Everlasting Requiem [BoyxBoy]

By LFMH021

Everyone in Seirin wonders why Kuroko Tetsuya cannot refuse any of the Generation of Miracles - especially hi... More

Everlasting Requiem
Chapter Two!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four!
Chapter Five!
Chapter Six!
Chapter Seven!
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine!
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter 17
Untitled Part 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Fourteen

3.2K 115 105
By LFMH021

Here’s another chapter for all of you! Please enjoy!

Chapter Fourteen:

“I’m leaving now. I don’t know what time I’ll be back.” Kazuhiko bade and put on his coat.

“Where are you heading this time?” Nuriko curiously asked.

Kuroko silently cut the bandage around his brother’s leg and glanced sideways towards his father.

“Is it done, Tetsuya?” His brother asked.

He blinked and nodded.

Takumi smiled and ruffled his younger brother’s hair. “I bet you want to separate with us now, having a father like him.” He murmured.

The phantom player shook his head. “Father might be difficult to handle but whenever I think about how you and mother still care about me—I’m still happy that I am a Kuroko.”

“How are your injuries, by the way? You have a game today right? Will they be alright?”

“I think and hope so.” Kuroko whispered.

“Takumi, let’s go now. You have a schedule with your doctor for today.” Nuriko called out.

Tetsuya stood up and pushed his brother’s wheelchair towards his mother. “Be careful on your way.”

SHUT!

Nuriko eyed the door Kauzhiko just closed and kissed her younger son’s cheek. “We’ll be back on the before 7 in the evening. Be careful and don’t let any stranger come in. Don’t talk to strangers.”

Kuroko made a face. “Mom, I’m not a 5 year old boy anymore.”

Nuriko smiled ruefully. “After you told us about what happened a year and half ago; I started questioning my decisions about leaving you alone seldomly when we have work.”

Kuroko raised his hands. “Please. Don’t even think about home-working. I’ll be fine.”

“Alright, I trust you. Be careful.”

They all gasped when Kauzhiko slammed open the door. “HURRY, YOU SLOWPOKES! I NEED TO MEET HELDEN!”

“H-Helden Nomaki?” Kuroko repeated and frowned.

“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” Kazuhiko collared his son and met his eyes.

“No…none.”

Kazuhiko let Tetsuya go. “Good. LET’S GO, THIS MEETING IS IMPORTANT!”

Kuroko’s father dragged his wife and older son outside and slammed the door.

Kuroko placed his plate, bowl, and drink on the table and opened the lights in the dining room.

He stared at the lonely dining table. He’ll eat alone, again, today. He’ll be alone, again, today. He’ll be lonely, again, today. He glanced at the picture on the table in the living room.

It’s a picture of him with his family. When his father still hasn’t met the Nomakis. And when his brother still wasn’t pressured with a lot of work. It was when everything was just normal and they enjoy every moment.

Kuroko approached it, lifted it and then the glass on top of the picture of the picture frame slowly was filled with drops…drops of tears.

He then looked at his phone with tears blinding him… “Have I ever told anyone how lonely I am? I haven’t, have I?”

He looked at his cellphone’s wallpaper of him with Akashi. “Sei-kun? Do you hate me for being so melodramatic? For bothering you all the time? For being a nuisance? For being Kuroko Tetsuya?”

~LFMH021~

Kise hesitantly knocked on the door of their gym’s door.

He gasped when he suddenly heard it slam.

“YOU’RE LATE!” His team’s captain yelled. He tried searching for Aomine’s hand which is supporting him all this time when Kasamatsu grabbed his arm and pulled him inside the gym.

“Hey, wait! Don’t—“ Aomine started and followed behind.

Kasamatsu ---Kise just knows it’s him—placed his hands on top of the yellow-head’s shoulders and shook him. “Open your eyes, Kise! You’re already late and you dare to close your eyes to try not looking into my angry eyes.” He accused.

The copycat shakily laughed. “I-I can’t, Kasamatsu-senpai.”

“What do you mean, you can’t? Open your eyes, Kise!” Kasamatsu yelled.

