Trust Me (A Harry Styles Fan...

By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany Smith is a multibillionaire. After her parents die suddenly, she is left in the world to fend for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 8

14.1K 320 61
By 1D_lover_hs

Bethany's POV

Simon had shut the door with a knowing smirk. He just left me standing here by myself with Harry Styles. Usually I wouldn't have cared, but I've been trying ignore any little thing that brought up Chace and quite frankly, Harry was one of those things that reminded me of him. 

I took in a shakey breath, trying to fight the nerves that were overcoming my body. I didn't want to have a conversation with him, knowing it would lead back to the second most painful thing that had ever happened in my life. Yet, he stood here, staring at me with a blank expression. 

His hair was still styled the way it was when he came. It was if not a single strand of hair had moved in it's place on his head. His lips were dry and cracked a bit, but somehow, they were still a deep pink color. His eyes were almost more green than when I look at them in the dark hallway. Yet, even then his eyes were so green it seemed impossible for them to look like that in the dark. His t-shirt and jeans were still tidy and wrinkle free on his body. The brown boots he had on were scuffed up and dirty. 

He rolled his lips together as he looked at me. Though, instead of the usual creeper eyes going up and down my body, they remained on my face. They didn't even move from my eyes really. They held their place, just simply looking at mine. 

"What're you doing here, Harry?" My voice is shakey, almost cracking at the end. 

"Well, I was here for the meeting with you." He answer smartly and I bite my lip to fight the urge of saying something smart back. 

"I have dishes to wash. Excuse me." I push past him and go to check on Jack who is still dead asleep on the couch. 

The movie had stopped playing, and the credits were rolling in. He hadn't moved from the position he was in an hour ago, his head still resting on the pillow with the blanket wrapped tightly around him. I turned the TV off before walking back towards the kitchen. 

Harry was hot on my heals and I almost turned around to yell at him, but I continued to use all of my strength not to. 

"When is he getting picked up?" Harry's raspy voice fills the entire room. It was deep, yet had this underlying sound that could make anyone's attention in the room go straight to him. 

"10:00. So five more minutes. Why?" I answer, but feel the need to question him. 

"Because we need to talk." He says simply and I roll my eyes knowing that he's standing behind me against the counter and won't see me. 

"Yes, I've realized though I really wish you'd tell me what it was about." 

"You know what it's about. Don't play dumb. I hate that." He snaps and I turn around from the sink and begin to load the dishes into the dishwasher. 

"Not playing dumb. I just don't understand what relevance there is between us that we need to have some lengthy discussion." I sigh, continuing to set each plate in the sink. 

"Guess you'll find out then." He saunters over to the barstool and sits down as he waits for me to finish loading the dishes. 

"Fantastic." I sarcastically murmur to myself, but I know he heard it because I can feel the glare in my back. 

The door is knocked on and I walk slowly towards the foyer. Harry is behind me and I turn around and give him a questioning look. 

"What? It's 10 o'clock at night. What if it isn't Vanessa and it's some creepy guy? Wouldn't you want me to open the door?" He sasses and I give him an annoyed look. Though, my heart starts to beat faster at his caring words. Although they came out as rude, the idea of it all was actually really nice. 

I open the door and am met with a very happy looking Vanessa. Her cheeks were brighter and her face lighter. She looked so excited and yet, a little tired. You could see she hadn't gotten much sleep lately, and I felt bad knowing I was the reasoning behind that. 

"Hey, how was he?" She asks as I let her into the penthouse. She gasps a little as she sees Harry but gives me a smirk. The action makes my cheeks go red and I shake my head at her to assure her it's not like that. 

I would never date the playboy known as Harry Styles.

"He was great. Um, he's asleep on the couch." I lead her towards the room and Harry follows behind her. 

Sure enough, he was dead asleep on the couch, still looking the way I left him. He was cute, no doubt about it and Vanessa instantly melted over what he looked like. She picked him up slowly so that she didn't wake him up. The baby bag was on her shoulder as she carried him towards the door. 

