Truly-Madly-Deeply Assistant

By ZaraPenn

Avery had big dreams but Jared, who can't seem to function without her, doesn't feel like letting her go. Is... More

Part One - First
Hurricane
All I need
She is gone
Change
Breakfast at Jared's
Games by the pool
Ups and the downs
Chances pt. 1
Chances pt. 2
Chances pt. 3 - Leaving
Summer special - The show
Summer Special - The after-party
Bitter welcomes
Medicate
Her favorite song
Shotgun
My way or the high way
One day
'A man on fire'
'A violent desire'
'Do you wanna cross the line?'
Morning Coffee
One in a million
This is us
Morning fluff
Flashback - Lily
Protective or selfish
Here goes nothing
Acceptance
Commit to the bit
Above the clouds
Homecoming
Flashback - You'll never know
Little truths
LA!Buzz - The gossip
The one with all the feelings
Out and About
Family issues
A year wiser
Flashback - All I have
The gift
Shadows of the past
A night apart
Take the car
Another day another girl
talk!showtime
New Year's Eve - Morning
New Year
It's over
Farewell
Flashback - The Oscars moment
Apart - phone calls
Apart - the bully
Apart - breaking point
Surprising Mr. Leto
Highs, lows and higher
His past
I don't
The Event pt. 1
The Event pt. 2
Morning news
Flashback - Backlash
LA!Buzz - The real deal
Hobbies
City of Exes
Flashback - Forever mine
Home
Capricorn and the pushover
Hurt
Hot and steamy
Untitled
The test of feelings
Leaving night
Tips and tricks
Flashback - Scattered memories
Comfort pt. 1
Comfort pt. 2
Long distance
Moving on
Choosing dreams
Intimacy
Back to us
Brother's leftover
Just saying...
Mother in town
Taking control
Surrender
The new home
Stubborn mind, aching heart
Housewarming
Behind closed doors
Baby talk pt. 1
Baby talk pt. 2
A day in the life
LA!Buzz - Drama alert
Small town girl
Birthday surprise pt. 1
Birthday surprise pt. 2
Her past
Home big Home
Camp
Change is coming
Our life, our rules pt. 1
Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

Friend or foe

461 19 7
By ZaraPenn

The painkillers worked like magic and by the time I got ready I stood in front of my mirror with a light smile on my face on Friday evening, just before I had to leave for the Company party.

I wore the red dress I purchased for the Gallery opening in London; figured since it was so expensive I could make a good use of it tonight as well, knowing everyone who woks at Universal Music like to be fancy on occasions like this.

I put my hair up in high ponytail, leaving two strings of hair fall freely by my ears, giving more attention to the beautiful lotus flower earrings I got from Jared.

Taking a deep breath, I had nothing else to do than to wait for the taxi to arrive.

Since there is going to be an open bar, there is no chance I will drive there.

I was just checking my purse if I have everything with, when the familiar sound of Snapchat brought an excited smile on my face. The only person who still used Snapchat was Jared; not that I anyway had a lot of contacts there.

Opening the picture, my eyes read the caption quickly, "Thinking of you " before I focused on the photo.

My eyes widened biting my lips, then I let out a chuckle shaking my head.

He was laying on the bed, in sweatpants with an obvious bulge blinding my sight.

"Looking yummy"

Licking my lips I peered down to my phone blushing on my sentence, then I took a picture of myself, posing sideways in the mirror sending to him.

I raised my eyebrows when the notification came that he took a screenshot.

"You are violating snapchat rules!" I quickly typed.

"Who cares, I NEED that picture!"

He answered and I grinned then I saw him typing.

"And don't forget that throw-on!"

Laughing, I answered, "I won't! Love u!"

Stepping into the venue at Santa Monica beach, I looked around amazed. They did not hold back for this one. There was a stage set up for concerts later on as many of the represented artists were around and some were scheduled to play. There were two open bars placed on each side of the big hall area. The place was swimming in dark blue lights while people were mingling, laughing around, having a drink or finger food in their hands.

First and foremost, before trying to locate any of my colleagues, I made my way to the bar on the left hand side which seemed to have less people around, but before I even could get into the cue, out of the hundreds of people around, that one, high pitched voice was the first one to greet me; the one I did not expect, or at least hoped to not hear ever again.