“Stop being so pushy and he already said he can’t and he literally can’t.” Aomine gambled and covered the already-closed eyes of Kise.

“Tsk. Stop kidding with us. Time to start practicing, Kise. Open your eyes and change your clothes already.”

Kise sighed with a smile, easily removed Aomine’s hands which are covering his eyes and then lifted his chin. “Alright, I’ll open my eyes.”

Kise slowly opened his eyes and saw nothing. Nothing but darkness.

The whole team of Kaijo became speechless. Everyone froze. Everyone became quiet. Everyone couldn’t believe his eyes.

Their ace’s eyes don’t portray anything emotion. They’re so dark and you could easily say that they don’t or can’t even perceive light or colors.

“W-What happened?” Their coach mumbled.

Aomine closed the yellow-head’s eyes before messing the copycat’s hair. “A bottle of chemical for photo printing dropped from on top of the shelves onto his eyes when it suddenly opened. The chemical was too much for his eyes that it burnt some of his eyes’ nerves which also made him…blind…We’re currently waiting for anyone that would donate his eyes for him.” Aomine explained and gave Kise the ball which is beside his foot.

“Blind?” Kasamatsu repeated.

“Yeah.” Aomine muttered and looked at the dribbling without eyes Kise.

“Will his blindness stay forever?” One of Kise’s teammates murmured.

“I hope it doesn’t.” Kise, himself, answered.

He heard some of the second strings mumbling their disappointments and some are whispering how their team would be if he would not play in the upcoming games.

Kise sadly smiled. “I’m so sorry for being useless, minna. I told you that I would do better and make you proud in making me your ace…but here I am, blind and worthless. How will I use perfect copy when I couldn’t even know who my opponent is? I think from now on, I deserve to be on the third strings.” Kise apologized.

“We never said that we would stop believing that you are our ace just because you became unable to see. We’re not that kind of team, Kise. We’re fighting as a team ion our games, so we’re fighting as a team in waiting for your recovery. We’ll wait, even if we already graduated, we’ll still wait for your recovery.” Kasamatsu smacked the yellow-eyed’s head and grinned.

Aomine cleared his throat.

“Oh, you still exist?” Kasamatsu demanded with insulting tone.

Aomine frowned. “I will let that slip. The reason why we’re here is because I want to excuse Kise from today’s practice. Today is Seirin practice game against Awase High and if we weren’t there…something might happen that we’ll regret.”

Kasamatsu passed the ball in his hands towards one of the second strings’ member and the latter shoot it. “Something you’ll regret?”

Aomine looked at his watch. “Tetsu’s life is in danger.” He mumbled.

“What time is it, Aominecchi?” Kise asked with serious tone.

“It’s already 8. Their match will start on 8:30, so it’ll be better if we go now.” Aomine replied and took Kise’s arm. “We’ll get going now.”

“Wait--!” Kasamatsu wasn’t able to stop the two as the latter ran as fast as they could. “Tetsu? Kuroko Tetsuya? Life? In danger? What--?”

LFMH021

Kuroko looked at his current light which is beside him.

Kagami blinked and looked back. “What?” He demanded.

Kuroko looked at his eyes before blinking twice. “You weren’t able to sleep again?”

Kagami looked away, guilty.

“Are you a kid?” Kuroko accused.

“Wha--?!”

“Why are you getting excited over something like this?” Kuroko asked and put on one of his wristbands.

“Well, I love basketball, that’s why.” Kagami enthusiastically replied and saw a glimpse of some scars on the blue-head’s wrists. “Are those cuts or just wounds?”

Kuroko looked up before looking at his wrists. “Both.”

“Isn’t the one who tried to kill you one of Awase’s members?” Kagami queried, took a ball and dribbled it.

“He is. He’s that one. And his boss is technically that one.” Our phantom player pointed at both Isshin and Kentarou.

“Ah, so they’re the ones we need to beat.” Kagami mumbled and ran towards half of the court. Kuroko tapped his feet on the ground before following behind his light. Kagami passed the ball towards his shadow and jumped before the latter passed it and the red-head dunked it.

