Marks of the Soul: Exo x Read...

By LunaMoon78

Y/n L/n lives in a world where everyone has a tattoo based off of their soulmate's supernatural power, hers i... More

Character Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Announcement
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
New Story
My Phone is Glitchy
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Announcement
Chapter 9
New Book Idea
Chapter 10
Y/n School Schedule
Announcement
Christmas Update Voting
Chapter 11
Tattoos
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Valentine's Day Special?
New Story
Important (Pls read)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 14

949 24 1
By LunaMoon78

Y/n POV

"You don't have to respond Y/n," Kyungsoo whispered, "I know you don't feel the same way."

"Kyungsoo I-."

"Y/n, I don't need your pity, just pretend this conversation never happened," he walked away.

When his footsteps disappeared, I fell to my knees. Tears streamed down my face, I don't know why I was crying, but I was. I just felt numb, like I'd never smile again. Is this what heartbreak feels like or do I just feel guilty? I don't believe I've ever loved anyone, I had a crush on Baekhyun, I have a crush on Sehun, but I've never loved anyone. I'm probably just guilty.

"Why did I tell him to get over his first love?"

I've never even had a first love and I was telling him to get rid of his feelings like how you'd throw away trash. I don't understand how he feels. How did I not realize he was in love with me? Was I such a self absorbed brat that I never noticed how others felt about me?

"Do I even know how I feel?" I mumbled.

I slowly pulled myself off of the ground. I didn't deserve to feel bad for myself, I wasn't the one who had just had her heart broken. No, I had broken someone's heart. I was a hypocrite. I scolded Kyungsoo for breaking Mina's heart, when I myself was breaking Kyungsoo's heart this whole time.

I walked out of the courtyard with my head held low in shame. I made my way to my car and drove towards the karaoke place where my friends and I were celebrating after the talent show.

"Guys, Y/n's here!" Jongdae announced.

I nodded and slumped down into a chair. I quietly watched as my friends took turns singing and dancing, but I didn't make a move to join. I was exhausted, but I wasn't going to ditch them.

"Hey Y/n," Jongin looked at me, his eyes full of worry, "are you okay?"

I faked a smile, "I'm fine Jongin, just tired."

"You're lying," he mumbled, "just tell me the truth."

"Jongin, I'm not lying."

"Yes you are, so we're gonna go talk," he gave me a serious look and pulled me into the hallway.

I didn't resist because I knew it would make no difference. When Jongin was serious about something, nobody could stop him, not even me.

"Y/n, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I retorted.

He sighed, "stop lying to me Y/n, I'll always know."

I frowned, "okay Jongin I'm not fine, are you happy now?"

Jongin's POV

"No, if you're not happy neither am I."

"Jongin, your happiness shouldn't depend upon me," Y/n scolded.

Why not? Y/n was the nicest person I knew, even if she pretended to be big and tough, I knew she was a softie at heart. She was my first friend here, even if she really tried to get rid of me at first. So, why can't she be my happiness?

"Y/n just tell me what's wrong."

"I don't wanna talk about it," she whined.

I got closer to her face, forcing her to look at me, "Tell me."

She shook her head, "Uhuh."

"Tell me or I'll tickle you to death," I threatened.

She scowled, "Just let me suffer alone like the terrible person I am."

I immediately pulled her into a hug, "you are not a terrible person."

"Yes I am," she mumbled.

I frowned, "who told you that."

"I figured it out on my own."

How on earth did she come to the conclusion that she was a terrible person. She was perhaps the nicest person I've ever met. Even if she had a cold exterior she was warm on the inside.

"What made you think that?" I asked.

"I broke his heart," she mumbled her eyes welling up with tears.

"Who's heart?"

She hiccuped, "Ky-kyung-so-soo," she stuttered.

How did she break Kyungsoo's heart? I didn't know he liked her that way. Didn't he treat her like a little sister? What was did I miss?

"How?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," she whispered.

I rubbed her back as an attempt to calm her down. In response she buried her face deeper into my chest, hoping to hide her tear stained face.

She was in my arms for about ten minutes when I started hearing soft snores, which told me she had fallen asleep.

"What am I supposed to do with you now sleepy head?" I asked her and she obviously didn't answer.

I really didn't understand what she was talking about. I don't know how she could've broken Kyungsoo's heart, but if she reacts this way to hurting someone. I don't think I could ever tell her how I feel.

I planted a kiss on the top of her head, "I'll just have to pretend in this moment that we are more than friends," I mumbled, "because I don't think I could live with myself if my love could cause her to be like this."

Y/n's POV

"Where am I?" I yawned.

I turned to the door as I saw the handle jiggling. To be honest I was sort of scared, but I tried to put on a tough facade.

"Good morning Y/n."

"Thank Jesus it's you Jongin," I sighed in relief, "I thought I was kidnapped."

He tilted his head in confusion, "Why did you think you were kidnapped."

"Well for starters I didn't know where I was," I explained, "I also didn't remember getting brought here last night."

"Well you don't remember because I brought you here because I didn't wanna wake you up."

"Aww that's so sweet Nini," I cooed, "come here and give me a hug."

He gave me a shy smile and walked over to me. I embraced him tightly with a content smile. Gosh, this kid was so thoughtful.