"Oh, Avery, I hoped you would be here," the irony in her voice was dripping.

I turned around stunned.

"Lora; what are you doing here?" I asked grabbing into my purse more.

"I know people, you know," she stated as she stepped closer and in her super high heels she was intimidatingly taller than me. "Look at that dress... Is this the only one you have?" she asked, tilting her head. "Or the only one you look presentable in?" she asked dragging the throw-on down from me.

"Lora, stop!" I asked trying to grab the material back.

"Look at those boobs! Do you have some socks in there, yeah?" she laughed, trying to touch me, but I backed off quickly, hugging myself. "You know this skin going to look ridiculous when you get old and wrinkly. Jared does not know what he signed up for," she spat.

I looked at her, trying to look strong.

"I don't have energy for your childish games, Lora; give that back to me," I stated firm, reaching my hand out.

She looked at me with pure anger when James' voice was heard from behind her.

"Avery! You made it!" He stepped next to us with Haley on his side, looking at us uncertain. "Hey!" He turned to Lora, who just nodded to him then looked to me, shoving the throw-on back into my arms. "You dropped this," she hissed then left.

I let out a breath I've been holding.

"I need a drink," I muttered, turning away to walk to the bar.

"Yeah, let's do that," smiled Haley following me, leaning to the counter as well

An hour later I was comfortably chatting with James and Haley, happy that I haven't seen Lora around when one of our executives appeared on stage to talk about last years accomplishments and thank us all our hard work.

After the speech there was another half an hour of mingling before the first band was up to play when I spotted Larry, my boss talking with the chief officer of Universal Music and I took a deep breath, trying to gather myself to go there and take the opportunity to introduce myself.

"Do you think he has a wife?" giggled Haley as she walked towards them with me.

"Don't tell me you are interested?" I laughed.

"Yes, in the money," grinning she took the glass of wine from me to have a sip and I took that moment to adjust the dress on me.

Getting closer I frowned seeing Lora talking to them but before I could get there, she was leaving, so I decided to hurry after her.

"What did you tell them?" I asked grabbing her arm to turn her towards me.

"Oh... you... Why would you think I talked about you?" she asked looking at me with pity.

"Why else would you care to even talk to them? Why else would you even be here if not because of your crazy plan of ruining my life?" I asked, alcohol making me more fired up.

"Well... that's true," she shrugged then sent me an innocent smile. "Just let them know about your little affair with a band member... and about how you use Jared to help you stay in the States. About how you are not as innocent as you look. All those gossip magazines has to have some truth, right? Even if you can save your own ass, you think a company like Universal Music will want a worker with such scandals around her? You know, I have a LOT of connections to the media thanks to working with Jared," her confidence was hitting the ceiling.

I looked at her shocked; of course it was her spreading rumors, but I just now realized that it is all for getting me fired. She wants me out of this whole country on the long run.

"You are the most horrible person I have ever met, Lora," I stated dark.

"Well, not a surprise, taking the fact you were probably raised among cows," stating, she flipped her hair as she turned away, but I stepped in front of her.

"Look. Jared loves me. Not you and it won't change, whatever you do. It will only make him hate you more," I explained. "Stop right now; walk away and I won't tell a word to him."

"I won't stop until I crash your ugly ass!" she hissed stepping closer, looking down to me.

"I am warning you, Lora," I tried to stay calm.

"Get the fuck out of my way," she hissed as she pushed me to the side; I stumbled and almost fell.

I looked after her with anger, but she didn't deserve any kind of attention and I didn't want to feed the fire.

After sending down two shots all alone at the bar I was looking around for James and Haley desperately when a huge security guy stepped to me.

"Miss?"

"Yeah?" I asked uncertain, turning to him.

"I have to ask you to leave the venue; I'll escort you out," he showed me the way, but I just starred at him dumbfounded.

"Why? I mean... it is an open bar, isn't it? I can pay!" I stated, opening my purse in hurry.

"It isn't that Miss. Your abusing behavior is not tolerated here. Please head out, or I will have to force you," he explained dead serious.

"This isn't... I wasn't doing anything!" I whined looking around just to see James waving to me to go to the crowd as the performance was about to start.

I looked back at him desperately as I started to walk with the guy's hand on my back.

"I swear, I didn't do anything! I wasn't even talking to anyone!"

