Forever Bonded [DreamSwap]

By DistortedNightmare

For years Dream has hunted down Nightmare to ride of negativity forever. Only thing in his way from doing thi... More

Chapter 1 - The Greater Meme
Chapter 2 - Back Here Again
Chapter 3 - Broken Bond
Chapter 4 - Anger Management
Chapter 5 - Memories
Chapter 6 - Is It So Wrong?
[A/N] H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N
[A/N] What....
Chapter 7 - For What It's Worth
-Art Gallery-
Chapter 8 - Plan C
Chapter 9 - The Chase Is On
Chapter 10 - Betrayal
Chapter 11 - "Im Still Standin'"
Chapter 12 - He's Obsessed
Chapter 14 - Nightmare And The Creepypastas
Chapter 15 - Partners
[A/N] - Random (aye, thanks)
[A/N] - Update on whats going on
[A/N] - Cover Update
Chapter 16 - The End...?
Chapter 17 - Madness
- VOTING -
-Cover Winner-
Chapter 18 - "Sucking Face"
Chapter 19 - Anger and Fear
Chapter 20 - Power Fueled By Rage
{A/N} -one shots
[A/N] - Happy Halloween!

Chapter 13 - Unexpected Encounters

2K 95 40
By DistortedNightmare

Error ran as far as he could to get away, he had to get away. He couldn't stay there anymore...not with him
He kept running until he finally ran out of breath and fell to his knees. He pants, trying to regain his strength, but he only begins to silently weep. He didn't want to go back...he couldn't go back…
He jumps as he hears the sound of thunder roar through the sky, and it starts to rain. He sighs in disappointment, letting himself get soaked as he refused to stand up. He'd been running for two days now...it's no use anymore…

Maybe… He should just give up…

Suddenly, he doesn't feel the drops of rain, as a shadow hovers over him. His eyes open as he looks up. His eyes widen, seeing an umbrella above him. He slightly looks down, seeing a person kneeling in front of them, holding the umbrella. He had black hair, his eyes were a royal purple, and his cape was purple as well. He seemed to have some sort of crown with a crescent engraved into it on his head. He stared at Error with worry and confusion.

"What are you doing out here in the rain…?" Error only stared at him, not sure if he could trust him...he seemed nice.

"Who are you?" Error asked. The character seemed to look away for a second before looking back at him.

"My name is Nightmare. What's your name?"

"Error."

"Well, Error, do you want to stay with me and my friend…? You don't seem to have any other place to go." Error's eyes widened. He would take in a stranger…?
Nightmare holds out his hand for Error to take. Error hesitates due to his phobia, but something inside him tells him he can put his trust in him. Something tells him that Nightmare was running from something, just like him.

Error takes his hand, and Nightmare pulls him up. Error holds onto his shoulder for balance. Nightmare, realizing how weak Error is right now, helps him keep his balance, as they begin to walk.

What Error didn't expect at this time was for Nightmare to become his closest and dearest friend.

He wouldn't be ready for the day Nightmare is brutally taken from him.
Him and Cross both.

Cross paces back and forth, worried about Error and where he could be. He's been gone for more than two hours! Finally, Cross makes a decision.

"Ari!" He calls, "I'm going out to find Error!" He starts making his way to the door when Error comes flying through it, slamming it behind him. Cross stares at him, shocked.

"Where the hell were you!?" Error looks up at Cross, his eyes show panic.

"I-I um...got lost is all." Error sets down the backpack at the wall before making his way to the bathroom and locking the door.

"Error!?"

Error takes a few deep breaths, looking at himself through the mirror. He really shouldn't have been talking to Ink...what if he tells Dream!? Error turns the handle on the sink. He takes off his glasses and splashes water into his face.

God, what was he thinking…

Error walks over to the shower, turning it on as he thought.

"You're not going to tell Dream right…!?"

"I don't feel like it." Ink states, leaning against the wall of a building. Error sighs in relief, but he knows Ink is kinda a mystery box, so you can't always trust what he says.

"So what are you doing out here in the rain?"

"Heh, could ask you the same, glasses."
Error growls.

"Don't call me that, soulless…"

Error begins to strip down, hopping into the now warm shower. He sighs, washing his face.