“Nice pass!” Kagami exclaimed, raised a fist. Kuroko bumped his own fist with Kagami’s. Kagami took the ball again before turning then stopped. “Aren’t those the members of the Generation of Miracles?”

Kuroko froze before turning as well. On the front bleachers are his former teammates. Even Akashi’s there.

“Let’s go greet them! I want to ask Aomine one on one tomorrow!” Kagami grabbed the blue-head’s arm and dragged him towards the direction he doesn’t want to go to at all.

“Hiya!” Aomine teased at the shadow and light.

“You got time for tomorrow? I want to play a one on one against you; I want to beat you again.” Kagami challenged.

“I think you’re forgetting from whom your shoes came from, Bakagami.” Aomine retorted with a  smirk.

“That’s because you still didn’t ask for the payment, Ahomine.” Kagami countered.

“Ah, so it was Kagamicchi who you were talking to, I didn’t recognize his voice.” Kise muttered with a smile.

Kuroko frowned sadly before reaching for the copycat’s sleeve. “Kise-kun…”

“Kurokocchi!” Kise exclaimed, stood up and slowly hugged the blue-head tightly. “It’s a disappointment I can’t see your face and the way you’ll play.”

“How are your eyes?” Kuroko let the yellow-head hug him because he knows that the latter still hasn’t recovered from the shock of losing his field of vision.

Kise’s smile slowly faded away. “Oh, they’re alright; just kind of useless as of the moment.” He replied with a forced grin.

“I’m so—“

Kise covered Kuroko’s mouth. “NO! Don’t you even dare apologize! Kurokocchi, seriously, why do you think that each of our problems is your fault? I was reckless and careless, so it was basically my fault. Try apologizing and I will never talk to you again.” Kise threatened with a pout.

“I won’t apologize then.” Kuroko said in reply and glanced at the green-head. “Midorima-kun—“

“Takao’s fine. He just needs to stay in the hospital for few days and he’ll fully heal. He has an armored body and an everlasting energy, you don’t need to worry about him. He’s strong.” He cut in with a nod.

“…I see.”

“Starters of each team, please assemble!!!” The referee shouted and whistled.

Kagami stiffened. “Already? Oh well, let’s go, Kuroko.”

“Why didn’t you speak?” Midorima demanded to the short red-head beside him.

Akashi simply re-read the files in his hands as he examined each member of Awase Gakuen. “I don’t like forcing people to talk to me. If he’s going to avoid me, then be it.”

“Be careful, Akachin, you’re turning into a tsundere too; are you already infected by Mido-chin? –OI!—“ Murasakibara commented as he munched his potato chips.

“I’m not turning into a tsundere, Atsushi. I just don’t think that it’s my fault that he’s avoiding me. And it’s not my fault that we’re in this state.” The red-head stated.

“Pride.” Midorima mumbled.

Akashi flinched before glaring at the miracle shooter beside him. “What was that?”

“Pride will bring you down, Akashi. Your pride won’t solve Kuroko’s problem.” The green-head explained.

“He, himself, said that not all his problems are ours.” Akashi countered.

“Who are you fooling, Akashi? And you’re trying to play dumb even though you have files how to defeat the Awase in your hands.” Midorima retorted.

Akashi grimaced before hiding the files in his hands.

“Seirin, can you please call your fifth member, we need to start now!” The referee shouted politely.

Aomine sighed. “It’s a wonder how Tetsu got his misdirection; I would like to have that.”

“Don’t say that when Kurokocchi’s here. He’s not really that proud about being a phantom player. And he doesn’t enjoy being a sacrifice inside a game, he just said that losing is less enjoyable than being a sacrifice.” Kise complained.

Kagami laughed before pointing at his so-called shadow. “He’s here from the very start.”

The referee screamed in surprise before inspecting Kuroko. “Y-You’re really there from the very start?”

The teal-haired teen nodded. “Yes, I was.”

The referee gulped before nodding. “Alright then, whatever, let’s start!”

The game started after the referee blew his whistle and Awase and Seirin fought for the ball.

Kagami got it and dribbled into their opponents’ court.

