Chasing Dylan

By Itshannahxx

Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despise... More

Lead Characters
Chasing Dylan
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue
Book 2
Forever Chasing

Chapter Sixteen

9.9K 463 328
By Itshannahxx

When school was over, I met Callum in the parking lot so that he could take me home to change for work. Even though I enjoyed the time he took me on his motorcycle, I was glad he decided to drive his car today.

"You want to play your music?" He asked, holding the aux cord in front of me.

"You seem to have forgotten that I don't have my phone."

"Play it from my phone." He replied, handing me his cellphone before pulling out of the school parking lot.

I scrolled through his apple music library, and decided to play Drake's More Life album on shuffle.

Callum laughed as Teenage Fever began to play.

"Sometimes I feel like you like Drake more than you like me." He said, shaking his head.

I laughed and held his free hand as he drove.

"Maybe just a little." I said, playfully.

He took his hand from mine and gasped, putting it on his heart. "Why don't you go and be with him then!"

Still laughing, I replied "If I could I would, but I'll just have to settle for you I guess."

His mouth dropped open in fake shock. "That's it, I'm pulling over. I want you out." He stated, as he continued to drive.

It was a quick drive to my house, while I listened to music, and Callum grumbled about how he was better looking than Drake. I continued to tease him the entire ride.

We finally got to my house, and we both got out of the car.

"Wanna come in? You still haven't gotten the chance to see my bedroom yet." I said, as we walked towards the front door.

"Definitely. Lets do it." He replied, interlocking our fingers.

We walked into my house, and I right away, I saw my father sitting in the living room, reading a book. He looked up when he heard the door close, and greeted us with a smile.

"Hi Dylan, Callum." He said, standing up from his seat.

"Hey dad." I said, quickly letting go of Callum's hand.

Callum walked towards my father, and shook his hand. "It's nice to see you again, Mr Gold."

"Likewise." My father responded. "How was school?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Uh it was okay, I didn't have my phone all though. I left it in you car when you dropped me off, have you seen it by any chance?"

"I came to your school around 11 to bring it to you. When I got there, I saw Justin and asked him if he could give it to you. He didn't?" He asked, with a confused look on his face.

That was when everything clicked for me. That is how everyone knew we were step siblings. Callum gave me a knowing look, coming to the same realization as me.

"I haven't seen Justin all day, I heard that he left school." I said, looking to the ground.

"You both look guilty, what is it that you aren't telling me?" My father said sternly.

There was no use in hiding it, he might as well know the about the drama he had caused.

"Well when you came to school today, you kind of let the cat out of the bag. Everyone knows that the twins and I are related now, it's all over the school."

My father blinked at me, as if he was digesting the information.

"Oh." He shrugged. "I didn't realize it was that big of a deal. Regardless, I'm glad it happened, it shouldn't have been a secret anyway. I'll see you two later, I'm going to do some work in my office." He said before walking away.

He turned back and pointed at Callum. "No funny business with my daughter, you hear me?"

Callum laughed, and said "Heard you loud and clear, sir."

I rolled my eyes as my father departed. "Well, that was very anticlimactic. Lets go to my room."

Callum looked around my bedroom, and sat on my bed.

"It's just as I imagined, very you." He said.

"Oh, so you've been imagining my room?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

His cheeks turned red as he broke eye contact. "What? No."

I laughed and sat beside him. He looked to my nightstand, and picked up my favorite photo.

"Is this your mom? She looks almost identical to you." He asked, staring down at the picture.

"Yea, this was our last picture together, on my sixth birthday. She died a few months later." I said, softly.

He turned to me, and looked into my now watering eyes.

"I'm sorry you lost her, she was beautiful."

"Thank you." I responded, quickly pressing my lips on his. "From what I can remember, she was amazing. And from the videos I've seen, she was outspoken and always so sure of herself, so basically the opposite of me." I laughed, sadly.

Callum shook his head. "Maybe the old you. The you that I know sounds a lot like your mother." He said, resting the photo back on the nightstand.

I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his neck. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Okay." I said, letting go of him. "Enough of this sappy stuff, I have to get ready for work."

I went into my bathroom to change and freshen up as Callum continued to tour my bedroom. When I came out, he was lying on my bed with his eyes closed and his hand behind his head.