Ink scoffs, looking to the side, thinking.

"So," he starts, looking back at Error. "Did you guys find Nightmare?" Errors eyes widen at the question, does Ink know he's probably alive?

"No…" Error replies, "don't get why you would care."

"Oh, I don't. Just thought I'd ask." Error glares at him, letting out a sigh.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Dream?"

"It's my break."

"Uh-huh…"

Error begins to wash his hair as he thought some more. If he was being honest...Ink wasn't too bad to talk to… Yes, he is a dick, but when push comes to shove, he's actually pretty pleasant.

"So, I'm guessing that stuff in your bag isn't actually yours right?" Ink says with a smirk on his face. Errors eyes widen as he looks back at his bag.

"U-um…."

"Geez, no need for you to get all nervous. Next time you decide to take something though, mind getting me some more art pencils?" Error looks back up at him, confused. Ink rolls his eyes. "Look, I'm running out of materials and I don't feel like paying for new stuff. I'd immediately get caught if I try it. Then I'd get my ass beat by the boss."

"Dream?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Error lets out a chuckle.

Once Error was done, he turns off the shower and hops out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around himself. It was that moment when he realized he didn't bring in any clothes with him, and sighs.

"Cross!"

It takes a while for Cross to respond. "Yes..?"

"Can you bring in my clothes?"

"Yup."

Moments later, Error hears a knock and slightly opens the door, taking the clothes and shutting it once again. He begins to change into them. He lets out a sigh before walking out of the bathroom. The first thing he sees is Cross leaning against the wall. They make eye contact with each other.

"What happened…" Cross asks, knowing Error very well.

"Nothing happened."

"But-"

"Cross I'd rather not talk about it."

Cross stays silent.
Error sighs once again before making his way to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Ink walks down the hallways of the JR headquarters making his way into Dream’s office. He finally arrived and heads inside. Seeing Dream at his desk.

"Any new reports on where Nightmare is…?"
Ink scoffs.

"No."

"How was your break, do anything interesting for once? Other than causing mayhem?"

Ink thinks then smiles.

"Yeah, guess you can say that."

After speaking to Dream, he's back on the job, thing is though...he didn't feel like doing what he was told to do. Why? Just because. Ink instead walks through the hallways of the JR, making his way to his sleeping quarters. It was then when he heard the pitter-patter of an animal, running up from behind. Looking behind him, he sees Champ the husky, Dreams dog.
Champ continues to follow Ink, smiling it seems. Ink simply scoff and comes to a stop, turning towards the dog.

"What?"

Champ barks at him, sitting down and wagging his tail. He seemed excited for some reason Ink couldn't figure out. Ink rolls his eyes. "I'm not playing fetch with you if that's what you're hoping."

"Well, that isn't too nice to say to a dog, Ink."

Champs smile fades as he growls at the person standing behind Ink. Ink turns and sees Blue in all of his glory. "Shouldn't you be off trying to find Nightmare?"

"Could ask you the same."

Ink glares at him, knowing he's right.

"Why are you here...?

"To see angel boy of course."

"The boss?"

Blue rolls his eyes, "Yes, whatever."

"He's busy." A smirk appears on Blue's lips.

"Well, he's going to have to make time...because I have some news for him..." Blue pushes past Ink, causing Inks eyes to widen as he follows Blue.
Dream was working on some papers when his office door came flying open. he turns and glares at Blue in the door frame.

"This better be important, Blue." he spat. Blues smirk only grew more.

"Oh but it is."

"I found him...my lord...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 3.8K 41
Starts with Nightmare being a starter king and founding his teammates; Dust, Error, Horror, Killer and Cross. Nightmare promised them a better life t...
74.3K 2.3K 14
Hiya! I'm Bluey, and this is my first story. -×- About this story: Error is the forced God of Destruction, but an adorably innocent/clueless glitch...
23.6K 1.4K 14
Nightmare has grown weary of the constant strife between himself and his brother. Every time he manages to fuel the ever-persistent need for negativi...
237 13 1
The right thing to do: everyone has their definition of right and wrong. Should you always follow your morals? Or is sometimes the right thing to do...