Akashi’s eyes didn’t miss the way Kuroko run and the way he breathes. “He’s obviously still feeling some pain in his chest and the exhaustion of his legs.” He murmured and narrowed his eyes.

“Aominecchi, is Kurokocchi’s team winning?” Kise asked, squeezing the ace’s hand below his own.

“As of the moment,” Aomine anxiously mumbled.

Ten minutes passed and the second quarter will start after half a minute. With scores of Seirin: 20 and Awase 19.

The referee long-whistled and the game resumed.

Akashi quietly watched as Kuroko face to face Kentarou.

He narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists when he saw what violation Kentarou did. Yes, he saw It but the referee didn’t and he can’t do anything.

Kagami passed it to Kuroko, and the latter passed it back. Kagami made an alley-loop and made another point.

“Seirin’s counter-attacking!” Hayama exclaimed.

Yuuta gritted his teeth before changing marks and went to Kuroko. He smirked and stepped on the phantom player’s foot.

“H-How could they see Kuroko?” Mibuchi mumbled.

“It’s Kentarou, their captain’s, eyes. He has King’s eyes and Kuroko’s misdirection don’t have any effect on him.” Akashi replied.

This time it was Hurio who secretly elbowed the blue-head’s side. The referee didn’t see it.

“You good for nothing referee.” Akashi grunted.

“They’re targeting Tetsu.” Aomine mumbled.

“Kurokocchi…How’s Kurokocchi…?” Kise anxiously demanded.

This time it was Kentarou who grinned and unnoticeably elbowed Kuroko’s stomach. The latter gasped and gasped some drops of blood on the floor.

“STOP THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW!” Akashi, who was not able to stop his anger, snapped.

“But, Akashi Seijuro—“ The referee started.

“Sub number 11, 10, and 5 of Seirin. I, Aomine Daiki and Midorima Shintarou will substitute them.” Akashi instructed.

“But that’s against the rules and—“ The referee began again.

Akashi narrowed his eyes as the three of them stepped on the court. “Any complaints?”

“N-No, of course! Substitution!!!”

Riko quickly took Kagami, Kuroko and Izuki –they were all injured or bruised—out of the court.

Akashi faced Kentarou. Aomine faced Isshin. And the other three to the other three left of Awase.

“You’ll regret messing with us.” Aomine grunted.

Akashi removed his jacket and fixed his messy hair. He exhaled before glancing sideways where the phantom player is. The latter’s currently sweating a lot while sitting on the bench.

When Riko stood up to get the mineral water bottle, Kuroko looked up and caught Akashi’s eyes. The red-head quickly looked away.

“The game will resume in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3…2…---“

“PLEASE WIN, SEI-KUN!” Kuroko, unexpectedly, shouted from the bench.

Akashi’s eyes widened. “Tetsu—“

“1!!!”  The referee threw the ball in the air. Midorima took the ball and started with a long-distance three-pointer.

“The second quarter just started but the atmosphere’s already chilly!” One of the announcers commented.

“Another three-pointer by Midorima Shintarou of Shutoku! Looks like he’s fired up!”

Kiyoshi got the ball from Aomine and passed it towards Akashi. The latter received it perfectly and started running towards their opponents’ court. Kentarou blocked him. Akashi continued dribbling before activating his emperor eyes. “No one must ever dare to look at my eyes without my consent.” He muttered and made Kentarou fall on the ground without using force. The red-head passed by Awase’s captain and shoot the ball in the hoop. “And no one hurts Tetsuya before facing me!”

He took the ball again and passed it to Aomine. The latter received it and faced to face Isshin. “It was truly your plan all along, wasn’t it? What happened with Kise’s eyes and what happened to Takao; they were all part of your plan, weren’t they?”

Isshin narrowed his eyes and tried stealing the ball.

Aomine smirked before making a freestyle throw.  “You’ll pay for it. You’ll pay for making Kise cry. You’ll pay for being who you are right now.”