"Come in late tomorrow okay? 10:30 yea? You can tell me about your evening tomorrow." I whisper to her and she nods her head. 

"Yea, that sounds lovely. Thank you." She mouths at the end and I lightly close the door. 

When I turn around, I expect to see Harry, only he's not standing behind me anymore. His presence is gone, but I know he's still in the penthouse. He didn't leave, I would have seen him. 

"Harry?" I call out and luckily he replies. 

"I'm in your living room!" 

I follow where his voice is coming from and look at the couch. He's laying there with his feet kicked up on the table with his shoes placed nicely beside the couch. His arms are behind his head as he nods it, motioning me to sit down on the couch across from him. 

I feel my nerves getting to me again. My palms get slightly sweaty and my heartbeat picks up pace again. He stares straight ahead of him, towards the big window of the city. His lips roll together once before he turns his head towards me and relaxes his arms at his sides. 

"So why are you here?" I question again. 

"You never called me after you left the event." His eyes bore into mine, and I feel like a child getting scolded by their parents. 

"I didn't want to bother you. It was late when Chace left and I didn't want you involved anymore than you already where." I shake my head at him and he gives me a frown. 

"Normally, I wouldn't want to be in that sort of mess, but I am sort of the reason you guys broke up. So when I gave you my number, I wish you would have called me like I suggested." 

"You said if I needed you. I didn't call you, because I didn't need you. What I needed was time and space away from people." I argue back. 

"Yea, and look where that's gotten you? Today was the first time you left the house. You didn't even celebrate Thanksgiving! You were in your penthouse all day, by yourself. And doing what? Crying to yourself because some stupid asshole cheated on you?" His vein in his neck was popping out again as he yelled. I cowered back into the couch. His words hit me like a knife and I lost everything in me to continue on with the fight. 

"Who would I have spent Thanksgiving with? If you hadn't realized yet, or remembered, my families dead. I don't have anyone anymore. So excuse me, for crying over the fact that I lost another person that I love." I feel that burning sensation in my eyes, and I blink a few times to get rid of the tears. His face is full of regret, obviously not understanding he hit a rough spot. 

"Bethany-" He starts but I cut him off. 

"Save it. If all you came here for was to yell at me, and make me feel even worse, than congratulations. You succeeded." I stand up off the couch and walk out onto the balcony. 

I hear him get up and come after me. His breathing his loud and you can here him sigh a few times. His eyes were staring at me. I was turned around, and I could still feel his eyes burning, no, seering into my back.

When his hand wraps around my bicept, and turns me around, I gasp a bit. His arms pull me straight into his chest, craddling my head with one hand and soothing my back with the other. I let the tears I've been holding in all day fall and wrap my arms around his torso too. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." He murmurs and I nod my head. I pull back and look him in the eye. 

"You're right though. I hate to admit that, but you're right. I'm sitting here crying over a guy who stayed with me because he didn't want to hurt me, yet all he did was make things so much worse by cheating on me. Why would I be crying over him?" 

"You'll move on. It'll take time, but you'll move on." 

There's an small silence before I look up at him. His eyes widen as they look at my face. I swallow hard, not really knowing how to take in the look he just gave me. His breathing becomes heavier and more shallow. Mine follows exactly what his is doing. 

"Sometimes, we just need a distraction." He whispers and his head comes closer to mine. 

"Let me be your distraction." He breathes out and I feel myself give in for some reason. 

I nod my head, and his lips crash onto mine. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
4.1K 173 35
Love is hard. It's like a flower, it needs love and care. Bethany and Harry's relationship is more than that though. It's a delicate flower that need...
1.5K 60 32
Lily is a girl with so many hopes and dreams. But is forced to give them all up when her dad abandoned the family leaving her with only her mom, litt...
6.7K 160 36
What happens when someone who doesn't believe in love runs into a world famous boy band who relies on the belief in love to reach out to their fans...