his trap of revealing just who she was.

Rayna waited in fear gauging his reaction but was left shocked when King Silas smiled down at her. He knew who she was the moment she stepped in through the trees leading up to the rock. Looking at her now only proved further to him who she was. He took Rayna by the hands and had her stand before him.

He appraised her for a moment, taking her in, then turned to all the creatures that had gathered around at the rock to see what would happen to the pytho that disrupted their day. Each creature was looking at her in awe. "My subjects bow before our guest." He turned, smiling to Rayna, "Before us returns the right and true Queen of Terra... Rayna Imperium. "

A collective gasp was heard throughout the creatures of the jungle as they all looked closer at the girl before them. They appraised her as the King had, noticing all the traits that had once been seen in the King and Queen of Terra before her. Goblins, brownies, deer, faeries, giants, elves, monkeys, centaurs, rabbits, dryads, fauns, and more all gathered at the King's words to see and meet the lost princess and now the rightful queen to the throne.

The moment King Silas bowed before Rayna though, was when her heart became as quick as a hummingbird. She looked around her as all the creatures followed the King's example, bowing before her. She held her breath as she felt all sorts of emotions coursing through her as all the creatures in the surrounding area bowed to her, showing their respect. A smile broke out across her face as she bowed to the creatures in return.

King Silas stood up after a moment, taking Rayna's hand back into his, looking down at her. "Rayna, I must ask the truly troubling question now. Where have you been?" He looked at her with such sadness. "We were all under the impression that you were dead."

Rayna paused for a moment as she looked around. She wasn't sure how to answer this question, for she had kept it a secret for so long. But looking at both the King and Prince's faces, she took a deep breath and began to tell them everything.

The King brought her over to sit beside him on the rock before them, and let her tell her story. They all listened to everything she had to say, lost in her words. King Silas and his son, Prince Coilleach, were furious, as were the creatures, to hear what happened to King Gabriel, knowing that the man they most despised was behind all of it was salt to the wound. King Gabriel had been an ally whom they had come to consider a friend. And now, the man who murdered him was sitting happily on his throne.

All who were listening wanted to go on now and storm the kingdom of Terra, taking back the throne that belonged to the girl before them. They owed the late King at least that for all the kindness he bestowed upon them after the Wars. But Rayna begged them to do nothing of the sort and to keep this secret of hers. She was not yet of age. Prince Coilleach told her to damn age and to take back the throne. For in the Obscurum Jungle, things like gender and age did not matter to them at all. They did not see things like that; it wasn't a factor in their everyday lives or how a kingdom was to be ruled.

However, once she was able to get them to see her reasoning, they agreed to her request. They despised King Malum and all that was associated with him. He treated the jungle as if it was nothing. Like it was something he could destroy. Malum was a tyrant, ruining, and hurting anyone that came across his path. Although he was the one to break ties with King Silas, King Silas did not try to make any amends whatsoever. So when Rayna asked them to keep her identity a secret for a few more years, it was easy for them to agree to it. But not without the agreement that in return, when she took back the throne, she would seek their help in any way that she needed it.

Prince Coilleach stepped forward to her after she finished her take. His look was the most remorseful, for he was the one that gave the command for her to be dragged to the rock on her knees. She was no intruder or threat, and yet he had treated her like one. "I apologize, Queen Rayna, for being so forceful before, if I had known-"

Rayna shook her head, stopping any apology from passing his lips. "No, Prince Coilleach, it's I that should be apologizing. I forgot where I was and disrespected your home in the worst way. I am the one who is sorry." She turned to look around her as her eyes fell on the dryads, guilt washing over her, "I hope I did not hurt anyone."

"No, your grace, you didn't harm a soul." King Silas said, chuckling as he patted Rayna on the shoulder, "Though you did give many a good scare."

She blushed slightly at that comment and was about to speak when horse hooves were heard nearing. Rayna was pushed behind the King and Prince, guarding her. Dryads, ogres, and fauns lifted their spears and bow and arrows waiting to see who approached their King and Prince. Rayna's heart began pounding once more, as she tucked her hair back under the hood to hide her identity as best as she could.

She did not see who approached, but she let out a sigh of relief when she heard their voice.

"Oh, King Silas, my apologizes, but I need your help, I am looking for a girl in a blue cloak. She has gone missing. Have you seen her?" Kalevi spoke, trying not to seem too anxious, worrying about his nieces' whereabouts.

King Silas played it coy though, messing with him a little. "Hmmmm, I have not seen a girl through the jungle as of yet." He paused, looking at the sadness that filled Kalevi and Cyrus' as he pulled his horse up next to his fathers. He smirked, "But I have seen the Queen of Terra. She's right here." Both he and Prince Coilleach stepped aside to reveal Rayna.

Both Kalevi and Cyrus' jaws dropped at the King's words. Rayna shrugged, smiling sheepishly, apologizing, "Hello there." When they continued to just look at her with confusion and disappointment, she bit her lip, "Look, I tried to get away, but dryads are quick. Plus, they figured it out on their own." They still continued staring, making her even more nervous. "They promised they wouldn't say anything, they swore-"

Before she could finish her rambling, another set of horse hooves was heard on the ground. Cyrus panicked, looking to his cousin, whispering to her harshly, "Get down on the ground, quickly, Rayna. And hide your face."

She was confused but did as she was told and kneeled on the ground, bowing her head, pulling the hood securely over her hair. Of course, one single piece slipped from the hood, but that wasn't what she focused on. The voice that spoke next was what she was listening to.

"Kalevi, Cyrus, did you find the girl?" Rayna's heart stopped as she heard the voice that spoke. Her heartbreaking all over again as the horse's steps came closer, and then came to a complete stop.

Theo.

A/N: Heehee, thought I would leave it on that little cliffhanger ;). Hope you enjoyed!

Comment & Vote, please and thank you!

J

3/10/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373 0 15
Do paranormal things, witches and magic exist? There are gifts that are waiting to be discovered. The mythical power is just waiting beyond the deepe...
2.9K 313 17
When thirty-year-old Zara stumbled upon a mysterious mirror hidden among her family's heirlooms, she never imagined that diving into it would transpo...
336K 17.1K 27
#1 in paranormalromance 02/06/19 #1 in aliens 02/27/2019 #2 in paranormal 07/10/2019 #2 in horror 07/18/2019 #7 in apocalypse 12/24/2021 **COMPLETED*...
Two Worlds By

Werewolf

39.8K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...