LFMH021

The King’s eyes could see things normal people don’t, but an emperor’s eyes are still stronger, so like what Akashi concluded, Seirin –due to their help—won against Awase. In their mysterious ways, Akashi, Aomine and Midorima were able to take their revenge and also beat Awase members by making unseen fouls. The three of them learned it from Mibuchi who was sitting right behind them the whole first quarter. Well, he didn’t actually gave it willingly but taught the three anyway after Akashi threatened him; a threat you won’t want to hear.

“Could we ask all the members of Seirin High School to assemble here to take a picture for Sports Magazine’s new cover?” The photographer instructed.

Kuroko stood beside Kagami while holding his still-aching stomach. He tried his best to even make a small smile as lights flash as the photographer smiled.

After some interview, Akashi grabbed his school jacket and started putting it on.

Kuroko watched silently as his own teammates bade farewell to one another. Even Kagami patted his head and bade farewell and a see you. The blue-head doesn’t know if he should follow someone and ask that someone if he could go home with him, it’s embarrassing and quite uncharacter for him.

He was about to grab his current light’s back but he covered his mouth and tried not to cough again or else he’ll gasp blood again.

All the audience is leaving and used the back gate. His teammates are heading towards the locker room and Awase members already left. He has no one to call upon.

“Waah! Didn’t think you’ll play with Akachin and Minechin, Mido-chin.” Murasakibara commented and passed by the phantom player.

“I didn’t plan to actually. I was just forced to.” Midorima replied and passed by Kuroko.

“Stop being a tsundere, Midorimacchi.” Kise teased, holding onto Aomine’s sleeve as he unconsciously passed by Kuroko as well.

“Leave him be, Kise or else he’ll use his lucky item for today at us.” Aomine grumbled and passed by his former light.

“What lucky item?” Murasakibara asked.

“A hammer.” Midorima proudly responded.

“That’s not something to be proud of, Shintarou.” Akashi sighed; Kuroko’s figure stiffened with the voice.

Do you hate me, Sei-kun? For being Kuroko Tetsuya? For existing?

The red-head was already in half before fully passing by his former teammate when Akashi suddenly turned.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But Tetsuya’s gone.

“Aka-chin?” Murasakibara called out.

“Where’s Tetsuya?” Akashi asked.

Right after he asked that question, the lighting struck in the sky and heavy raindrops dropped on the roof of the gymnasium.

“Tetsu? Isn’t he in the locker room with his teammates?” Aomine responded, confused.

“Are you blind? He was just standing there about 5 seconds ago.” Akashi insisted.

“Eh? Why didn’t I even feel his presence?”  Kise asked.

“Are you quite sure with what you’re saying, Akashi?” Midorima queried.

He earned a glare with that. “That’s something you should not have asked, Shintarou. Are you forgetting who I am?”

Midorima quickly composed himself and exhaled. “No, I’m not opposing against you, Akashi. All I’m saying is that—“

“Ah, why are you still here?” Kagami greeted.

“Where’s Kurokocchi?”

“Huh? Wasn’t he with you?” Kagami replied, confused.

“No, he wasn’t.” Aomine responded.

“If you’re looking for Kuroko, he bade that he’ll go ahead of us. He said his stomach hurts and he wants to go home already.”Hyuuga cut in.

“Without umbrella?” Akashi demanded.

“I think?” Hyuuga mumbled.

Akashi huffed. “IDIOTS.” He cursed, grabbed Aomine’s umbrella, opened it and ran outside of the gym.

~LFMH021~

Kuroko sat on the bench like he’s not soaking wet and he’s not under a heavy rain.

He breathed in then out. “I want to go home.”

“Can I sit beside you?” a voice asked.

Kuroko just nodded, with eyes closed.

“How’s your stomach?” that voice asked, this time.

“It’s fine now. It’s not—“ He stopped, opened his eyes and looked at his seatmate. “I-Isshin Toshita…”

Isshin smiled slyly. “I heard that you already told your mother and brother everything…Way to ruin our plans.” He mumbled as he went near the teal-haired teen.

Kuroko froze on his place when Isshin slowly and slyly trailed his fingers from Kuroko’s thighs until he’s already touching him from outside. “N-No, wait…”

Isshin’s eyes widened before he made a maniacal expression. He released the blue-head’s pants before encircling his hands around the latter’s neck. “Why don’t you just die?”

