Catching Charlie

By poppy0402

Charlie; a little girl who desperately needed catching. Leo, Oscar and Atlas; her three older brothers who aw... More

Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36

14

76.9K 1.8K 1.1K
By poppy0402

Damien leaned back into his chair inspecting the pathetic man in-front of him.

"You spoke to her ?" He asked though it was more like a statement, the man nodded slightly "our interaction was short , she looks so much like her it's cra-".

"ENOUGH" Damien boomed violently placing his glass of whiskey on to the table , it was a miracle it didn't smash .

Damien leaned forward smirking devilishly at the mans obvious fear. He ran the tip of his tongue over his front teeth , he loved the fear no he craved it .

"You will not speak of her unless you want a bullet in your skull " he grinned maniacally , "I can make that happen Dimitri , it only takes a second " he added in a taunting whisper .

The man, Dimitri nodded sheepishly scurrying back in his seat. "Now" Damien started , composing himself a little "What else happened , you didn't frighten my little dove did you ?".

Dimitri gulped shaking his head drastically, "she was hesitant to come out but after I showed her a picture of her mother , Miria-"

Before the man could finish a loud bang resonated through the room , seconds later his dead corpse laid lifeless on the floor , blood gushing out of his wounded head .

Damien placed his gun onto the glass table in front of him . Sighing in content, he inhaled the toxic smoke of his cigar not bothering to look down at his victim .

"Stupido Scemo" he muttered clicking his fingers harshly to gain the attention of his men , " Affronta questo" .

His men followed the orders not bothering to question their bosses actions.

Damien finished off the content in his glass running his fingers along his sharp jaw .

" oh Principessa, guarda Cosa mi hai fatto fare ".

"Charlie sit still " Atlas ordered trying desperately to finish off the little braid he had created with his sister crazy hair.

"Atty you're pulling " the five year old whined  squirming away from her brother , Atlas sighed pulling the little girl onto his lap and placing a kiss onto her temple .

"I'm sorry little one just let me finish this and then I'll read you a story " he spoke gently into her ear.

Both Leo and Oscar were out meaning Atlas held the responsibility of putting the child to bed.

Once Atlas was done he turned her little body around admiring his work , "pretty girl " he smiled playfully pulling at one of the braids making Charlie huff .

"Go chose a book monkey , nothing to long " he mumbled lifting her down from the bed .

Charlie eagerly ran over to her little library, it was quite impressive holding all sorts of books from fairytales to adventure stories .

Running her little finger along the spines of each book she stopped at her absolute favourite.

"Cinderella"

Something about this book fascinated Charlie , she adored the main characters kindness and strength. Qualities she hoped she'd pick up as he grew older.

Running back over to the bed Charlie not so gracefully climbed back up placing herself onto Atals's lap .

He took the book nodding in approval and then opened it in-front of her , each of his arms placed either side of the little girl .

"Once upon a time , there lived a young girl named Ella " Atlas started to read placing his head on top of Charlie's little one .

"As a babe Ella's mother had fallen ill leaving the young girl in the care of her father " .

Charlie flinched at that line

The book had been read to the girl hundreds of times before but that was when her mumma was there to read it .

Atlas noticed his baby sisters discomfort immediately recognising why. He placed a gentle kiss to the top of her head and held the book with one hand using his other to soothingly rub her tummy .

Once the book was done the little girl wrapped up in Atlas's arms was almost asleep .

"Cinderella has no mummy like us " Charlie mumbled tiredly, using her brothers chest as a pillow .

Atlas sighed stroking her hair gently , " go to sleep little one " he whispered lovingly .

"Why is her mummy gone too ?" Charlie questioned, her eyes slowly closing with utter exhaustion.

"I don't know Charlie , it's sleepy time now" her older brother answered , her painful words now hurting him too.

"I miss mummy" Charlie croaked out before falling into a deep sleep .

Atlas looked down at his little sister with pained eyes .

"Me too baby, me too".

Oscar gulped down a good amount of his cold beer looking over to the nearest clock with a frown .

His August was late.

Oscar couldn't help but worry , the tiny boy didn't seem like the kind of person to arrive late and offer no sort of notice .

What if something had happened to him ? 

He didn't want any perverts drooling over his precious boy , he was gorgeous after all .

Frustrated with all the thoughts now crowding his head Oscar picked up his phone pressing onto August's contact name.

The phone rang for a few seconds before a quaint little voice answered .

"Hello?" The sweet boy spoke making Oscar immediately smile.

"Darling you're not here , please tell me as to why that is " Oscars tone held both concern and disappointment.

Had he done something wrong to upset the little angel ?

Waiting for an answer Oscar could practically feel August squirm with discomfort.

"I can't-" August started weakly , not wanting to say what he was about to say , "I can't see someone who's already in a relationship. I c-can't be a home wrecker Oscar , I just can't . I h-hope you , your husband and your daughter have an amazing life together. You're a very beautiful family , I wish you the best of luck ".