"Avery! Hey, what's going on?" James asked surprised as he appeared next to us. "Why are you taking her out?"

"Sir, step aside, please," the security asked and I looked away from James just to see some of my colleagues looking at me as I was walked to the door.

Looking down I felt my heart racing, feeling nervous and ashamed.

"I... Can I come back later? I swear I wasn't doing anything I..."

Looking up to him, I saw Lora opening the entrance door.

"I told you I know people," she sent me a kiss before I stepped out. "And this is exactly how I am going to kick you out of my country," she smiled before she closed the door.

I looked at the door with trembling lips and I just had way more than enough.

Tears ran down my face, thinking about the shameful moments of being kicked out; the people starring, Lora's face...

"You wanna win so bad!! Win! Just fucking win!" I screamed to the door before I turned away with racing heart as I pulled out my phone to call Jared.

"Answer, answer... please answer..." I mumbled as I pulled my dress above my knees so I could sit down onto the edge of the sidewalk, kicking my heels off. "Please, answer..."

As tears were rapidly falling, I dragged the hair tie out, letting my hair fall either side of me, shielding me away.

I had no idea where the band was and what time was there, but I just needed to talk to him. I wanted to tell everything. I wanted to let him know I am leaving the country and I will never come back. Ever. I had enough. It is nothing good without him.

After the ringing stopped, I growled and started calling Shannon who didn't answer either.

The alcohol was getting to me, making me dizzy.

Just after disconnecting the call, Jared's name lit up my screen and I answered it with shaking hands.

"Jared..." I cried with relief.

"Avery? It's Sky. Jared is on stage. I saw it was you calling that's why I called back. Can I help you?" she sounded uncertain, probably even from that one word she figured something is up.

I didn't want to stress her out by having to deal with a drunk hysteric girlfriend so I just hung up.

I rubbed my face with my hands and looking at them, I saw the make up smudged up on my hand.

"Hey..." I heard a gentle voice as a hand was laid onto my shoulder.

"I'm... I'm leaving..." I muttered as I shoved my phone back into my purse and standing up, I almost tripped as I tried to grab my heels from the ground.

"Avery, what happened? Can I help?"

Frowning I looked up just to see Lily standing next to me, concern on her face and I just shook my head with a sob.

"Just leave me the fuck alone!" screaming, I turned, walking away as fast as possible, the alcohol numbing the sensation of walking barefoot on the rough ground.

"Avery, where are you going?" I heard her voice as she followed me.

"Away! Away from all you sad, jealous people! I'm done! You won! The sad little ugly girl is out of your town!" turning back I looked at her with anger.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, stopping in her tracks confused.

"Just leave me be..." muttering, I turned to walk home, not realizing it will take hell of a time.

"Let me take you home," she offered.

"No need," shaking my head, I opened my bag to grab my phone out to search for an uber, but it was hard with my heels in my hands so I just threw them away as I kept walking furiously.

"Avery, I'm not letting you like this!" Lily shouted after me.

Walking for like five minutes, trying to find an uber, Lily pulled up next to me on the street, going slowly with her car.

"Please, get in. I swear I will just take you home and you don't have to see me ever again."

Not answering, she didn't give up.

"I got your shoes," she continued.

I'm not sure how or when, but I did end up in Lily's car, driving home. It probably was the chilly air and the fact that I was barefoot.

After digging in her bag, she handed me a make-up wipe.

"Here, you look like a mess," she stated and looking at it, I sighed as I took it.

Looking into the mirror I pulled a face, starting to clean myself up.

"That girl who made you kicked out... who is she?" she asked.

"Jared was fucking her too," I stated unimpressed as I rubbed my face with the wipe. "What is up with you all just can't let him go? Why can't you find someone else, why hate me? I was working with him for years; I never planned to be with him! I don't even fucking know why he chose me, but he did and I don't understand why to punish me?" I cried out. "I just wanna be in peace... I just wanna be happy..." mumbling, I kept wiping away the falling tears.

"Avery, that is what I wanted to talk about for so long. I wanted to tell you, I'm happy for you guys. I am happy for YOU. You changed so much and you are stunning. You always were and I believe you are the one he needs," she explained and I peered at her confused then back to the road as she continued.