Isshin’s hands fully encircled his neck now and tightened it. “Augh!!!” Kuroko tried squirming but couldn’t breathe properly under the rain.

…Sei-kun…

“I hope I could toy with you again, but I think knowing that your mother and brother already know that truth, it’s not advisable. So, it’ll be better if I just strangle you to death now.” Isshin with menace whispered and tightened his hands around Kuroko’s neck.

“…P-P-P-Please…Augh…Ca-Can’t…”

His vision started to blacken.

“…Die…Die…Tetsu..die…”

“Isshin Toshita! What are you doing--?!” familiar voices protested and he felt himself catching his breath.

He saw something red but…then, everything was black.

~LFMH021~

“Kurokocchi…”Kise whispered and tried reaching for Kuroko’s hand.

But the latter slapped the yellow-head’s hand away and hid behind the door.

“Kuroko, please, come out. We’re not those men. We’ll not hurt you.” Midorima pleaded, for the first time, in his whole life.

“Liar.” Kuroko accused, and threw a pillow at the three guys extending their hands for him.

“Kuro-chin…” Murasakibara picked him up and Kuroko struggled.

“Let me go or else, Murasakibara-kun! Let me go! All of you, liars! All of you will just hurt me! All of you will just leave me behind! All of you are just fakers.” The teal-haired teen hysterically shouted. “Let me go!”

“Let him go.” Akashi ordered. “Let.him.go.”

Murasakibara released Kuroko suddenly and the latter fell on the ground, butt first. “Ow.”

Akashi sighed and nodded at his other teammates. “I’ll handle this.”

Murasakibara, Midorima, Aomine and Kise looked at one another before leaving Akashi’s room.

The red-head squatted and looked at his phantom member. “Tetsuya.”

With trembling body, the teal-haired boy looked away more.

“Tetsuya.”

“Go away.” Kuroko mumbled, his arms embracing himself.

“Tetsuya,” Akashi repeated.

“Please, just go away.” He sniffed.

Akashi sighed and knelt on the floor before turning Kuroko’s face, himself. “Once I said your name, turn my way.” He clarified and touched Kuroko’s bruises in the face.

Kuroko flinched and pushed the red-head away.

Akashi fell on the ground before sighing and kneeling again.

Kuroko’s body continued to tremble. “Please, don’t go near me. Please, leave me. Please, stop. Please, I beg you. Please…Please…”He cried

Teiko’s captain exhaled before slapping his phantom’s cheek. Hard.

Kuroko’s eyes widened before he slowly looked at Akashi. The latter smiled. “Calm now?”

Tears flowed continuously and cries were shouted in Akashi’s room. All of those noise came from the always-silent Kuroko Tetsuya of the Generation of Miracles. Akashi smiled pitifully before wrapping his arms around Tetsuya.

“R-Rio…died…because of me! H-He’s…gone…and…-sniff- it was…-sniff-…my fault! Akashi-kun, please…-sniff- make….me…forget…-sniff—all…of…those!” Kuroko cried and gripped Akashi’s shirt in the back. “Akashi-kun…!”

Akashi stared at the crying teal-haired before gently leaning his lips on the phantom player’s lips. The latter was surprised but slowly reciprocated the kiss.

After only few seconds, Akashi, himself, ended it. “Akashi-kun…”

Akashi leaned his lips on Kuroko’s forehead. “From now on, I’ll always be by your side. I’ll always love you.”

Kuroko raised a hand and remembered Rio and his way in making a promise. He lifted his hand more, closed it then just left the pinky raised. “Promise?”

Akashi just stared at Kuroko’s pinky for few moments before laughing and intertwining his own pinky with the blue-head. “I promise.”

~LFMH021~

Kuroko opened his eyes and blinked. Why did I dream that?

This is a very familiar place… He wondered and sat up.

He painfully stood up, his throat dry and his sight blurry and walked towards what-he-remembers-as the living room. “Sei-kun?” He whispered.