"You comfortable there, buddy?" I asked, with a laugh.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Yes actually, your bed is way more comfortable than mine. Plus it smells like you." He said getting up, and wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Oh? What do I smell like?" I asked, putting my arms around his neck.

He bent down and buried his face in my hair. "Like vanilla, with a hint of strawberry."

"That's the shampoo."

"Hmm, no, I think it's just you."

I laughed and took his hands off of my waist. "No more distractions, we need to go before I'm late for work."

"Fine." He huffed, as he took my hand in his. I've come to realize that Callum was a very affectionate person, and I loved it.

When I opened my door to leave, I looked down, and there sat my cellphone. I picked it up, and turned to Callum. "Justin must've been here."

"It's about time he gave it to you, he's been holding it hostage all day. Open it, and make sure he didn't do anything on it." He said.

I unlocked my phone, and nothing looked out of the ordinary. Then I saw that it was charged to a hundred percent.

"He charged it. It was on twenty something this morning." I shook my head in confusion. "Why would he do that?"

"I have an idea." Callum stated, but didn't elaborate.

"Huh?" I questioned.

But he just shook his head.

-

"You should be having fun like a normal teenager, why you wanna work here when you don't have to?" Hector asked, as he put a thing of fries in the deep fryer.

I laughed. "You know I like making my own money, and if I didn't work here I wouldn't see you as much."

"Your father is rich mija, let him take care of you, es su empleo. You can always visit me, I want you to enjoy your life while you're still young."

"Maybe. I'll think about it. First, I need to take care of this table." I said, walking out of the kitchen towards the table of boys that just sat down.

There were four guys at the table, and they all stared at me as I walked toward them. They were all handsome, but there was one with dark hair and blue eyes that was much more attractive than the rest. Though, no one could compare to my boyfriend.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Gracie's, can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

The dark haired guy was the first to speak.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how I got here. I was supposed to be in a diner, but all of a sudden I'm being greeted by the angel that welcomes you to heavens gates." He said in a fake surprised voice.

His friends began to laugh. It was so incredibly lame, that I had to laugh too.

"Good one. Drinks?" I asked again, looking around, trying to dismiss his flirting in the nicest way possible.

"I'll take a Pepsi, and I already know what I want for my entree." I raised my eyebrows at him. "You." He said, with a smirk on his face.

I ignored his blatant flirting, and proceeded to ask the other guys for their drink orders. I quickly walked away after, to avoid any more awkwardness. Another waitress, an older woman named Keri was at the drink station filling cups.

"Hey Keri, do you mind switching tables with me, this one guy is being relentless with the flirting."

"No problem sweetie." She said, smiling at me.

"Thank you so much." I smiled back.

We traded cups, and she went to my table, while I went to hers.

After the rest of my customers left, I took my break. I went to the back table that was close to the kitchen, and drank a strawberry milkshake while I texted Callum. He told me that he was on his way to the diner so that he can eat dinner and wait for me to finish my shift.

I was so caught up with texting, that I didn't realize someone walking towards me, until he sat in the seat across from me.

It was the dark haired boy.

I looked up from my phone at him. "I'm on my break right now, but your waitress can help you with whatever you need."

"I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm Evan, and you are?" He asked, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Dylan." I said, shaking his hand. I didn't want to be rude, but this guy made me very uncomfortable.

"I love it when chicks have a guys name. I think it's hot." He smirked, his eyes looking seductively into mine.

"I'm sorry, I'm not interested. I have a boyfriend." I said, hoping to shut him down once and for all.

He continued to stare at me inappropriately. "Well it's not like you're married, we can definitely have some fun together, Dylan." He said, resting his hand on top of mine.

Before I could even pull away, a voice came from behind him.

"Why don't you take your hand off of my girlfriend, Summers." Callum said, as he approached the table.

Evan turned to him, his eyes widened, and then turned back to me as I removed my hand from underneath his.

I looked up at Callum, and he looked furious. This must be the Evan he told me about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...
344K 40.1K 55
♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any...
29.6K 911 43
Mackenzie Young has always been forced to not "do her". Mackenzie has had life planned out for her every since she was 2 years old, due to having no...
ERROR By khxlix_03

Teen Fiction

1.2M 30.8K 50
Angel Rodriguez is the daughter of a very powerfull man named Robert Rodriguez. She has everything any girl ever wanted. But she also has a secret n...