"Thanks for comforting me last night," I mumbled.

"Anytime Y/n."

I let go of him, "Do you wanna hang out today, it would be my treat?"

His face instantly brightened, "Really?"

"Of course!"

He lifted me off of the bed and began spinning me around in excitement. He was smiling and laughing and to be honest I was hypnotized. How have I never noticed how loveable Jongin was?

"You can put me down now Nini, I'm getting dizzy."

He quickly put me down and began mumbling apologies. I just nodded because I wasn't mad. I made sure to lie down because honestly I felt awful.

"So where are we gonna go?"

"Ummm-," I paused as tried to come up with an idea, "Oooh, we should go to the amusement park."

"Hell yeah!"

"Now that that's settled, we should get ready," I sat up from the bed and grabbed my keys, "which means I have to stop at home."

"Okay, we can go once I'm ready," Jongin said as he rummaged through his dresser trying to find something to wear.

"What if I wear this?" He asked holding up a black sweatshirt.

"You'll look good in anything, so just hurry up."

He nodded and took off his shirt. I mean who just does that in front of someone?

I covered my eyes, "Change in the bathroom you dummy!"

"What are you afraid you might fall in love?"

"No," I protested, "I'm afraid I'll have to wash my eyes out with bleach!"

"Liar," he hissed, "I know I'm hot, so just control your drooling."

I unconsciously wiped my mouth for drool and weirdly enough there was some. Why was I such a fool? Now he'll know I thought he was hot.

"See, you were drooling over my abs," he exclaimed before going into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

He came out in about five minutes with mostly wet hair, but luckily he was completely dressed.

"Why didn't you dry your hair?"

"I was too lazy, it'll dry eventually anyway."

"Actually, it'll freeze in the cold and fall off like an icicle," I smirked.

"I don't care," he grumbled.

"Well I do, so hand me your towel," I ordered.

He tossed me the towel and I motioned for him to sit in front of me. He sat down and I began drying his hair. He sighed in content as I rubbed his scalp.

"Okay I'm done, now you should fix your hair before it dries like this," I said referring to the spike mess he called his hair.

He nodded and quickly fixed his hair. When he was done I ran past him towards the front door. I went into my car and put the keys into the ignition. Jongin sat down in the passenger's seat and we were off for my house.

"You can wait in the car, I'll be about fifteen minutes, probably less," I told Jongin when we arrived.

He nodded and I ran into my house. I rushed into the bathroom and got into the shower. I rushed through my routine and got out of the shower. I blow dried my hair, then walked into my room to find an outfit when I was done.

"I'll just go casual," I mumbled as I grabbed my dinosaur sweatshirt and some blue jeans.

(This is the sweatshirt)

I put on the clothes and rushed out the door. I plopped down into the driver's seat with a smile.

"Did you wait long?"

"Nope, you only took ten minutes," he responded.

I grinned and put the gear into reverse and pulled out of my driveway. Jongin put in the directions for the amusement park and we began the thirty minute drive.

Timed Skip...

I woke up after the thirty minute drive with a yawn. Lol, no I didn't I was driving, that would be unsafe. I actually woke Jongin up from his thirty minute nap.

"Jongin get up, we're here," I yelled.

He shot up and gave me a tired look, "I'm up, now be quiet."

I rolled my eyes as I turned off the car. I pulled Jongin out of the car and towards the ticket booth.

"Two tickets please," I told the worker as I handed him the money.

He nodded and handed me the tickets, "this isn't the right amount though Miss," he smirked, "but giving me your number will fix this mess."

Jongin rolled his eyes, "She's not interested."

"Who are you?"

Jongin wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I'm her boyfriend."

"No you're-," he cut me off.

"And she paid the right price, so we'll be going."

Jongin dragged me through the front gates. While I just rolled my eyes at his antics. Really was he that annoyed with that guy?

"Jongin, you can let go now," I said referring to our interlocked hands.

"Oh, yeah," he said dropping my hand.

I smiled at him, "okay let's have some fun!"

"Hell yeah!"

We both ran towards a roller coaster with the silliest smiles on our faces. However, I stopped in my tracks when I saw him.

"Kyungsoo?" I whispered to myself.

Jongin looked in the direction I was looking, and surely enough it was him and he was with a girl. I was shocked, didn't he just tell me he loved me yesterday and now he's with another girl.

"Who does he think he is?"

I know this chapter is shorter than the others, but I'm probably gonna put Junmyeon into the story soon, so just wait. Please vote and comment on this chapter. I also recommend for you guys to read my other stories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.8K 22
At sixteen, every person on earth is destined to get a tattoo on each arm: one that matches their soulmate and one that matches their worst enemy. Th...
2.1K 92 10
'Next time we see each other you guys might be Kpop idols. Isn't that strange?' Or In which Alexis Kim had 7 best friends, she loves photography and...
205K 2.9K 27
*This story is based on the soulmate AU where the first words your soulmate speaks to you are written on your body* Sophie is scared of her mark. The...
53.5K 1.5K 29
"Hyung my soulmate is out there in the crowd. I felt the tattoo burn." In a world where turning 21 means you get your soulmate tattoo. It's a mark of...