Project Coffee

By olyanj

Katie and Alex, a world of difference between the two of them. Katie holding down the fort at home with her... More

nulla
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi

xxi

93 7 0
By olyanj

    Alex closes the bedroom window after entering but not before a winter breeze sneaks in and sends the cold air wafting around my room.

  "Why do I feel like I'm going to need to explain myself?"His laugh sounds throughout my room,making me realize how serious I was and how light hearted he was.

   "How much trouble did you get into?"I ask him while we stand a yard apart.

  "None."He shrugs slyly to which I cross my arms over my chest and squint.I purse my lips and wait for him to actually tell the truth"Detention, three days."He confesses shrugging yet again.

  "Why'd you do it?"I ask my eyes following him in a locked gaze as he moves to sit on the chair by my desk.

   "Doesn't matter."He shrugs, I drop my gaze to where his hands rested, the bruises on his knuckle nearly make me shiver from how deadly it looked.

  "He nearly beat the crap out of you!"I argue looking back at his face, completely bewildered by how calm he was.

  "I like to think I did him worse."Alex jokes.

"Why do you constantly get into fights?"I ask him,"It's like you enjoy inflicting and receiving pain."

"Maybe I like watching you get stressed about it."The humor in his tone is vacant while his eyes watch me while I take a seat on the edge of my bed."Hell,I might at well spend every day getting beat if it meant to watch you get ticked."He laughs.

"Screw yourself."I laugh grabbing my pillow and throwing it in his direction.My poor aim skills make the pillow dive past him but before it lands he outstretches his hand and grabs it.

"I'd rather have you screw me instead."He smirks throwing the pillow back with less force then I threw it but being sure to hit me in the chest before the pillow falls into my lap.

"Keep dreaming."I laugh throwing the pillow back at him,but this time the pillow almost landed farther away from him before he caught it.

  "You have seriously bad aim."Alex laughs flinging the pillow back and hitting me the same as it did the first time he threw it.

"And you have a seriously bashed up face"I retort"we both have problems."I finish before tossing the pillow back so far that instead of being anywhere near him it hit my closet door.

"At least I let myself get bashed,you on the other hand have naturally bad aim."

"What do you mean you let yourself get bashed?"I asked feeling like Alex just told me something he shouldn't have.

"Sometimes standing up for yourself is worse then a black eye."He shrugs the playful fight atmosphere between us withering into nothingness and bringing about this cold and tense air.

"Alex,whats-"

The knock on my door keeps me from questioning him any further.His eyes go wide at the knock as do mine.And suddenly the tension in the room seems to grow.Like someone through a dynamite and we were waiting for it to explode.

"Who is that?"Alex whispers standing up as do I.

"Quickly,"I hiss."Hide in the closet."I order in a low voice.

"Katie, you in there?"Freddie from behind the door."Katie?"

"Yeah, I'm here."I respond in a haste.

"Then open the door!"Freddie says knocks on the door.

"Hold on. I'm-"I think for a second watching as Alex steps into my closet and starts closing the door."I'm naked"I yell out freaking out. The devilish look on Alex's face brings me back and makes me realize just what I said.I feel the skin around my jaws heat up as a blush begins to crawl up my face.

"Can you hurry?"Freddie asks seemingly being his impatient self.

"Hold on"I yell out making sure to close the closet door before opening my bedroom door."What do you want?"I ask being clear to project my annoyance.

"I was planning on ordering Chinese."He says holding up his phone while his eyes scan my room as if he was searching for something- or better yet, someone.

"What do you want me to do about it?"I ask knowing fully well Freddie wouldn't tell me this on a regular day.We practically had take out every other day.He knew what I ordered and he knew I didn't care where he ordered from:

  "I'm planning on leaving to meet up with the guys soon."He says."I'm leaving after dinner, I just wanted make sure you were okay."He says his eyes again scanning my room as if what he was looking for would randomly pop up.

"I'm fine."I smile "is that all?"I ask.

"Yeah, no.  Where you talking to someone?"He asks out of the blue.of course he heard me bickering with Alex.

"No,your hearing okay?"I ask easing an eyebrow at him.

  "It sounded like you were."Freddie says before stepping away from my door.

  "I need to finish my chem assignment."I say."Call me when the foods here."I smile before closing the door practically in his face.

I wait to hear him going down the steps before saying another word.

"You can come out now."I plop myself down on my bed and wait for him.When he doesn't open the door I feel my palms become sweaty.what was taking him so long?did he get stuck between hangers?what if he found my panties?Gross.

  I shake those thoughts away before I find myself with the closet doorknob in my hand.

"What are you doing?"I ask Alex who had his backyard turned to me.

"I found something."He says turning around holding whatever he was talking about behind him.

"What did you find?"I ask backing away from him to put some space between us.

He brings his hands forward letting me see the small blue shoe box in his hands.The cardboard box looks so frail and broken in his hands.

"I didn't know you kept it."He says still
looking down at the dumb box.

"I forgot all about it."I respond watching him place the box on my desk before shaking open the lid.

"I remember this."He laughs pulling out a green ribbon."You'd were it every day."

"And you'd pull it off everyday"I laugh remembering all the times I had to redo my bow because Alex thought it was fun to undo it.

"Come here."He gestures holding the ribbon with both hands.  I comply without hesitating.

  "Want me to do it?"I ask when he walks behind me and stands close enough next to me, for me to be able to feel the heat radiating off his body.

"Let me, "Alex brushes my hand off before fiddling with my ponytail.

"Are you done yet?"I ask after what feels like five minutes of just standing there.

"Yeah, just hold on a second."He says when I feels in lightly tug on my hair."There."He breaths standing back.

"Its a little lopsided, but still."Alex chuckled.

"It's-"I couldn't find the right word to call it. It's a bow on my head, what was I supposed to call it?I turn to look at him hopping he had the answer but instead it was my voice I heard."Perfect."I breath looking up at him.

"I know."He whispers before leaning forward and placing his lips on my forehead.

"Alex."I step away my fingers brushing over where his lips were.

  "Don't worry, Katie."He ushers taking a step closer."Just friends, remember?"He asks like it were a promise.

"Just friends."I respond letting him lean in close while I mimicked his actions.

"Just friends."I breath in once more before the distance between us closes...

hey guys!hope you enjoyed this chapter! As you all might have figured out already: Alex and Katie used to be friends before Alex began to grow distant and severed the bond they held!

And I myself enjoy keeping little keepsakes that remind me of better days because it's a nice little memory and helps me go on through the day.And I am pretty sure I'm not the only one that keeps keepsakes.So I've decided to pass this trait onto Katie would be nice.The box and memory itself don't really mean anything unless you're one of those "back to the future" type folks but the box is a bit more sentimental and displays two pals being-well pals really.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Also I decided a while back I would be doing a soundtrack for Project coffee because it's a cute idea.But everytime I find a song for the soundtrack I end up forgetting it so I've decided I would add the songs into the chapters.So if you see a video displayed that is why.It isn't mandatory for you to play the song while you read but the song may or may not foreshadow what's about to go down in the chapter or upcoming chapters so...

And if you guys would like to comment below songs you want to see or hear on the sound track be sure to let me know so I could feature it in a chapter or something. Lol

This a/n is getting super long and annoying omg

Be ready for the next chapter and I'll ttyl

With love -
Oly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...
133K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
399K 10.3K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
739K 23.2K 47
[TW: This book contains strong language and scenes that others may find uncomfortable to read. | Also note that this was made by a 13-year-old so don...