"Remember when I took you to the salon? To get this beautiful hair color of yours back from that awful black?" she smiled. "It took ten hours, four hundred dollars but it was worth every penny seeing your face light up when you saw the results... You know what Jared told me after he saw you?"

I did not show any interest but inside I was waiting for her to finish the story with held back breath.

"He turned to me and said... just burst out really... Wow, she looks out of this world," she mimicked the tone of astonishment then she chuckled. "I got this feeling of jealousy for a brief moment, because he never got so shocked seeing me and just the word choice... It was so genuine. And that is when I felt so proud. And first time in my life I felt proud and happy for someone else who my boyfriend just complimented. That is when I knew real friendship does exist. I don't know how you felt but for me, you were a true friend and... as I told, I felt horrible for what happened between me and Jared effected our friendship as well. But... now I understand why..."

I saw her shrug from the corner of my eyes then taking a deep breath, she seemed like she is done talking but moments later she continued.

"You loved him all along... I know under all that "cool boy" layer there is a vulnerable lost soul who you knew and wanted to protect," sighing as she turned onto the highway she continued. "I never really got him to open up to me... no matter how hard I tried, there was always that last glass wall I couldn't break through. Maybe that was one of the reasons I... found refuge in someone else... I knew he would never open up to me fully. Years we have been going out, he never mentioned me anywhere, he never posted one photo of us, and asked the same from me. So when I saw the picture on the jet... he hugged you from behind; I just knew it."

Listening quietly her words did calm me in some weird way, but still that feeling of uncertainty sat in my stomach from her words.

"When I met you last year... I was so happy to see you and knowing that you were still in touch with Jared, I knew the only way we could be in good again if I apologize to him. I knew his peace is the way to your heart. That's all I wanted."

I was speechless.

I needed time to let it all sink in, thinking of all the years we spent as friends. How she was my first and last friend and how she is right... How I projected all my hate on her on behalf of Jared, basically. How I never wanted to hear her out.

We arrived to my place twenty minutes later, none of us saying another word.

I felt tired and confused, my heart want to just talk to her and hug her, but my mind fought hard to keep it cool and stay suspicious, because I trusted people so much and I had to learn the hard way that I should not believe everything one says.

Getting out of the car I licked my lips nervously.

"Thank you..." I whispered.

I felt like the biggest looser in the whole wide world. Who told being a girlfriend of a rockstar is fun? Lynn should see me now.

"No problem..." she smiled.

I looked towards my apartment as tears started to fall again, for no reason... or maybe for all the reasons.

"Can I... come in?" she asked and I bit my lips then just shook my head.

"No... no... I'm sorry..." I sniffled.

"It's okay... just... promise me one thing. Well, two. You go straight to sleep... and message me in the morning."

I nodded then walked away.

Arriving to my apartment, I did as was told, throwing myself onto the bed, fully clothed, I passed out immediately.

Next morning, I woke up with a head ache, a belly ache and on top of all that I felt so ashamed.

Checking my phone I had four missed calls from Jared, two from Shannon, and a message from Jared:

J❣️:

"Call me!!!"

Another message from Lynn,

Lynn:

"Hey! Everything ok? Jared messaged me if I talked to you yesterday. What's up? havent heard from u in ages!"

Another message on facebook from Lily,

Lily J. Sannders

"Hi, Larry was asking about you from Oliver. He is on it, everything will be delt with by Monday, don't worry."

I growled, throwing my phone down, hugging my pillow.

I hate to be in the center of attention of any kind, but this was probably the worst.

Before I answered to anyone I went to take a long bath with some music and lemon water, wanting nothing more than to disappear.

Meanwhile, forgetting that people could see that I saw the message, my phone was blowing up in the bedroom; I could hear every message sound and call but I just turned the music louder, sinking into the water more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 671 47
One night in mid-90's L.A., Jane meets two brothers in a diner. A series of simple decisions ends up turning her life on its ear while she tries to...
11.7K 432 45
This is a story about a girl named Julie. A chick who had wealth, cars & no worries. One thing was missing, love. Two men would come into her life...
7.6K 222 32
Shannon Leto fanfic. The last chapter of this story was written with @Galaxycollector.
3.2K 85 13
A pretty girl from Seattle gets a life changing phone call after bumping into a Leto brother years ago. The jobs challenging, but not nearly as chall...