Before Oscar could reply the line went dead .

"The fuck?" Oscar mumbled in confusion having no clue to what his little angel was talking about .

Then it hit him.

His silly little angel .

Charlie and Rowan yesterday, he had obviously seen them and got the wrong idea . Groaning in frustration Oscar placed the money down for his drink and then grabbed his coat .

He ran out into the street hailing over a cab , somewhere August and told him the name of the building he lived in , not the door number but the building name was good enough.

Meanwhile August sat at home cuddled up onto his sofa watching his favourite movie, sixteen candles .

He pouted sadly taking a sip of his warm tea wanting nothing more that to be with Oscar , but that would be wrong .

Never could he date a taken man , he had been cheated on before and it was simply unbearable.

August turned his attention back to the movie watching for another twenty minutes before a loud knock came from the other side of the door .

Wrapping his fluffy blanket around him August shuffled over to the door nervously opening it .

There stood Oscar .

"Found you " he whispered before gently pulling August forward and placing his lips on to August's plump ones .

The kiss was beautiful , never had August been touched so gently .

Pulling back Oscar gripped August's waist and picked him up , August instinctively wrapping his short legs around the tall mans waist.

"This is wrong " August mumbled as Oscar walked into the boys sweet little apartment kicking the front door shut from behind him .

"August darling , you have no idea what you're talking about " Oscar spoke walking over to the sofa and then placing the boy gently down .

He looked to the tv smiling in amusement, "sixteen candles ?" He teased earning a cute little glare .

"It's my favourite " August defended reaching for the remote to pause the film .

"You made me sad tonight Angel " Oscar spoke sitting in-front of the small boy on the coffee table.

August frowned , it was never his in attention to hurt anyone infact he didn't show in order to prevent people from getting hurt .

"Oscar you have a partner, I could never get in the way of that " the small boy mumbled sadly.

Oscar let out a fond chuckle shaking his head, "baby what you saw was my best friend and my little sister. You, my silly little angel are the only one I'm interested in."

August's eyes widened slightly, he wanted to die right there.

Grabbing a pillow he buried his head into it in utter embarrassment, "I'm such an idiot." he squeaked out .

"You're not an idiot August." Oscar spoke fondly placing his hand on his knee reassuringly.

"Yes I am, I'm so sorry. I understand if you want to leave." August mumbled letting out a little shriek when the pillow was suddenly ripped away.

"Do you really think I'd leave after knocking on every single door in this building in order to find you, hmm? "

"After worrying to death when you didn't show up that your clumsy self didn't somehow get hurt  or accidentally wonder into some dangerous alleyway. "

"After just sharing that unbelievably amazing kiss with you with you. Even if it only lasted a couple of seconds."

"August I am absolutely infatuated with you, and I wish you could see that." Oscar spoke caressing August's blushed cheek .

"I-I'm infatuated with you too." August whispered back .

"Come here." Oscar smiled wrapping the boy up in his strong arms, "I'm sorry I ruined our date." August apologised.

Oscar shook his head dismissively sitting down on the sofa with August still in his arms, "We can have it any time my love , I'm just happy I'm here with you."

August smiled up at him pecking his cheek , "Do you want to finish the movie?" He asked shyly.

Oscar nodded holding the boy close, this was perfect .

The next day Leo had promised to take Charlie out for a walk and some lunch , he had grown suspicious of his little sister ever since she had gotten back from shopping with Oscar .

She was being more jumpy than usual , finding the slightest movement alarming.

"You're being quiet baby girl " he broke the silence as they walked hand in hand down the little park lane .

Charlie didn't respond , the little girl couldn't get the strange mans words out of her head .

"You don't know how much you're worth "

What did he mean by that ?

And why did he have a picture of her mumma ?

Suddenly the walking stopped as Leo kneeled down in front of her .

He didn't say anything, the older brother simply stared into little Charlie's eyes with nothing but concern .

The next thing he did was place the palm of his hand on her forehead to check for a possible temperature.

"What are you hiding ?" He mumbled more to himself than to her .

Charlie really didn't want to tell Leo about the strange man , there was no doubt he'd be angry at her and he already seemed stressed enough .

Taking a deep breath Charlie finally opened her mouth in order to speak , "Leo ?" She questioned quietly.

"Yes Darling " Leo answered straight away grabbing one of her little hands in his large ones .

"Do I look like mumma ?"

Leo nodded slightly , Charlie was a little replica of their mother .

She was a beautiful women .

"Why do you ask baby ?"

"Because that's what the man told me yesterday ".

A/N

Little surprise update for you guys as you're all so amazing and got catching Charlie to over fifteen thousand reads!!

I hope you guys like this chapter as things get more serious and Damien comes into play a little more

I'm sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes :(

Also I'm really sorry if any of the Italian translations are wrong , please feel free to correct me !!!

Please feel free to comment or vote if you've enjoyed !!

Lots of love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 63.3K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
41.1K 1.1K 70
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
229K 6.2K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
785K 25.3K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...