Heartbreak Warfare

By thedaydreamer270

"You know what I think?" Harry leaned across the table. "I think you're afraid. You don't take risks like us... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: Epilogue

Chapter 4

206K 6K 10.6K
By thedaydreamer270

Draco was pacing in front of the fireplace in the Slytherin common room.

"Can you believe that?" Draco asked.

Blaise rolled his eyes. "Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

Draco glared at him. "No. That's exactly what I don't want."

"We both know that's bullshit."

"Why do I even talk to you?"

"Because I'm one of the few that puts up with your shit."

That made Draco almost smile. "Ditto, mate."

Blaise laughed. "Well, who knows, maybe Potter will be one of those people too."

"Fat chance. He's a prick and if you knew about who I really was, he wouldn't have ever asked."

"Ah," Blaise smirked. "The truth finally comes out. You're afraid."

He scoffed. "As if. I don't give a damn about what Potter thinks of me."

"Right, sure."

"You're the worst."

Blaise grinned. "Ditto, mate."

****

Harry, Ron, and Hermione headed down to Hogsmeade that Saturday. He was exhausted. Nightmares had plagued him that night, of Sirius and Bellatrix. It had been a few weeks since he had a nightmare but he must have just been on edge that night. He could still hear Bellatrix's shrill laugh as she taunted him. I killed Sirius Black!

"Harry?" Hermione nudged him and Harry blinked.

"What? Sorry."

"Do you want to grab a butterbeer?" She asked.

Harry nodded and the three of them walked into the Three Broomsticks. They grabbed a table and Madam Rosmerta took their order. As she walked away, Harry noticed something in the corner of his eye. He turned his head and saw Draco slip into one of the backrooms. Harry was wondering what he was up to and then remembered he didn't have to care anymore. Whether or not Draco was up to something was no longer his problem. Though, it was going to take some getting used to.

"Did you see that?" Ron asked and nudged him.

Harry blinked. "What?"

"Malfoy just snuck into the backroom! We should tell Madam Rosmerta."

"Maybe he has permission to be there."

Both Ron and Hermione looked at him like he'd gone mad and didn't even notice the three butterbeers placed in front of them.

"Since when do you think that Malfoy doesn't have an ulterior motive?" Hermione asked.

Harry tried to hide the blush that threatened to paint his cheeks by taking a drink. "Maybe I'm sick of worrying about him. I have a lot more to think and worry about this year."

"Since when has that stopped you?" Ron asked.

"Can we just drop it, please?"

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks but didn't press the matter. They finished their butterbeers and Harry noticed Professor Slughorn across the room. Harry waved and Slughorn walked over.

"Ah, my boy, my boy," Professor Slughorn stopped at their table and Harry stood up.

"Hello, sir. Good to see you."

"You too, you too," Slughorn clasped his hand. "I've been thinking, I used to throw these sort of supper parties with a student or two and wondered if you'd be game?"

"I'd consider it an honor, sir," Harry said.

Slughorn grinned. "Great, look for my owl." He turned to Hermione. "And you're welcome to come too, Granger."

"I'd love to, sir," Hermione responded.

"Splendid," Slughorn turned to Ron. "Good to see you, Wallaby."

Ron scowled as Professor Slughorn walked away.

"Honestly. I've been in that class as long as you both and he can't even be bothered to remember my name? It's utter bullocks." Ron looked toward the corner of the room and he went pale. "You've got to be kidding me."

Harry and Hermione followed his gaze to see Dean and Ginny sitting in a corner booth.

"What's the big deal? They're just holding hands," Hermione said, but as if on cue, they started snogging. "And snogging."

"I would like to leave," Ron said, looking like he was going to be sick.

Hermione looked like she was going to say something but Harry interrupted.

"I've got an essay to work on anyway. Let's just go."

They walked out of the Three Broomsticks. Ron and Hermione were planning on studying while Harry worked on his essay. Though, Harry wasn't as dense as they thought he was. He knew they were dating or at least were getting there. Harry didn't mind. He was happy for them. He just wished they'd tell him and stop sneaking around.

Harry heard a scream up ahead and surged forward with Hermione and Ron on his heels. Katie Bell was elevated six feet in the air with her arms outstretched, her head thrown back and her hair hovering around her face. She was screaming, a bloodcurdling scream of absolute pain. A friend of hers was standing below her, staring up at her in shock. Then Katie suddenly crashed to the ground, convulsing slightly.

"Get back. All of you." Hagrid pushed through their group and picked Katie Bell up.

Harry noticed a package on the ground and walked up to it.

"Only touch the wrappings, you hear?" Hagrid said.

Harry nodded and gazed down at the necklace, wondering what kind of curse was put on it and why.

****

Hagrid had taken Katie Bell to the Hospital Wing while Harry, Ron, Hermione and Katie's friend, Leanne went to talk to Professor McGonagall about the accident. Leanne explained that Katie had gone to the loo and came back with a package, saying that she needed to deliver it to Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall dismissed her after that, leaving the trio.

"Why is it when something happens, it is always you three?" McGonagall asked.

"Believe me, Professor. I've been asking that same question for six years," Ron grumbled.

Professor Snape came into the room at the moment and went straight to the necklace. The professors mumbled together when Harry spoke up.

"I know Katie from Quidditch and she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Dumbledore then she wasn't doing it willingly."

Professor McGonagall turned to him. "You're right. She was cursed."

"Harry has an idea of who it was," Ron spoke up, nudging him.

Harry blinked at Ron. "I do?"

"Yeah. You said that it was Malfoy."

Professor Snape turned at the name and rested his black eyes on him.

"That is a serious accusation, Potter," McGonagall said.

"Indeed," Snape agreed. "Your evidence?"

Harry looked between Ron and the Professors, cursing Ron for throwing him under the bus. Harry thought possibly that Malfoy could have something to do with it because he was acting so suspiciously. But he was also trying to turn over a new leaf and not accuse Malfoy of things that he didn't have evidence for.

"It's just a feeling," Harry said, stupidly.

"You continue to astonish me with your gifts. Gifts us mere mortals couldn't dream of having. How grand it must be to be chosen."

Harry didn't say anything. It was McGonagall that broke the tension.

"You three should go to your dormitories."

The trio left without a word. Harry felt like he had swallowed rocks and wanted to kick Ron for making him go through that. He settled on hitting his arm instead.

"Ow! Bloody hell, what was that for?" Ron asked, rubbing his arm.

"For throwing me to the wolves!" Harry bit out.

"More like snakes," Hermione muttered.

"I did no such thing! You did say that on the way up here."

"I said possibly. And I also said that I wasn't going to assume anything like I usually do because I'm trying to mend a bridge."

"And why is that exactly?" Ron asked. "And don't sprout out some bullshit about being tired of it because I know you. You love fighting with Malfoy."

"Why would anyone love fighting with someone all the time?" Harry asked, incredulously. "It's exhausting! I'm paranoid enough as it is. I'm trying to whittle down my list of people to worry about so I can sleep better at night!"

"Enough you two," Hermione snapped. "What's done is done. Let's just move on."

The boys wanted to argue more but they held it in until they got to their room for Hermione's sake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 28 8
"Hermione" His voice cut through her silence and she shivered, the sound was made of pure gold. "I missed you" The witch whispered, and she brought...
4.1K 165 22
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
83.4K 2.6K 17
Muggle story Harry james potter. The shy boy. He was always reading or drawing, studying as an artist. Secretly gay and pretending to date one of his...
11.9K 515 31
"Harry thought that maybe he was having a dream where Draco would have him, and they would stay in a small place in Godric's Hollow. Maybe he dreamt...