No one responded and he heard the gas stove being turned on.

He painstakingly walked to the kitchen.

There’s someone cooking…cooking stew. “Sei—“

His hope shattered upon seeing…

.

.

.

.

Kagami standing before the stove and cooking.

“K-Kagami-kun…”He couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Ah, Kuroko, how are you feeling? Can you breathe properly? How—“ Kuroko slowly and without energy approached his current light and leaned his forehead against Kagami’s chest. “Kuroko, what—“

He didn’t come…He didn’t save me…He wasn’t beside me…

“About your confession…” Kuroko whispered.

Kagami laughed. “Forget about it. It’s not like you feel the same besides, I know it’s awkward for you, so just forget about it and—“

Kuroko took Kagami’s hand. “I will go out with you.”

“Yes, that’s right, You’re right, you probably should forget about it and---WHAT?!” Kagami demanded, then gulped. “Stop making fun of me, Kuroko or I’ll kill you, myself.”

Kuroko forced to smile. “Bakagami-kun.”

“What--?!”

Kuroko wrapped his arms around Kagami. “Please…take care of me from now on.”

“Kuroko, are you serious?”

Kuroko nodded. “I still have no sense of humor, Kagami-kun, so I’m technically serious.”

Kagami smiled ear-to-ear before lifting the blue-head and spinning the latter around. “Oh, Kuroko!”

“Please stop!!!” Kuroko panicked.

Kagami immediately stopped and put the blue-head down.

“But, before anything, I want you to know something. The incident that happened when I was still in second year in Teiko. I want you to know my darkest past. And my life. After I tell you everything, you must promise me that you’ll keep it.”

Kagami turned off the stove. “Whatever it is, it’ll not change my opinion about you.”

Kuroko smiled and took both of Kagami’s hands. “Then, follow me in your bedroom.”

What are you doing, Tetsuya Kuroko? Are you getting insane? His heart shouted.

What am I supposed to do? Let myself get hurt more? And hope for someone that never really cared from the very start? His mind countered.

But, you just met Kagami Taiga. His heart retorted.

Yes, I’ve met Sei—Akashi-kun for more than a year now…but I never really bonded with him. His mind responded.

Still, I think Akashi Seijuro’s still better than him. His heart replied.

You’re just the heart, I’m the mind. I control everything, even you, so I choose Kagami Taiga whether you like it or not. The mind clarified.

Kuroko looked outside. At 3 in the afternoon on a Monday, Kuroko Tetsuya decided to follow his mind and not his heart. To continue playing basketball. To continue fighting against his fear of strangers. To continue trying to make Helden Nomaki, Isshin Toshita and the other members of Awase stop trying to get rid of him. To continue living his lonely life. To continue being Kuroko Tetsuya. To continue enduring the pain.

AND TO STOP LOVING AKASHI SEIJURO, HIS FORMER CAPTAIN IN TEIKO AND IN GENERATION OF MIRACLES, HIS EVER-SUPPORTIVE TEAMMATE, THE BEST RIVAL HE HAD AND THE ONLY PERSON WHO MADE HIM HAPPY AND BE GLAD FOR BEING ALIVE.

Author’s note:

Thank you for being my supportive readers, I know some of you hate same already for liking conflicts so much, but what is fanfiction with multi-chapters if you don’t use creative conflicts. We’ll finally know what truly happened at Kuroko’s second year in Middle School in the next chapter.

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEWS!

I apologize for all the errors I made!

PLEASE REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 291 18
Akashi Seijuro. That was his name. Akashi Seijuro. As Kuroko repeated the name that seemed to have haunted him for days, all he could've thought was...
64.4K 1.7K 21
[DISCLAIMER: i do NOT own KnB or any photos used in this book] Kuroko is a very special boy, hes a legend, not that anyone knows its him. This is a...
55.7K 1.3K 22
Ever since young Tetsuya was always bullied because of his appearance so he tends to shut people out except his family but what happens when he meet...
1.4K 41 1
Kuroko has always had a secret crush on Aomine. Even with help from his best friend Momoi, he could never seem to capture the courage to tell his for...